Even with Phil begging Nintendo and PS5 gamers to buy their games, the gamers don't want them.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

With Phil Spencer on a begging spree, starting with gamers to buy their games, and Phil begging Sony to have Hell Divers 2 for the XBOX, it looks like it's not paying off. Even though I own Hi-Fi Rush on PC (awesome game btw) these games are being told by gamers to please keep it on the xbox ecosystem.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

God damn those are some garbage games lol.

I can literally play them all for free on GamePass, and haven't bothered to install them. They're not even worth it for free.

They should give Halo Infinite and Gears 5. Those were the two good MS comes of the last 5 years.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44574 Posts

Nearly half are receptive to playing them, they got a lot of potential on PS consoles, doesn't matter if the slim majority won't touch them. Even the best PS exclusives are only enjoyed by a small fraction of the userbase.

This is multifaceted move. For starters, the obvious, it helps MS make more money they can put back into their own games and services. It also spreads positive brand awareness. It helps quell concerns about locking content down if MS plans future acquisitions. More importantly, any MS live service titles offered on PS systems, in a zero sum game, it makes Sony's efforts toward pushing a sustainable GaaS tougher, because PS gamers playing MS live service games won't be playing Sony's. It's pretty clear too that live service games really suck up all the oxygen in the market, just look at any most-played lists on Xbox or PlayStation or Steam, it's almost all dominated by live service games, with SP focused games dropping in and out at launch but the live service games top charts for the long run.

Anyhow, why wouldn't Sony gamers play them? Not like Sony has any 1st party games coming to the platform anytime soon.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13666 Posts

I mean... It's CowGN. Who is taking that seriously as a source?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38931 Posts

What is this made for gamepass shovelware lmao. I don't want to see them on my ps5, keep that trash where it belongs, the renting service that collects shovelware.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8245 Posts

@daredevils2k: 53% not interested, so roughly half are interested..

Not the "own" you think it is lol..

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61491 Posts

lol, OP off to a flying start.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6091 Posts

I hope cows don't buy them, and then Spencer and his merry bunch of failing suits quit and MS gets someone in there that wants to fight for Xbox's place in the market.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58340 Posts

I feel bad for the hard-working developers caught in the middle of these business politics. What a load of garbage to have to deal with.

This should all be simple, really: make game, put it on any platform, consumers win.

Oh, what's that? Platform manufacturer worried about selling hardware? Then make better hardware!

Can you imagine buying a car, but you could only get gas from "exclusive" stations based on who manufactured your car?

"Oh you bought a Ford? Sorry sir only Toyotas and Hondas can fuel up at Chevron, you need to go to a different station."

Swear to god, only us gamers not only tolerate such nonsense, but ask for it. SMH.

Government needs to step in and force a timed exclusive deal of one year then after that, if the developer wishes it, they can release the game on other platforms.

@hardwenzen said:

What is this made for gamepass shovelware lmao. I don't want to see them on my ps5, keep that trash where it belongs, the renting service that collects shovelware.

They're good games, not sure why you consider them shovelware simply because of where they come from.

@Mozelleple112 said:

God damn those are some garbage games lol.

They are?

But...you just said you haven't played them. How do you know?

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38931 Posts

@mrbojangles25: Because games that are built from the grounds up for gamepass are exactly like movies made to go straight to dvd, its shovelware. The latest Forza is the best example there is. The same applies to redfall, starfield, infinite and so many other games, but Forza is like this perfect example of what a Built For Gamepass game truly is.

Mesome713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 Mesome713
Member since 2019 • 7206 Posts

We want Doom, CoD, Minecraft, Edler Scros please Microsoft 🙏

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15930 Posts

I agree with the poll. I mean I love to have them, more games is great but not like those are must play games. Probably will never touch any of them even if they released day 1 on all platform. Must suck to be devs seeing polls like this tho.

stacweed11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By stacweed11
Member since 2020 • 447 Posts

I'll grab Hifi Rush. Heard it's good

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By blamix
Member since 2006 • 2036 Posts

I wouldn't buy any of them tbh. Might give Hi-Fi rush a go if it's free

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44221 Posts

Their loss then. 🤷‍♂️

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

Ign 😂😂😂😂😂😂

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56139 Posts

Why would Phil be begging for crap such as this? He's just bringing other games to different platforms and calling it a day.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44094 Posts

Poo cows. lol :P

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#19 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41537 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:

I feel bad for the hard-working developers caught in the middle of these business politics. What a load of garbage to have to deal with.

This should all be simple, really: make game, put it on any platform, consumers win.

Oh, what's that? Platform manufacturer worried about selling hardware? Then make better hardware!

Can you imagine buying a car, but you could only get gas from "exclusive" stations based on who manufactured your car?

"Oh you bought a Ford? Sorry sir only Toyotas and Hondas can fuel up at Chevron, you need to go to a different station."

Um... pretty sure there is a difference between gaming and the automotive industry. A BIG difference. Seen this narrative with movies too.

Games are complicated enough to be developed and coded for said piece of hardware.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6849 Posts

I'd want to try Hifi Rush based on word of mouth. If Sea of Thieves was a solo campaign, I'd be all for it.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44094 Posts

@shellcase86 said:

I'd want to try Hifi Rush based on word of mouth. If Sea of Thieves was a solo campaign, I'd be all for it.

Sea of Thieves Solo mode called Safer Waters launched in December. Have at it. ;)

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22707 Posts

Internet polls as ownage.... 😂🤣 Monday morning chuckles for everyone!

Of course, cows didn't even support games like rachet and Clank when it came out so maybe not a huge surprise? Think most Sony fans are playing cod anyway.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mrbojangles25

@nintendoboy16 said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Um... pretty sure there is a difference between gaming and the automotive industry. A BIG difference. Seen this narrative with movies too.

Games are complicated enough to be developed and coded for said piece of hardware.

I'm aware of that and I admit it's not the best analogy, but I also feel that's a choice on the publisher's behalf or the developer's.

There's a near-infinite number of combinations of PC hardware out there running, at any given moment, a near-infinite number of software and firmware variations for that hardware. Games are developed for PC and run with no issues (despite the clamor of anti-PC folks saying it's a hassle, it's really not these days, that's a problem from the 90's that frankly doesn't exist that much).

I think the claim that "Oh we didn't make the game coded for said piece of hardware" is nonsense. If it can work on PC, it can work on Xbox, it can work on Playstation.

TL;DR: they can make their game run on any platform if they want it to. They just decide not to.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#24 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5169 Posts

Just give me sunset overdrive. That's all I want damn it.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#25 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41537 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

I'm aware of that and I admit it's not the best analogy, but I also feel that's a choice on the publisher's behalf or the developer's.

There's a near-infinite number of combinations of PC hardware out there running, at any given moment, a near-infinite number of software and firmware variations for that hardware. Games are developed for PC and run with no issues (despite the clamor of anti-PC folks saying it's a hassle, it's really not these days, that's a problem from the 90's that frankly doesn't exist that much).

I think the claim that "Oh we didn't make the game coded for said piece of hardware" is nonsense. If it can work on PC, it can work on Xbox, it can work on Playstation.

TL;DR: they can make their game run on any platform if they want it to. They just decide not to.

Does it though? When we're talking same gen ports, it adds up no matter what's ported. They tend to focus on one system and port to others with some... eh, results. Cyberpunk was meant for PC. Resident Evil 4 Classic, Tales of Symphonia, Viewtiful Joe, and Super Monkey Ball were all meant for the GameCube. No More Heroes was meant for the Wii. Yet when they were all ported to other systems, no matter if they were weaker or more powerful, it got to varied, often iffy results.

The only game I can think of that DIDN'T focus on one platform was Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, at least on the original three releases.

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8858 Posts

@daredevils2k said:

With Phil Spencer on a begging spree, starting with gamers to buy their games, and Phil begging Sony to have Hell Divers 2 for the XBOX, it looks like it's not paying off. Even though I own Hi-Fi Rush on PC (awesome game btw) these games are being told by gamers to please keep it on the xbox ecosystem.

IGN "polls". LOL.

Your account should be suspended for posting such foolishness.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12995 Posts

@dabear said:
@daredevils2k said:

IGN "polls". LOL.

Your account should be suspended for posting such foolishness.

All his threads get closed anyway.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Polls don't lie, another bad day for Lems. :(

dabear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dabear
Member since 2002 • 8858 Posts

@Heil68 said:

Tell that to Hillary Clinton. And, her polls were scientific, IGN's are not.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

@dabear said:
@Heil68 said:

Tell that to Hillary Clinton. And, her polls were scientific, IGN's are not.

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 LuxuryHeart
Member since 2017 • 1865 Posts

@mrbojangles25 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Notice how you didn't list the Switch??? The issue with this need for an agnostic platform is that it simply goes down to y'all being butthurt that Nintendo isn't making games for other platforms. Y'all don't care when third party companies 'shaft' Nintendo.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By mrbojangles25
@luxuryheart said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Notice how you didn't list the Switch??? The issue with this need for an agnostic platform is that it simply goes down to y'all being butthurt that Nintendo isn't making games for other platforms. Y'all don't care when third party companies 'shaft' Nintendo.

I didn't list the Switch because the hardware is so weak it generally can't run a lot of modern games in acceptable conditions, and is, frankly, beneath most gamers as a platform.

But if you want to add it to the list, go ahead. It'd be worse than "potato mode" on PC with a 10+ year old rig, but you could run most games...if they let you.

Which, again, reinforces my argument: there is absolutely zero technical or practical reason we could not run Nintendo games on PC, PS, and Xbox.

Again, not sure why you're going after me, I'm not the one screwing gamers over, Sony/MS/Nintendo is.

Icrackurnuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Icrackurnuts
Member since 2024 • 62 Posts

That poll is rigged lol

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LuxuryHeart

@mrbojangles25 said:
@luxuryheart said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

I didn't list the Switch because the hardware is so weak it generally can't run a lot of modern games in acceptable conditions, and is, frankly, beneath most gamers as a platform.

But if you want to add it to the list, go ahead. It'd be worse than "potato mode" on PC with a 10+ year old rig, but you could run most games...if they let you.

Which, again, reinforces my argument: there is absolutely zero technical or practical reason we could not run Nintendo games on PC, PS, and Xbox.

Again, not sure why you're going after me, I'm not the one screwing gamers over, Sony/MS/Nintendo is.

"Frankly beneath most gamers as a platform."

"There is absolutely zero technical or practical reason we could not run Nintendo games on..."

Zzz

This is more cope for Nintendo not releasing their games on your platform of choice. Once again, you don't care about companies not releasing games to the Switch. You care when they don't release games to your platform of choice.

That's why I don't take agnostic platform talks to be serious. It's not about making all gamers happy, it's about making YOU happy.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By mrbojangles25

@luxuryheart said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@luxuryheart said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

"There is absolutely zero technical or practical reason we could not run Nintendo games on..."

Zzz

This is more cope for Nintendo not releasing their games on your platform of choice. Once again, you don't care about companies not releasing games to the Switch. You care when they don't release games to your platform of choice.

That's why I don't take agnostic platform talks to be serious. It's not about making all gamers happy, it's about making YOU happy.

Would all games on all platforms in some way harm you? Make you unhappy? That's sort of the argument I'm trying to make, and why I don't understand arguing against it, because it's ultimately a selfish stance to be for exclusives.

Hardware should sell because of it's hardware; it should not sell because Manufacturer A paid money so Manufacturer B can't release certain games. It's artificial and unnecessarily limiting, and it's lame.

And believe me when I say there are maybe 2 or 3 exclusives each year I am mildly interested in on other platforms I'd like to play, not enough to make this "about making me happy" lol. I honestly don't really have a dog in this fight.

I'm arguing for the greater good here. I'm very Christ-like in that respect 😉😋😁

LuxuryHeart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 LuxuryHeart

@mrbojangles25 said:
@luxuryheart said:
@mrbojangles25 said:
@luxuryheart said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

Zzz

Would all games on all platforms in some way harm you? Make you unhappy? That's sort of the argument I'm trying to make, and why I don't understand arguing against it, because it's ultimately a selfish stance to be for exclusives.

Hardware should sell because of it's hardware; it should not sell because Manufacturer A paid money so Manufacturer B can't release certain games. It's artificial and unnecessarily limiting, and it's lame.

And believe me when I say there are maybe 2 or 3 exclusives each year I am mildly interested in on other platforms I'd like to play, not enough to make this "about making me happy" lol. I honestly don't really have a dog in this fight.

I'm arguing for the greater good here. I'm very Christ-like in that respect 😉😋😁

I feel like third party exclusives are scummy, but first party exclusives are fine. Microsoft is nice to put some of their games on other platforms, but they aren't required to do so. If Microsoft never puts Halo on the Switch of PS5, then that's their business. Same with Sony and same with Nintendo.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#38 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@TheEroica said:

Internet polls as ownage.... 😂🤣 Monday morning chuckles for everyone!

Of course, cows didn't even support games like rachet and Clank when it came out so maybe not a huge surprise? Think most Sony fans are playing cod anyway.

Yeah, this is clearly just poor trolling as is the OP's usual shtick.

@kvallyx said:

All his threads get closed anyway.

I counted a half dozen this month alone. I think that's enough of that.