ESRB: Dark Souls II receives a Teen rating.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41534 Posts

Link

This is kind of surprising after what the last two games were rated. Description's in the link.

Thoughts?

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Eh, not really that surprising. I just got done beating the first one and I really don't understand why it was rated M in the first place.

jhcho2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By jhcho2
Member since 2004 • 5103 Posts

There was nothing really that explicit about Dark Souls. There was barely any blood or gore. The only sexual thing was Quelaag. Doesn't deserve an M rating

R3FURBISHED

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 R3FURBISHED
Member since 2008 • 12408 Posts

Rating Summary: This is a role-playing game in which players assume the role of an undead fighter in the realm of Drangleic. Players traverse dungeon-like settings and battle a variety of fantastical enemies (e.g., ghouls, zombies, skeletons, giant rats) to gain souls. Players use knives, swords, and arrows to defeat enemies. Combat is highlighted by cries of pain and small splashes of blood. Some locations depict instances of blood and gore: a giant snake boss holding its severed head; a giant boss creature composed of hundreds of corpses; dead ogres near a pool of blood; a torture device with streaks of blood. During the course of the game, a boss creature appears partially topless (e.g. hair barely covering breasts). The words 'bastard' and “pr*ck” can be heard in the dialogue.

Kinda sounds like its because there isn't too much blood in the game and not much launguage

cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

@jhcho2 said:

There was nothing really that explicit about Dark Souls. There was barely any blood or gore. The only sexual thing was Quelaag. Doesn't deserve an M rating

lol, I must have missed that. I was too busy worrying about the spider part. Oddly enough, Queelag was probably the most difficult boss fight for me in the entire game. That damn move where she'd puff up and do that one-shot AOE attack screwed me a good few times, and the framerate tanked so badly when she'd throw out tons of lava that it made the battle such a hassle. I didn't have any problem with Ornstein and Smaug, the Four Kings, Nito, Gwyn, etc etc (all the bosses people bitch about), yet Queelag just kept destroying me. I don't know if it was because she was particularly difficult or if it was simply because I hadn't really gotten down Dark Souls' systems by that time, whereas when I fought O/S, I had leveled up a shit ton, upgraded the hell out of my armor and weapons, and just generally went into boss fights far more prepared (ie using the green stamina plant, equipping the right rings, etc).

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

"Blood and Gore, Partial Nudity and Violence." Teenagers must be thrilled !

bbkkristian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 1

#7 bbkkristian
Member since 2008 • 14971 Posts

Oh it's not rated M, it must be for children.

hippiesanta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By hippiesanta
Member since 2005 • 10301 Posts

@jhcho2 said:

Quelaag are not even naked ... it's just like watching Alanis Morrisette's video "Thank You"

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@bbkkristian said:

Oh it's not rated M, it must be for children.

Fighting cute rabbits and frogs,most likely.

Praisedasun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Praisedasun
Member since 2013 • 504 Posts

In europe it is rated PEGI 16+,as every other souls game so far.So I don't think it will be much different to its predesessors when it comes to stuff like gore,nudity,etc.

I don't know why it got a TEEN rating though.Probably Namco wants do draw younger audiences.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

THEY RUINED THE GAME

k2theswiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points