Enough with the Live cost money garbage, and DLC should be free garbage.

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts

There is not one single person in here that will work for free. People should get paid for their work. That's the way it's always been, and it won't change.

Sure, PSN is free, but they chose to charge devs instead. Which is fine. MS chose to charge $50 a year for Live, and that's fine., Live is the better service, and I have no problem paying MS for their hard work.

It cost money to run a service like Live. Some companies try to make money off of it in vaious ways. Be it ads, charging for clothing, and furniture, etc. The point is, the money has to come from somewhere.

I don't understand why cows believe that everything should be handed to them. Be thankful when you find something that's free, but you shouldn't expect it. All of these threads are just making the cows look cheap. IF you don't like, don't like it. That's your choice. But don't bash others that do. It's a very simple concept. I don't see why most people can't comprehend it.

DarkyC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DarkyC
Member since 2007 • 713 Posts

Problem is M$ still puts adds on XBL and charges the devs.

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 -Traveller-
Member since 2009 • 2477 Posts

I was with you until "I don't understand why cows believe that everything should be handed to them."

I'm sure it's not just Cows that complain about paying for things.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MortalDecay

DarkyC
Where are the ads?
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

There is not one single person in here that will work for free. People should get paid for their work. That's the way it's always been, and it won't change.

Sure, PSN is free, but they chose to charge devs instead. Which is fine. MS chose to charge $50 a year for Live, and that's fine., Live is the better service, and I have no problem paying MS for their hard work.

It cost money to run a service like Live. Some companies try to make money off of it in vaious ways. Be it ads, charging for clothing, and furniture, etc. The point is, the money has to come from somewhere.

I don't understand why cows believe that everything should be handed to them. Be thankful when you find something that's free, but you shouldn't expect it. All of these threads are just making the cows look cheap. IF you don't like, don't like it. That's your choice. But don't bash others that do. It's a very simple concept. I don't see why most people can't comprehend it.

MortalDecay

Really this again? this has been talked about a million times already. If you feel thats its worth the cash fine. I dont think its worth it.

ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts

Wow steam owns live and psn and is you guessed it FREE !!!

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

I was with you until "I don't understand why cows believe that everything should be handed to them."

I know cows aren't the only ones in the world that expect something for free. But I was speaking about all of the anti Live threads that have been popping up lately.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 finalfantasy94

-Traveller-

If I remember right. I think MS tried to charge for PC online gaming somehow and the whole community freaked out. Its not just "cows" that feel the same way.

-Traveller-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 -Traveller-
Member since 2009 • 2477 Posts

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

MortalDecay

I know cows aren't the only ones in the world that expect something for free. But I was speaking about all of the anti Live threads that have been popping up lately.

Fair enough. I agree with your points though, people who work to provide a service, deserve to be paid for said service.

That's why when some people were a little perturbed about the KZ2 maps, I really didn't mind. Half of the time, it's dirt cheap anyways.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

MortalDecay

And the PSN bashing threads are just fine? You gatta understand SW goes through the same cycle over and over again. The psn bashing threads will follow then the live and so on and so on.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#11 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
I never pay for my dlc on the pc, they are alway free... CoD4-5, mass effect, witcher...
Biotic2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Biotic2099
Member since 2009 • 182 Posts
$50 to have a service better then PSN? Priceless :)
MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MortalDecay
[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="-Traveller-"]

And the PSN bashing threads are just fine? You gatta understand SW goes through the same cycle over and over again. The psn bashing threads will follow then the live and so on and so on.

Bashing Live for it's price is stupid. You can choose to ignore it if you don't want to pay it. PSN bashing is different. Like, wanting Sony do offer something different than just copying MS every time they come out with something new.
DaViD_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaViD_99
Member since 2007 • 2496 Posts
I doubt live will ever be free on 360. I wish it is, but it isn't. Same as DLC, it will never be free. With some exceptions... But because it isn't free, there goes my money.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

I say keep the fee! You know what? Let's ask them to raise it!

Ek-Andy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Ek-Andy
Member since 2006 • 1930 Posts

Ok so because of the ONE service that actually charges for online gaming we should be thankful of Sony for not charging for their service, just like the many free services available on PC? Yeah mabye we should, but then what do we have to thank MS for? For gyping us? This might have made sense if it was the case that there was only one service that offered it for free, but the fact is there is only one that charges. I don't think it's worth the money, so I wont buy it. I'm not thankful that something that is free under normal circumstances is actually free. I think I am allowed feel that it's not worth the price when I am being charged for a service that every other company choose to offer for free. The only reason why people accept the charge is because they have no other option if they want to play Xbox Live. Of course Live shouldn't be free simply because of how profitable it is, but that in no way means that I have to like what is being offered to me, or feel that it is not in fact a gyp when really it is.

Don't care about DLC. It's often expensive for what it is, but it's barely worth buying so I never have to worry about it.

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MortalDecay

DarkyC
I believe you're referring to the ads on the Spotlight section, where they advertise new features and content on Live. They're not Burger King ads. :lol:
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Gxgear
Member since 2003 • 10425 Posts

XBL is ripping people off while lemmings will unquestionably defend it to death.

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"] I know cows aren't the only ones in the world that expect something for free. But I was speaking about all of the anti Live threads that have been popping up lately.MortalDecay

Bashing Live for it's price is stupid. You can choose to ignore it if you don't want to pay it. PSN bashing is different. Like, wanting Sony do offer something different than just copying MS every time they come out with something new.

Well people want the features on PSN that live has. So how is it bad when sony gives the PS3 owners what they want? I just dont like paying to play the rest of my game. THats the only thing I have against live charging to play my game online. Like I said if you think its worth it fine,but me and many others dont.

Hexagon_777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hexagon_777
Member since 2007 • 20348 Posts

MortalDecay

Kind of ironic after cows were ridiculed for spending €600 on their PS3s at launch. :o

indian_playa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 indian_playa
Member since 2007 • 2182 Posts

[QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"] I know cows aren't the only ones in the world that expect something for free. But I was speaking about all of the anti Live threads that have been popping up lately.MortalDecay

wait so M$ came up with the idea of Home first?

emorainbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 emorainbo
Member since 2008 • 3067 Posts

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="finalfantasy94"]

indian_playa

wait so M$ came up with the idea of Home first?

Sony didn't come up with the idea for HOME either... but bashing sony for copying popular things from LIVE is just ridiculous. So now offering what the competion offersis bad?

Avatar image for DontBeHatin1983
DontBeHatin1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 DontBeHatin1983
Member since 2008 • 1044 Posts

MortalDecay

fact is live and DLC is a rip off. online play should be free, iam already paying $50 a month for the Internet if people want the extra feat. then u can pay for it. we are being charged for every singel add on and we dont even know if that add on is meant to be in the game from the beging or if they decide at the end to charge for it as DLC. well the DLC prices are ridicules $6 for a car, $3-4 for a singel map etc.. . how would u like if they charged $70 for a game.

Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Gxgear

MortalDecay

Actually it is expected to be free since all of XBL's service are available on the PC for free, and majority of it free on PSN.

ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts

XBL is ripping people off while lemmings will unquestionably defend it to death.

Gxgear

If you only have a 360 MS has you by the balls if you want to game online. Silver has the same features besides some delayed content and is free. So what are you paying for simply gaming online. Now if live had some clear advantage over all online gaming services i might be able to understand but they don't !!

Steam owns live in all area's yet it is free and psn while not as good is also free hell even nintendo's is free. So while it is nice that live is a good service it is not a good service for the money. You can try to justify it all you want but facts are facts ms is making users pay for a service that is free on pc and other consoles and the only reason they are doing it is because they can.

I could see if the dlc was free but they get you there also.

Biotic2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Biotic2099

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]

Gxgear

Actually it is expected to be free since all of XBL's service are available on the PC for free, and majority of it free on PSN.

to be fair PC live is paid by MS because PC gamers didnt want to support it with a fee. Origional Xbox LIVE coupled with online console gaming being non existant helped people get used to payng for a superior console service.
Rza_rectah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Rza_rectah
Member since 2005 • 3959 Posts
[QUOTE="MortalDecay"][QUOTE="DarkyC"]

Where are the ads?

are you really that blind?
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#28 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I don't have a problem with paying to play online, but I do have a problem with the DLC trend in gaming. Any content for any given game should be on the disc right out of the box, not chopping up content for ridiculous amounts of money per every quaint little item.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

LIVE and most DLC should be free. Its called supporting you community.

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts
Don't care about DLC cuz i don't buy this **** but yes live SHOULD BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Avatar image for deactivated-6243ee9902175
deactivated-6243ee9902175

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6243ee9902175
Member since 2007 • 5847 Posts

Enough of this being milked garbage. I pay for my internet cost once through my ISP and I am not paying for it again to a watered down browser. On the topic of DLC I have no problem with it if you release enough to warrant an expansion but otherwise don't bother. Devs are making a habit of cutting material from games and then charging for it as DLC (see RE5 multiplayer and Empire Special Forces pack). If you want me to take you seriously then treat me like a customer and not a cow that can be milked for money.

Biotic2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Biotic2099
Don't care about DLC cuz i don't buy this **** but yes live SHOULD BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESyferonik
LIVE is a exclusive club, only the worthy may be allowed to be members.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]

Biotic2099

to be fair PC live is paid by MS because PC gamers didnt want to support it with a fee. Origional Xbox LIVE coupled with online console gaming being non existant helped people get used to payng for a superior console service.

Because you can't play online PC games without PC Live right? Sarcasm aside all PC games with online multiplayer are free with the exception of MMORPGs, M$ just decided to lift it straight into a console and slap a price tag on it.

XBL is only "superior" in terms of side features, and even people will disagree with you online. PSN offers smoother online gaming with dedicated servers and is essentially lag-free.

Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts

Bashing Live for it's price is stupid. You can choose to ignore it if you don't want to pay it. MortalDecay

No, you actually cannot unless you do not want to play multi player. By what you said we can still play Halo 3, Gears 2, or the (better) Street Fighter 4 on private servers or alternate servers. But wait, there aren't any of those! :o and as such to play online we are, in fact, force to play $50 a year.

Biotic2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Biotic2099

[QUOTE="Biotic2099"][QUOTE="Gxgear"]

Gxgear

PSN offers smoother online gaming with dedicated servers and is essentially lag-free.

u really believe that Sony PR BS?
Biotic2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Biotic2099

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]

Bashing Live for it's price is stupid. You can choose to ignore it if you don't want to pay it. Nerkcon

No, you actually cannot unless you do not want to play multi player. By what you said we can still play Halo 3, Gears 2, or the (better) Street Fighter 4 on private servers or alternate servers. But wait, there aren't any of those! :o and as such to play online we are, in fact, force to play $50 a year.

so? you get a better service then PSN.................and thats priceless :)
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 finalfantasy94

[QUOTE="Syferonik"]Don't care about DLC cuz i don't buy this **** but yes live SHOULD BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBiotic2099

What? Man you are starting to sound familier. Anywho there is no "worthy" its whoever want to pay to play thier 360 games online.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#38 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Live and DLC should be free. There I said it.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Gxgear"]

[QUOTE="Biotic2099"] to be fair PC live is paid by MS because PC gamers didnt want to support it with a fee. Origional Xbox LIVE coupled with online console gaming being non existant helped people get used to payng for a superior console service. Biotic2099

PSN offers smoother online gaming with dedicated servers and is essentially lag-free.

u really believe that Sony PR BS?

No I know for a fact that dedicated servers > P2P, and also from experience. Sorry to say this but the "BS" isn't coming from Sony.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#40 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts
[QUOTE="Nerkcon"]

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]

Bashing Live for it's price is stupid. You can choose to ignore it if you don't want to pay it.

This is probably why M$ doesn't want to release halo3 and geow2 on the pc lol. I remember a report (google gave me nothing) that once halo was released on the pc and the mp was judged better (dedicated server), m$ saw a decrease in their number of gold member.
Biotic2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Biotic2099

[QUOTE="Biotic2099"][QUOTE="Syferonik"]Don't care about DLC cuz i don't buy this **** but yes live SHOULD BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEfinalfantasy94

What? Man you are starting to sound familier. Anywho there is no "worthy" its whoever want to pay to play thier 360 games online.

maybe ur right. Id figure in the real world we live under a caste system, why not extend that caste system to gaming?
Nerkcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Nerkcon
Member since 2006 • 4707 Posts
[QUOTE="Nerkcon"]

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]

Bashing Live for it's price is stupid. You can choose to ignore it if you don't want to pay it. Biotic2099

so? you get a better service then PSN.................and thats priceless :)

I can't really comment since I have little experience in both. But from what I know PSN has better exclusive downloadable games, is generally faster, able to share games, and has a own little mini MMO. Live has a neater Interface and the one chat ability PSN doesn't which is cross game chat. Prove me wrong.
Gxgear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Gxgear

[QUOTE="Nerkcon"]

[QUOTE="MortalDecay"]

Bashing Live for it's price is stupid. You can choose to ignore it if you don't want to pay it. Franko_3

This is probably why M$ doesn't want to release halo3 and geow2 on the pc lol. I remember a report (google gave me nothing) that once halo was released on the pc and the mp was judged better (dedicated server), m$ saw a decrease in their number of gold member.

If M$ offered Halo 3 and Gears 2 on the PC there wouldn't be a reason to buy a 360 period, and ponying up 50 bucks annually. Multiplats like COD4 have shown us that PC kicks the crap out of console when it comes to genres like FPS.

Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts
[QUOTE="Syferonik"]Don't care about DLC cuz i don't buy this **** but yes live SHOULD BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEBiotic2099

Rofl The things you guys make up to defend that fee...
MetalCore84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MetalCore84
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

Is $50 dollars a year really that bad? Its like paying for a single video game. Obviously Microsoft is going to try to make profit-Its Microsoft. If all your friends play on live-good play on live. If they all are on PSN-play on PSN. Who really care's? I personally wish there was only one console so all the console fan-boyism would almost ceast to exist (there would probable still be ones bias against PC).

SimoSays2541

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 SimoSays2541
Member since 2006 • 679 Posts

Is $50 dollars a year really that bad? Its like paying for a single video game. Obviously Microsoft is going to try to make profit-Its Microsoft. If all your friends play on live-good play on live. If they all are on PSN-play on PSN. Who really care's? I personally wish there was only one console so all the console fan-boyism would almost ceast to exist (there would probable still be ones bias against PC).

MetalCore84

Aye, that would be great but a console monopoly like that would mean a company could charge $100 to play online. Without competition, this would be much harder to address, and I bet there would be people out there who would pay too. That's the main reason I'm so anti live now, if microsoft gets away with this, will more companies follow suite, or even hike the price up if people are willing to pay?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#48 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts

MetalCore84

Having choice is good. Competition is a good thing among companies, it means they'll put more effort into reaching out to customers. Sure it ends up with people debating stupidly over things such as this. But hey, I like choice and if it means a pointless debate, then I'm all in for it.

MetalCore84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 MetalCore84
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

Damn, never thought of monopolies and what not. Oh well..

poptart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 poptart
Member since 2003 • 7298 Posts

[QUOTE="Biotic2099"][QUOTE="Syferonik"]Don't care about DLC cuz i don't buy this **** but yes live SHOULD BE FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESimoSays2541

You mean the tards who feel like paying for a service PC user get for free cause they spoke up? Some worthy members you are. As a 360 owner (and former live subscriber) for two years, a ps3 owner, and a gaming pc owner, I must say, paying for live is a joke. PC gets it for free, and the live service is NO better than PSN, infact, I've experienced less lag on PSN. And yes, there is advertising on live. Sometimes it's new features being advertised, sometimes it's not, so cut the "LOL LIVE IS BETTER NO ADS" crap.

You guys choose to pay for your online, that's your problem, but don't justify it with the whole VIP online console gaming BS. I've experienced live first hand, and there's no doubt in my mind the only reason microsoft charges for live is so microsoft could make a quick buck of its legions of fanboys like Biotic2099. What's even better is that microsofts sells a router so you can connect to live for $100, while sony does it for free. Hmmmm.....

Of course MS is charging to make a quick buck as you point out, however if my memory serves me well, isn't their gaming division making a loss as a stand alone business unit? I'd assume it'll need to recoup its funds somewhere. Sony choose not to and place the impetus on the developers to fund, create and support online functionality for games, however if I recall their loses are far greater.