Elite Dangerous PS4, any tips for a first timer?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 RedentSC
Member since 2013 • 1243 Posts

Having waited since 2012 I think to play this game, I'll be up at midnight to get a good start to this game. Knowing basically what the game is, and the exploration aspects if it, it would make sense to be some of the first boots on the ground, however that's about as far as my understanding goes.

So, anyone else hyped for this game (even though its old news really) and any basic tips or pointers from any veteran players from PC or Xbox??

Cheers :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

I suggest going to the Elite Dangerous subreddit for these kinda questions... this forum is just for slinging poop at eachother.

If it aint a PS4 exclusive 10 hour game with great graphics , nobody cares here.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RedentSC

@MBirdy88: fair does. I shall shimmy my way over there :)

borninblood60

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 borninblood60
Member since 2017 • 262 Posts

I've been waiting so long for this game. Try watchind some youtube guides on this.

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

As a fan of the series since Frontier Elite 2, i'll get it tomorrow. I'm just not sure if i pick the normal version of the one with Horizons DLC. I love the idea of landing on planets, but is it worth the extra 25 euros?

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Mare sure you understand the tutorials well

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

Get a flight stick (can you get one on PS4?). Play through all the tutorials and don't be put off by the learning curve. Horizons adds tons of stuff, worth it IMO.

Above all, play it in VR if you can.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RedentSC

All good tips thanks!

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

shoot everything that moves!

mirgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By mirgamer
Member since 2003 • 2489 Posts

You can try the forums but you will encounter some really toxic and extremely vocal bittervets.

What I find strange is that most of these bittervets usually had spent hundreds of hours with the game...so that should tell you something.

RedentSC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RedentSC

@pelvist:ha thanks. I play the second job game that is EVE so learning curves are a plus to me rather than a negative, makes the inevitable grind more interesting. I got Horizons too so i'm hoping it will add a fair bit. I've heard a few people say one you scratch the surface it doesn't go very deep. Which I shouldn't be surprised at but its a little concerning.

@mirgamer: Yeah I kind of expect that. but I know the people in here to be brutal in their assessment. Everything with a pinch of salt in system wars

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Here's the traders bible: http://i.imgur.com/QsxScn1.png

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

As much as I would love to help you with this one (since I love Elite), System Wars isn't for this kind of question or individual game discussion. Feel free to reask your question on either the PlaystationNation Fourm or the Games Discussions Fourm here on Gamespot.

That said Gamespot's community is much more about general game discussion of all platforms. I personally believe you'll have a bit better luck with your Elite Dangerous specific question on the Elite Dangerous Subreddit on Reddit. I myself am a subscriber to that subreddit and I find it very useful.

I'm locking this thread because it falls outside of the topic of discussion for System Wars.

Also if you want more help feel free to PM me. I'll be happy to answer your questions.