Eidos: No PS3 support until late 2008!!!!!!

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JayPee89
Member since 2005 • 3488 Posts

When will it end?

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/777/777118p1.html

Acemaster27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Acemaster27
Member since 2004 • 4482 Posts
Lolz
fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 fierro316
Member since 2003 • 1727 Posts
lol Eidos, just look at the garbage they develop.
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JayPee89
lol Eidos, just look at the garbage they develop.fierro316
Hitman? Tomb Raider? Kane & Lynch?
Sexy_FFVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sexy_FFVII
Member since 2006 • 903 Posts
Eidos is still alive?
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Dualshockin
Member since 2006 • 7826 Posts
"As we do not believe that the installed base will be high enough until the second half of our 2008 financial year, most of our major product releases on the PlayStation 3 platform are not scheduled before that date." What major products :lol: ?
DXGreat1_HGL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 DXGreat1_HGL
Member since 2003 • 7543 Posts

Yes that Deus Ex, GOTY, put on the PS2 and was too good for the system. What total garbage. (/sarcasm)

You = OWNED

Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="fierro316"]lol Eidos, just look at the garbage they develop.JayPee89

Are you saying the last Tomb Raider games have been great games lol ?
fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 fierro316

[QUOTE="fierro316"]lol Eidos, just look at the garbage they develop.DXGreat1_HGL

Yes that Deus Ex, GOTY, put on the PS2 and was too good for the system. What total garbage. (/sarcasm)

You = OWNED

Wow that was dumb. Welcome to 2007, Eidos sucks now...

coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
Two paragraphs I would like to showcase: Looking forward, SCi CEO Jane Cavanagh remarked, "As we do not believe that the installed base will be high enough until the second half of our 2008 financial year, most of our major product releases on the PlayStation 3 platform are not scheduled before that date." Does this mean that developers are waiting at the edge of PS3 territory waiting for one to "jump first"? Without an installed base, no one is going to release a game on it. No one is going to buy a PS3 without the good games. And around it goes. Instead of focusing its attentions on PS3 development, SCi announced its plans to release the first games from its new casual games division throughout the second half of this fiscal year. Additionally, the company confirmed the development of sequels to Just Cause and Battlestations: Midway. Casual games on the PS3? "Sony has lost all respect for its hardcore gamers :cry:". I really want to pick this apart: 1. They are obviously trying to tap into this casual market which someone else has already seemed to penetrate. 2. Why don't they just focus on the good games and get them out?!
fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fierro316

[QUOTE="fierro316"]lol Eidos, just look at the garbage they develop.Mkavanaugh77

Yea and im sure you could do better :lol:

Awesome comment, we should say the same thing to game reviewers when they flop games :roll:

Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
[QUOTE="JayPee89"][QUOTE="fierro316"]lol Eidos, just look at the garbage they develop.Dualshockin

No, but Tomb Raider Legend was a very good game (not quite great) and sold quite well. Though not as major as if it were, say, EA or Activision, this is not something to just be ignored. And, to join the growing chorus, Kane & Lynch looks awesome.
Comduter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#15 Comduter
Member since 2004 • 2316 Posts

[QUOTE="fierro316"]lol Eidos, just look at the garbage they develop.DXGreat1_HGL

You = OWNED

That's just one game out of the loads of other Edios games that suck.
tegovoltio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tegovoltio
Member since 2004 • 9280 Posts
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

[QUOTE="fierro316"]lol Eidos, just look at the garbage they develop.fierro316

You = OWNED

Avatar image for deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
Member since 2004 • 2626 Posts
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

You = OWNED

Kane and Lynch FTW!
Avatar image for PaintballinDude
PaintballinDude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PaintballinDude
Member since 2004 • 1092 Posts
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

You = OWNED

They sucked ever sense the last LOK. Bu bu bu butt 360 will get The lame gecko game now! oh noewS!
XYZVector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 XYZVector
Member since 2006 • 753 Posts
Can't say I would cry if the 360 lost eidos support, becuse there games suck, but man it just shows that the sony line has finally "jumped the shark".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
[QUOTE="fierro316"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

[QUOTE="fierro316"]lol Eidos, just look at the garbage they develop.PaintballinDude

You = OWNED

They sucked ever sense the last LOK. Bu bu bu butt 360 will get The lame gecko game now! oh noewS!

Hitman owns your babies.
InfamousC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 InfamousC
Member since 2006 • 2389 Posts

:lol: can't wait for those games. :roll: eidos aint what it used to be.

Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Me_Ur_Daddy_
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
let me run out and go tell the casuals eidos is jumping ship till late 2008.
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JayPee89
[QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

You = OWNED

Hitman: Blood Money, and Tomb Raider: Legend disagree. I'm sure Kane & Lynch will too.
fierro316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 fierro316
[QUOTE="PaintballinDude"][QUOTE="fierro316"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

[QUOTE="fierro316"]lol Eidos, just look at the garbage they develop.duncanvk

You = OWNED

Hitman owns your babies.

Dude, even if they started developing a Hitman game for the PS3 right now the game would take at least 2 years to make.

I overreacted a bit by saying that Eidos games are garbage but the TC make it sound like Sony lost Konami and Capcom.

taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 taker42
Member since 2007 • 1614 Posts
Stop damage controlling. Nobody knows whether their games will still be good or not. Heck maybe their next game is a big hit for all you know. What type of gamer are you if you actually are happy that less games are coming for your system?
JayPee89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JayPee89
[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="PaintballinDude"][QUOTE="fierro316"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

You = OWNED

Hitman owns your babies.

Dude, even if they started developing a Hitman game for the PS3 right now the game would take at least 2 years to make.

I overreacted a bit by saying that Eidos games are garbage but the TC make it look like Sony lost Konami and Capcom.

How?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="PaintballinDude"][QUOTE="fierro316"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

You = OWNED

Hitman owns your babies.

I overreacted a bit by saying that Eidos games are garbage but the TC make it look like Sony lost Konami and Capcom.

Thanks for clearing up the misunderstanding, I have always been a fan of Hitman games and am hyping Kane and Lynch. Your comments hurt my heart. :cry:
laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts
Two paragraphs I would like to showcase: Looking forward, SCi CEO Jane Cavanagh remarked, "As we do not believe that the installed base will be high enough until the second half of our 2008 financial year, most of our major product releases on the PlayStation 3 platform are not scheduled before that date." Does this mean that developers are waiting at the edge of PS3 territory waiting for one to "jump first"? Without an installed base, no one is going to release a game on it. No one is going to buy a PS3 without the good games. And around it goes. Instead of focusing its attentions on PS3 development, SCi announced its plans to release the first games from its new casual games division throughout the second half of this fiscal year. Additionally, the company confirmed the development of sequels to Just Cause and Battlestations: Midway. Casual games on the PS3? "Sony has lost all respect for its hardcore gamers :cry:". I really want to pick this apart: 1. They are obviously trying to tap into this casual market which someone else has already seemed to penetrate. 2. Why don't they just focus on the good games and get them out?!coreygames
They want to release their games when there is a higher demand for a system. Which would you buy when you first buy a system that has been out for a while, the hotest new good game, or a game that's hype has died down because its been out for a while?
coreygames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 coreygames
Member since 2005 • 5027 Posts
[QUOTE="coreygames"]Two paragraphs I would like to showcase: Looking forward, SCi CEO Jane Cavanagh remarked, "As we do not believe that the installed base will be high enough until the second half of our 2008 financial year, most of our major product releases on the PlayStation 3 platform are not scheduled before that date." Does this mean that developers are waiting at the edge of PS3 territory waiting for one to "jump first"? Without an installed base, no one is going to release a game on it. No one is going to buy a PS3 without the good games. And around it goes. Instead of focusing its attentions on PS3 development, SCi announced its plans to release the first games from its new casual games division throughout the second half of this fiscal year. Additionally, the company confirmed the development of sequels to Just Cause and Battlestations: Midway. Casual games on the PS3? "Sony has lost all respect for its hardcore gamers :cry:". I really want to pick this apart: 1. They are obviously trying to tap into this casual market which someone else has already seemed to penetrate. 2. Why don't they just focus on the good games and get them out?!laughingman42
They want to release their games when there is a higher demand for a system. Which would you buy when you first buy a system that has been out for a while, the hotest new good game, or a game that's hype has died down because its been out for a while?

How about a console that has games for it at all! The PS3 is truely lacking in games, and if the devs. are just going to stand on the edge of the diving board instead of jumping in, it is going to have very really problems.
Me_Ur_Daddy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Me_Ur_Daddy_
Member since 2007 • 441 Posts
[QUOTE="fierro316"][QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="PaintballinDude"][QUOTE="fierro316"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

You = OWNED

Hitman owns your babies.

I overreacted a bit by saying that Eidos games are garbage but the TC make it look like Sony lost Konami and Capcom.

How?

by making a big deal about it. what big hitter games are they coming out with before the second half of 08 ? its not like they are an exclusve dev now and their games arent big hitters like capcom or namco or konami games. they are a regional dev company and they are thinking about their financial situation very seriously.
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="Dualshockin"][QUOTE="JayPee89"][QUOTE="fierro316"]lol Eidos, just look at the garbage they develop.Hoffgod

No, but Tomb Raider Legend was a very good game (not quite great) and sold quite well. Though not as major as if it were, say, EA or Activision, this is not something to just be ignored. And, to join the growing chorus, Kane & Lynch looks awesome.

Not really,the game wasnt anything spectacular,Eidos havent made an excellent game in quite some time. How many units did Tomb Raider:Legend sell?
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Dualshockin
[QUOTE="fierro316"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

[QUOTE="fierro316"]lol Eidos, just look at the garbage they develop.duncanvk

You = OWNED

Kane and Lynch FTW!

Does K&L even have a release date?lol,where are the previews for this game?
Dualshockin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dualshockin
The more games th betta, something the PS3 is lackinMkavanaugh77
I wonder,with the Ps3 selling more than the 360 was this time last year,how that will affect developers decision after 1 year?
taker42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 taker42
Member since 2007 • 1614 Posts
[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]The more games th betta, something the PS3 is lackinDualshockin
I wonder,with the Ps3 selling more than the 360 was this time last year,how that will affect developers decision after 1 year?

Don't know. But when Eidos start to make games for PS3 again, I bet cows would be "Eidos is great" :roll:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-5a07ca3443cc2
[QUOTE="duncanvk"][QUOTE="fierro316"][QUOTE="DXGreat1_HGL"]

[QUOTE="fierro316"]lol Eidos, just look at the garbage they develop.Dualshockin

You = OWNED

Kane and Lynch FTW!

Does K&L even have a release date?lol,where are the previews for this game?

I dunno but I'm excited haha
-Reggaeton-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 -Reggaeton-
Member since 2007 • 2392 Posts

Hitman died after hitman2, Tomb Raider?:lol::cry::lol:  kane & Lynch never even heard of that.

Alleluia_Cone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Alleluia_Cone
Member since 2007 • 57 Posts
Damn, we're not getting Tomb Raider XVIII?
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#42 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts
the only eidios games i liked were the hitmen series but i thought blood money sucked
rybe1025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rybe1025
Member since 2004 • 6362 Posts
Why do the cows care about it anyways. Isn't the PS3 all about movies and blue-ray? Anyway someone will try and spin this does not matter cause this is bad for Sony. Capcom releasing DMC multi-plate now and not same for Dead rising and Lost Planet also. Developers more and more seem worried to put games on PS3. Eidios and Capcom are not small developers. Also more this happens the more it is going to happen cause other will get worried.
imprezawrx500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 imprezawrx500
Member since 2004 • 19187 Posts

and who cares? they will be on pc
Rage010101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Rage010101
Member since 2006 • 5470 Posts
whens the last time eidos even make a half decent game?  i dont think anyone would even care if eidos didnt support ANY system entirely..
Iyethar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Iyethar
Member since 2006 • 4660 Posts

[QUOTE="Mkavanaugh77"]The more games th betta, something the PS3 is lackinDualshockin

There will also be another year of Xbox 360 sales.  We need some months of sales figures from EU to see how PS3 sales there affect the global picture, but if the underlying demand for PS3 is at all similar to that in NA/JP, it does not seem likely that the PS3 will gain significant ground on the 360 this year.  It is quite likely that it will fall further behind. 

ChiChiMonKilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ChiChiMonKilla
Member since 2007 • 2339 Posts
Edios is still making games I thought they went out of biz along with their trashy games
Strakha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Strakha
Member since 2003 • 1824 Posts

Even if Edios was a terrible developer and they are not, having less developer support is never a good thing.

Amnesiacx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Amnesiacx
Member since 2004 • 1329 Posts

Hitman - Mediocre to good at best. Tomb Raider - :lol: hasn't had a good game since the PS1. Kane & Lynch - wait what?

-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#50 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts
Eidos has only created 2 AAA games and that was back in the late 90's early 2000's with Thief: The Dark Project and Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver. But they have made other great games and their support would be nice to have on the PS3 this year but really isnt needed plus it is prob better for the company.