EGM's Hilarious Anti-PS3 Magazine Cover! (Picture Inside)

• 112 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

SPHYNXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SPHYNXA
Member since 2003 • 2944 Posts

This is going to be big news.  Comments?
Avatar image for TekkenMaster606
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 TekkenMaster606
Member since 2006 • 10980 Posts
1UP. *shakes head* Eh, it's a magazine cover, and maybe the story is in depth. Why would a video game publication be Anti-(Platform). Mags like EGM want ALL gamers to buy their product.

Kahuna_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Kahuna_1
Member since 2006 • 7948 Posts
....ugh um....:x
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts
its been done so many times its lost all humour
beinss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 beinss
Member since 2004 • 1838 Posts
lol thats funny
John_Cornman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 John_Cornman
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts
sony is under attack by microsoft counter marketing...
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Hoffgod
Member since 2006 • 12229 Posts
:lol: Nice job using a setup like the PS3 commercials.
111v

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8 111v
Member since 2005 • 1007 Posts
1UP. *shakes head* Eh, it's a magazine cover, and maybe the story is in depth. Why would a video game publication be Anti-(Platform). Mags like EGM want ALL gamers to buy their product.

TekkenMaster606
true they probably lost alot of buyers.
Tylendal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 Tylendal
Member since 2006 • 14681 Posts
lol thats funnybeinss
I like the parody of the PS3 commercials. (The white room that the PS3 is in)
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#10 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts

WOW.

When it gets so bad that an independent mag makes a cover story calling the system a flop.....

WOW.  Even I didn't expect backlash like that.

What's the street date for this thing?

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TekkenMaster606
[QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]1UP. *shakes head* Eh, it's a magazine cover, and maybe the story is in depth. Why would a video game publication be Anti-(Platform). Mags like EGM want ALL gamers to buy their product.

111v

And advertising revenue.
-Pale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 -Pale
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts

WOW.

When it gets so bad that an independent mag makes a cover story calling the system a flop.....

WOW. Even I didn't expect backlash like that.

jvonrader
Where do they call the Ps3 a flop? Am I missing something?
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts
Looks pretty fake to me.
DrkLrdofSth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DrkLrdofSth
Member since 2006 • 334 Posts
[QUOTE="111v"][QUOTE="TekkenMaster606"]1UP. *shakes head* Eh, it's a magazine cover, and maybe the story is in depth. Why would a video game publication be Anti-(Platform). Mags like EGM want ALL gamers to buy their product.

TekkenMaster606

And advertising revenue.

How so they are just stating a fact that the PS3 is under attack and why.
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jvonrader
[QUOTE="jvonrader"]

WOW.

-Pale

Oh, c'mon.... you find this a glowing indication of their opinion for the console, do you?
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jvonrader
I'll say this - the contents of that cover story article are going to be SW fodder for months....
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
It's the same when ESPN goes all "anti-TO" or "anti-Todd Bertussi." People in those towns don't all of a sudden stop watching, Sony fans will still get EGM.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Spartan070
Looks pretty fake to me.ZIMdoom
It isn't.
Gears360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Gears360
Member since 2007 • 1356 Posts
reminded me of this cover....
for some sheeps with bad memory around here, this was N64 status on 1997

TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TekkenMaster606
Now that I think about it. This story is probably more PRO Playstation 3 than anything. I bet EGM brings up a lot of the issues at hand and then uses some actual common sense and logic reasoning discuss what's really going on.

-Pale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 -Pale
Member since 2006 • 1850 Posts
[QUOTE="-Pale"][QUOTE="jvonrader"]

WOW.

jvonrader

Oh, c'mon.... you find this a glowing indication of their opinion for the console, do you?

So. The PS3 is under attack = flop. Sure, if you say so.
flclisfun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 flclisfun
Member since 2007 • 583 Posts
I've been getting EGM for about 5 years now, they used to be huge cows and would constantly bash the 360. They started losing their cowishness when Sony announced the PS3s price.
SPHYNXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SPHYNXA
Their interview in this issue with Jack Tretton is rediculous! Here are some of his quotes: (His reponse to the questions about where all of this bad press is coming from) "The problem we have... it's society in general. We've been the undisputed winner for over a decade now, and people keep waiting for us to slip up, and we havn't, so people try to create stories that aren't there". (His response to the statement that most early-adopters lined up for the PS3 just to sell it on eBay, and that now that the eBay deman is lower, more consoles are left to sitting on shelves) "If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1,200 bucks for it. I can get any retail buyer on the phone with you and get them to varify that there's not a single retail location in America where there's a Playstation 3 on the shelf for sale". This interview is great, those were only the first two questions.
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#24 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts
I see nothing wrong with the cover.
DrkLrdofSth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DrkLrdofSth
[QUOTE="SPHYNXA"]Their interview in this issue with Jack Tretton is rediculous! Here are some of his quotes: (His reponse to the questions about where all of this bad press is coming from) "The problem we have... it's society in general. We've been the undisputed winner for over a decade now, and people keep waiting for us to slip up, and we havn't, so people try to create stories that aren't there". (His response to the statement that most early-adopters lined up for the PS3 just to sell it on eBay, and that now that the eBay deman is lower, more consoles are left to sitting on shelves) "If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1,200 bucks for it. I can get any retail buyer on the phone with you and get them to varify that there's not a single retail location in America where there's a Playstation 3 on the shelf for sale". This interview is great, those were only the first two questions.

Well looks like he might be owing me alot of money because PS3= not hard to find
SPHYNXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 SPHYNXA
[QUOTE="SPHYNXA"]Their interview in this issue with Jack Tretton is rediculous! Here are some of his quotes: (His reponse to the questions about where all of this bad press is coming from) "The problem we have... it's society in general. We've been the undisputed winner for over a decade now, and people keep waiting for us to slip up, and we havn't, so people try to create stories that aren't there". (His response to the statement that most early-adopters lined up for the PS3 just to sell it on eBay, and that now that the eBay deman is lower, more consoles are left to sitting on shelves) "If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1,200 bucks for it. I can get any retail buyer on the phone with you and get them to varify that there's not a single retail location in America where there's a Playstation 3 on the shelf for sale". This interview is great, those were only the first two questions.

By the way, to which EGM follows with "But we called 18 random retailers, including Best Buy and EB Games, and half of them had PS3's in stock... some had as many as 20 in store. So you can buy them now if you wanted".
Metrovania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#28 Metrovania
Member since 2003 • 2540 Posts
It's not anti PS3... it's just a statement of genuine concern... the PS3 had a shocking launch and is doing far worse than anyone predicted... It is under attack... what's the problem?
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jvonrader
It's the same when ESPN goes all "anti-TO" or "anti-Todd Bertussi." People in those towns don't all of a sudden stop watching, Sony fans will still get EGM.Spartan070
Bad example. People are still kinda anti-TO. I live in Dallas, I should know. The guy's a cancer to any team he's on.
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts

WOW.

jvonrader
Yup, I just MUST buy it :lol:
Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts
I used to really like EGM, everybody says it sucks now. I don't know about that since when I got the internet I stopped buying mags.

But they used to import it to Europe on the 16/32-bit era, and it was one of my favorite mags, and it was probably the thickest game mag around during the 16-bit times, and had a lot of great gaming coverage, covering many import titles.
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jvonrader

The guy blames "society in general" :lol: That's the funniest thing since "giant crab"
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Spartan070
[QUOTE="Spartan070"]It's the same when ESPN goes all "anti-TO" or "anti-Todd Bertussi." People in those towns don't all of a sudden stop watching, Sony fans will still get EGM.jvonrader
Bad example. People are still kinda anti-TO. I live in Dallas, I should know. The guy's a cancer to any team he's on.

I used to live in Philly, I know what you mean.
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jvonrader
[QUOTE="jvonrader"][QUOTE="-Pale"][QUOTE="jvonrader"]

WOW.

-Pale

So. The PS3 is under attack = flop. Sure, if you say so.

I've been getting EGM for about 5 years now, they used to be huge cows and would constantly bash the 360. They started losing their cowishness when Sony announced the PS3s price.flclisfun
Funny... I never thought they were cow-ish. Xbox stuff was pretty good. I always thought they were a little easy on Ninty, though.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hoffgod
"If you can find a PS3 anywhere in North America that's been on shelves for more than five minutes, I'll give you 1,200 bucks for it".SPHYNXA
Oh dammit all! I shoulda taken Jack with me to Target yesterday. I woulda made an easy $2,400!
SPHYNXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SPHYNXA
From the interview: EGM: "You told everyone, 'We offer everything that Xbox Live does... the big differentiating factor is that we're not charging you'. OK, where to begin..."

This is funny material.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
lol that's awesome.
Dreams-Visions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dreams-Visions
Member since 2006 • 26578 Posts
[QUOTE="SPHYNXA"]From the interview: EGM: You told everyone, "We offer everything that Xbox Live does... the big differentiating factor is that we're not charging you". OK, where to begin..." This is funny material.

:shock: have they still not learned to tell the truth?
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 jvonrader

[QUOTE="jvonrader"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]It's the same when ESPN goes all "anti-TO" or "anti-Todd Bertussi." People in those towns don't all of a sudden stop watching, Sony fans will still get EGM.Spartan070

Heh - at least you guys didn't have to deal with that "suicide attempt? did he, or didn't he?" fiasco...Jesus Christ.

DrkLrdofSth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 DrkLrdofSth
Some post the entire interview on here
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
i dont see why everyone doesn't get this. It has nothing to do with them making fun of it, its an illustration of the others attacking it by throwing tomatoes. Whatever floats your boat though.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Spartan070

[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="jvonrader"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]It's the same when ESPN goes all "anti-TO" or "anti-Todd Bertussi." People in those towns don't all of a sudden stop watching, Sony fans will still get EGM.jvonrader

Heh - at least you guys didn't have to deal with that "suicide attempt? did he, or didn't he?" fiasco...Jesus Christ.

No but when he called McNabb out for tiring in the Super Bowl it was huge....plus the famous "Next Question" interview......*shivers*
LosDaddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 57

#43 LosDaddie
Member since 2006 • 10318 Posts

i dont see why everyone doesn't get this. It has nothing to do with them making fun of it, its an illustration of the others attacking it by throwing tomatoes. Whatever floats your boat though.Imallvol7

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with the cover either.

Cows are over-reacting to this.

jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jvonrader
[QUOTE="jvonrader"]

[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="jvonrader"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]It's the same when ESPN goes all "anti-TO" or "anti-Todd Bertussi." People in those towns don't all of a sudden stop watching, Sony fans will still get EGM.Spartan070

No but when he called McNabb out for tiring in the Super Bowl it was huge....plus the famous "Next Question" interview......*shivers*

Yeah - the Super Bowl thing was uncalled for. McNabb was bleeding, for Christ's sakes. Still a Philly fan? You guys are in for a QB controversy - put McNabb back, stick with Garcia.....
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TekkenMaster606

[QUOTE="Imallvol7"]i dont see why everyone doesn't get this. It has nothing to do with them making fun of it, its an illustration of the others attacking it by throwing tomatoes. Whatever floats your boat though.LosDaddie

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with the cover either.

Cows are over-reacting to this.

No, we just over react the second the information passes through our retinas. Bad news sucks for anyone.

Of course, the fans that can use logic and common sense will finally realize this is nothing but a news story meant to sell more magazines.
Zero-G_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Zero-G_basic
Member since 2002 • 1879 Posts
[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="jvonrader"]

[QUOTE="Spartan070"][QUOTE="jvonrader"][QUOTE="Spartan070"]It's the same when ESPN goes all "anti-TO" or "anti-Todd Bertussi." People in those towns don't all of a sudden stop watching, Sony fans will still get EGM.jvonrader

Yeah - the Super Bowl thing was uncalled for. McNabb was bleeding, for Christ's sakes. Still a Philly fan? You guys are in for a QB controversy - put McNabb back, stick with Garcia.....

Sony's first mistake was letting MS launch first. Second they under-estimated the Wii-Effect.
GrlGmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 GrlGmr
Member since 2003 • 4179 Posts
I have an EGM subscription (go ebay and cut rate subscription auctions!) but I haven't gotten this particular issue yet. I did get CGW (I refuse to clal it 'Games for Windows Magazine') yesterday, so EGM should be coming pretty soon. I might make some scans once I have it.
Hoffgod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Hoffgod
I have an EGM subscription (go ebay and cut rate subscription auctions!) but I haven't gotten this particular issue yet. I did get CGW (I refuse to clal it 'Games for Windows Magazine') yesterday, so EGM should be coming pretty soon. I might make some scans once I have it.GrlGmr
I'll one up you. I got a free subscription I found online. Only problem is I'm always the last one to get the magazine.
TekkenMaster606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TekkenMaster606
Games for Windows Magazine? Wow. I've been a PC Gamer subscriber since the peak of the Imagination Network. (And if you don't know what that is, get on Wikipedia RIGHT NOW!).

It was great in the 90s when downloading demos wasn't very practical.
SPHYNXA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 SPHYNXA
From the Interview: Jack Tretton on justifying the $600 price-tag: "I understand your point about, OK, the potential is there, but what's there day one? I would say that the PS3 has the best gaming experience of any platform that's ever shipped day one. You're getting [continues to list all of the features that the PS3 boasts]". EGM: Out of all the things you just listed, only Blu-ray and free online are your real advantages. You can do all those other things on the Xbox 360... for $200 less". Tretton: Good point, but let me give you one differentiating factor: the Playstation brand". Jack tretton admits it. When it comes to "gaming experience", the only leg-up that Sony has over the 360 is Blu-ray and free online, two things that have no effect on your actual gaming experience. He then confirms that the high price is actually for the brand name! This is rediculous. (and the football discussion belongs in the Sports forum, not here..."