EGM rumours Fable2 09 Bungie multiplat

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DarkyC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 DarkyC
Member since 2007 • 713 Posts

This month in EGM:

Rumor Mill:

- Banjo Kazooie and Tooie for XBLA will incorporate Stop N' Swap
- Konami bringing back a retro ****c in 2D. Not Bucky O' Hare or Biker Mice From Mars.
- More Star Wars characters will come to SCIV as DLC
- LocoRoco 2 and Patapon 2. Q Entertainment making adventure game that is not a sequel to NNN.
- Halo Wars, Fable 2, and Call of Duty: World at War will not make it out in 2008
- Namco bringing back Dead to Rights
- Bungie making multiplatform and PS3 games

Reviews:

SoulCalibur IV - A, B+, B+
Good: Extreme fun and value
Bad: Darth Vader is pretty lame

Madden NFL 09 - A, B, A-
Good: Shockingly pretty
Bad: The play-by-play coach needs some coaching

NCAA Football 09 - A-
Good: Online Dynasty
Bad: Where are the weapons?

Beijing 2008 - B
Good: Gorgeous character models, lots of variety
Bad: The kayak-oh dear God the kayak

Alone in the Dark - B-, D+, C-
Good: Neat episodic DVD structure
Bad: Both endings are unsatisfying

Izuna 2 - B-
Good: Devious gameplay, witty script
Bad: Dated visuals, unforgiving difficulty level

Guitar Hero: On Tour - B-
Good: Small scale guitar hero mechanics work well
Bad: Hit and miss track list

Next month: Too Human review.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ToScA-
Member since 2006 • 5782 Posts

"Fable 2 is finished" - Peter Molyneux.

:|

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts

ToScA-

Yeah, I'm pretty sure they're making up rumours to sell copies. Also, that would mean Bungie has at least 3 games in development, because Microsoft pulled the plug at E3. :?

DarkyC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DarkyC
Member since 2007 • 713 Posts

ToScA-

It's not like Molineux has a good track record at these kind of statments.

Franko_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#5 Franko_3
Member since 2003 • 5729 Posts

ToScA-

the cake is a lie

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ToScA-
[QUOTE="ToScA-"]

DarkyC

It's not like Molineux has a good track record at these kind of statments.

lol! I can barely argue that, but I'll still take his word over a rumour. We even have a more specific release date by now, October 2008 it is.

nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nervmeister
Member since 2005 • 15377 Posts

I can't believe this topic started at the exact same time as mine.

TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts

In all honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie makes a multiplat game. They would make so much money from anything with their name on it (and rightfully so).

BTW I hate Madden, but props for this year.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Depending if I have the money and on what other games are out, I think I just might finally buy a Madden game, so I could play with my casual sport gaming friends.

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#10 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
Their review scores are always so lenient.
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts

In all honest, I wouldn't be surprised if Bungie makes a multiplat game. They would make so much money from anything with their name on it (and rightfully so).

TREAL_Since

I love how every lemming is thinking bungies next get will only be on 360...they broke away from MS what would make them think they wouldent devlope multiplat games its more money..lol

and also Namco bringing back Dead to Rights...ugh

Avatar image for carljohnson3456
carljohnson3456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 carljohnson3456
Member since 2007 • 12489 Posts
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

Pinkyimp

I love how every lemming is thinking bungies next get will only be on 360...they broke away from MS what would make them think they wouldent devlope multiplat games its more money..lol

I guess the same way cows think Konami wont make MGS4 multiplat... :|.

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ToScA-
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

Pinkyimp

I was under the impression that Bungie and Microsoft stroke a deal, allowing for MS to publish any future Bungie games thus deciding whatever game from Bungie ends up where?

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 taj7575
Member since 2008 • 12084 Posts

"at the same time, bungie is geeping a link to microsoft: for the forseeable future, it will develop titles for microsoft's Xbox 360 and the personal computer. Microsoft game studios will publish those titles."

Since im on mozilla firefox and i cant post links for some idiotic reason, ill go to internet explorer real quick and ill link the source of that quote.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xscrapzx
Member since 2007 • 6636 Posts
[QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

Pinkyimp

No what you don't understand is they broke away from MS so they could get away from making Halo. They wanted to do other stuff while MS didn't want them too. The deal on the break away was that MS gets first dibs on any games built. So unless its a god awful game I don't MS letting any game go to another console.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50634 Posts

Bad: The play-by-play coach needs some coaching

That's awesome lol

ithilgore2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 ithilgore2006
Member since 2006 • 10494 Posts

ToScA-
If it was anyone else, I'd stand by that, but he's got a fairly dubious track record for telling the truth.
Pinkyimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Pinkyimp
Member since 2006 • 3623 Posts
[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

xscrapzx

No what you don't understand is they broke away from MS so they could get away from making Halo. They wanted to do other stuff while MS didn't want them too. The deal on the break away was that MS gets first dibs on any games built. So unless its a god awful game I don't MS letting any game go to another console.

and bungie agreed to that??, that sucks..

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 taj7575

"at the same time, bungie is keeping a link to microsoft: for the forseeable future, it will develop titles for microsoft's Xbox 360 and the personal computer. Microsoft game studios will publish those titles."

Since im on mozilla firefox and i cant post links for some idiotic reason, ill go to internet explorer real quick and ill link the source of that quote.

taj7575

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/businesstechnology/2003928945_bungie06.html

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50634 Posts

"at the same time, bungie is geeping a link to microsoft: for the forseeable future, it will develop titles for microsoft's Xbox 360 and the personal computer. Microsoft game studios will publish those titles."

taj7575

You just gotta use control + C / V

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ToScA-
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Pinkyimp"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

Pinkyimp

I don't think Microsoft would let the devs that gave them Halo off the hook all too easy. Freedom has a price apparently.

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 virtuas
Member since 2007 • 1312 Posts

ToScA-

I was under the impression that Bungie and Microsoft stroke a deal, allowing for MS to publish any future Bungie games thus deciding whatever game from Bungie ends up where?

thats not much of a freedom. they might as well be 1st party to MS, because if thats the deal they made, then it sucks

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

"Darth Vader is pretty lame"

thats 2 reviews that say vader sucks, cows....

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 taj7575
[QUOTE="taj7575"]

Chutebox

You just gotta use control + C / V

Thanks

ToScA-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ToScA-
[QUOTE="ToScA-"][QUOTE="Pinkyimp"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

virtuas

thats not much of a freedom. they might as well be 1st party to MS, because if thats the deal they made, then it sucks

Ah well, they have some creative freedom now at least, as opposed to 'Halo this' and 'Halo that'. I think they went for a decent deal, good for them and good for the fans who I can imagine want to see something different from Bungie.

taj7575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 taj7575

virtuas

why not? Bungie joiend MS as a small group for when they started the XBOX. Now thanks to MS, theye almost made $1 Bill from the halo franchise.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Pinkyimp"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

Pinkyimp

Why does that suck when they have made millions and millions of dollars off one game with MS? :?

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

Two of those Rumours are True The 2D one is Galaga (I think Konami made that I forget)

Also Banjo Kazooie and Tooie many places are saying it will use Stop n Swap.

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 virtuas
[QUOTE="virtuas"][QUOTE="ToScA-"][QUOTE="Pinkyimp"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

ToScA-

Ah well, they have some creative freedom now at least, as opposed to 'Halo this' and 'Halo that'. I think they went for a decent deal, good for them and good for the fans who I can imagine want to see something different from Bungie.

[QUOTE="virtuas"][QUOTE="ToScA-"][QUOTE="Pinkyimp"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

taj7575

why not? Bungie joiend MS as a small group for when they started the XBOX. Now thanks to MS, theye almost made $1 Bill from the halo franchise.

i say MS was lucky that they got bungie because bungie were the creative mind that develop halo

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xscrapzx

i say MS was lucky that they got bungie because bungie were the creative mind that develop halo

virtuas

I say it is the other way around because without MS's money how far would of Bungie have been able to go with Halo?

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44214 Posts

EGM :lol:

Is that "Euro gamer-monthly" now ? :P

How the mighty have fallen. to think back in the day, EGM was once very well respected by this gamer - now, Yuck ! :?

-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts

I thought the Stop N's Swap was basically confirmed by Rare. Halo Wars has been confirmed as a 2009 title. Fable 2 is finished, although theyre are bugs to stomp out, so maybe it will slip? I hope not. And i doubt Bungie are making a PS3 game.

virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 virtuas
[QUOTE="virtuas"]

xscrapzx

I say it is the other way around because without MS's money how far would of Bungie have been able to go with Halo?

i bet bungie already have the idea of halo but just needed funds to make it, so they could have any joined other company like EA, Activision, Sony and still make halo as successful as it was back on the xbox

cosmostein77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 102

#34 cosmostein77
Member since 2004 • 7043 Posts
Maybe Bungie is going into the vault and will bless PS3 owners with a new version of Oni.
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts

virtuas

They left to have creative freedom. They can create the games they want to, thats why. M$ have first dibs on what they create, so i guess if M$ looks at a game and dont think it will be good enough for them to publish as an exclusive, then it could make its way to PS3.

xscrapzx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 xscrapzx
[QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="virtuas"]

virtuas

i bet bungie already have the idea of halo but just needed funds to make it, so they could have any joined other company like EA, Activision, Sony and still make halo as successful as it was back on the xbox

Of course they probably already had the idea. They probably had idea years before, but to sit here and say that MS had no involvment with Halo's success is just foolishness.

tonyleo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#37 tonyleo01
Member since 2004 • 2255 Posts
[QUOTE="virtuas"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="virtuas"]

xscrapzx

Of course they probably already had the idea. They probably had idea years before, but to sit here and say that MS had no involvment with Halo's success is just foolishness.

yeah just like good singers or actor, I have no doubt they're gifted from birth. But without a good promoters, they usually don't get very far. Hey that's why there's YouTube, right?
EVOLV3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 EVOLV3
Member since 2008 • 12210 Posts

ToScA-

I forget who, I think 1up, did a preview of the game after E3 and couldnt believe it was finished...
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
Whoa, good scores for Madden!
virtuas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 virtuas
[QUOTE="virtuas"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="virtuas"]

xscrapzx

I say MONEY

insanejedi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 insanejedi
Member since 2007 • 1738 Posts
[QUOTE="Pinkyimp"][QUOTE="xscrapzx"][QUOTE="Pinkyimp"][QUOTE="TREAL_Since"]

ToScA-

I don't think Microsoft would let the devs that gave them Halo off the hook all too easy. Freedom has a price apparently.

Bungie will act like a second party developer like Insomniac which they are technically third party but only work on one specific platform or one specific company.

POJO_MOFO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#42 POJO_MOFO
Member since 2004 • 5525 Posts
Bungie........PS3 game..........head=exploded Imagine what Bungie could do with the power of the PS3 at their dispoal!!!
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 nervmeister

They wanted to do other stuff while MS didn't want them too. The deal on the break away was that MS gets first dibs on any games built

And how long will this arrangement last?
superjim42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 superjim42
Member since 2005 • 3588 Posts
EGM RUMOURS = COMPLETE BS
MojondeVACA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 MojondeVACA
Member since 2008 • 3916 Posts
Now cows will love bungie...no more overrated or lame developers,but dream on cows i dont see them making games for ps3 u know how those rumors always end.
Avatar image for II-FBIsniper-II
II-FBIsniper-II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 II-FBIsniper-II
Member since 2005 • 18067 Posts
Microsoft remains our current publisher and partner. We're not currently working with anyone else.- Today's Bungie Weekly Update
Cipher92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Cipher92
Member since 2003 • 320 Posts
Microsoft remains our current publisher and partner. We're not currently working with anyone else.- Today's Bungie Weekly UpdateII-FBIsniper-II
Rumour broken
deangallop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#48 deangallop
Member since 2004 • 3811 Posts

Microsoft remains our current publisher and partner. We're not currently working with anyone else.- Today's Bungie Weekly UpdateII-FBIsniper-II

Well I think it's safe to say rumor debunked.

jazreal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jazreal
Member since 2006 • 2736 Posts

ToScA-

Your right...cows dont get this :P
nervmeister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 nervmeister

ToScA-

Then what was the point of Bungie breaking away from MS to begin with?