EB Games is taking pre-orders on Nintendo NX ...Wait, what?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#1 PikachuDude860
Member since 2014 • 1810 Posts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/18/eb-games-is-already-taking-pre-orders-for-the-nintendo-nx

Speaking to trade site MCV Pacific, an EB spokesperson explained the decision to open up pre-orders, despite the fact that nobody has any idea what the NX actually is.

“Following the announcement Wednesday night, EB Games made the ‘NX’ available for preorder the next day. At EB Games we have a very loyal Nintendo fan base, many of whom love the opportunity to put their names down first for new products. As long as that demand exists, we will continue to give fans what they want and be at the forefront of gaming announcements.”

I..I don't...Is this real life?

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

I hope it's a new console on par or more powerful than current consoles with Wii U and Wii backward compatibility. But maybe it's just another handheld version or maybe just a bunch of game pre-orders or subscription for their mobile projects.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

lol...wow jumping the gun much. :P

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4 bunchanumbers
Member since 2013 • 5709 Posts

lol this is EB assuming that NX is a physical console. Its kinda crazy because its still a code name and not one word about what it is has been released yet.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By PikachuDude860

@bunchanumbers: @superbuuman: @gago-gago:

You know what's worse? So I read from a random IGN comment...It already had over 1000 pre orders!!

I've heard of buying day one, but this is ridiculous.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

I wonder when Apple will get in on this action? I could preorder an iPhone 7 today :P

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@Shewgenja said:

I wonder when Apple will get in on this action? I could preorder an iPhone 7 today :P

Or Sony with the Vita 2.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bunchanumbers

@pikachudude860 said:

@bunchanumbers: @superbuuman: @gago-gago:

You know what's worse? So I read from a random IGN comment...It already had over 1000 pre orders!!

I've heard of buying day one, but this is ridiculous.

I think this just shows how discontent people are with the twins. People have no choice but to buy the PS4 because its the most powerful console, but Sony is still messing it up with delays and bad games. Is it selling? Yes. But I think that someone else could easily swoop in and take the console market.

PikachuDude860

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PikachuDude860

@bunchanumbers: Mark my words. We're gonna see some new guys come up one day. Mark my words.

@inb4uall said:

@Shewgenja said:

Or Sony with the Vita 2.

Or the Xbox 3...2. =P

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#10 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

Do we even know if the NX is a console, handheld, or a disgusting phone?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#11 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@93BlackHawk93: We know it's a dedicated game platform (so it's not a phone).

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#12  Edited By 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@charizard1605: Thank goodness!

From the little I know, I think it's most likely a handheld. However, wouldn't that be too early since the n3DS just released? Or maybe it is the hybrid system we've been hearing about? Yeah, I'm going with that.

PS4hasNOgames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 PS4hasNOgames
Member since 2014 • 2620 Posts

@superbuuman said:

lol...wow jumping the gun much. :P

not really. i think the NX will be out holiday 2016. even by then I don't feel much of the big name 3rd party games will even be out yet. just in time for nintendo to swoop in and offer the same multi plats and all of Nintendo's first party to get a jump on the next-gen. I have a feeling the NX will be more powerful than both the PS4 and X1 giving it ample room to keep it alive for the first few years of the PS5 and next xbox's life.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#14 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I'm so envious. I wish I could take people's money years in advance, invest it and earn lots of profit, for something they may or may not even want.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#15 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 14495 Posts

Don't blame EB games - they're meeting the demand and cultivating the hype that eminates from the fanbase. But this is why Nintendo will never truly die: their fans are more rabid than a rabies-riddled pack of wolves.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#16 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5249 Posts

We know very little about the NX, and it is quite too early for pre-orders.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
@bunchanumbers said:

I think this just shows how discontent people are with the twins. People have no choice but to buy the PS4 because its the most powerful console, but Sony is still messing it up with delays and bad games. Is it selling? Yes. But I think that someone else could easily swoop in and take the console market.

Or it's just sheep jumping on the next Nintendo system like the rabid fanbase they are.

bunchanumbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bunchanumbers

@freedomfreak said:
@bunchanumbers said:

Or it's just sheep jumping on the next Nintendo system like the rabid fanbase they are.

lol even the most hardcore of sheep isn't running in there without seeing a console prototype first. I'm betting its scalpers getting in on it.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@bunchanumbers said:

Agreed.

To stretch this by saying it must be that so many ppl are not happy with their new consoles is a little ignorant....especially when we don't even know what Nintendo's machine is....and the fact that it probably won't come out for another 2 or 3 years.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#20 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

@bunchanumbers said:

Ehhh...

I think a significant amount of people buy the Ps4 because of power, but mostly I think it's just hype and momentum from MS's blunders before the consoles were released and that the Ps4 was $100 cheaper.

Power wise applicable to games, it's just a resolution difference. It's up for developers to make each console shine.

Ps2 vs. Xbox was a much bigger difference but that didn't stop PS2 from steamrolling it haha

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 freedomfreak
@bunchanumbers said:

lol even the most hardcore of sheep isn't running in there without seeing a console prototype first. I'm betting its scalpers getting in on it.

They're sheep. It's what they do.

inb4uall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 inb4uall
Member since 2012 • 6564 Posts

@freedomfreak said:
@bunchanumbers said:

They're sheep. It's what they do.

**** that. I didn't buy a 3DS until the XL model. I didn't buy a Wii U till MK8.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#23 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

That is smart. taking money right now on a product that is completely unknown is a smart move

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

I already pre-ordered one.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts

I hope it's an expansion pak for the WiiU like the N64 had. That thing did wonders for the N64

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44562 Posts

Think about it, lots of people will likely give them their money now, forget about it, GameSpot maintains it in some kind of interest generating trust account for pre-orders people forget about or never claim or get their money back on. And even for honored pre-orders than money is just going to sit in a bank generating interest anyways. Any money you give them now is more money they make in long run.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

Think about it, lots of people will likely give them their money now, forget about it, GameSpot maintains it in some kind of interest generating trust account for pre-orders people forget about or never claim or get their money back on. And even for honored pre-orders than money is just going to sit in a bank generating interest anyways. Any money you give them now is more money they make in long run.

The way how they get you too is that after you pay the money ( which keep in mind preorders cannot be less than $50 for hardware ) and then you come later and decide to cancel that money will not get back to you via cash but it will be in store credit so you'll have to spend it in store... say about 100 people preorder now that means ebgames just earned 100*$50= $5000 on an item that dosent exist lol!

if i had a game store i would do that too and also allow people to preorder last guardian ( you know its coming someday ), halo6 ( you know its coming someday ), mario smash bros 4 ( its coming someday ), etc just random games! :P

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 freedomfreak
@inb4uall said:

**** that. I didn't buy a 3DS until the XL model. I didn't buy a Wii U till MK8.

Yeah, I'm referring to those that do jump on anything new. Apologetic, loyal-til-they-die sheep. Obviously they're not the only ones interested, but the chances of it being people interested in new hardware, sheep, or scalpers, is a much more realistic reason rather than "they're bored of the x1 and ps4".

Desmonic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Desmonic
Member since 2007 • 19990 Posts

Would lol if it turned out to be a service rather than a new console :P

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points