EA tech responds to Rants about Madden '08 on the PS3 *Updated*

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

grayfox_2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 grayfox_2k
Member since 2005 • 1901 Posts

thought this was interesting...

N4G Link

Customer 08/13/2007 11:11 PM

No question here. Just wanted to alert you guys and Mr. Peter Moore that, that was a real cool saboteur job he pulled on the PS3 version of Madden. Just kidding. I know Mr. Moore had nothing to do with the trash version of this game for the PS3, but you should know that people are mighty. mighty pisseed off at the reviews this game is getting on the PS3. http://www.n4g.com/NewsCom-59034.aspx

Totally unacceptable that the freakin' Wii version gets an "editor's gold" from IGN and they just sh*t all over the version you guys squirted out for the PS3 http://www.n4g.com/NewsCom-59039.aspx#C366534. Disgusting. I've been playing Madden since '89 when I was in high school and I've never felt more betrayed than now. This is truly a sad day and EVERYONE in my forum is talking about it. I sure hope you guys just don't throw this message in the delete file and actually pass it along up the line and even go to N4G.com if you don't believe the vitriol which this has spawned then you're totally not in touch with your history (really the history of Madden football..the legions of Sony fans that have bought the PS3 and who are considering buying it, and the loyal fans of the PS1, and PS2 that you guys just took a dump on because of money and time constraints. Ridiculous. Why can't you be more like Bethesda, or Team Ninja, or 2K! and port games with HIGH quality for each system?? What gives EA!!!??? You are purposefully alienating your PlayStation fans and we are going to respond with our wallets. I swear I'm telling everyone on my forum, my neighborhood, bar, w/e that is even thinking about purchasing this game (outside of the early adopter drones) to pass it up for the PS3 and PS2. You guys only care about MONEY and it shows.

I swear if 2K ever gets the NFL license I will never buy another sports game from you guys again. They've already won me over with NBA and NHL2K..I thought you guys would've stayed true with Madden at least but 30fps. just won't cut it and the reviews are just nutty. I'm going to use your answer on my forum so please don't delay and tell us what you plan on doing about this glaring...repeating GLARING problem going forward. We are waiting to here from you EA. N4G is waiting to hear your response ladies and gentlemen.

Please respond to XXXXXXXXXXX.com or XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.com Please do not leave us hanging EA.

Maddens Raiders

EA's Tech response

Question Reference #XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX
Subject: No question here. Just wanted to alert you guys and Mr. Peter Moore that, tha...
Platform & Game: Sony PlayStation® 3
Madden NFL
Madden NFL 08
Category: Game Features and Information
Gameplay Mechanics
Send Email Type: Simplified (My Stuff Reply / No Threads)
Submitted: 08/13/2007 11:11 PM
Last Updated: 08/14/2007 09:28 AM

Discussion Thread
Response (Robert M.) EA Sports Tech 08/14/2007 09:28 AM

Hello Scott,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the issues you've found with Madden NFL 08 for the PlayStation 3 game console. While we fully understand your frustration with the limitations the technology has placed against the video frames per second of the game play on the PlayStation 3 game console, it was out intent to put out the best possible with Madden across 10 platforms. While it is very simple to draw a conclusion based on the end-user experience with the game technology, what most people do not realize is hours of research which goes into fully understanding the hardware demands for each console. In the case of the next-generation consoles, many publishers have been developing titles for the Xbox 360 for over 3 1/2 years while everyone who publishes now for the PlayStation 3 with the exception of Sony has been developing for the PlayStation 3 for only a little over one full year. The differences in the overall knowledge of the hardware is vastly different for both consoles and, as is the case with newer technology, it is very difficult to get it right the first time. As for frame-rate differences, 30 frames per second is the same for all PS 3 football games this year, not just Madden but also NCAA Football, and 2K Sports' offering as well. If you choose not to purchase the game, it is a choice fully understand and respect. Please know that I have passed your feedback and observations on to the game team and hopefully someone within their team will be able to address this matter further.

Sincerely,

Rob M.
EASPORTS Sr. Technical Support

EA Tech Team

thoughts?

--------------

UPDATE: EA™ Player Relations: Devs will respond to PS3's Madden 08' Issues N4G Link

ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ImagineGamer
Member since 2007 • 644 Posts

IGN Madden 08

360: 8.7
PS3: 7.7

haha

grayfox_2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 grayfox_2k

IGN Madden 08

haha

ImagineGamer

tsk tsk tsk -_-"

dude ur at the wrong thread, some noobs REALLY take the term "SW" too seriously...

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts

IGN Madden 08

haha

ImagineGamer

That has nothing to do with the topic.

Fanboy

haha

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Javy03
Member since 2006 • 6886 Posts

IGN Madden 08

haha

ImagineGamer

GS

PS3: 8.5

Xbox 360: 8.5

Tnasty11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tnasty11
Member since 2005 • 4497 Posts

IGN Madden 08

haha

ImagineGamer
GS 8.5 FOR BOTH AND THIS IS GS
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts

Exactly what Ive been saying. Its not the technical limitations of the PS3. Its just that the devs dont understand the hardware yet.

Fanboys saying PS3 cant handle 60 fps should shut up after reading this.

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Javy03

Exactly what Ive been saying. Its not the technical limitations of the PS3. Its just that the devs dont understand the hardware yet.

asdasd

Ninja Gaiden runs at 60fps on 1080p.

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 asdasd
[QUOTE="asdasd"]

Javy03

And what the hell does that have to do with my post?

Javy03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Javy03
[QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="asdasd"]

asdasd

Thatit is very possible to run 60fps on the PS3 without any problems if the devs spend time working with the system. There should be no doubt that the PS3 can hand fps because it currently has games that run at that speed. It just depends on the leg work the devs do.

grayfox_2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 grayfox_2k

asdasd

wow dude, chill... i think he's only giving an example of a game that's not "hindered" by the so-called "PS3 hardware limitations"...

ImagineGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ImagineGamer
Member since 2007 • 644 Posts
[QUOTE="asdasd"][QUOTE="Javy03"][QUOTE="asdasd"]

Javy03

Thatit is very possible to run 60fps on the PS3 without any problems if the devs spend time working with the system. There should be no doubt that the PS3 can hand fps because it currently has games that run at that speed. It just depends on the leg work the devs do.

that's what he said >_>

grayfox_2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 grayfox_2k
[QUOTE="asdasd"]

munu9

So I guess there statement about working with the 360 for 3.5 years and only working with the PS3 for about a year means nothing?

no it only proves that they didn't have enough time to perfect the game on the PS3, not when they were trying to release the game on 10 different platforms... and that cows should look forward to EA's "second try/attempt"

stvee101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 stvee101
Member since 2006 • 2953 Posts
This issue just shows the mentality of EA:MONEY MONEY MONEY.If they actually cared at all about their customers they would've went that extra mile just like bethesda did with Oblivion and released a product that wasequal on both platforms.But I guesse,what with pumping these sports titles out on a yearly basis and having to meet deadlines for obvious reasons,these concerns about quality take a back seat as far as EA are concerned.
da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#17 da1on2
Member since 2006 • 4885 Posts

IGN Madden 08

haha

ImagineGamer

IGN = Nothing here

Both versions scored the same

Avatar image for deactivated-5d560a230ad3c
deactivated-5d560a230ad3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 deactivated-5d560a230ad3c
Member since 2004 • 1546 Posts

The bottom line: THe PS3 version runs at half the speed of the 360 version. End of story.

Whatever the reason, 360 games are consistently coming out better than their PS3 counterparts.

grayfox_2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 grayfox_2k

The bottom line: THe PS3 version runs at half the speed of the 360 version. End of story.

Whatever the reason, 360 games are consistently coming out better than their PS3 counterparts.

CubeJL

i think that the issue here is: will the PS3 games be AS GOOD as their 360 counterparts, say next year?

in other words, some cows wanna know... bad multiplat's on PS3: Dev's problem OR hardware problem (which = bad purchase on their part :P)

TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 TheOwnerOner
Member since 2007 • 2921 Posts

IGN Madden 08

haha

ImagineGamer

^^^

Avatar image for deactivated-5d560a230ad3c
deactivated-5d560a230ad3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 deactivated-5d560a230ad3c
Member since 2004 • 1546 Posts
[QUOTE="CubeJL"]

grayfox_2k

i think that the issue here is: will the PS3 games be AS GOOD as their 360 counterparts, say next year?

in other words, some cows wanna know... bad multiplat's on PS3: Dev's problem OR hardware problem (which = bad purchase on their part :P)

I think we'd all like to know the "real" answer to why 360 games are coming out better. But all that truly matters in any competition is the end result. And so far, I think we can all agree that the PS3 is coming up short.

phoenaxe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 phoenaxe
Member since 2007 • 135 Posts
Lazy Devs! They just want to blame there shortcomings on the Lack of experience they have on the machine? Wow didn't they do madden for the PS3 last year too? hmmmm sounds fishy to me! It's sort of funny how Ninja Gaiden Sigma (another 3rd party game) runs at 60 FPS at 1080P, and it was there first attempt at the PS3 not there 2nd! With that being said, i'm not buying it for the PS3 this year because the devs are lazy i'll either buy it for the 360 or the Wii.
goodlay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#23 goodlay
Member since 2005 • 5773 Posts
EA has had more time to work with the 360 and its hardware, its had an extra year with it, I can guarantee that the PS3 version of Madden 09 will run at 60 FPS. Also NGS runs at 60 FPS but its a remake of a game and they had more time to work on it, EA has less than a year to make Madden.
grayfox_2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 grayfox_2k
[QUOTE="grayfox_2k"][QUOTE="CubeJL"]

CubeJL

I think we'd all like to know the "real" answer to why 360 games are coming out better. But all that truly matters in any competition is the end result. And so far, I think we can all agree that the PS3 is coming up short.

yup agreed.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 tman93
[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

IGN Madden 08

haha

TheOwnerOner

^^^

Wait, when did Gamespot get a name change.

I love it because most of the people using IGN for ownage were the ones telling sheep to leave and go to IGN if you dont like the way GS rates game, then months later bu bu IGN scored it differnt OWNED.!!111!1!!

SystemWarsBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SystemWarsBot
Member since 2007 • 32 Posts
why rant about a football game?
TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 TheOwnerOner
[QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

IGN Madden 08

haha

tman93

^^^

Yeah, ever since the scoring system change.

Where have you been?

munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
[QUOTE="munu9"][QUOTE="asdasd"]

grayfox_2k

So I guess there statement about working with the 360 for 3.5 years and only working with the PS3 for about a year means nothing?

no it only proves that they didn't have enough time to perfect the game on the PS3, not when they were trying to release the game on 10 different platforms... and that cows should look forward to EA's "second try/attempt"

Sorry, yeah, that's why I deleted my post...

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 tman93
[QUOTE="tman93"][QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

IGN Madden 08

haha

TheOwnerOner

^^^

Where have you been?

It didnt, I still log into http://www.gamespot.com/, this threads name: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25849186&page=1

GAMESPOT.

We use there reviews and, as far as SW is conserned, always will, if you dont like it, go to IGN. ;)

TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 TheOwnerOner
[QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"][QUOTE="tman93"][QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

IGN Madden 08

haha

tman93

^^^

Where have you been?

It didnt, I still log into http://www.gamespot.com/, this threads name: http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25849186&page=1

GAMESPOT.

We use there reviews and, as far as SW is conserned, always will, if you dont like it, go to IGN. ;)

For a better, more comprehensive review, that's exactly where I go. 1up is also better.

Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#31 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts
Whoever wrote this has dyslexia.
Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts

Thats the problem with EA, they release things on every ****ing platform they think they can make a dime off of, even if they don't understand how to work with the platform yet or its not well suited (Hello Madden DS).

Still, I find this claim that they were working on the hardware for only a little over a year to be deceptive. Final hardware? Probably, but there have been tons of SKUs going out since mid-2005 I believe so thats misleading.

The first 360 SKUs went out in 2004 so based upon that the comment about 360 is accurate.

Phanrang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 Phanrang
Member since 2005 • 1496 Posts

Haha

Wii 8.5

PS3 7.7

Does it smell flop?

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 tman93
[QUOTE="tman93"][QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"][QUOTE="tman93"][QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"][QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

IGN Madden 08

haha

TheOwnerOner

^^^

Where have you been?

GAMESPOT.

For a better, more comprehensive review, that's exactly where I go. 1up is also better.

Then why are you here?

And in here no matter what we use GS scores, mods, fanboys, non fanboys agreed on this when Zelda flopped. Cant change it now when you want owange.

FancyKetchup25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FancyKetchup25
Member since 2006 • 3007 Posts

asdasd

You do realise he was supporting your argument? man you need to take a chill pill.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

IGN Madden 08

haha

Tnasty11

GS 8.5 FOR BOTH AND THIS IS GS

BWAHAHAHA this is the ultimate irony, what about "buh buh teh bias!?!?!"

TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 TheOwnerOner

Then why are you here?

And in here no matter what we use GS scores, mods, fanboys, non fanboys agreed on this when Zelda flopped. Cant change it now when you want owange.

tman93

Because its fun watching Cows hide behind GS reviews after all those bias accusations.

PS3 got a free pass to damn right ownage, thanks to a flawed scoring system.

ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ps3gen
Member since 2005 • 2023 Posts
Lemmings owned..this will shut them up.
ps3gen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 ps3gen
Member since 2005 • 2023 Posts
[QUOTE="tman93"]

Then why are you here?

TheOwnerOner

Because its fun watching Cows hide behind GS reviews after all those bias accusations.

PS3 got a free pass to damn right ownage, thanks for a flawed scoring system.

Like lemmings said before only gamespot scores matter..lmao..

TheOwnerOner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 TheOwnerOner
[QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"][QUOTE="tman93"]

Then why are you here?

ps3gen

It use to,

but the new scoring system doesnt point out whichMadden is the obvious better one.

Flawed for SW's Loss.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 tman93
[QUOTE="tman93"]

Then why are you here?

TheOwnerOner

Hide? Weve used GS scores always. Lemmings and Cows didnt have a single problem unrelentlessly bashing Sheep for 2 months about GSs score, then when sheep tryed to hide behind another site, fanboys would be: "but this is GS thats all that matters, go to IGN, GT, EGM ect ect.

Avatar image for Runningflame570
Runningflame570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Runningflame570
Member since 2005 • 10388 Posts

TheOwnerOner

Let me guess, because they scored Killzone Liberation and NWN2 both a five out of ten?

xAngelxDustx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 xAngelxDustx
Member since 2007 • 392 Posts

This issue just shows the mentality of EA:MONEY MONEY MONEY.If they actually cared at all about their customers they would've went that extra mile just like bethesda did with Oblivion and released a product that wasequal on both platforms.But I guesse,what with pumping these sports titles out on a yearly basis and having to meet deadlines for obvious reasons,these concerns about quality take a back seat as far as EA are concerned.stvee101

well said, weneed to stop praising game companies so much. after all, they could care less what the consumer thinks...like all corporations, the only objective/goal is $

Supafly1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Supafly1
Member since 2003 • 4441 Posts

asdasd

Programming for PS3 is like eating soup with a fork.

Just kidding, they will probably have 60fps next year.

xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 xDonRobx
Member since 2007 • 1586 Posts
[QUOTE="ps3gen"][QUOTE="TheOwnerOner"][QUOTE="tman93"]

Then why are you here?

TheOwnerOner

It use to,

but now that teh madden 08 is rated 8.5 on both GS teh suckzzzzzzz!!!!!1!111!!!

Fixed :)

GatoFeo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#46 GatoFeo
Member since 2004 • 1846 Posts
[QUOTE="ImagineGamer"]

IGN Madden 08

haha

TheOwnerOner

^^^

haha to who ever believes this. ^^^^^

better off with this :lol:

Decko5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#47 Decko5
Member since 2004 • 9428 Posts
did the devs take this long to understand the 360?
V_Isle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 V_Isle
Member since 2006 • 1785 Posts
Haha another multi-plat failure for the PS3. The cows can't catch a break :(
asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 asdasd

did the devs take this long to understand the 360?Decko5

It took them 3 version of madden to get 60 fps on the 360.

The PS3 is only on its 2nd version

tuddalicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 tuddalicious
Member since 2005 • 174 Posts

I guess going with the flow of the responses its also ironic that cows no longer care about the difference between 30 fps and 60fps after years of hyping the difference. By the way, no one likes gamespots new scoring system. In princible, a game that is better than another one should have a higher score. Now whether that difference is .5 or.2 it should at least be equal to the actual the difference in the game. PS3's madden is not equal to the 360's madden. That is a fact whether they scored the same or not.

But before anyone classifys me and bunches me up with others, please realize that i'm a singular entity and am not responsible for comments others have made in the past. So don't give me that "you lemmings used to say" crap...I love both systems.