EA Sports Locks Out Multiplayer Modes On Used Sales

• 131 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Shattered007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Shattered007
Member since 2007 • 3139 Posts

Yep, A one time use code will be suplied with new games and people that by used games will be outta luck :(

Edit: Correction... peoplewho by used will have to pay a $10 dollar fee to play online (this includes rentals)

Full story from Yahoo and IGN

shadow8585

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 shadow8585
Member since 2006 • 2947 Posts

Yep, A one time use code will be suplied with new games and people that by used games will be outta luck :(

Shattered007
good. I always buy new, I prefer my money going to those who earned it
h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts

This kind of stuff is going to spread to every publisher, and its going to kill Gamestop. Oh well.

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
wow that's pretty cheap of them.
RadecSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 RadecSupreme
Member since 2009 • 4824 Posts

I buy most of my games new but this is still not a good thing.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

This kind of stuff is going to spread to every publisher, and its going to kill Gamestop. Oh well.

h575309

No maybe they will have fair prices on their used games now. I've traded in games and got $16-18 for them and the put them out for sale used at$38-44.

The mark up is rediculous at gamestop.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

Again, by doing this they LEGALLY have to say "ONLINE COMPONENT NOT INCLUDED IN STANDARD RELEASE", meaning they literally have to make the online stuff premium add-on content. This of course means they cannot be reviewed on said content, or advertise said content as coming standard with said games. Therefore, by "locking out multiplayer content", they've locked themselves out of the online sports market. Great decision. :roll:

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

Good, we can't let people play pirated copies of the game!

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Andrew_Xavier

smokeydabear076
...Used game sales =/= piracy. In any way, shape or form. Would you people be cheering if a car company said "Sorry, we're turning off the steering and brakes for the next owner if you sell your car...the used market is costing us money!"? Doubtful, and yet this is the same situation, it's gimping a product when the consumer utilizes their LEGAL rights.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

I don't really play Multiplayer in EA Sport titles. I play the Be a Pro modes in the NHL series. I also play Local Multiplayer.

But this is still bad news because Used Games doesn't equal Piracy.

h575309

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 h575309
Member since 2005 • 8551 Posts
[QUOTE="xxyetixx"]

[QUOTE="h575309"]

No maybe they will have fair prices on their used games now. I've traded in games and got $16-18 for them and the put them out for sale used at$38-44.

The mark up is rediculous at gamestop.

How do you think they make such huge profits off their used gaming division? By screwing gamers over, thats how. Almost 50% of their gross profit comes from used game sales, cut that margin down, and down goes profits....
Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts

[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]

Andrew_Xavier

...Used game sales =/= piracy. In any way, shape or form. Would you people be cheering if a car company said "Sorry, we're turning off the steering and brakes for the next owner if you sell your car...the used market is costing us money!"? Doubtful, and yet this is the same situation, it's gimping a product when the consumer utilizes their LEGAL rights.

Nah, it would be great they could disable vehicles like that. I mean, a lot less people would be drivng and so the planet would be a trillion times safer from global warming.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]

Andrew_Xavier

Lol, car analogies. EA just want their share of the used game, when someone buys a used game instead of a new copy the publishes loses out. A pirate would have to pay, which is good. That being said, this is just for the online MP. So more tacked on online maybe? This is just an extension of the Cerberus network, but for online multiplayer instead of DLC.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="smokeydabear076"]

SaltyMeatballs

Lol, car analogies. EA just want their share of the used game, when someone buys a used game instead of a new copy the publishes loses out. A pirate would have to pay, which is good. That being said, this is just for the online MP. So more tacked on online maybe? This is just an extension of the Cerberus network, but for online multiplayer instead of DLC.

Cerberus Network offered new, free content to gamers for buying new as incentive, which is brilliant. This LITERALLY gimps the game and charges you for what's on the disc for your legitimate purchase. If you don't like car analogies...okay, how'd you feel if bluray companies said "If you buy the movie used, you can only watch 1/2 the film unless you pay us for a code to unlock the rest."
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"] ...Used game sales =/= piracy. In any way, shape or form. Would you people be cheering if a car company said "Sorry, we're turning off the steering and brakes for the next owner if you sell your car...the used market is costing us money!"? Doubtful, and yet this is the same situation, it's gimping a product when the consumer utilizes their LEGAL rights.

Cerberus Network offered new, free content to gamers for buying new as incentive, which is brilliant. This LITERALLY gimps the game and charges you for what's on the disc for your legitimate purchase. If you don't like car analogies...okay, how'd you feel if bluray companies said "If you buy the movie used, you can only watch 1/2 the film unless you pay us for a code to unlock the rest."

Lol, movie analogies. Can we just think how it would affect the games industry? No one would buy used movies if that was the case, and it wouldn't affect pirates either. Gamer has a choice, if you want to play the single player it won't affect you, if you don't have an internet connection, etc.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

#16 Arach666
Member since 2009 • 23285 Posts

smokeydabear076

Indeed,and the developers are starting to reckon that the used market is very bad for them,so I feel that EA is doing the rigth thing.

Console gamers are no better than PC gamers,so if PC is hampered by such things,why would it be any different on the consoles?

Expect many more devs to follow EA´s lead.

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Waits for people to rush in saying used game sales is not a problem because it's teh legal!!!!! Guess what, it's a problem just because of that.

KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts

Waits for people to rush in saying used game sales is not a problem because it's teh legal!!!!! Guess what, it's a problem just because of that.

Espada12
So should I be forced to buy 2 games because my son and I both want to play online? Should I not be allowed to rent a game for the weekend and play online? Yes this affects used games but it affects more than that as well. So far it's only EA Sports but I am sure Mr Kottick at Activision is salavating over this concept.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Andrew_Xavier
Gamer has a choice, if you want to play the single player it won't affect you, if you don't have an internet connection, etc.SaltyMeatballs
According to the law, EA cannot promote the online features of their games as standard any longer, and they have no right to the content once it's purchased. I think the MASSIVE loss of sales they will experience when having to alert people at POINT OF SALE that their game features NO STANDARD ONLINE FEATURES, but costs the same as a full game, is great. So, again, R.I.P Electronic Arts, you were a horrific company that never cared about the gamer anyways.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
I doesn't bother me since I buy my games new. Will be interesting to see how it works out.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Andrew_Xavier
so if PC is hampered by such things,why would it be any different on the consolesArach666
If console game sales died down to the level that DRM-infested PC games sales have, the industry would cease to exist.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Andrew_Xavier
I doesn't bother me since I buy my games new. Will be interesting to see how it works out.RoslindaleOne
So, you never resell your games on craigslist/ebay/anywhere? You just horde them or give them away when finished? You never rent? Or lend to a friend?
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ontain
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] Lol, movie analogies. Can we just think how it would affect the games industry? No one would buy used movies if that was the case, and it wouldn't affect pirates either. Gamer has a choice, if you want to play the single player it won't affect you, if you don't have an internet connection, etc.

exactly. they are trying to kill used game market :P the fact is that this means that you can't sell something you bought in it's full function. the ultimate goal of course is for all of us to not "own" any games and only have a subscription to them. these types of power grabs push closer and closer to that future.
RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]I doesn't bother me since I buy my games new. Will be interesting to see how it works out.Andrew_Xavier
So, you never resell your games on craigslist/ebay/anywhere? You just horde them or give them away when finished? You never rent? Or lend to a friend?

Why are you so defensive? I used to trade in games a few years back but when I found myself rebuying them, I felt there's no point in me trading in games anymore. Yes, I do have gamefly and yes I let my friends borrow games. I don't see why your asking ME these questions. All I said is it didn't bother me. lol
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Ontain"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] Lol, movie analogies. Can we just think how it would affect the games industry? No one would buy used movies if that was the case, and it wouldn't affect pirates either. Gamer has a choice, if you want to play the single player it won't affect you, if you don't have an internet connection, etc.

exactly. they are trying to kill used game market :P the fact is that this means that you can't sell something you bought in it's full function. the ultimate goal of course is for all of us to not "own" any games and only have a subscription to them. these types of power grabs push closer and closer to that future.

That would literally spell the end of the video game market. It would also be illegal.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Arach666

[QUOTE="Arach666"]so if PC is hampered by such things,why would it be any different on the consolesAndrew_Xavier
If console game sales died down to the level that DRM-infested PC games sales have, the industry would cease to exist.

Well,be gratefull it´s only the MP,the SP is safe...for now.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]I doesn't bother me since I buy my games new. Will be interesting to see how it works out.RoslindaleOne

Why are you so defensive? I used to trade in games a few years back but when I found myself rebuying them, I felt there's no point in me trading in games anymore. Yes, I do have gamefly and yes I let my friends borrow games. I don't see why your asking ME these questions. All I said is it didn't bother me. lol

Well, because now your gamefly will be useless, and the game you lend to your friend will be gimped. That's why I ask how taking away a consumer right doesn't bother you.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Andrew_Xavier

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="Arach666"]so if PC is hampered by such things,why would it be any different on the consolesArach666

Well,be gratefull it´s only the MP,the SP is safe...for now.

Taking away the MP on MP-centric games is enough to kill their sales. You know what would make sense? Do what they are doing, but charge LESS for the game new. People would go for that. They will not do that.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
I'm mainly a PC gamer who buys only legit software, no pirated games, songs, films, etc on my comp. I fully support EA in this endeavour (I only buy the very occasional used game for my 360) as it encourages people to go out there and buy a new game, rather than letting gamestop exploit us twice (firstly for giving us a crap deal on the used copy and secondly for making $5 less than the new game).
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Andrew_Xavier
as it encourages people to go out there and buy a new gameblue_hazy_basic
No it doesn't. Taking away features convinces people to go out and buy A DIFFERENT PRODUCT ALL TOGETHER, not buy more of the gimped product.
KingTuttle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 KingTuttle
Member since 2006 • 2471 Posts
I'm mainly a PC gamer who buys only legit software, no pirated games, songs, films, etc on my comp. I fully support EA in this endeavour (I only buy the very occasional used game for my 360) as it encourages people to go out there and buy a new game, rather than letting gamestop exploit us twice (firstly for giving us a crap deal on the used copy and secondly for making $5 less than the new game).blue_hazy_basic
I've said it before but what about a household of gamers? What about renting? It's more than just antiGamestop.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]as it encourages people to go out there and buy a new gameAndrew_Xavier
No it doesn't. Taking away features convinces people to go out and buy A DIFFERENT PRODUCT ALL TOGETHER, not buy more of the gimped product.

Why? If you buy it new theres no extra expense. What difference would it make? This isn't nickle and diming us through DLC its protecting developers.
xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xxyetixx

Again, by doing this they LEGALLY have to say "ONLINE COMPONENT NOT INCLUDED IN STANDARD RELEASE", meaning they literally have to make the online stuff premium add-on content. This of course means they cannot be reviewed on said content, or advertise said content as coming standard with said games. Therefore, by "locking out multiplayer content", they've locked themselves out of the online sports market. Great decision. :roll:

Andrew_Xavier

What are you talking about? When you buy the game brand new you will get a code that gives you access toall the content on the disc so they can advertise as the normally do.

Game developers don't intend on there games being sold used and bought by people the second hand users are out of luck.

don't try to be an internet lawyer

DonPerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 DonPerian
Member since 2005 • 3773 Posts
Clearly on the offensive. Not a fan.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]I'm mainly a PC gamer who buys only legit software, no pirated games, songs, films, etc on my comp. I fully support EA in this endeavour (I only buy the very occasional used game for my 360) as it encourages people to go out there and buy a new game, rather than letting gamestop exploit us twice (firstly for giving us a crap deal on the used copy and secondly for making $5 less than the new game).KingTuttle
I've said it before but what about a household of gamers? What about renting? It's more than just antiGamestop.

You mean more than account/game? hmmmm yea thats crappy not sure how that is handled As for renting, again I do do that and it would suck I guess, pay the extra $10, but I stand by what I said.
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

so console games now have CD-Keys. Welcome to 1998. I dont care that much since I hate gamestop and I only buy the NHL franchise from EA.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Andrew_Xavier

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"]

xxyetixx

What are you talking about? When you buy the game brand new you will get a code that gives you access toall the content on the disc so they can advertise as the normally do.

Game developers don't intend on there games being sold used and bought by people the second hand users are out of luck.

don't try to be an internet lawyer

The first-sale doctrine is a limitation on copyright that was recognized by the Supreme Court of the United States in 1908 (see Bobbs-Merrill Co. v. Straus) and subsequently codified in the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 109. The doctrine allows the purchaser to transfer (i.e., sell or give away) a particular lawfully made copy of the copyrighted work without permission once it has been obtained. This means that the copyright holder's rights to control the change of ownership of a particular copy end once that copy is sold, as long as no additional copies are made. This doctrine is also referred to as the "first sale rule" or "exhaustion rule."

How's that for internet lawyer? If they advertise the online components as standard/not add-on after purchase content, they break copyright law.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Andrew_Xavier
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"]as it encourages people to go out there and buy a new gameblue_hazy_basic

Why? If you buy it new theres no extra expense. What difference would it make? This isn't nickle and diming us through DLC its protecting developers.

No, it's eliminating your consumer right to resell the product your purchased. If you GIMP the software by disabling online features for all resales, you cannot advertise said features as standard. People will NOT buy a gimped product, especially when, at point of sale, they have to say "DOES NOT INCLUDE STANDARD ONLINE COMPONENTS".
Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

I wonder how they plan to implement this for Single player games cause that would definitely piss me off. I buy used SP games often because most of the time they are short and not very good or atleast good enough to justify paying 60 bucks for it.

Avatar image for RichardStallman
RichardStallman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 RichardStallman
Member since 2009 • 1233 Posts
Well, used games are just as bad as piracy. So I see no problem.
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"] No it doesn't. Taking away features convinces people to go out and buy A DIFFERENT PRODUCT ALL TOGETHER, not buy more of the gimped product.Andrew_Xavier

No, it's eliminating your consumer right to resell the product your purchased. If you GIMP the software by disabling online features for all resales, you cannot advertise said features as standard. People will NOT buy a gimped product, especially when, at point of sale, they have to say "DOES NOT INCLUDE STANDARD ONLINE COMPONENTS".

Its not eliminating your right to do anything. EA have the right what to include in their game or not. You as the consumer can exercise your right as a consumer by not purchasing it.

Used games hurt the industry.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 xxyetixx

[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"] So, you never resell your games on craigslist/ebay/anywhere? You just horde them or give them away when finished? You never rent? Or lend to a friend?Andrew_Xavier

Well, because now your gamefly will be useless, and the game you lend to your friend will be gimped. That's why I ask how taking away a consumer right doesn't bother you.

Again it's not gimped, the will be offering the people that did not purchase the game new, the peoplethat provided no money to the developer the chance to give money to the deveolper by purchasing the code to play the MP.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Andrew_Xavier
Well, used games are just as bad as piracy. So I see no problem.RichardStallman
How the hell is buying a legitimate copy of a game anything like stealing a game? Is buying a used car theft? Or a used house? Or used land? Or going to a restaurant?
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Arach666

[QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"][QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"] No it doesn't. Taking away features convinces people to go out and buy A DIFFERENT PRODUCT ALL TOGETHER, not buy more of the gimped product.Andrew_Xavier

No, it's eliminating your consumer right to resell the product your purchased.

How is that different from the PC,eh? If it was so obviously illegal,don´t you think someone woud have said something by now?

Face it,it´s a lost war,and a measure that other companies will follow as well.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
i dont see how any body on this board (unless they're a developer) can support this, you're a consumer gamers and this is terrible.
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Andrew_Xavier

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"] Why are you so defensive? I used to trade in games a few years back but when I found myself rebuying them, I felt there's no point in me trading in games anymore. Yes, I do have gamefly and yes I let my friends borrow games. I don't see why your asking ME these questions. All I said is it didn't bother me. lolxxyetixx

Again it's not gimped, the will be offering the people that did not purchase the game new, the peoplethat provided no money to the developer the chance to give money to the deveolper by purchasing the code to play the MP.

A feature that was in the game, was forcibly removed. AKA GIMPED. AGAIN, if a bicycle company said "If you sell your bike, the next owner doesn't get the wheels/breaks/handlebars unless they pay us, we're losing money on used bike sales!" or if a food market said "THOSE RESTAURANTS ARE RESELLING OUR INGREDIANTS, no no no, the food they serve must become 50% dust, we're losing money on RESALES OF RAW FOOD!" or if Blurays started offering people who bought used copies 20% of the movie unless they pay the studio for the rest? IT'S. CALLED. GIMPING.

The first-sale doctrine is a limitation on copyright that was recognized by the Supreme Court of the United States in 1908 (see Bobbs-Merrill Co. v. Straus) and subsequently codified in the Copyright Act of 1976, 17 U.S.C. § 109. The doctrine allows the purchaser to transfer (i.e., sell or give away) a particular lawfully made copy of the copyrighted work without permission once it has been obtained. This means that the copyright holder's rights to control the change of ownership of a particular copy end once that copy is sold, as long as no additional copies are made. This doctrine is also referred to as the "first sale rule" or "exhaustion rule."

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts
Well, used games are just as bad as piracy. So I see no problem.RichardStallman
*MEGA FACEPALM* you realize there are a ton of things 2nd hand in real life such as cars, houses, buildings, computers (ocassionally), etc. this is nothing like piracy, piracy is duplicating a license while selling used games is selling it. (the one you already bought tho)
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Andrew_Xavier

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="blue_hazy_basic"] Why? If you buy it new theres no extra expense. What difference would it make? This isn't nickle and diming us through DLC its protecting developers.Arach666

No, it's eliminating your consumer right to resell the product your purchased.

How is that different from the PC,eh? If it was so obviously illegal,don´t you think someone woud have said something by now?

You think people haven't? If I buy a used copy of a game, and put my serial code in and it isn't accepted, and I email the game company screenshots of my legitimate purchase, and serial code on the manual, they HAVE to activate it. I've done this before. It's law.
Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Ontain
[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"][QUOTE="Ontain"] exactly. they are trying to kill used game market :P the fact is that this means that you can't sell something you bought in it's full function. the ultimate goal of course is for all of us to not "own" any games and only have a subscription to them. these types of power grabs push closer and closer to that future.

That would literally spell the end of the video game market. It would also be illegal.

nah it'll happen they will just doing it little by little. i mean look at what the new gamers are getting used to? some in this very thread are glad to have control striped from them. MW2 was also a great example. increased price while taking away previous features like dedicated servers and modding. basically they control when you can and can't play what you paid for. you don't really own the game. they can close the online as they please.
Arach666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Arach666
[QUOTE="Arach666"]

[QUOTE="Andrew_Xavier"] No, it's eliminating your consumer right to resell the product your purchased. Andrew_Xavier

You think people haven't? If I buy a used copy of a game, and put my serial code in and it isn't accepted, and I email the game company screenshots of my legitimate purchase, and serial code on the manual, they HAVE to activate it. I've done this before. It's law.

And you have to pay for the activation,just like EA is doing. See,problem solved.