EA butthurt over origins lacklusterness.. blames steam

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 ionusX
Member since 2009 • 25777 Posts

origins head honcho over at EA is mad.. really mad at valve. steam he claims destroys IP's. he says that lowering prices to extreme limits ( like say todays farcry 2 sale @ $2.50) devalues and destroys IP's. 75% off he claims is the devil even if the IP is f--k old like say NFS: HP2 or nhl 2k6

http://www.develop-online.net/news/41036/E3-2010-Steam-sales-devalue-IP-claims-Origin-boss

personally.. dave

why_so_jelly.jpg

Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

lol funny pic

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61534 Posts

It's been shown to drastically drive sales. What's he on about?

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
Origin is so lame, please EA, just stop making it a hassle to get our favorite games.
Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

He is mad at something he tried to mimic? And horribly I might add

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Pretty sure I just bought Mass Effect 3 for $30 on Origin...and that's a fairly new game.

Their whole library was half off -_-

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
You can almost smell his failure wafting off that quote.
EliteM0nk3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 EliteM0nk3y
Member since 2010 • 3382 Posts
Except the price of a game is is mostly up to the publishers. And most games that go that low are generally older games or not very popular.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts

He is an idiot if he has a problem with old games selling for cheap.

Though Steam can be ridiculosly cheap at times, so cheap people wait for sales even if they want/could buy it, so cheap that people buy games and never end up playing them (if you use Steam, you know what I mean :P).

-RocBoys9489-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -RocBoys9489-
Member since 2008 • 6336 Posts
Except the price of a game is is mostly up to the publishers. And most games that go that low are generally older games or not very popular.EliteM0nk3y
It's pretty scary when guys with this low of a business-IQ get high position jobs in companies like EA
Renzokucant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Renzokucant
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts
yea..! he jelly
hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

Valve should take over EA and turn them into a profitable company that will go from worst company in the world to second best company in the world.

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

It's not Valve who is controlling the prices on Steam; it's the publishers themselves.

I guess EA is blaming the industry for understanding that as price decreases quantity demanded increases. That's like the most basic economic principle.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ace6301

It's not Valve who is controlling the prices on Steam; it's the publishers themselves.

I guess EA is blaming the industry for understanding that as price decreases quantity demanded increases. That's like the most basic economic principle.

Raymundo_Manuel
I think they must have the same financial adviser as most Hollywood film companies. I will give him one compliment: He's gotta be the most overly positive man on this planet given projected sales numbers and pricing versus reality.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-5b69bebd1b0b6
Member since 2009 • 6176 Posts

Lol and this is why I'll never use Origin as main DD client over Steam.. One of the reasons anyway.. When the hell are they actually going to bother updating it? It's like they're leaving it to rot.

sune_Gem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 sune_Gem
Member since 2006 • 12463 Posts

Problem is, everyone has Steam, so they don't need nor want Origin. When it comes to programs like these, the community makes it better, so it's only an advantage that Steam has many more users.

The only reason I got Origin was because it was required to play Mass Effect 3.

GamerwillzPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GamerwillzPS
Member since 2012 • 8531 Posts

They deserve to get screwed. They are the one who throw DLCs all over the place! Screw them.

quebec946

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 quebec946
Member since 2007 • 1607 Posts

lot of people are using origin, because they are forced too

so ea, plz go screw yourself

LovePotionNo9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LovePotionNo9
Member since 2010 • 4751 Posts
He's whining in defeat. That's kind of sad.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#20 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts
Lol origin... You know what they did to me? I cant buy games (or anything, including DLC and such) from origin, because I live in latinamerica and when I access the store, it redirects me to the European store, I cant buy stuff in euros because my virtual credit card doesn't allow me and besides the euro is super expensive here, almost twice as much as the dollar. steam lets me buy my things in dollars, but origin doesn't so I sent an email to origin support, and the guys in response said that they cant do anything to fix the problem, but that they would give me a 15% discount coupon to use with any origin product... So yeah, they gave me a coupon to buy something, to fix my "I cant buy anything" problem. its seriously like buying a car that ended up exploding on its own in 2 weeks and then going to get your money back, just to have the salesman telling you that he cant give you your money back or a new car, but he will give you a free fuel refill...
crimsonman1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 crimsonman1245
Member since 2011 • 4253 Posts

I really dont like EA.

Avatar image for Captain__Tripps
Captain__Tripps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Captain__Tripps
Member since 2006 • 4523 Posts

lot of people are using origin, because they are forced too

so ea, plz go screw yourself

quebec946
To be fair, there are lots of games which force you to use Steam as well. Actually Valved used one of the biggest PC games of all time to get steam such a foothold.. (HL2)
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17881 Posts
success is not going to be handed to you EA....its an open market so you have to fight or face oblivion. valve dont put a gun to publishers and developers heads and demand participation in 75% off sales. thats all up to the publishers/developers. personally i think it can be a great way to introduce new people to an IP they are not familiar with or are not very confident in. for example the batman AA demo was very poor and i didnt buy the game for a long time as a result. however at one stage it was 5 quid on steam and i kept hearing good things. so i took a punt and loved it. bought arkam city and close to full price and will likey buy whatever rocksteady do next at full or close to full price. i am also more inclined to buy DLC i am interested in when its discounted. most DLC is not worth it at its usual price imho. i tend to be more open minded at 10-20 quid than i am at 50-60 and a game i buy at 10 quid could lead me on to buying the next game at full price. better than no sale at all methinks.
Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

I just bought that Farcry pack because it was on sale, as I would have never payed full price for it. Come to think of it, the only reason I bought Alan Wake off Origin was because it was on sale, which I then had to install through Steam for some reason.

I don't know how wise it is to essentially come out and tell your customers that you will be charging them more than their competitors for the same product.

Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Kell_the_Gamer
Member since 2012 • 885 Posts
EA is probably the most pathetic company in the gaming industry right now; I'm actually starting to miss them being evil and a force to be feared.
Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Go drive another Origin, Bullfrog, Pandemic studio into the ground you f*cking scumbags.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#27 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
EA - "We wanted to make insane profit but Steam stopped us :cry:!!!" Steam - " trollface.jpeg"
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

EA - "We wanted to make insane profit but Steam stopped us :cry:!!!" Steam - " trollface.jpeg"JohnF111

evil valve company and their insane low prices!!!

quickly, more day one dlc and incomplete games with crappy online and micro transactions, we need more money!

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]EA - "We wanted to make insane profit but Steam stopped us :cry:!!!" Steam - " trollface.jpeg"Krelian-co

quickly, more day one dlc and incomplete games with crappy online and micro transactions, we need more money!

Just to supplement this thread.

Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ace6301

[QUOTE="JohnF111"]EA - "We wanted to make insane profit but Steam stopped us :cry:!!!" Steam - " trollface.jpeg"Krelian-co

To be completely fair Valve has done day one "dlc" (Portal 2) and micro transactions. They've even done the whole release a sequel one year after the original game. That said Valve is waaaaaaaaay better toward consumers even then.
Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

EA is probably the most pathetic company in the gaming industry right now; I'm actually starting to miss them being evil and a force to be feared.Kell_the_Gamer

I would still consider them to be the most evil, but the difference now is they aren't the biggest publisher in the business anymore.

SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#32 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

In short,

"Steam offers great deals for gamers, we don't want to do that because we love money, so we won't do it and we'll just say Steam doing it is a bad thing".

Idiot.

Timstuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 Timstuff
Member since 2002 • 26840 Posts
See, here's the difference between Valve and EA: Valve uses digital distribution to give people better deals, thus they increase their sales overall. EA wants to use digital distribution so that they can usher in always-on internet-based DRM and high fixed prices that never go down. Steam literally represents everything that's good about digital distribution, and Origin represents everything bad.
Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Kell_the_Gamer
See, here's the difference between Valve and EA: Valve uses digital distribution to give people better deals, thus they increase their sales overall. EA wants to use digital distribution so that they can usher in always-on internet-based DRM and high fixed prices that never go down. Steam literally represents everything that's good about digital distribution, and Origin represents everything bad.Timstuff
Well said.
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ionusX

See, here's the difference between Valve and EA: Valve uses digital distribution to give people better deals, thus they increase their sales overall. EA wants to use digital distribution so that they can usher in always-on internet-based DRM and high fixed prices that never go down. Steam literally represents everything that's good about digital distribution, and Origin represents everything bad.Timstuff
i dont know where you came from fairy.. but i like your drink. they gotta stop being so jelly and face facts. EA is late to the party as is alot of folks like GMG and gamestop. they arent the marshal in this town we call teh internet. and unless you do something radically different from the norm like GoG does.. your jsut another GFWL with the occassional good deal.

dj_pulserfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 dj_pulserfan
Member since 2007 • 3102 Posts
He's just asshurt because it made me realize just how much EA games weren't worth.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#37 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

Devalues? Oh wait you mean making the Game more Affordable so more people can play the game. Okay.

Moriarity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Moriarity_
Member since 2011 • 1332 Posts
I've said it before but it seems like EA is doing everything in their power to make me not like them and avoid any product/service they produce like the plague.
Kell_the_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Kell_the_Gamer

I've said it before but it seems like EA is doing everything in their power to make me not like them and avoid any product/service they produce like the plague.Moriarity_
They ARE a plague and I pray for their demise every single night. "B-but what about the jobs?!" Tough sh*t, their demised is something that needs to happen for the greater good. It's companies with practices like EA that make our economy sh*t in the first place. [spoiler] Sorry if I'm coming off as overly dramatic. I don't really hate them that much either, I'm just very hyper right now. :P [/spoiler]

HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#40 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

EA can get over it Steam is the reason I play PC now I love it. EA is nothing but greedy bastards while Valve cares about it's customers with great deals on great games.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

origins head honcho over at EA is mad.. really mad at valve. steam he claims destroys IP's. he says that lowering prices to extreme limits ( like say todays farcry 2 sale @ $2.50) devalues and destroys IP's. 75% off he claims is the devil even if the IP is f--k old like say NFS: HP2 or nhl 2k6

http://www.develop-online.net/news/41036/E3-2010-Steam-sales-devalue-IP-claims-Origin-boss

personally.. dave

why_so_jelly.jpg

ionusX
Wow that guy has no pecs at all
ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

personally.. dave

why_so_jelly.jpg

princeofshapeir

what i find wierder is the fact that these chicks think a dude who shop for kelvin klien and wears a kabala bracelet is cool.. or for that matter why this dude let a chick drinking powerade lick him

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

clap.gif

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#44 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts

He is an idiot if he has a problem with old games selling for cheap.

Though Steam can be ridiculosly cheap at times, so cheap people wait for sales even if they want/could buy it, so cheap that people buy games and never end up playing them (if you use Steam, you know what I mean :P).

SaltyMeatballs
Yeah, I laughed at that part about not playing game. And after seeing today's sale I'm thinking of buying the game yet I know I will not play it for now.
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#45 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts
EA had it coming.
Ingenemployee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ingenemployee
Member since 2007 • 2307 Posts

So how long before we have some gamers b****ing about how sales are destroying the gaming industry?

demi0227_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 demi0227_basic
Member since 2002 • 1940 Posts

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="ionusX"]

personally.. dave

why_so_jelly.jpg

ionusX

what i find wierder is the fact that these chicks think a dude who shop for kelvin klien and wears a kabala bracelet is cool.. or for that matter why this dude let a chick drinking powerade lick him

You will understand when you get older.
ShadowMoses900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#48 ShadowMoses900
Member since 2010 • 17081 Posts

Lol you found my facebook pic, that's me. That's what happens when I tell girls how many platinum trophies I have.

You know what EA? Quit blaming someone else for your problems, what the hell did Steam ever do to you? You should follow Steams example instead, stop fvcking over the consumer so much. Stop all this stupid online pass crap and day 1 DLC.

Mabey the reason no one likes Origions is because no one likes you EA, and they are no longer going to put up with your garbage.

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ionusX

[QUOTE="ionusX"]

[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"] Wow that guy has no pecs at alldemi0227_basic

You will understand when you get older.

how old are you?

ionusX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ionusX

Lol you found my facebook pic, that's me. That's what happens when I tell girls how many platinum trophies I have.

You know what EA? Quit blaming someone else for your problems, what the hell did Steam ever do to you? You should follow Steams example instead, stop fvcking over the consumer so much. Stop all this stupid online pass crap and day 1 DLC.

Mabey the reason no one likes Origions is because no one likes you EA, and they are no longer going to put up with your garbage.

ShadowMoses900

you wish.. ps3 gamers are second only to pc gamers in the foreveralone-o-meter which means at best you got to 2nd base with some chick back in high school.... or thats indeed off your facebook cause you fake who you are in order to abduct women.. (perv)