Dynasty Warriors 7 The official HYPE thread! Xplay review!Gave it a good score!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 0

#1 timmy00
Member since 2006 • 15360 Posts

This is my first Hype thread ever so go easy on me. Now why did I choose Dynasty Warriors 7? Simply put, I'm in love with the franchise. My first Dynasty Warriors game was Dynasty Warriors 3. I simply want to spread information about DW7 in this hype thread. There is a few people here that love the franchise and I want people to talk about it. Most of the information will be copy and paste with a few thing changed. That said I had to post this on GS which take a lot of work.

This isn't the regular hype thread. There isn't a poll to guess Gamespot score. Just a poll asking if you're getting the game. If you want to post your GS score predictions then go ahead. My goal is to take all of the information about DW7 and post them in a single thread. Sadly I don't see this thread lasting for long. However it will be worth it. I hope you guys like it. Please read and enjoy. Discuss about the game if you want.

Game: Dynasty Warriors 7

Developer: Omega Force

Publisher: Koei

Series: Dynasty Warriors/Shin Sangokumusou

Release dates: NA- March 29, 2011

EU- April 8th, 2011

JP- March 10, 2011

Australia- April 1st, 2011

Genre: Hack and slash

Dynasty Warriors 7 is coming out for the PS3 and 360 in NA and Europe. There will only be a PS3 version in Japan. No 360 version.

Dynasty Warriors 7(or known as Shin Sangoku Musou 6 in Japan) is a hack and slash video game and is the seventh official installment of the Dynasty Warriors series. It is currently being developed by Omega Force and published by Koei. The game has been confirmed to be PS3 exclusive in Japan. The story is based on Luo Guanzhong's historical novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms. Dynasty Warriors 7 will support stereoscopic 3D features.

Story Updates

Source: http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/dw7-gameinfo.php

• The storyline surpasses 234's Wuzhang -one of the oft-complained points-, and now properly ends in 280: Jin's unification of China and end of the ROTK period.

• The Jin Kingdom faction is newly added.

• Story Mode is apparently kingdom-based, and will focus on the 4 kingdoms of Wei, Wu, Shu and Jin.

• The Other force does not have a story mode, but players will be able to use the Other characters in Chronicle Mode.

• You will be playing as different characters as you choose other stages, thus seeing the overall kingdom stories from different character perspectives. The character for that stage will be fixed.

• For some important large battles, it will be split into two parts, so you can have two character perspectives (ex: Shu's Chang Ban, 1st Part: Zhao Yun, 2nd Part: Zhang Fei)

• The story events will be seamlessly incorporated into gameplay, similar to God of War 3.

• To further reflect the seamlessness above, the usual pre-battle briefing menu is no longer here. Instead, the player stands inside a friendly fortress where they can buy new weapons and interact with other characters for storyline insight before beginning the battle.

• There will be many interactions between characters that will make the storyline even deeper.

• Each kingdom will have around 15 to 25 stages until their endings.

• Jin's storyline will begin after the Battle of Wuzhang Plains ended, when the Sima clan starts holding major authority in Wei.

• Wu's storyline is said to be focused on an early era rather than a late era.

• Story Mode might be one-player only

Chronicle Mode (Conquest Mode for English version)

• This seems to be an individual, free-roam-China and create-your-own-destiny story mode.

• You move across a hex-grid map of China.

• In-between battles, you can visit cities to buy and upgrade weapons.

• You can also interact with other unique characters, and depending on how you interact, you can unlock more playable characters from this mode.

• When you join a faction you will be able to play in their specific stages.

• Each characters will also have special stages unique to them, such as battles that take place in ROTK, or what-if scenarios; for example, Sima Yi's special stage is Battle of Wu Zhang Plains.

• Other than the Weapon Blacksmith, there is an Item Peddler, a Restaurant, a Trainer and a Quizmaster in the city.

• For the Quizmaster, apparently you can get various things if you can answer the quizzes correctly.

• There will be also Gaiden / Side Story scenarios.

• After fulfilling certain conditions, the same person as player character may appear in the battlefield, but with an alternate colored costume.

• Chronicle Mode will have both Online and Offline (splitscreen) Co-op.

• Some stages will have limitations, such as whether you can bring partners and support animals, or not.

• You can re-battle the stages that you have already cleared.

Character list

Jin: (All of the characters are new except Sima Yi) Sima Shi, Sima Zhao, Wang Yuanji, Zhuge Dan, Guo Huai, Zhong Hui, Deng Ai, Xiahou Ba, and Sima Yi.

Shu: Liu Bei, Guan Yu, Zhang Fei, Zhao Yun, Guan Ping, Xing Cai, Ma Chao, Zhuge Liang, Jiang Wei, Yue Ying, Pang Tong, Wei Yan, Huang Zhong, Bao Sanniang(New), Ma Dai(New), Liu Chan(New), Guan Suo(New)

Wei: Cao Cao, Cao Pi, Cao Ren, Xu Zhu, Xiahou Dun, Xiahou Yuan, Dian Wei, Zhang Liao, Xu Huang, Zhen Ji, Cai Wenji, Zhang He, Jia Xu(New)

Wu: Lu Xun, Sun Jian, Sun Ce, Sun Quan, Sun Shang Xiang, Taishi Ci, Zhou Tai, Zhou Yu, Lu Meng, Gan Ning, Huang Gai, Ling Tong, Da Qiao, Xiao Qiao, Ding Feng(New), Lian Shi(New)

Other: Yuan Shao, Zhang Jiao, Lu Bu, Diao Chan, Dong Zhuo, Meng Huo, Zhu Rong.

There are a total of 62 characters in Dynasty Warriors 7! The only characters not returning is Pang De and Zuo Ci.

Weapon System

Every character can use two weapons. There are some restrictions but nothing major. Each character will have a unique weapon type to them and can use additional moves when using said weapon. You can find out way more at the link above.

Dynasty Warriors 7 also go back to the old charge base system.(Dynasty Warriors 2-5)

English voices

You can find them all here. http://www.dynastywarriors7.eu/uk/index.htm Just click on characters.

Trailers

DW7 English gameplay
Jin Trailer
Shu Trailer
Wu Trailer
Wei Trailer
Official debut trailer
Weapons and Warriors trailer

There are much more info I can discuss. However this Hype thread is long enough. There's much more info over at http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/dw7-gameinfo.php. You may also have seen another hype thread. I have been planning and making this hype thread for over a month. I just want to post it. I'm not letting someone else steal my glory! Anyways I'll leave a few pics for you guys. :] Enjoy and have a nice day!

You can find much better pictures at http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/dw7-screenshots.php

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 timmy00

Please try not to mention the other hype thread. >_> I just wanted to post mine. I've been working on this little by little for a month now.

REVIEWS

Kotaku- 36/40

Destructoid- 8/10

Thegamershub- 4/5

IGN- 5/10

capsulecomputers- 8/10

Nowgamer- 5.8/10

PS3clan- 8/10(Won't let me link)

G4/Xplay- 3/5

thesixaxis- 8/10

http://blog.shopto.net/?p=3906- Very good

plusxp- 8/10

Espada12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Espada12
Member since 2008 • 23247 Posts

Does that panda have any relevance to the game?

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts

Dynasty Warriors? Never heard of it.

What did Dynasty Warriors 6 score?

vincent380

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 vincent380
Member since 2003 • 2244 Posts
I used to love this series....until all the games felt exactly alike. I think the series needs a series revamp.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 timmy00

Does that panda have any relevance to the game?

Espada12

Yes. You can have certain animals to follow you and help you defeat the enemy. More info at http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/dw7-gameinfo.php

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Wasnt there a hype thread just yesterday? or was i dreaming? :P

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 timmy00

Silverbond

A 6.5 though I don't trust reviewers when it comes to games like this.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Yangire
Member since 2010 • 8795 Posts

Hey guys, I showed him Koei Warriors. 8)

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Silverbond

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

timmy00

Why not?

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 timmy00

finalstar2007

I have reason to believe that the hype thread was posted just to stop me from posting this. Or at least to mess around with me. :P

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18256 Posts

This franchise sucks big time :evil:

Nah, actually, i have never played any of the previous :P

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Yangire

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Silverbond

Why not?

Western reviewers dislike Warriors style games, it's one of those genres.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 timmy00

Hey guys, I showed him Koei Warriors. 8)

Yangire

Want me to give you credit in the OP? :P

Yes I like to thank Yangire. That website really made things way easier. :P

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 OneSanitarium
Member since 2009 • 6959 Posts

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Silverbond

Why not?

They all say how repetitive the series is, and complain about the same things when, if they had actually tried to play the game, they wouldn't have said it.

They also say stupid/wrong things. A FoTNS :Ken's Rage a reviewer said the best thing to do was this one attack, which in reality, it did very little.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 timmy00

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Silverbond

Why not?

They can't handle the epicness. :P

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

timmy00

I have reason to believe that the hype thread was posted just to stop me from posting this. Or at least to mess around with me. :P

lol hey its really great though that your posting about your faviorite games on here, people need to do that more often and stop with all the X versus Y thing. my hype i'll say 7. not sure if i'll get it to be honest, so many other gams to get

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 OneSanitarium

This franchise sucks big time :evil:

Nah, actually, i have never played any of the previous :P

madsnakehhh

Try 3, 4, or 5. Ignore 6 though, It's abysmal.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 timmy00

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

finalstar2007

lol hey its really great though that your posting about your faviorite games on here, people need to do that more often and stop with all the X versus Y thing. my hype i'll say 7. not sure if i'll get it to be honest, so many other gams to get

That why I did it. Yet someone tried to beat me first...

Yeah this year is going to be awesome! So many things. :cry:

If you can at least rent the game. You might like it. :P

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

[QUOTE="timmy00"]A 6.5 though I don't trust reviewers when it comes to games like this.

OneSanitarium

Why not?

They all say how repetitive the series is, and complain about the same things when, if they had actually tried to play the game, they wouldn't have said it.

They also say stupid/wrong things. A FoTNS :Ken's Rage a reviewer said the best thing to do was this one attack, which in reality, it did very little.

I don't trust Western reviews either. I would give the games MUCH lower than a 6...even western reviews are too lenient imo. The series FAILS to evolve each time, same mistakes that are present from the first installment are present now and the game is pretty much a button mashers. Whoever makes this garbage should stop.
Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Yangire

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Why not?

Locutus_Picard

I don't trust Western reviews either. I would give the games MUCH lower than a 6...even western reviews are too lenient imo. The series FAILS to evolve each time, same mistakes that are present from the first installment are present now and the game is pretty much a button mashers. Whoever makes this garbage should stop.

Exactly what mistakes do they make?

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Silverbond

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

[QUOTE="timmy00"]A 6.5 though I don't trust reviewers when it comes to games like this.

timmy00

Why not?

They can't handle the epicness. :P

Or perhaps they find the lack of epicness disappointing. o_O

Locutus_Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Locutus_Picard
Member since 2004 • 4159 Posts

[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"][QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

Yangire

All characters play pretty much the same even if they use different weapons. AI is dumb as bag of potatoes. The missions are in essence the same or turns out the same. But most of all; There is no fun in the game.
Lucianu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 Lucianu
Member since 2007 • 10347 Posts

I don't trust Western reviews either. I would give the games MUCH lower than a 6...even western reviews are too lenient imo. The series FAILS to evolve each time, same mistakes that are present from the first installment are present now and the game is pretty much a button mashers. Whoever makes this garbage should stop.Locutus_Picard

To be honest, this is one series in which i don't a **** about evolution. It provides me with fresh, pure fun, for 30 minutes- 1 hour or so, wen i'm bored. They are beat 'em ups. Beat 'em ups are, by definition, repetitive.

I own Dynasty Warriors 2, 3, and 4 on the PS2, and i like them. They ain't garbage. They deserve a solid score of 7/10, which is good, wouldn't give them above though.

They are repetitive as ****, like i said, but very addicting, i love killing off dozens of enemies with the different characters and st yles trough different missions. 4 is my favorite. I consider them solid beat 'em ups.

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 OneSanitarium

Wait a second, Xiao Qiao AND Da Qiao are in this? Holy ****.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Silverbond

OneSanitarium

Who are they?

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Yangire

All characters play pretty much the same even if they use different weapons. AI is dumb as bag of potatoes.The missions are in essence the same or turns out the same. But most of all; There is no fun in the game.Locutus_Picard

Play Zhang He then Dong Zhuo, two completely different characters.. There's a limit to how different they can be considering how many there are but they are different.

If the AI was smart, was very aggressive, and did more the game would be hard as ****. DW games try to be accessible not extremely difficult (besides harder difficulties).

There is a formula, I will agree to that.

To you, not for many other people.

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Luxen90
Member since 2006 • 7427 Posts
Awwww only 2 players co-op :(, still can't wait for this. Last DW game I played was Strikeforce on PSP, so I had a good long break on the Musou games.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 timmy00

OneSanitarium

Yep. Amazing eh? :P

Guess they realized that they should have both instead of just one. *cough*Dynasty Warriors 6*cough*

OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

Silverbond

Who are they?

Awesome.

Awesome Fan-girls.

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#31 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

... So Timmy you buying this?:P

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 timmy00

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="Locutus_Picard"] I don't trust Western reviews either. I would give the games MUCH lower than a 6...even western reviews are too lenient imo. The series FAILS to evolve each time, same mistakes that are present from the first installment are present now and the game is pretty much a button mashers. Whoever makes this garbage should stop.Locutus_Picard

All characters play pretty much the same even if they use different weapons. AI is dumb as bag of potatoes. The missions are in essence the same or turns out the same. But most of all; There is no fun in the game.

You mean in DW7? No, each characters get unique moves for their choice of weapons. The only game that had characters playing really similar to eachother was DW6.

The Ai is getting harder. I hear Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 Ai is tough.

In DW7 not all of the kingdom story mode will end in a happy ending.

Fun is subjective.

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Silverbond

Is this the franchise with the giant enemy crabs based on actual battles?

If so, holy ****. I gotta get this.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 timmy00

sanim02

Duh Sanim. :P

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Luxen90
Dynasty Warriors shows Dragon Age 2 who is the king of button mashing.
Deadbeatcobra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Deadbeatcobra
Member since 2006 • 1913 Posts

panda attacks! i might pick this up since its been forever since i played a Dynasty Warriors game.

my score prediction is around 7

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 timmy00

Is this the franchise with the giant enemy crabs based on actual battles?

If so, holy ****. I gotta get this.

Silverbond

Sorry. But we got pandas killing people!

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 timmy00

Dynasty Warriors shows Dragon Age 2 who is the king of button mashing.Luxen90
:lol:

Very true Luxen. :P

Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#39 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

timmy00

It IS a video game which is used for entertainment correct?:P

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

[QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Yangire

Why not?

Western reviewers dislike Warriors style games, it's one of those genres.

Pretty much this.

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Yangire

Dynasty Warriors shows Dragon Age 2 who is the king of button mashing.Luxen90

I don't know man, I don't want to turn this into a Sengoku Basara vs Dynasty Warriors thread.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 timmy00

[QUOTE="timmy00"]

[QUOTE="sanim02"]

sanim02

It IS a video game which is used for entertainment correct?:P

Yes and I will spend days playing the game. :3

Luxen90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Luxen90

[QUOTE="Luxen90"]Dynasty Warriors shows Dragon Age 2 who is the king of button mashing.Yangire

I don't know man, I don't want to turn this into a Sengoku Basara vs Dynasty Warriors thread.

lol, I still need to get the fun game, because I did enjoy Sengoku Basara 3 demo a lot.
OneSanitarium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 OneSanitarium

[QUOTE="Luxen90"]Dynasty Warriors shows Dragon Age 2 who is the king of button mashing.Yangire

Well, you and I can be SenBara. We'll win. Good game, DW, good game.

GeneralShowzer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#45 GeneralShowzer
Member since 2010 • 11598 Posts
Cool hype thread.
timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 timmy00

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="Luxen90"]Dynasty Warriors shows Dragon Age 2 who is the king of button mashing.OneSanitarium

Well, you and I can be SenBara. We'll win. Good game, DW, good game.

I can't judge Basara yet. I need to play the game. Not just the demo. Though it was fun. :P

Yangire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Yangire

[QUOTE="Yangire"]

[QUOTE="Luxen90"]Dynasty Warriors shows Dragon Age 2 who is the king of button mashing.Luxen90

lol, I still need to get the fun game, because I did enjoy Sengoku Basara 3 demo a lot.

You should, it's like $20 new now if you like DW I see no reason not to.

timmy00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 timmy00

Cool hype thread. GeneralShowzer
Thank you very much GeneralShowzer. :]

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

im guessing anyone who hasint played a DW game in years would be lost of whats going on.

II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
Best game ever? CHECK! Best Hype Thread Ever? CHECK! This game is gonna get better scores than the next Zelda game, heck even better than Uncharted 3!! Heck, GOTY right here. Innovative and smooth gameplay that constantly keeps the player guessing. Amazing story telling, fantastic graphics, and top notch voice acting. GOTY 2011 has arrived people!