Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

"However, if you do want to speed up your progress, you can spend real-world money to purchase the game's virtual currency, known as Platinum. Costa assures fan, though, that, "Nothing is behind a paywall."

The thread on this and link failed to mention or highlight the most important part IMO

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/dragon-age-inquisition-has-multiplayer-first-detai/1100-6421934/

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

radiohead - no surprises

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

If its like the ME3 multiplayer then Im fine with that. That multiplayer was fun even though the random loot slot machine was frustrating sometimes.

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

EA strikes again

Snugenz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Snugenz
Member since 2006 • 13388 Posts

shockhorror.gif

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 59070 Posts

Thank **** for Brian Fargo.

Bioware dead. At this point, just a walking carcass.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

Microtransactions in an RPG.

I guess bioware feels people dont want to take the time to enjoy games these days.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

Nothing like having F2P cash-shops on top of having to pay $60 for a game that isn't even a MMO with constant content updates.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Make that money boooyyyyyyy!!!!-Damon Wayans

I don't care because I don't have to buy it, and wont be playing the MP in DA

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts
@lawlessx said:

I guess bioware feels people dont want to take the time to enjoy games these days.

Got that right. As long as the item dupe cheat is in the game (for harder DLC achievements) I'm happy. >_>

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9407 Posts

yup, just like every other EA game. C'mon people. We have the power to not spend money on micro-transactions. Just don't do it and maybe they'll stop this retarded nonsense.

@lawlessx said:

more likely EA feels they can make extra money and would just fire the BioWare staff if they refused to include the micro-thransactions.

Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts

Nothing is behind a paywall, did anyone actually buy those packs for ME3? No, we grinded for them.

Relax people...

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Mass Effect 3 multiplayer was boring as ****. I'm not expecting anything more fun from this.

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14  Edited By lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@Spartan070 said:

Nothing is behind a paywall, did anyone actually buy those packs for ME3? No, we grinded for them.

Relax people...

having the opinion there alone bothers me. Its a trend im hoping doesn't spread to far this gen

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shielder7

@cainetao11 said:

Make that money boooyyyyyyy!!!!-Damon Wayans

I don't care because I don't have to buy it, and wont be playing the MP in DA

Assuming Microtransactions doesn't spill over into single player as well, which if it did wouldn't surprise me....

FYI still waiting for TexG to come in here with is Biodrone Defense Force! Biodrones Assemble!

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Shielder7
@Spartan070 said:

Relax people...

And what makes you think they won't "innovate" grinding too much like they did with Dungeon Keeper?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 cainetao11

@Shielder7: shit dude, I am up to laugh!!! If it bleeds into sp oh well. There are bigger issues in life for me at this point, but it would be crummy. But I saw gaming going big business many eons ago, and this is what it means. Looking for any nook and cranny that can produce money. In the end, I buy what I wish to use, and leave what I can.

Avatar image for delete-easycomeeasygo
delete-EasyComeEasyGo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 delete-EasyComeEasyGo
Member since 2011 • 382 Posts

Cool I got Money to burn for this bad boy.

[Sarcasm]

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Unsurprising, though still disappointing.

Oh well, this wasn't going to make the cut for me anyhow. Bioware's ugly decline is no fun to watch, but even less fun to play.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#20 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Wasn't even going to buy the game anyway.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Shielder7

@cainetao11 said:

@Shielder7: shit dude, I am up to laugh!!!

Than my job is done!

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

no issue with micro-t that only speed up things. As long as is not like Uncharted 3 where you can pay for an unfair advantage for guns with more slots for boosters than the free ones then I'm fine. I would like to think that this helps them to make even bigger, better and more impressive AAA games....

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9861 Posts

This will be the known as the microtransaction gen. It will be an integral part of all AAA games for sure. Meh. It sucks.

@Spartan070 said:

Relax people...

If the data supports that EA will make it a bigger and bigger grind until people start paying.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

If its like the ME3 multiplayer then Im fine with that. That multiplayer was fun even though the random loot slot machine was frustrating sometimes.

This. As long as they make the game perfectly enjoyable without microtransaction, I'm fine.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Sushiglutton

@funsohng said:

@mems_1224 said:

This. As long as they make the game perfectly enjoyable without microtransaction, I'm fine.

ME3 MP was not fine. They need to make the mode 100% seperate from the SP. In ME3 you were encouraged to grind in co-op to get a better ending. Awful design, never again!

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 cainetao11

@Shielder7: Than my job is done!

Correction: well done! Lets get em in here

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44591 Posts

So you're not locked out of content the game would otherwise have, you just have to earn it. Typical, EA did it for ME3 and Dead Space 3, and frankly I don't see what the big deal is. But, careful with that word, people hear it and go bonkers and instantly demonize anything associated with the word.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
@Sushiglutton said:

@funsohng said:

@mems_1224 said:

ME3 MP was not fine. They need to make the mode 100% seperate from the SP. In ME3 you were encouraged to grind in co-op to get a better ending. Awful design, never again!

The ending never even changed no matter what you did.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44591 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

@funsohng said:

@mems_1224 said:

I think you missed the point, the point was you didn't need to participate in spending actual money in microtransactions.

Anyhow, yeah it was a small nuisance to have to play the MP to get the perfect ending. I just waited until the end of the game to bother with the MP. I believe they've since patched it to not require MP to get enough war assets just through SP alone. However, people could import their MP characters into the game to be a permanent war assets. It was a decent experiment, and the MP was fun, wasn't perfect, but they've since patched it so I don't see what the big deal is anymore.

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

@lamprey263 said:

@Sushiglutton said:

@funsohng said:

@mems_1224 said:

I think you missed the point, the point was you didn't need to participate in spending actual money in microtransactions.

Anyhow, yeah it was a small nuisance to have to play the MP to get the perfect ending. I just waited until the end of the game to bother with the MP. I believe they've since patched it. However, people could import their MP characters into the game to be a permanent war assets. It was a decent experiment, and the MP was fun, wasn't perfect, but they've since patched it so I don't see what the big deal is anymore.

Its an RPG! MP shouldn't of been in there and it should not have been tied to the single player! At all.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

@funsohng said:

@mems_1224 said:

Have you even played the game?

Ending sucks no matter whatever you do.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sushiglutton

@lamprey263 said:

@Sushiglutton said:

@funsohng said:

@mems_1224 said:

Anyhow, yeah it was a small nuisance to have to play the MP to get the perfect ending. I just waited until the end of the game to bother with the MP. I believe they've since patched it to not require MP to get enough war assets just through SP alone. However, people could import their MP characters into the game to be a permanent war assets. It was a decent experiment, and the MP was fun, wasn't perfect, but they've since patched it so I don't see what the big deal is anymore.

My answer was more directed to Mems I suppose.

I bought the game new and spent a bunch of hours to grind MP. Then I went on a trip (IRL) and when I came home a week later all progress was reset. Who thought that was a cool design? I couldn't care less if they've patched it since.

parkurtommo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#33 parkurtommo
Member since 2009 • 28295 Posts

This just in: Dragon Age Inquisition will feature every fucking thing.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Sushiglutton

@funsohng said:

@Sushiglutton said:

@funsohng said:

@mems_1224 said:

Have you even played the game?

Ending sucks no matter whatever you do.

Yes ofc I finished it ones. Since I only finished it ones I'm only aware of the ending I got. Not sure if I had maximum war assets, or if that actually did matter in the end. It's actually not that relevant. The important thing was that you were lead to believe that your progress in the MP would affect the outcome of the game. So there was an incentive to grind.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mems_1224

@clyde46 said:

@lamprey263 said:

@Sushiglutton said:

@funsohng said:

@mems_1224 said:

Anyhow, yeah it was a small nuisance to have to play the MP to get the perfect ending. I just waited until the end of the game to bother with the MP. I believe they've since patched it. However, people could import their MP characters into the game to be a permanent war assets. It was a decent experiment, and the MP was fun, wasn't perfect, but they've since patched it so I don't see what the big deal is anymore.

Its an RPG! MP shouldn't of been in there and it should not have been tied to the single player! At all.

I KNOW! I hate when developers try new things. Gosh, games should always be the same and never try anything new.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Shielder7
@mems_1224 said:

I KNOW! I hate when developers try new things. Gosh, games should always be the same and never try anything new.

I sense sarcasm but putting microtrasactions in a $60 game is just a greedy dick move no matter how you look at it.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37  Edited By Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By uninspiredcup

@lamprey263 said:

frankly I don't see what the big deal is.

It's not a free2play game and multiplayer was specifically put in to widen the demographic and add microtransactions into the game due to greedy dickhead marketers who think you are a fucking idiot, basically.

It's very much like saying "hey, I can hear someone getting raped in the distance, but, it's not happening to me, so...." Principle of the matter. As a law abiding gamer person, you scream no like Christian Bale throwing a hissy fit.

Publishers have outright admitted next generation was an attempt to force this on people. You are part of the problem my friend.

Loading Video...

If you accept it, what the **** do you think will happen? More of it. More extreme. Just like DLC, preorder dlc, season pass, retail exclusive dlc e.t.c....

Loading Video...

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15580 Posts
@Spartan070 said:

Relax people...

The fact that it exists at all means you will have to do more grinding and chores than should be necessary to get things you want. They will encourage you to buy their crap and it will take forever to do in-game, I guarantee it. Just like ME3, just like DS3, just like Dungeon Keeper and SimCity and all the other games EA are trying to ruin with their bullshit.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 mems_1224

@Shielder7 said:
@mems_1224 said:

I sense sarcasm but putting microtrasactions in a $60 game is just a greedy dick move no matter how you look at it.

What the **** does that have to do with my post? Spoiler alert, every gaming company only wants your money.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@Sushiglutton said:

@funsohng said:

@mems_1224 said:

I don't remember the ending changing all that much if at all with multiplayer. They also patched that out not too long after release.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Shielder7

@mems_1224 said:

@Shielder7 said:
@mems_1224 said:

What the **** does that have to do with my post?

What the **** does your post have to do with the topic?

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

Meh, just ignore it like in all the other games.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By mems_1224

@Shielder7 said:

@mems_1224 said:

@Shielder7 said:
@mems_1224 said:

What the **** does that have to do with my post?

What the **** does your post have to do with the topic?

Everything

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JangoWuzHere

@Vaasman said:
@Spartan070 said:

Relax people...

The fact that it exists at all means you will have to do more grinding and chores than should be necessary to get things you want. They will encourage you to buy their crap and it will take forever to do in-game, I guarantee it. Just like ME3, just like DS3, just like Dungeon Keeper and SimCity and all the other games EA are trying to ruin with their bullshit.

Oh no, you'll have to actually play the video game to unlock stuff.

I don't remember there being any sort of grinding in ME3 or DS3. The progression and leveling was at a normal pace in ME3. You never had to open up the microtransactions in DS3, they gave you enough materials to do anything with your equipment.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By uninspiredcup

@JangoWuzHere said:

I don't remember there being any sort of grinding in ME3 or DS3. The progression and leveling was at a normal pace in ME3. You never had to open up the microtransactions in DS3, they gave you enough materials to do anything with your equipment.

I don't remember shitty forced CO-OP, shitty multiplayer or shitty re-designed (and unbalanced) weapons specifically existing to allow micro-transactions in Dead Space 1. I don't remember Dead Space 1 completely dropping the pretense of being a horror game to appeal to Gears Of War droogs.

It's like it's the exact same game. Greedy marketers pulling the puppet strings clearly had no effect.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15580 Posts

@JangoWuzHere said:

@Vaasman said:
@Spartan070 said:

Relax people...

Oh no, you'll have to actually play the video game to unlock stuff.

Oh no I have to play the game beyond the point where it's satisfying entertainment to make meaningful progression and things are intentionally gutted or moved to encourage paying! Oh wait, yes, that's actually bad.

Clearly you never played the ME3 multiplayer. Hoping for classes and races and weapons you want is a shitty gamble that takes tons of time or luck without buying packs. Basically like a trading card game only lamer. And DS3 wasn't as bad but that doesn't mean it was good either. The game simply wasn't hard enough or long enough to justify it's silly microtransactions. Doesn't mean it wasn't still done for a quick, lazy buck, and it definitely doesn't mean that it never affected the game.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 JangoWuzHere

@uninspiredcup said:

@JangoWuzHere said:

I don't remember shitty forced CO-OP, shitty multiplayer or shitty re-designed (and unbalanced) weapons specifically existing to allow micro-transactions in Dead Space 1. I don't remember Dead Space 1 completely dropping the pretense of being a horror game to appeal to Gears Of War droogs.

It's like it's the exact same game.

I don't remember any unbalanced weapons....

Dead Space was never a good horror game, the good stuff in Dead Space was always the action. Visceral realized that when they made Dead Space 2.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 uninspiredcup

@Vaasman said:

Clearly you never played the ME3 multiplayer.

Lucky man.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By uninspiredcup

@JangoWuzHere said:

. Visceral realized that when they made Dead Space 2.

My friend you seem to be mistaken here. These are the guys who design games now.

You see shit like Divinity and Wasteland 2? These exist, specifically to avoid these massive, massive cunts. Really big.