Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#151 Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15583 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

@Vaasman said:

@texasgoldrush said:

Yeah its a vocal minority that dislikes his singing...yes, that's reality, because most people are either fans, who are indifferent to him.

You really don't get it, its not my logic, its a political reality. happens in politics all the time.

They key difference is that the idea of a silent majority in politics is something that can be measured by voter turnout, polling, and census information.

Whereas here, the silent majority is a figment of your imagination. You have absolutely nothing to go off of that suggests that the players who said nothing online are fully content with the product.

Wrong.

Internal studies and continued sales (not just hyped week one sales), which suggest strong word of mouth.

So once again, if ME3 was such a disappointment, why did it outsell its processor and become the company's best selling game? Why did the game continue to sell after the big bad ending controversy was well known? Why did sales not suddenly stop like DA2's did? Why is SWTOR a top 5 MMO?

You know what you can't go off of? whiny internet reviews and internet self selection polling. Why? Because there is no way possible to capture the picture of a majority.

So you admit you're a plant then?

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#152 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

The writing in this game seems atrocious, like a poorly written fan fiction.

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#153 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

@RyviusARC said:

So pretty much like every bioware game? =p

finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#154 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

@AdobeArtist said:

@higherarkc said:

Welp...there goes another 200 hours of my life, better go purchase the strategy guide

Strategy guides are for scrubs :P

I never understood the reason for buying the guide unless your a collector. Since if your really stuck faqs exist online.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts

@soulitane said:

@RyviusARC said:

The Baldur's Gate series was great in writing compared to this game.

AdobeArtist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#156 AdobeArtist  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 25184 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:

@AdobeArtist said:

@higherarkc said:

Welp...there goes another 200 hours of my life, better go purchase the strategy guide

I never understood the reason for buying the guide unless your a collector. Since if your really stuck faqs exist online.

Exaaaaaactly ;) Though main point being, I try to avoid using reference as much as possible, to get through the obstacles myself.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23949 Posts

@soulitane said:

@RyviusARC said:

True, starting with Kotor BioWare games have always been poorly written. DA:I is no exception.

Baldur's Gate was a deconstruction of fantasy tropes, and never took itself seriously. But unlike this Iron Bull romance, it did not feel obnoxious or cringe worthy while doing so.

the-obiwan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#158 the-obiwan
Member since 2003 • 3747 Posts

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Jankarcop said:

@scottpsfan14 said:
@Jankarcop said:

I can't fucking wait for this game. I have a feeling that this AAA score is well deserved.

And you'll be playing it on a PS3 lol.

I know, i will sadly have to settle for less playing on consoles.

How does it feel knowing certain consolites will be playing it on equivalent high settings 1080p? While you play on sub low settings 720p?

he's not the only one thats gonna have to play it on a ps3 haha (me too ) lel but at leats im gonna enjoy it hopefully, i really hated ME 3 ending i hope this one doesnt follow that path.

Boddicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#160 Boddicker
Member since 2012 • 4458 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Still not interested.

I'm done with Bioware and their SJW agenda.

Avatar image for ReadingRainbow4
ReadingRainbow4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#161 ReadingRainbow4
Member since 2012 • 18733 Posts

@RyviusARC said:

Polygon seems to love it.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#162  Edited By princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@Maroxad said:

@soulitane said:

@RyviusARC said:

True, starting with Kotor BioWare games have always been poorly written. DA:I is no exception.

Baldur's Gate was a deconstruction of fantasy tropes, and never took itself seriously. But unlike this Iron Bull romance, it did not feel obnoxious or cringe worthy while doing so.

Do people expect games to have writing on par with Oscar winners? I thought the Mass Effect series' writing and DA:O's writing was fine for a video game. This Iron Bull thing was awkward but it's one small, optional scene in an otherwise massive game.

Before this game got high reviews, people were like "oh, wait for reviews, this game is gonna be shit;" now it's "oh, reviews don't matter, DA2 scored high as well" (even though it scored significantly lower across the board than DA:I did). Are you guys just determined to hate this game no matter what?

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#163 deactivated-5fc147aeeb0aa
Member since 2009 • 8315 Posts

@princeofshapeir: By admitting this game is alright, they would then concede they were wrong, and as the intelligent gamer we think ourselves to be, how could we possibly be wrong?

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164 dommeus
Member since 2004 • 9433 Posts

DAY FUCKING ONE SON

Avatar image for delete-simplyfatal
delete-SimplyFatal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By delete-SimplyFatal
Member since 2008 • 1122 Posts

Not interested regardless on how much I loved DA:O. I vowed 3 years ago not to buy anything published from EA and other publishers.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#166 texasgoldrush
Member since 2003 • 14928 Posts

@Vaasman said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Vaasman said:

@texasgoldrush said:

Yeah its a vocal minority that dislikes his singing...yes, that's reality, because most people are either fans, who are indifferent to him.

You really don't get it, its not my logic, its a political reality. happens in politics all the time.

They key difference is that the idea of a silent majority in politics is something that can be measured by voter turnout, polling, and census information.

Whereas here, the silent majority is a figment of your imagination. You have absolutely nothing to go off of that suggests that the players who said nothing online are fully content with the product.

Wrong.

Internal studies and continued sales (not just hyped week one sales), which suggest strong word of mouth.

So once again, if ME3 was such a disappointment, why did it outsell its processor and become the company's best selling game? Why did the game continue to sell after the big bad ending controversy was well known? Why did sales not suddenly stop like DA2's did? Why is SWTOR a top 5 MMO?

You know what you can't go off of? whiny internet reviews and internet self selection polling. Why? Because there is no way possible to capture the picture of a majority.

If I am a plant, why do I bash their games? An on this thread I said that DAI was too conservative and risk averse.

If I am a plant, I am terrible at my job.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 Maroxad

@princeofshapeir said:

@Maroxad said:

@soulitane said:

@RyviusARC said:

Do people expect games to have writing on par with Oscar winners? I thought the Mass Effect series' writing and DA:O's writing was fine for a video game. This Iron Bull thing was awkward but it's one small, optional scene in an otherwise massive game.

Before this game got high reviews, people were like "oh, wait for reviews, this game is gonna be shit;" now it's "oh, reviews don't matter, DA2 scored high as well" (even though it scored significantly lower across the board than DA:I did). Are you guys just determined to hate this game no matter what?

I dont expect it to be on par with Oscar winners. But I also expect to not get the urge to skip all dialogue either which if the dialogue I have seen thus far in the game, is anything to go by, I will.

Before the reviews, I was expecting it to score decently, it certainly scored higher than I expected. When the reviews came along, the scores were really good, but at the same time... a lot of other stuff about the game got revealed. Providing with an endless ammount of lulz (including that dialogue).

bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts

I've been done with Bioware.

(except for enjoying the unintentional comedy, like the Iron Bull scene)

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Any word on how the last gen version fares?

I hope it's atleast functional

milannoir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By milannoir
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

Hey guys, late to the party...

As someone who really enjoyed DA:O, then hated DA2 to the point of managing to get a refund from Steam, what does DA:I look like? Should I give it the same treatment as previous "Origin exclusive" titles (=No buy), or is this something worth considering?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Maroxad

@milannoir said:

Hey guys, late to the party...

As someone who really enjoyed DA:O, then hated DA2 to the point of managing to get a refund from Steam, what does DA:I look like? Should I give it the same treatment as previous "Origin exclusive" titles (=No buy), or is this something worth considering?

If you like BioWare games, you should get DA:I. From what I hear, the game has improved from DA2 tremendously, and fixed a good portion of its flaws.

That said, bashing DA:I is fun, especially with me being funneled information about it (primarily bad information) and a certain plant on this site acting the way he/she does.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15583 Posts

@texasgoldrush said:

@Vaasman said:

@texasgoldrush said:

Wrong.

If I am a plant, why do I bash their games? An on this thread I said that DAI was too conservative and risk averse.

Covering your tracks, downplaying past success for the sake of future game image, the idea that no press is bad press as long as you keep people talking, take your pick.

But in this thread alone, you've making a pretty good case for plant. You somehow know factually how much tactics are required at difficulties even though you couldn't possibly be playing and reviews have made only a couple mentions of anything but normal. You somehow know that the awkward writing was intentionally made that way for comedic effect. And you're somehow privy to sensitive company information, such as insider polling and the week by week sales of several games. There's also the non-thread related facts that your posts you can't directly relate to Bioware are incredibly sparse, and that you have made no effort to do the re-setup for a 9000 post account.

So you're either a bullshitting fanatic, or a plant. I think bullshitting is the most logical, but I do like a good viral conspiracy angle.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Vaasman said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Vaasman said:

@texasgoldrush said:

Wrong.

Covering your tracks, downplaying past success for the sake of future game image, the idea that no press is bad press as long as you keep people talking, take your pick.

But in this thread alone, you've making a pretty good case for plant. You somehow know factually how much tactics are required at difficulties even though you couldn't possibly be playing and reviews have made only a couple mentions of anything but normal. You somehow know that the awkward writing was intentionally made that way for comedic effect. And you're somehow privy to sensitive company information, such as insider polling and the week by week sales of several games. There's also the non-thread related facts that your posts you can't directly relate to Bioware are incredibly sparse, and that you have made no effort to do the re-setup for a 9000 post account.

So you're either a bullshitting fanatic, or a plant. I think bullshitting is the most logical, but I do like a good viral conspiracy angle.

Ever get through your dense skull of yours that I may have watched live streams of the game. And it shows how dense your skull is when I actually pointed out that this game looked flawed, you know, the game that I would try to support if I was a plant.

I somehow know about tougher difficulty levels because I have seen players play it and get wiped out for charging in to battle. And I somehow know about Iron Bull because I paid attention to the previews which advertised him as a comedic and awkward character (although Cole is even more awkward). You think I am BS because simply put, you do not like what I have to say, and you cannot comprehend in that dense skull of yours that I may be right.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

At least its not DA2:

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Jankarcop said:

At least its not DA2:

Gotta love some of the most idiotic, offbased criticism ever.

First off, Hepler wrote for Dragon Age Inquisition, she was Cassandra's writer, the dueteragonist of the game. She is far from a bad writer, and in fact, she wrote the DLC for DA2 that plays a huge role in Inquisition. Its dumb fans who didn't like what she had to say, that she wasn't in to playing games, that were the problem.

Second, DA2's cast is far from clichéd, this in contrast with Origin's cast, who were everything clichéd. And Merrill isn't stupid.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Jankarcop

@texasgoldrush said:

First off, Hepler wrote for Dragon Age Inquisition, she was Cassandra's writer, the dueteragonist of the game. She is far from a bad writer, and in fact, she wrote the DLC for DA2 that plays a huge role in Inquisition.

Second, DA2's cast is far from clichéd, this in contrast with Origin's cast, who were everything clichéd. And Merrill isn't stupid.

How much does Bioware pay you to spout this nonsense? Really defending DA2 writing? LOL?

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Jankarcop said:

@texasgoldrush said:

First off, Hepler wrote for Dragon Age Inquisition, she was Cassandra's writer, the dueteragonist of the game. She is far from a bad writer, and in fact, she wrote the DLC for DA2 that plays a huge role in Inquisition.

How much does Bioware pay you to spout this nonsense? Really defending DA2 writing? LOL?

Yeah, and for the most part, its better than Origins, especially the character cast. Are there parts of it that didn't work? Absolutely. The romances were not good and playing as a mage simply was jarring (as the game had cut storylines due to it being rushed)

They are better writers tan you would be also.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 Jankarcop

@texasgoldrush said:

@Jankarcop said:

@texasgoldrush said:

Yeah, and for the most part, its better than Origins,

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dragon-age-ii

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-origins

Just **** off.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By texasgoldrush

@Jankarcop said:

@texasgoldrush said:

@Jankarcop said:

@texasgoldrush said:

Yeah, and for the most part, its better than Origins,

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/dragon-age-ii

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dragon-age-origins

Just **** off.

Hey moron, I implied in response to your post that the WRITING was better than Origins for the MOST PART. Not the game itself. God you are an idiot.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
LostProphetFLCL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 LostProphetFLCL
Member since 2006 • 18526 Posts

@finalfantasy94 said:

@AdobeArtist said:

@higherarkc said:

I think they are just a leftover relic from the pre-internet-is-everywhere days.

Remember playing FF7 when it came out and had that HUGE guide for it. Thing was VITAL in uncovering all the wonderful secrets that game had.

texasgoldrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By texasgoldrush

This game is easily the best RPG of 2014, however, I do think it is not a classic, but while its easily the best Dragon Age game, its not better than the Baldur's Gate or Mass Effect games.

My problems:

Its too big, and focus is lost on the main plot thrust. They went overkill on the size of the exploration. And it seems CD Project RED will make the same error with The Witcher 3. These games benefit more from tighter focus. More meaty sidequests, less collect-athons please.

The final bosses and ending (except for the post credits scene) is very underwhelming. Lets say its boring and predictable, it takes no chances. Bioware may be too scared after the ME3 ending was first botched, and then while fixed, goes over its dumb fanbase's heads. And lets say a battle with the same boss in a past game was better than the final boss here. Its Corypheus from DA2 Legacy with an Archdemon.

The game design and plot is far too conservative and risk averse, its the same formula over again. Once again, Bioware gets too scared of the fans after DA2's less epic plot leaves fans scratching their heads.

Other than this, the writing itself is great, the characters are excellent, the companions and advisors are some of the best characters in the series (but not as good as Mass Effect's core cast). the world is pretty, the soundtrack is good, the combat is better than the past games, love the Suikoden style keep, and much better romances.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

downloading it now. excited/10

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 ominous_titan
Member since 2009 • 1217 Posts

Is there different classes to choose from for your character? Sorcery is fine and all but its nice to get up close and hit things in the face with a sword too.

I wasnt going to get this but it looks so good from the few vids i watched. Next question is PS4 or Xbone ? Are either one getting any exclusive content or early DLC ? What are the respective frame rates and resolutions?

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

My copies in the mail, can't wait. It'll be refreshing to play a game that's actually finished.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185 Ross_the_Boss6

@ominous_titan:

Yeah there's a good variety of classes including melee. I don't believe there's any exclusive content but the PS4 version has the higher resolution last I heard. You can't go wrong with either though.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186 dommeus

Have to wait til fucking Friday...

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By ominous_titan

@Ross_the_Boss6: thanks man, think im gonna fly home quick on my break and get this bad boy downloading

EDIT: not sure which system i'm going with ,hard drive on PS4 and Xbone are both quite full so i'll decide by which one i'll have to delete the least amount of games

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188 jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

@dommeus said:

Have to wait til fucking Friday...

Good Guy EA, knows that nobody will be working and studying for the rest of the week if Dragon Age Inquisition is released on Tuesday, schedules the release for Friday.

dommeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189 dommeus

@jhonMalcovich:

I was hoping that download codes might circumvent the delay in the EU release. I was wrong.

ominous_titan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190 ominous_titan

started download on ps4 , i wasnt going to get this but it looks really good and i need a good rpg fix

Shinobishyguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191 Shinobishyguy
Member since 2006 • 22928 Posts

Seriously I want some feedback in how the last gen versions fare. I know they aren't gonna be as pretty but are they atleast playable?

donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#192  Edited By donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

This is the sort of deep fantastical experience that makes me appreciate how much more compelling video games are than other mediums of entertainment. It's hard to beat a game that carries over choices from games you played several years ago. It's so good, I'll tolerate Origin. (Should be the tagline on the PC retail box.)

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#193  Edited By tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

All right, I started the Pre-load on PC Origin yesterday and took me 3 hours to download it on my laptob via Wi-Fi.

I'm currently running the game on Medium setting and I have to say Bioware is back in full fucking force.

I feel like compared to Dragon Age 2, the pace of the cutsscenes are very well concocted, although the quality of face animations remain kinda shitty as ever. With newer development tech tools, they've improved quite a bit, I will admit. For hardcore Dragon Age fans (such as me :p) ...this is a most welcomed and overdue improvement. With what little I've played, conversations seem believable now. But there's definitely more room for improvement. I will give Bioware a pass since they might have been restrained with Last-Gen assets.

Moving on, finally body animations are good. They feel realistic and dynamically smooth almost resembling the dynamic animations from Red Dead Redemption. Your Inquisitor will react to changes in the environment, running up in snowy terrain, coming down from mountains, falling from cliffs, etc. There's an animation for everything now an for Open world game of this caliber, it feels pretty bombastic being the Inquisitor.

My god, the soundtrack ----> one of the best things of this game. No doubt. Bioware absolutely knows how to capture the moment through epic soundtracks. Huge improvement from DA2 soul-less and plain forgetable original soundtracks. Rest assured, Immediately after beginning your adventures as the Inquisitor, the goosebumps will be real.

Graphics look jaw-dropping for an open world game. Especially with so much happening around you, physics wise. Although there are parts where you see how bringing this project to last-gen hardware costed them in the long run, the game is still a marvel to look at...again...considering its Open-world.

Combat is also a sizable improvement from DA2, donning a mesh of fast-pace action and immersive kind of action. As you get stronger, you see how your abilities can simply eradicate through hordes of enemies and with the new animation tech, its simply fantastic to look at. Tactical camera has been refined and made better (let me just get that out of the way). You feel the impact of hard-hitting spells and they look amazing in action. More than ever, being a Mage Inquisitor is so satisfying and engrossing. I haven't played around with other classes yet, but judging from Gaf reactions, they feel just as amazing. Its just that attacks look really great in action with newer physics tech and animation tech. Surely something one understands when you get to see it and feel it yourself in motion.

Aside from that, there's the usual little glitch hiccups that happens during some segments of the game. But they're very varied from what I've seen. Ofcourse there's been numerous reports of immersion breaking glitches (its happened to me), but its honestly nothing too big that warrants bitching.

I haven't tried multiplayer yet, but the single player portion of this game is legit, delivering.

I will post more impressions later as I advance through the game since I haven't even gotten to the Hinterlands yet to fight off Dragons and wild life, but for the love god, if you can't spend 60 bucks on Gamestop or cheat your way through Mexico Origin to get this fine ass installment of Dragon Age, REDBOX IT DOEEEEEEE.

You won't regret it.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#194 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts

@tonitorsi: Agreed. Got past the intro area and I'm already liking DA:I a lot. The graphics are very impressive, particularly for a cross-gen open world game, but this is Frostbite 3 after all. Facial animations still look fairly dated but whatever, they're at least slightly better than Mass Effect's.

Most importantly it's a very good PC port. I'm playing on a 3770k @4.2Ghz and a 970, and at max settings I'm able to hold a consistent 60 FPS at my monitor's native resolution of 1920x1200. Cutscenes are locked to 30 FPS but there are command parameters you can enter via Origin to raise the cap to 60 FPS (DO NOT apply it before you make a new character, though; you will glitch and end up in an exit-less area you can't leave after creating your Inquisitor. You can't play multiplayer with this fix either). I'm playing with a 360 controller and it's great, but what sucks is that you can't use the keyboard while you're using a 360 controller, i.e. the game doesn't let you switch between the two without changing the input method in the options menu.

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By Ross_the_Boss6

@tonitorsi:

Does the game have tactics you can set for party members like in DA:O?

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By tonitorsi

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

@tonitorsi:

Does the game have tactics you can set for party members like in DA:O?

Sorry for the late reply :p

But yeah, let me just flat out say right now before anybody gets their hopes up with this mechanic, the Tactics have been unfortunately downgraded.

Now, I only just got the Hinterlands and I'm not sure if this is going to change as you advance through the game, but as of right now I only got 4 measly slots of convoluted tactics to mess around with. Not only they've been downgraded / changed but you barely have half of the Tactics options from DA2 (forget DA:O).

You have the ability to set up when your Party should stop drinking Potions if you only have a few left for yourself...and I think what enemy should a Party member confront when "Controlled Player" gets attacked. Stuff lke that.

This is the trade off for implementing so much content to the game, to be honest.

Bioware basically wants you to use the Tactical Camera as your "go-to" Tactics. That's all there is to it.

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By tonitorsi

@princeofshapeir said:

@tonitorsi: Agreed. Got past the intro area and I'm already liking DA:I a lot. The graphics are very impressive, particularly for a cross-gen open world game, but this is Frostbite 3 after all. Facial animations still look fairly dated but whatever, they're at least slightly better than Mass Effect's.

Most importantly it's a very good PC port. I'm playing on a 3770k @4.2Ghz and a 970, and at max settings I'm able to hold a consistent 60 FPS at my monitor's native resolution of 1920x1200. Cutscenes are locked to 30 FPS but there are command parameters you can enter via Origin to raise the cap to 60 FPS (DO NOT apply it before you make a new character, though; you will glitch and end up in an exit-less area you can't leave after creating your Inquisitor. You can't play multiplayer with this fix either). I'm playing with a 360 controller and it's great, but what sucks is that you can't use the keyboard while you're using a 360 controller, i.e. the game doesn't let you switch between the two without changing the input method in the options menu.

Anybody getting glitchspot? Its been down for me since yesterday lol

The graphics are good, I agree on that front. Compared to DAII's grey and washed out colors, the versatility of colors in Dragon Age Inquisition is abundantly refreshing.

*Warning* for those graphics-savy folks, there are a lot of Object pop-ins. The terrain around you doesn't pop-in though, just little rocks and objects scattered around are the ones that go crazy popping in. I'm not bothered at all by these, which is why I did not pointed out these issues before. But for some people, you will be displeased by it.

I love and hate the fact that you have a 970 and runs so well, feeling pretty jealous over here :( . I had to turned down everything on Medium/Low on my laptop except Mesh Quality and how spells effects look and I'm getting 31-27 fps. And that's after downloading the latest Nvidia 344 driver update.

This game is very demanding.

I'm just going to get the Black Friday PS4 bundle and play this bad boy on there since I heard the PS4 version exceptionally beautiful. Probably plays the game on High settings with a frame rate locked on 30.

Gamepad /control options are pretty shitty, I agree. I had to seek support from the Origin forums to get my F310 Logitech gamepad to work lol.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#198 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

All i've played so far is co-op and holy shit it r*pes my PC-.- this sucks cuz i have to play with crappy FXAA or no AA at all and without aa its a jaggied mess. Playing with a Dualshock 4, couldn't stand kb/mouse controls.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9410 Posts

Confirmed action-rpg with controller-focused UI.

Everything in this game is amazing and very well done, except the UI and controls for PC. I guess they just never tested it without a controller. Too bad there are likely to be no mods either :(

Oh well still a great game, just not the proper CRPG that I'd hoped for, but I guess I half-expected that would be the case.

musalala

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#200 musalala
Member since 2008 • 3131 Posts

Can someone confirm the side missions, I fear it will be like Kingdoms of Amalur Massive huge world with really crappy generic side missions , I hear for 20 hours you just prancing around doing side missions ( reminds me of FFXIII's rubbish of 25 hours until game gets good) .Are the side missions any good or is it just artificial padding

Texas don't bother answering :)