Don't Rent Max Payne 3 From Redbox For Xbox 360

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18816 Posts

They did their research and they came to the conclusion that

"Since customer feedback has told us that many of our game customers like to test out titles before they buy them"

So this situation isn't that bad unless we assume the single player is very short as I think must redbox users beat games in that one rental day.

Online is still on that one disk anyway.

http://www.pressthebuttons.com/2012/05/dont-rent-max-payne-3-from-redbox-for-xbox-360.html

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
ok... (?)
Nohtnym

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nohtnym
Member since 2010 • 1552 Posts

Xbox 360 version has 2 disc. Redbox will only send disc 1, when you rent max payne 3.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

ok... (?)Nengo_Flow
tc forgot to mention that you cant beat the game becuase the sp is on 2 disc. its that bad.

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

Apparently redbox is run by a bunch of dumbasses that can't figure out how to make a 2 disk rental case.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 PSP107

Apparently redbox is run by a bunch of dumbasses that can't figure out how to make a 2 disk rental case.

topgunmv
lol
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Hahah I find this hilarious. Oh well, it's good for 360 gamers to know that DVD sucks.

tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tarzanell
Member since 2006 • 1503 Posts
Wouldn't this belong in the 360 forum?
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

Hahah I find this hilarious. Oh well, it's good for 360 gamers to know that DVD sucks.

Masenkoe

Yeah because Blu Ray has been soooo necessary in games these past 7 years.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

RR360DD

well, you know that when multiplats are being developed it's the lowest common denominator the one that limits the stuff for both platforms. In this case, the DVD9.... That's why on exclusive games like GT5 we have nascar, rally, drifting, weather effects, etc. while Forza 4 doesn't even has half the content yet is on 2 discs. And tons of devs from games like Rage, and Rockstar developers have complained about the DVD9's space limitation on multiple occasions.

I mean, there is no worse blind than the one that doesn't want to see. And google is free....

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

Gue1

well, you know that when multiplats are being developed it's the lowest common denominator the one that limits the stuff for both platforms. In this case, the DVD9.... That's why on exclusive games like GT5 we have nascar, rally, drifting, weather effects, etc. while Forza 4 doesn't even has half the content yet is on 2 discs. And tons of devs from games like Rage, and Rockstar developers have complained about the DVD9's space limitation on multiple occasions.

I mean, there is no worse blind than the one that doesn't want to see. And google is free....

Even if what you said is true and DVD is holding back multiplats (which you have no proof), that just further proves my point that it was completely unecessary. No point at all in Sony having it in the PS3 when the only devs who take advantage of it are 1st party. If they hadve launched the PS3 with DVD at a cheaper price, it would probably be way ahead of the 360 now in sales.

Oh and please don't bring Forza and GT up. Forza games have completey destroyed the GT franchise, content doesn't make a game great if that content is crap.

Tons of devs, and you name two? No, most devs have been prefectly satisfied with DVD this gen.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

Masenkoe

Well, i never had problem with DVD, on the cotrary waiting infitetly for the PS3 loading times and huge installs does get me furious every single time

I have lost half my gaming time waiting for the slow loading on PS3

I remember MGS4, where i must have gone through 10.000 loading screens and MID GAME INSTALLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only possible on PS3, MGS4 loaded levels as you moved ahead, Blu ray must be the worst thing that has appeared on consoles really, by miles

And having one disk instead of 2-3, what a garbage package would that make

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

loosingENDS

Well, i never had problem with DVD, on the cotrary waiting infitetly for the PS3 loading times and huge installs does get me furious every single time

I have lost half my gaming time waiting for the slow loading on PS3

I remember MGS4, where i must have gone through 10.000 loading screens and MID GAME INSTALLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Only possible on PS3, MGS4 loaded levels as you moved ahead, Blu ray must be the worst thing that has appeared on consoles really, by miles

And having one disk instead of 2-3, what a garbage package would that make

10 loading screens don't seem that bad :o
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PSP107

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

RR360DD

you can argue that Sony showed what blu ray can while toda's publisher care more about maximising their profits then putting out the best product.
BibiMaghoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 BibiMaghoo
Member since 2009 • 4018 Posts

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

RR360DD

Even if what you said is true and DVD is holding back multiplats (which you have no proof), that just further proves my point that it was completely unecessary. No point at all in Sony having it in the PS3 when the only devs who take advantage of it are 1st party. If they hadve launched the PS3 with DVD at a cheaper price, it would probably be way ahead of the 360 now in sales.

Oh and please don't bring Forza and GT up. Forza games have completey destroyed the GT franchise, content doesn't make a game great if that content is crap.

Tons of devs, and you name two? No, most devs have been prefectly satisfied with DVD this gen.

Dude, there are games on PS3 that would not have been possible without the storage space of Bluray. You know, games that are 40 - 50 Gb in size. That is ALOT of DVD's. So yeah, it kinda was needed.
MrJack3690

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrJack3690
Member since 2004 • 2227 Posts

[QUOTE="Masenkoe"]

RR360DD

It's a shame really, it could've been utilized for longer games with more content...Yet it's been for shorter games, with less content, but less compressed audio and video...

Juggernaut140

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Juggernaut140
Member since 2007 • 36011 Posts
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

BibiMaghoo

Dude, there are games on PS3 that would not have been possible without the storage space of Bluray. You know, games that are 40 - 50 Gb in size. That is ALOT of DVD's. So yeah, it kinda was needed.

40-50GB of uncompressed audio/cutscenes.
RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 RR360DD

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

BibiMaghoo

LOL every game on PS3 is completely possible without blu ray.

ps3theJT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ps3theJT
Member since 2010 • 1137 Posts

Iirc, LA Noire had all three disks when you rented from redbox. Still probably rent it for the ps3 anyways.

Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
[QUOTE="BibiMaghoo"] Dude, there are games on PS3 that would not have been possible without the storage space of Bluray. You know, games that are 40 - 50 Gb in size. That is ALOT of DVD's. So yeah, it kinda was needed.

I'd favour A LOT OF DVDs over hours of fvcking installation time.
savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts
[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

[QUOTE="Gue1"]

BibiMaghoo

most of thta is redundant data, its funny because ps3 benefits the most from compressed assets and the only thing that blu-ray has brought to the table is being able to uncompress the data. Also all those 40-50 GB games are completely doable on xbox on 3 dics, except for one game and thats due to the unnessary amounts of uncompressed audio/video... which leaves it at more of an HD movie then a game.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
Wouldn't this belong in the 360 forum?tarzanell
no, because now we can laugh at lems who can't even rent games properly.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PSP107

Iirc, LA Noire had all three disks when you rented from redbox. Still probably rent it for the ps3 anyways.

ps3theJT
It did?
SoulReaper1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SoulReaper1337
Member since 2008 • 27 Posts

No L A Noire was only on ps3 at its release date. you can check redbox.com they never did and never will have L A Noire for the Xbox 360

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60721 Posts
[QUOTE="tarzanell"]Wouldn't this belong in the 360 forum?BrunoBRS
no, because now we can laugh at lems who can't even rent games properly.

My thoughts exactly. TLHBFR.
PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 PSP107

No L A Noire was only on ps3 at its release date. you can check redbox.com they never did and never will have L A Noire for the Xbox 360

SoulReaper1337
But ps3theJT says otherwise.
Masenkoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#27 Masenkoe
Member since 2007 • 4897 Posts

Even if what you said is true and DVD is holding back multiplats (which you have no proof), that just further proves my point that it was completely unecessary.

RR360DD

Why would you EVER argue in favor of DVD? Why just why? I specifically remember watching videos with Team Bondi talking about how they had to work pretty hard to fit the Xbox version of LA Noire on three discs I thinkMcNamara said it was originally on 6 DVDs. If that's not holding back games I don't know what is.

I know this is a special case BUT STILL. Noteworthy to say the least.

Not to mention the other several games that use 2 discs.

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PSP107

[QUOTE="RR360DD"]

Even if what you said is true and DVD is holding back multiplats (which you have no proof), that just further proves my point that it was completely unecessary.

Masenkoe

Why would you EVER argue in favor of DVD? Why just why? I specifically remember watching videos with Team Bondi talking about how they had to work pretty hard to fit the Xbox version of LA Noire on three discs I thinkMcNamara said it was originally on 6 DVDs. If that's not holding back games I don't know what is.

I know this is a special case BUT STILL. Noteworthy to say the least.

Not to mention the other several games that use 2 discs.

Those game you mention are only multiplatform because of money. If it was all about producing a quality game, those games will be PS3 exclusive.