ScrollingLayers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ScrollingLayers
Member since 2015 • 632 Posts

It begins with Andy Eddy, editor in chief of Video Games & Computer Entertainment magazine.

But "true greatness" starts at just over a minute in.

Now Make SEGA Great Again.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Sony replaced SEGA and you don't need to make it great again because it has Knack 2.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

That was part of the excitement back then, console games being almost as good as what you found in the arcades. Now the setup I have at home obliterates whatever you can find in an arcade, things are so different today. Interesting video, I'm a fan of Altered beast and it was funny seeing it mentioned in a news report.

Avatar image for scrollinglayers
ScrollingLayers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ScrollingLayers
Member since 2015 • 632 Posts

Speaking of Altered Beast, a comparison of the Mega Drive / Genesis console conversion side-by-side with the System-16 arcade version.

Loading Video...

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

@Alucard_Prime said:

That was part of the excitement back then, console games being almost as good as what you found in the arcades. Now the setup I have at home obliterates whatever you can find in an arcade, things are so different today. Interesting video, I'm a fan of Altered beast and it was funny seeing it mentioned in a news report.

Exactly. The Genesis brought arcade quality into your home for an affordable price. I don't think we've had anywhere near the same excitement recently that we had during the Genesis and SNES days and that is unfortunate.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44066 Posts

@Solaryellow said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

Exactly. The Genesis brought arcade quality into your home for an affordable price. I don't think we've had anywhere near the same excitement recently that we had during the Genesis and SNES days and that is unfortunate.

Yep, old school gamers know the biggest dream back in the day was a perfect replica of the arcade game on a home console and for some time now the home console eclipsed what was available in the arcade. Gotta laugh (or cry) at these nubs who do nothing but complain about gaming these dayzzz. They haven't a clue how good they have it. :P

EDIT: Oh and yeah, Donaldus Magnus is likely the only one who could Make Sega Great Again !!! Perhaps after his second term he'll join Sega and do it. :P

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

@SecretPolice said:
@Solaryellow said:
@Alucard_Prime said:

Yep, old school gamers know the biggest dream back in the day was a perfect replica of the arcade game on a home console and for some time now the home console eclipsed what was available in the arcade. Gotta laugh (or cry) at these nubs who do nothing but complain about gaming these dayzzz. They haven't a clue how good they have it. :P

EDIT: Oh and yeah, Donaldus Magnus is likely the only one who could Make Sega Great Again !!! Perhaps after his second term he'll join Sega and do it. :P

Well back then home consoles gave you arcade like gaming for an affordable price. Now home consoles give you PC like gaming for an affordable price. It's still similar in a way.

Though I'd love to go back in time and buy all these classic consoles and games when they came out.

scoots9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#9 scoots9
Member since 2006 • 3505 Posts

Once Trump is done making anime real, he plans to release the Dreamcast 2.

FinalFighters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By FinalFighters
Member since 2013 • 3410 Posts

i didnt know trump was a sega fan...Now im glad i voted for him =p

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points