Does Nintendo deserve their current condition?

• 125 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Whistle_Blower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Does Nintendo deserve their current condition? (79 votes)

Yes 82%
No 18%

i think they were warned that would eventually happen.

No Caption Provided

Milking currently effective strategies without taking into consideration the possibility that those strategies will become ineffective in the future has never worked out well for anyone and yet they insisted on it. I think they deserve it. I have a lot more sympathy for them than I do for M$ but I think they deserve it.

• 
emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#101  Edited By emgesp
Member since 2004 • 7848 Posts

@mesome713 said:
@luckylucious said:
@nintendoboy16 said:
@whistle_blower said:

Sony should offer Nintendo a deal, where they can bring their flagship games to the PS4 and publish for free, making sure sony makes no profit aside from selling PS4s and nintendo gets all the income from them...that will destroy microsoft completely.

Uh... no. Have you forgotten what happened at CES 1991? That marks a day where those two will never work well at all.

yeah had they teamed up and Nintendo agreed to make the playstation... oh boy would we have a different gaming industry today/

Sure would have, Sony would have robbed Nintendo blind. The giant corporation tried to take advantage of the small guys and got played.

Yeah and Nintendo has been losing marketshare in terms of their dedicated home consoles ever since the Playstation was launched.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#102  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:
@luckylucious said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Uh... no. Have you forgotten what happened at CES 1991? That marks a day where those two will never work well at all.

yeah had they teamed up and Nintendo agreed to make the playstation... oh boy would we have a different gaming industry today/

Sure would have, Sony would have robbed Nintendo blind. The giant corporation tried to take advantage of the small guys and got played.

Yeah and Nintendo has been losing marketshare in terms of their dedicated home consoles ever since the Playstation was launched.

Except Wii of course, darn Wii always getting in the way. Thank goodness Nintendo has destroyed all other portable consoles though.

Whistle_Blower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 Whistle_Blower
Member since 2015 • 291 Posts

pretty intense thread so far. Now we know what system wars really think of nintendo

luckylucious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 luckylucious
Member since 2015 • 1198 Posts
@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:
@luckylucious said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

Except Wii of course, darn Wii always getting in the way. Thank goodness Nintendo has destroyed all other portable consoles though.

maybe had the Vita got the memory card issues and more games thing figured out it would've done a bit better. Also maybe it should've been called the PSP 2, a lot smoother on the tongue.

Vita has like a lot of indies.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@luckylucious said:
@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:
@luckylucious said:

maybe had the Vita got the memory card issues and more games thing figured out it would've done a bit better. Also maybe it should've been called the PSP 2, a lot smoother on the tongue.

Vita has like a lot of indies.

Didnt PSP have memory issues also?

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#106  Edited By Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19688 Posts

@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:
@luckylucious said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

It's a lot more complex than that. While the PS1 stole most of Nintendo's Japanese market share, it didn't make much difference in the West, since Nintendo had already lost most of its Western market share to Sega. Instead, PS1 stole most of Sega's market share, while Nintendo's market share remained largely the same as it was in the 16-bit era. It wasn't until the PS2 arrived that Nintendo actually started losing Western market share, before the Wii made a big comeback and took back most of their market share, and then Sony made a comeback and took back much of its market share. There was never any steady decline, but it's been mostly cyclical, like much of video game history.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 emgesp

@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:
@luckylucious said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

We both know that the original Wii's success was an outlier of a downward trend in sales. The Wii U proved this as it is the worst selling Nintendo home console. Though, there might eventually be a plateau of declining sales and you'll see Nintendo averaging 8 - 10 million units sold per generation. I can't ever see a Nintendo home console only selling 1 million units, unless the console is about as bad as the Virtual Boy.

Like you said, Nintendo has at least been able to continue dominating in terms of their handhelds.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By emgesp

@Jag85 said:
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:
@luckylucious said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

It's a lot more complex than that. While the PS1 stole most of Nintendo's Japanese market share, it didn't make much difference in the West, since Nintendo had already lost most of its Western market share to Sega. Instead, PS1 stole most of Sega's market share, while Nintendo's market share remained largely the same as it was in the 16-bit era. It wasn't until the PS2 arrived that Nintendo actually started losing Western market share, before the Wii made a big comeback and took back most of their market share, and then Sony made a comeback and took back much of its market share. There was never any steady decline, but it's been mostly cyclical, like much of video game history.

I'm talking worldwide sales, not specific regions. If we take out the original Wii, which found most of its success with casuals you'll see there has been a steady decline in sales.

NES = 60 million, SNES = 50 million, N64 = 33 million, Gamecube = 22 million, Wii U = 10 million and will probably peak at around 13 million. You have only one exception where a Nintendo home console didn't follow the downward drop off of sales. If the NX manages to sell better than the Wii U without relying on casuals then I'll change my tune.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@emgesp said:
@Jag85 said:
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:

I'm talking worldwide sales, not specific regions. If we take out the original Wii, which found most of its success with casuals you'll see there has been a steady decline in sales.

NES = 60 million, SNES = 50 million, N64 = 33 million, Gamecube = 22 million, Wii U = 10 million and will probably peak at around 13 million. You have only one exception where a Nintendo home console didn't follow the downward drop off of sales. If the NX manages to sell better than the Wii U without relying on casuals then I'll change my tune.

No you wont, youll claim NX is an outliner also. And that casuals are buying them. Wii U has more then half Gamecube sales and its been out half the time the Gamecube has without the super cheap price, massive price drops, and insane third party support. But we still dont know whether the core base is growing or shrinking. Their game sales are still amazing, even with close to 11 million consoles sold. So we can say their casual base is shrinking can we not?

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By emgesp

@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@Jag85 said:
@emgesp said:

No you wont, youll claim NX is an outliner also. And that casuals are buying them. Wii U has more then half Gamecube sales and its been out half the time the Gamecube has without the super cheap price, massive price drops, and insane third party support. But we still dont know whether the core base is growing or shrinking. Their game sales are still amazing, even with close to 11 million consoles sold. So we can say their casual base is shrinking can we not?

No I won't. I actually want to see the NX succeed with hardcore gamers, but if Nintendo just makes it another Mario Box then it won't take off.

Also, Wii U doesn't have more than half of Gamecube's sales. Wii U = 10.8 million units shipped, Gamecube = 22 million. sold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@Jag85 said:

No I won't. I actually want to see the NX succeed with hardcore gamers, but if Nintendo just makes it another Mario Box then it won't take off.

Also, Wii U doesn't have more than half of Gamecube's sales. Wii U = 10.8 million units shipped, Gamecube = 22 million. sold

Well guess what, it will be another Mario Box. And yes it does, back in September Wii U sold 10.73 million, half of Gamecube is 10.87 million, and thanks to Oct, Nov, and Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Wii U has passed that mark.

And again, Wii U didnt need low price and massive price cuts or crazy third party support the do so. Nintendo did it own their own. Mario did that shat.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 emgesp

@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@Jag85 said:

Well guess what, it will be another Mario Box. And yes it does, back in September Wii U sold 10.73 million, half of Gamecube is 10.87 million, and thanks to Oct, Nov, and Black Friday, Cyber Monday, Wii U has passed that mark.

And again, Wii U didnt need low price and massive price cuts or crazy third party support the do so. Nintendo did it own their own. Mario did that shat.

Its a moot point since it won't sell close to what the Gamecube sold overall.

Well, if the NX is just going to be another Mario box then don't expect it to sell very well. Its gonna be another flop without strong third party support.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@emgesp: It will sell more then Gamecube. The Mario Box will sell and will get third party support. The Market is hungry for a Mario box, they are getting bored of their old tablet and phone gaming, they want something else.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#114 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

No, after Gamecube they should been 3party developer like Sega.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts

@mesome713 said:
@Solaryellow said:

Casuals did not purchase the N64, GCN or Wii U in any capacity similar to the Wii and even NES. Something tells me you don't have the slightest idea what separates casuals from core.

Every discussion pertaining to Nintendo has you moving the goal posts each and every time your opinion is countered with fact. People have moved on. Period. The core base that started in 1986 (here in the states) is a mere figment today.

Im saying you have no way of telling who is casual and who is core. Im not moving the goal posts, im taking you out of field goal range.

Provided one knows the definition(s) of a core gamer and one who is casual, we can absolutely look at each Nintendo system and determine who was the intended target. From there we can ascertain quite a bit of information.

You are moving the goal posts. Why? First you argue that Nintendo doesn't lose console races although facts are always presented now you are arguing core/casual nonsense. Misdirection is what I call it. Nintendo has lost gamers starting with the SNES and only gained back a good portion with the casuals playing the Wii. Like a broken record, the Wii U has fallen back on the path of mediocracy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@Solaryellow said:
@mesome713 said:
@Solaryellow said:

Casuals did not purchase the N64, GCN or Wii U in any capacity similar to the Wii and even NES. Something tells me you don't have the slightest idea what separates casuals from core.

Every discussion pertaining to Nintendo has you moving the goal posts each and every time your opinion is countered with fact. People have moved on. Period. The core base that started in 1986 (here in the states) is a mere figment today.

Im saying you have no way of telling who is casual and who is core. Im not moving the goal posts, im taking you out of field goal range.

Provided one knows the definition(s) of a core gamer and one who is casual, we can absolutely look at each Nintendo system and determine who was the intended target. From there we can ascertain quite a bit of information.

You are moving the goal posts. Why? First you argue that Nintendo doesn't lose console races although facts are always presented now you are arguing core/casual nonsense. Misdirection is what I call it. Nintendo has lost gamers starting with the SNES and only gained back a good portion with the casuals playing the Wii. Like a broken record, the Wii U has fallen back on the path of mediocracy.

That goodness for the Wii then, it would have been a downhill slope otherwise. Heres to NX to bring that incline back up.

Whistle_Blower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117 Whistle_Blower
Member since 2015 • 291 Posts

I wonder what it is that sends nintendo cowering from making powerful hardware to bring 3rd party support. It can't be that they're worried about keeping things affordable...their crappy hardware still end up costing a lot

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By demon-returns
Member since 2007 • 1451 Posts

@mesome713: yo mesome my friend, buddy... You're NOT just drinking kool aid here but drinking half a cup full of sugar with that kool aid.

I think the day Nintendo goes down, you'd seriously need to be kept under a 48hr suicide watch...... At that point life would no longer be worth living for you.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@demon-returns: Would be true, if Nintendo goes down, ill be done with gaming. Ill just retire and go play golf or surf everyday. Speaking of surfing, i would love for Nintendo to make a waterproof handheld device i can play while waiting on waves.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By demon-returns

@mesome713: if I was a girl I'd love to have a man like you because I know once I earn your trust and loyalty you'll be mine for life! But then again I'd be more worried that you'd have more love for Nintendo than for me..... Maybe if I dressed up as princess peach every night.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@demon-returns: Youd have to dress up as strawberry shortcake to please me.

demon-returns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 demon-returns

@mesome713: now that would just be taking it toooo far....... I'd settle on Daisy and nothing less

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By emgesp

@mesome713 said:

@emgesp: It will sell more then Gamecube. The Mario Box will sell and will get third party support. The Market is hungry for a Mario box, they are getting bored of their old tablet and phone gaming, they want something else.

The Wii U is not gonna sell more than the Gamecube. The thing is gonna peak at around 13 - 15 million tops.

People are not bored with their tablets/phone gaming. People are playing on them as much as ever. Its just way too damn convenient for casuals for them to give it up. Nintendo cannot match that convenience of one device that does it all.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170

@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:

The Wii U is not gonna sell more than the Gamecube. The thing is gonna peak at around 13 - 15 million tops.

People are not bored with their tablets/phone gaming. People are playing on them as much as ever. Its just way too damn convenient for casuals for them to give it up. Nintendo cannot match that convenience of one device that does it all.

O yes they can. They can give them quality over oversaturation. And Wii U will hit 13 million by the end of this year.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By emgesp

@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:

O yes they can. They can give them quality over oversaturation. And Wii U will hit 13 million by the end of this year.

The Wii U is not gonna hit 13 million by the end of 2015. There are no big games that came out during the holiday season.

Lastly, casuals care more about convenience than quality. Nothing is gonna bring them back to dedicated consoles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 deactivated-58ce94803a170

@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:
@emgesp said:
@mesome713 said:

The Wii U is not gonna hit 13 million by the end of 2015. There are no big games that came out during the holiday season.

Lastly, casuals care more about convenience than quality. Nothing is gonna bring them back to dedicated consoles.

Youll be in for a surprise.

emgesp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 emgesp

@mesome713:

LOL, you keep dreaming.