Does Killzone 2 have bigger scale and more dynamic lighting than Fable 2 ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 obamanian
Member since 2008 • 3351 Posts

I have not seen a single big level in KZ2, and the lighting is not anywhere as dynamic as Fable 2 dynamic shadowed light beams

Maybe i missed a secret level in the game that rivals Fable 2 visually ? I played to the end boss, and found none

theSADmafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#2 theSADmafioso
Member since 2008 • 482 Posts

Nah, Fable 2 is just too awesome. Fable 2 >>>>>>>> Crysis.

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 obamanian

theSADmafioso

Nope, but is >>>> KZ2 by miles

Crysis is open and has dynamic lighting, so beats Fable 2, but KZ2 has nothing of both kinds

Also Fable 2 has better AI, since it has far more NPC's on screen, all interacting

theSADmafioso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#4 theSADmafioso
Member since 2008 • 482 Posts

[QUOTE="theSADmafioso"]

obamanian

Crysis is open and has dynamic lighting, so beats Fable 2, but KZ2 has nothing of both kinds

Also Fable 2 has better AI, since it has far more NPC's on screen, all interacting

Yeah, Killzone 2 is pretty much like playing inside a square with some lightining and bad textures not to mention that you're fighting four enemies at a time. Even then the AI is weak. It's sad how much Killzone 2 sucks.

kendrene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 kendrene
Member since 2008 • 464 Posts

I think it's hard to compare such different games- but from what I've noticed playing both: fable 2 has bigger levels, which is obvious since it's an open world rpg and lights effect are sometimes better than those of KZ2. KZ2 has a very different palette of colors, and smoke and explosions look awesome. Since it's a somewhat linear fps the levels are smaller, but very detailed aside from a few textures I found a little grainy. Physics is better in KZ2, characters and facial expressions are better though the story is very lame and the same could be said for Fable 2 (about the lame plot)

I think they are both good games with their pros and cons and of course the devs had different goals in mind when they programmed them so they used graphics differently to achieve them.

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 obamanian

[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="theSADmafioso"]

theSADmafioso

Yeah, Killzone 2 is pretty much like playing inside a square with some lightining and bad textures not to mention that you're fighting four enemies at a time. Even then the AI is weak. It's sad how much Killzone 2 sucks.

That is exactly the case

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 obamanian

I think it's hard to compare such different games- but from what I've noticed playing both: fable 2 has bigger levels, which is obvious since it's an open world rpg and lights effect are sometimes better than those of KZ2. KZ2 has a very different palette of colors, and smoke and explosions look awesome. Since it's a somewhat linear fps the levels are smaller, but very detailed aside from a few textures I found a little grainy. Physics is better in KZ2, characters and facial expressions are better though the story is very lame and the same could be said for Fable 2 (about the lame plot)

I think they are both good games with their pros and cons and of course the devs had different goals in mind when they programmed them so they used graphics differently to achieve them.

kendrene

Indeed, both have their advantages, i just don't get why people hype KZ2 visuals, just because they are on PS3 i guess and hyped to heaven and back

It is veru strange though, after all the advertising of KZ2 lighting engine, i expected at the very least real dynamic light beams like Fable 2 has, and unfortunatly got nothing of that kind

Maybe they should hire Lionhead team to do the lighting engine for them, would have come cheaper too

kendrene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kendrene

[QUOTE="kendrene"]

obamanian

Indeed, both have their advantages, i just don't get why people hype KZ2 visuals, just because they are on PS3 i guess and hyped to heaven and back

I'd say cause the game was hyped so much that even saying that it is very good but not great would be perceived as a failure. And I am absolutely not bashing it.

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 obamanian

[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="kendrene"]

kendrene

I'd say cause the game was hyped so much that even saying that it is very good but not great would be perceived as a failure. And I am absolutely not bashing it.

Indeed, seems like any sense of logicis lost with hype

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

Do you mean Volumetric Lighting?

And does Fable 2 have destructible environments?

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 obamanian

Do you mean Volumetric Lighting?

And does Fable 2 have destructible environments?

Rikusaki

Yes, KZ2 beats Fable 2 in destructible environments, i NEVER said otherwise

Also i have played KZ2, so i know its effect first hand now

You seem to confuse a lens flare effect with dynamic shadowed ligths, that beam in the back is a static beam, not dynamic, the lens effect is dynamic, and has nothing to do with the volumetric light, it is just a post effect

Fable 2 has real dynamic volumetric beams, that filter in geometry and move with the sun, KZ2 only has static faked volums of light, like any old gen game can easilly have

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 obamanian

No it doesn't have destructible environments, I think they were never contemplated by Lionhead. These 2 games are so different that you can't really compare them in terms of graphics.

kendrene

But that is the point, why does everyone say KZ2 has the "best visuals", when clearly has only advantages and disadvantages comparing to other great looking titles ?

Thus could never be the "best looking" console game

Avatar image for gerard-williams
gerard-williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 gerard-williams
Member since 2006 • 359 Posts
oh dear....fable 2 is nothing impressive at all, the textures are bland and look very average along with the rest of the game, I actually really liked fable 2s gameplay but hyping it for it's graphics is just full of fail
kendrene

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kendrene

[QUOTE="kendrene"]

No it doesn't have destructible environments, I think they were never contemplated by Lionhead. These 2 games are so different that you can't really compare them in terms of graphics.

obamanian

But that is the point, why does everyone say KZ2 has the "best visuals", when clearly has only advantages and disadvantages comparing to other great looking titles ?

I completely get your point, you can say it is the best at what it does (fps) but not the best overall.

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 obamanian

[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="kendrene"]

kendrene

I completely get your point, you can say it is the best at what it does (fps) but not the best overall.

Indeed,i can give it best animation, shading and physics, but in everything else its superiorityis debatable

Even in shooters, Gears 2 does some things like textures and scale/detail a lot better i think

gamewhat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 gamewhat
Member since 2007 • 926 Posts

Wow TC....... I've heard a lot of mumboo jumboo in my day but to compare fable 2 to killzone 2........mmmmm, mmmmm, mmmmmm. Somebody is definately delusional and it definetly isn't me. I guess each to their own and if it makes you feel better then go for it. I do suggest that in the near future you pick a better game than fable 2 to compare though because it's embarrassing to the gaming community. Even kinda embarrassed me :|

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
Killzone 2 is visually waaaaay ahead of Fable 2. And this is coming from someone who's put 15+ hours into Fable 2 over the last couple of days. Not to mention Fable 2 can have a poor framerate, screen tearing, an endless amount of 20 second loading screens, an annoying lagginess when you pause the game or try to navigate menus, etc. I like Fable 2 a lot but it could have used more polish and its graphics do not rival Killzone 2. Which is an odd comparison anyway.
death919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

#19 death919
Member since 2004 • 4724 Posts
I disagree, I think that Donkey Kong is better.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
I'm out of words, i really am. I really don't know what to say in these threads of yours...
Malta_1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Malta_1980
Member since 2008 • 11890 Posts

I have not seen a single big level in KZ2, and the lighting is not anywhere as dynamic as Fable 2 dynamic shadowed light beams

Maybe i missed a secret level in the game that rivals Fable 2 visually ? I played to the end boss, and found none

obamanian

dont worry enjoy the leaves in Fable 2, while other play the better game which is Killzone2 :)

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 obamanian

Killzone 2 is visually waaaaay ahead of Fable 2. And this is coming from someone who's put 15+ hours into Fable 2 over the last couple of days. Not to mention Fable 2 can have a poor framerate, screen tearing, an endless amount of 20 second loading screens, an annoying lagginess when you pause the game or try to navigate menus, etc. I like Fable 2 a lot but it could have used more polish and its graphics do not rival Killzone 2. Which is an odd comparison anyway.Floppy_Jim

How is it "waaaay" better, when it has way smaller levels, way less dynamic lighting, way less NPC's on screen, way less objects around, no forests etc etc ?

KZ2 is way worst looking than Fable 2 for me, easilly and this coming from someone that played KZ2 fully a few days back

jon_cia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jon_cia
Member since 2004 • 680 Posts

I doubt very much that the tc has played Killzone 2.

kaangonultas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 kaangonultas
Member since 2008 • 1647 Posts
kz2 doesnt have small levels. This is BS.
jonesy1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jonesy1911
Member since 2003 • 3483 Posts
Fable 2 haha joh on, fable 2 looks decent, i remember one dude here that was claiming fable 2 to be the second coming of christ; but it's just a decent looking game.
jon_cia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jon_cia

heres a couple of quotes from various credible review sites about killzone 2's visuals

ign

http:// au.ps3.ign. com/articles /949/949161p1.html

Much of this is driven by the incredible presentation of the title, which makes you feel like you've fallen into the middle of a warzone. Guerrilla has managed to make a technical masterpiece for the system that first-person shooters on the PS3 will be judged by from here on out

The lighting effects within Killzone 2 are incredible, primarily because everything from a Helghast's illuminated eyes to the lights on a soldier's uniform casts some amount of light. The kinetic movements that you get from Helghast troops as you shoot one ensures that each death will be unique and wildly varied based on what you used to eliminate that soldier.

Gamespot

http:// au.gamespot. com/ps3/action /killzone2/review.html

That action is enhanced by groundbreaking visuals that elevate Killzone 2 to the head of its **** Both technically and artistically, this is a real stunner. You'll first notice the obvious expressions of its technical prowess: environments jam-packed with objects and textured architectural details, pipes and crumbling rebar jutting from dilapidated buildings, and gorgeous lighting that drenches market squares and sandy battlefields with an incandescent glow. As you peel away the visual layers, your appreciation will only grow. Soldier animations are the best in the genre: Enemies move so fluidly during battle, and shift from cover to firing stance so smoothly, it's clear that meticulous attention was given to making each limb move authentically. Even the smallest details are striking. Raging fires react to the wind as it blows through the level, lightning flashes across the gloomy skies, and billows of smoke so thick you could choke on them cloud your view--but never so much as to be a gameplay annoyance.

These visuals coalesce beautifully to give Killzone 2 a cohesive look that relies as much on its art design as it does on its technology. A subtle grain filter, a good amount of motion blur, and deep color saturation give most levels a dank, overcast ambience, and asymmetrical architecture and other small stylistic touches make Helghan feel more like a grim alternate-universe Earth than a completely foreign world.

1up

http://www.1up. com/do/ reviewP age?cId=3172594&p=37

Killzone 2 is a visual powerhouse that offers a grounded and "realistic" take on futuristic warfare. From fighting your way through shantytowns while lightning storms rage overhead to avoiding sniper fire during vicious dust storms, brutality has never been this beautiful.

with its unparalleled graphics, incredibly well-paced single-player campaign and in-depth multiplayer offerings, Killzone 2 has established its place among top-tier console shooters. Expectations on Killzone 2 had reached ridiculous proportions; here's one of those cases where the game actually lived up to them.

Game revolution

http://www.gamerevolution. com/review /ps3/killzone_ps3

On audio-visual qualities, this title is, bar none, the best-looking game I have seen on the current generation of consoles. Everything, from the environment to the enemy soldiers, has a visual clarity that will easily floor most gamers; this is honestly the first game where I spent a good amount of time watching dust waft in the breeze, because the visuals are just that impressive.

Game focus

http://www.gamefocus .ca/?nav=review Card&fid=4779

There's no game out there that can match Killzone 2. Since the beginning of the next-gen era, few games have excelled in this area. The Playstation 3 has already shown tidbits of its power with games like Resistance: Fall of Man, Uncharted, Heavenly Sword and Metal Gear Solid 4. Killzone 2 delivers a breathtaking visual experience like no other game has ever done before. Add to that the grandiose environments, the nicely rendered character models and the great level design, the game literally stomps any other game in this department. Some of the battles, especially near the end of the game, are simply a joy to see and experience. Seeing the horde of Helghast attacking you from all directions, explosions everywhere... I could go for hours and talk to you about the visuals in this game but it would easier for me if I told you to experience it for yourself.

PSGamerforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 PSGamerforlife
Member since 2009 • 862 Posts

[QUOTE="Floppy_Jim"]Killzone 2 is visually waaaaay ahead of Fable 2. And this is coming from someone who's put 15+ hours into Fable 2 over the last couple of days. Not to mention Fable 2 can have a poor framerate, screen tearing, an endless amount of 20 second loading screens, an annoying lagginess when you pause the game or try to navigate menus, etc. I like Fable 2 a lot but it could have used more polish and its graphics do not rival Killzone 2. Which is an odd comparison anyway.obamanian

How is it "waaaay" better, when it has way smaller levels, way less dynamic lighting, way less NPC's on screen, way less objects around, no forests etc etc ?

KZ2 is way worst looking than Fable 2 for me, easilly and this coming from someone that played KZ2 fully a few days back

Its funny how you keep saying KZ2 has small levels, small amount of objects and a small amount of enemies on screen at once...

stop shooting your self in the foot with that nonsense.

BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BoloTheGreat
Member since 2008 • 3483 Posts

Fable 2 looks worse than a lot of games, like Uncharted for instance, or Gears of war 1 and 2, or mass effect, or RE 5, or MGS 4, or Bioshock, or both STAKLER games (which incidentally DO have lighting on a HUGE scale) so why would you pit it against KZ2 which does (well Gears 2 is close) have the best Grapics on consoes?

Screenshot time!

Fable II Screenshot

Vs

Killzone 2 Picture

and for good measure

(SoC)

http://img123.imageshack.us/img123/8922/ssadministrador02260815bh2.jpg

and

Image 16

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 obamanian

I'm confused here, is the TC really trying to argue that Fable 2 looks better than KZ2? Wow, what a tool.

And to answer your question, Killzone 2 beats Fable 2 graphically in every area possible. Doesn't even warrant a discussion.

Archaic8

Fable 2 has huge scale levels, like 10x bigger than anything in KZ2 tiny spaces, also bigger object numbers on screen (forests anyone ?)

= Win #1

Fable 2 has 50+ NPCs on screen, with AI to interact with = win #2

Fable 2 has REAL dynamic lighting system, and volumetric dynamic lights, KZ2 only static faked volums = win #3

Of course there is nothing to discuss, Fable 2 is huge, and with better real next gen lighting

Both have some mediocre textures though

So, you will first have to explain why KZ2 is better, when it is so far behindin almost every aspect, especially the scale and lighting

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19214ec908b
deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
Member since 2007 • 25072 Posts

killzone 2>>>>>>>>>>>>>Fable 2

The lighting on killzone 2 is better, the physics are better, The A.I is better, The levels are more detailed, i perfer the art style, the animations are better and for a FPS the levels are a good size.

HAZE-Unit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 HAZE-Unit
Member since 2007 • 10564 Posts

I agree Fable 2 lighting is better than Killzone 2 and don't forget in your dreams.

I mean Assassins Creed and Grand Theft Auto IV are both better looking games than Fable 2.

oh and don't forget flower, it has 30000 3D dynamic foliage running realtime, can you beat that?

Lab392

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Lab392
Member since 2006 • 6217 Posts

Obamanian, You've stated your opinions concerning Fable 2's graphics several times over the past several months, and you have yet to persuade others to agree with you. What is your motivation? Why do you continue to make these threads when history shows that at the most one or two people will agree with your stance?

PSGamerforlife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 PSGamerforlife
Member since 2009 • 862 Posts

[QUOTE="Archaic8"]

I'm confused here, is the TC really trying to argue that Fable 2 looks better than KZ2? Wow, what a tool.

And to answer your question, Killzone 2 beats Fable 2 graphically in every area possible. Doesn't even warrant a discussion.

obamanian

Fable 2 has huge scale levels, like 10x bigger than anything in KZ2 tiny spaces, also bigger object numbers on screen (forests anyone ?)

= Win #1

Fable 2 has 50+ NPCs on screen, with AI to interact with = win #2

Fable 2 has REAL dynamic lighting system, and volumetric dynamic lights, KZ2 only static faked volums = win #3

Of course there is nothing to discuss, Fable 2 is huge, and with better real next gen lighting

Both have some mediocre textures though

So, you will first have to explain why KZ2 is better, when it is so far behindin almost every aspect, especially the scale and lighting

No, no and no. For the 100th time, your fake facts are far from it.

There is hardly any 'win' there at all.

And no one else could be any more wrong about KZ2 if they tried..

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Fable 2

Fable II Screenshot

Killzone 2

Killzone 2 Screenshot

Killzone 2 is the better game

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 obamanian

Obamanian, You've stated your opinions concerning Fable 2's graphics several times over the past several months, and you have yet to persuade others to agree with you. What is your motivation? Why do you continue to make these threads when history shows that at the most one or two people will agree with your stance?

Lab392

Well, it is not that i have got a single answer to what i am asking yet

The question is simple, how can KZ2 look better, when it has 1/10 the scale, no forests, and no dynamic volumetric lighting, that Fable 2 has

When a single, real, backed upanswer to that is given, of course i will have no reason to keep asing it

I am just curious to see if i willever get that answer though, freom someone with a real argument

navstar29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 navstar29
Member since 2004 • 4036 Posts
Yeah I mean I don't understand why anyone in their right mind could like any other genre other than RPGs. I mean come on killing people with guns and ish in the first person, how much fun is that? I mean choosing to be different classes and working as a team with a bunch of people to complete objectives, thats so 6 gens ago. I mean hit detection, what a lame "feature", If I shoot someone in the leg I expect them to die the same way as if I shoot them in the arm or the face. Cover? wth is this real life? I don't need cover i'm in a bloody video game. 32 person online? lame 2 is where its at. And don't even start me on the pathetic textures in the game, the game was so boring, I started scrutinizing the textures cause I had nothing better to do with my life, and man are the textures horrible, Sonic 3 on my genesis had better textures than that garbage.

And the lighting ... wow, what a pathetic attempt at lighting, why do you have to make it look so real? If I wanna see real lighting, I'll turn on a light, or I'll look outside.

Like seriously what is wrong with people, that just can't see this: Leaves > Fable 2 >>>>>>>>>> God >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all other non-RPGs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5b19214ec908b
[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="Lab392"]

The question is simple, how can KZ2 look better, when it has 1/10 the scale, no forests, and no dynamic volumetric lighting, that Fable 2 has

When a single, real, backed upanswer to that is given, of course i will have no reason to keep asing it

I am just curious to see if i willever get that answer though, freom someone with a real argument

It doesnt need to be large to be good (i hope that didnt sound wierd)
SpinoRaptor24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 143

#39 SpinoRaptor24
Member since 2008 • 10316 Posts

[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="Lab392"]

toast_burner

It doesnt need to be large to be good (i hope that didnt sound wierd)

Must...resist...posting...dirty...comment...

jon_cia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 jon_cia

Open world FPS dont always work, just look at the dissapointing Farcry 2, the focussed action packed set pieces of Killzone 2 really make the game shine.

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 obamanian

Fable 2

Killzone 2

Killzone 2 Screenshot

Killzone 2 is the better game

toast_burner

Fable 2 is the better looking game by far, from those pics

BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BoloTheGreat

http://img372.imageshack.us/img372/2863/fable220080513085832901ez3.jpg

Image 1

errrrrm.... no

BoloTheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 BoloTheGreat

And the killzone pic is from the multiplayer part of the game which historically doesnt look as good as single player.

jon_cia

Well i had to pwn him completely, that's actually quite a bad shot of KZ2 its a very low quality JPEG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-5b19214ec908b

Please just look at the pictures

the amout of detail on the helghast, the lighting as the helghast jumps the wall and the smoke from the explosions. the amount of detail in killzone 2beats fable 2

Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Slambo86
Member since 2009 • 912 Posts

[QUOTE="obamanian"]

[QUOTE="theSADmafioso"]

theSADmafioso

LOL, come back when you have PLAYED K2.
Slambo86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Slambo86
Member since 2009 • 912 Posts
oh and TC, why bother? K2 wins.
thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts

Lets look at some non-biassed screenshots....

obamanian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 obamanian

oh and TC, why bother? K2 wins. Slambo86

Does it have bigger levels ? Nope

Does it have real dynamic volumetric lighting ? Nope

So, how does i win ?