Does anyone still care about FF15?

  • 111 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by kemar7856 (11507 posts) -

It looks amazing based on the trailers but I feel like its going to mess up in some way

#2 Posted by Krelian-co (11155 posts) -

well i care, played enough games in the franchise to forgive them for a couple bad entries.

#3 Posted by Mr-Kutaragi (1967 posts) -

Yes I think many gamer are worried that with multiplat quality will suffer that happen with 13.

#4 Edited by chessmaster1989 (29373 posts) -

One of the games I'm most excited about.

#5 Edited by Nengo_Flow (9807 posts) -

SE = lulz

FF= is poo poo

Why people continue to fall for FF bullshit, is beyond me

#6 Posted by GhettoBlastin92 (1147 posts) -

Long as its better than the past disappointing FF games with lightning.

#7 Posted by kemar7856 (11507 posts) -

@Nengo_Flow: idk the 8 year development has me curious

#8 Posted by Nengo_Flow (9807 posts) -

@kemar7856 said:

@Nengo_Flow: idk the 8 year development has me curious

Curious of what? just how shitty it will be?

#9 Posted by da_illest101 (7520 posts) -

It's the game I'm looking forward the most. Sure 13 was crap and 13-2 was forgettable, but I never was that excited for the 13 series before they came out

#10 Posted by good_sk8er7 (4322 posts) -

I always care about Final Fantasy.

#11 Posted by crimsonman1245 (4253 posts) -

I've never wanted a game so badly.

#12 Edited by lundy86_4 (43514 posts) -

Really excited... Assuming they don't f*ck it up... See FF lately.

#13 Posted by hiphops_savior (7939 posts) -

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Don't deny it, FF13's trailer looked dazzling.

#14 Posted by finalfantasy94 (26567 posts) -

i am.

#15 Posted by chessmaster1989 (29373 posts) -
@Nengo_Flow said:

SE = lulz

FF= is poo poo

Why people continue to fall for FF bullshit, is beyond me

Because IX X and XII are three of the best games ever made.

#16 Posted by -Unreal- (24544 posts) -

Well Final Fantasy 11, 13, 13-2, 14 and probably lightning returns are all quite poor games. So I don't have high expectations for 15, especially with what's been shown so far.

#17 Posted by Vatusus (4677 posts) -

After XIII I didnt care but then the E3 trailer made me excited again. Hope SE delivers

#18 Posted by stereointegrity (10731 posts) -

SQUARE ENIX cares more about cgi cut scene then they do actual game story and gameplay

#19 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Yes I am looking forward to it.

#20 Posted by Gue1 (10186 posts) -

@hiphops_savior said:

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

Don't deny it, FF13's trailer looked dazzling.

true but this game is being made by a completely different team and Nomura is the designer and director too. If it ends up bad then this would be Nomura's first bad game in years. In fact, every single of his games have been well received by both the press and fans.

#21 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

Honestly the setting and combat looks like it'll be really interesting. It has me intrigued for the game.

#22 Edited by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

I'll be excited for Final Fantasy until the day Square stops making the series.

And yeah, I enjoyed FFXIII. Bite me.

#23 Posted by no-scope-AK47 (2806 posts) -

Looks pimp the new engine is sick.

#24 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

@DarkLink77: Wait you did? Really?? You of all people liked FF13? That surprises me, to say the least.

#25 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

@DarkLink77: Wait you did? Really?? You of all people liked FF13? That surprises me, to say the least.

Literally every problem that game has is due to its linearity. Every single one. No towns, which hurts the pacing, so you're in combat all the time, which makes it hard to tell the story without resorting to the datalog to explain things. In addition, no downtime for the characters means less development, and more of it has to come in small moments scattered along the way.

That said, if you approach the game and accept it for what it is, it's pretty fun. Excellent combat system, a decent cast (I really like Sazh, Lightning, Fang, and Snow), and it's gorgeous and has an interesting setting. And the music is really good.

It's not perfect, and it's definitely not in the top tier of FF titles, but it's a solid game in its own right.

#26 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

@DarkLink77: Oh I totally agree, I'm just saying I was surprised that you liked it :P

Surprisingly, the only character I can't stand is Snow, simply because his story is that he has a hero complex. Vannille, while obnoxious, actually has a great story behind her character. Everyone else had their own reasons for fighting, too, aside from Snow, who, like I said, has a hero complex. But yeah I dig the combat, although I'm stuck on chapter 12... I suppose I should go back and try to finish the game soon, it's been a while since I played it.

#27 Posted by Jankarcop (9612 posts) -

Crappy anime filth

#28 Posted by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

I care quite a lot and I will most likely not be buying a ps4 or xbone until it is close to release. I am a big fan of Tetsuya Nomura and I would like a good FF (I actually liked 13 despite the flaws but 13-2 was garbage) Hopefully it does not disappoint or I will really fear for the future of FF

#29 Posted by Zassimick (6615 posts) -

Versus used to be my most anticipated game for quite some time, but after little information year after year I just started to get angry. Now, with it becoming FFXV I know that it will be coming sometime soon and I am getting more and more excited.

But I really refuse to support Square-Enix's practices with this game so I'll be waiting a while after the game is released to purchase it used. Even though in the grand scheme it may not matter, I don't want to give my money to a company who left me dissatisfied for so long.

#30 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

@DarkLink77: Oh I totally agree, I'm just saying I was surprised that you liked it :P

Surprisingly, the only character I can't stand is Snow, simply because his story is that he has a hero complex. Vannille, while obnoxious, actually has a great story behind her character. Everyone else had their own reasons for fighting, too, aside from Snow, who, like I said, has a hero complex. But yeah I dig the combat, although I'm stuck on chapter 12... I suppose I should go back and try to finish the game soon, it's been a while since I played it.

I like Snow for two reasons.

1. Troy Baker.

2. His character arc is interesting to me. Yeah, he's got a hero complex, but the game constantly throws that back in his face because he fails so much over the course of the story. So it's interesting watching him try to adapt to that. I haven't heard him use the word "hero" in a while.

I haven't finished it either. I just beat Bathandelus, but I want to keep playing. It's got me hooked.

#31 Edited by lamprey263 (24130 posts) -

it will depend on whether it remains exclusive or not, if it were exclusive then cows will say it's an 11/10 and masturbate to it every night before bed, if it goes multiplatform then it will need to thrive on its own merits

I'm not stoked at all, not like I am for the release of Persona 5, but I might enjoy it, people seem to hate the FFXIII games and I kind of dig them, they're not great but they're still a lot of fun

#32 Posted by turtlethetaffer (16788 posts) -

@DarkLink77: That's how it was to me, but one of the issues in the game were the "wall" bosses... Where you'd just need to get lucky to win. I got to one very late in the game, like I said, and I haven't touched it in... Quite a long time. Well over a year. Just started playing other things.

Which fight was it? Was the one where he became a giant face? If I'm not mistake, there's several fights with him.

#33 Edited by GreySeal9 (24401 posts) -

@chessmaster1989 said:
@Nengo_Flow said:

SE = lulz

FF= is poo poo

Why people continue to fall for FF bullshit, is beyond me

Because IX X and XII are three of the best games ever made.

Yep. Before Final Fantasy XIII, the Final Fantasy series was consistently amazing, so it's pretty stupid to let XIII stop me from being interested in the series, especially since XIII was hardly bad. Just highly flawed. It was still a quality product.

#34 Edited by Gaming-Planet (14022 posts) -

I do like the sinister theme of this one.

#35 Edited by StrifeDelivery (1629 posts) -

Definitely still interested in Versus. Probably some of the few people that enjoyed 13 as well.

#36 Edited by redskins26rocs (2674 posts) -

@StrifeDelivery: I thought after the long boring beginning the game got great. The big problem with it IMO is it lacks that immersion in an interesting world due to the linearity and lack of cities and exploration. The characters, story, and combat system were very good though.

FFXIII-2 now that was just a mediocre game that was far from being a quality FF and it made the story far to complex and now it makes no sense

#37 Posted by hippiesanta (9884 posts) -

@kemar7856:

Not anymore .... I use to be a fanboy of japanese RPG (and japanese action games) and defending it on gamespot few years ago .... but now things change ..... I already completed Mass effect trilogy and currently playing skyrim... and I found it less emo and more dept in gameplay ........... I also consider the Soul series as WRPG although it was developed in japan because the gameplay is so european/american like ...

#38 Edited by Crossel777 (5595 posts) -

I dunno if I can hype any FF game anymore. Square-Enix has screwed with the franchise time and time again, I can't bring myself to be excited like I once did. This game looks more like an action hack and slash than it does any kind of RPG, perhaps I'm wrong. But I'd rather a JRPG than a action game when it comes to FF.

#39 Posted by Joedgabe (5114 posts) -

I do, 13 was soo bad i don't think anything else can top it so sure why not?

#40 Posted by Kenny789 (10247 posts) -

Don't really care for it but I'm hoping it'll be great game!

#41 Posted by PsychoLemons (2107 posts) -

Not as much as I use to. I was vastly disappointed on how long the development was.

#42 Posted by StrifeDelivery (1629 posts) -

@redskins26rocs said:

@StrifeDelivery: I thought after the long boring beginning the game got great. The big problem with it IMO is it lacks that immersion in an interesting world due to the linearity and lack of cities and exploration. The characters, story, and combat system were very good though.

FFXIII-2 now that was just a mediocre game that was far from being a quality FF and it made the story far to complex and now it makes no sense

i haven't started 13-2 yet. I do agree that the game was incredibly linear, but in a way it made sense for that particular setting. And as you near the end of the game, there are tons of things that open up that are available to do. Also agree that the characters, story, and combat system were pretty good; particularly character dynamics and combat system.

#43 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6736 posts) -

Not with Persona 5 exclusively coming to the PS3 and NNK rumored to be in development for the PS4.

#44 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer said:

@DarkLink77: That's how it was to me, but one of the issues in the game were the "wall" bosses... Where you'd just need to get lucky to win. I got to one very late in the game, like I said, and I haven't touched it in... Quite a long time. Well over a year. Just started playing other things.

Which fight was it? Was the one where he became a giant face? If I'm not mistake, there's several fights with him.

It was the first one. He was a big face with huge shoulders.

#45 Posted by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

@StrifeDelivery said:

@redskins26rocs said:

@StrifeDelivery: I thought after the long boring beginning the game got great. The big problem with it IMO is it lacks that immersion in an interesting world due to the linearity and lack of cities and exploration. The characters, story, and combat system were very good though.

FFXIII-2 now that was just a mediocre game that was far from being a quality FF and it made the story far to complex and now it makes no sense

i haven't started 13-2 yet. I do agree that the game was incredibly linear, but in a way it made sense for that particular setting. And as you near the end of the game, there are tons of things that open up that are available to do. Also agree that the characters, story, and combat system were pretty good; particularly character dynamics and combat system.

Oh my God, there's more of us.

And yeah, the linearity is a result of the setting and the story. It makes sense, but it does hurt the game.

#46 Edited by lawlessx (46765 posts) -

not as much as before...long development time and not being an exclusive anymore does that

#47 Posted by ShepardCommandr (2734 posts) -

@Krelian-co said:

well i care, played enough games in the franchise to forgive them for a couple bad entries.

#48 Edited by DarkLink77 (31697 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

not as much as before...long development time and not being an exclusive anymore does that

Why does that even matter? It's not like game suddenly get worse when they release on multiple consoles.

#49 Edited by XxR3m1xInHDn3D (1967 posts) -

Nostalgia makes people care a lot about FF.

#50 Posted by lawlessx (46765 posts) -

not as much as before...long development time and not being an exclusive anymore does that

@DarkLink77 said:

@lawlessx said:

not as much as before...long development time and not being an exclusive anymore does that

Why does that even matter? It's not like game suddenly get worse when they release on multiple consoles.

the question was why people don't talk about this game as much as before..that's the reason.

FF15,KH3 and MGS5...3 very high profile games..and not a word of them is spoken on here because exclusives get the attention.