Does anyone else anticipate the Vita/NGP blowout over the Project Cafe reveal?

• 91 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 dark_drag765
Member since 2005 • 1059 Posts

I mean do not get me wrong the Cafe is interesting and I hope it turns out well but the fact that their are no pictures of it sort of kills the hype for me a little bit. This is as if I imagine what it looks like and its specs I will most likely end up disappointed and filled with scorn for Nintendo ( hyperbole I know).

The 360 I am not hyped for because of last years show, and the PS3 and 360 share alot of their games. I guess seeing a Rare game would be nice or maybe show Too Human 2. I just am not hyped for the supposed Halo remake because as much of a classic the first was, it has not aged terribley and is backwards compatible with the 360.

The Psp I am not hyped for because their will not be many games to show (unless Capcom finally sheds light on the Resident Evil title they promised >_> ).

I guess I am somewhat excited about the 3DS announcements on the line up but what really makes me excited about the NGP is that I am a huge psp fan. The NGP games shown at the reveal looked good (aside from the tacked on gimmicks in Uncharted ) but I am curious onto the line up of the device and what Sony has coming.

The device also catches my attention because it is said to be priced competitively and Sony's ad campaign so farseems pretty down to Earth (saying it was not as powerful as the PS3, saying that it does not make phonecalls, and distancing it from the Ps3's mistakes via declaring it would not cost $600). I mean the details on the device could really help me decide rather or not to buy this or the 3DS initially. (Although I plan to buy both eventually).

A rumor I hope is true is the declaration that it is the Vita as I personally prefer that to 3DS... Much better sound to it in my opinion.

Does anyone else find the tease and almost complete and utter withdraw of information on the NGP/Vita and the fact that it has an announced list of developers who will potentially announce titles to be more enticing than a mystical console with little information?

TheEpicGoat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 TheEpicGoat
Member since 2011 • 2006 Posts

Cafe will blow the roof off

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
I want to know about something that is new and fresh, not a portable PS3 that happens to have worse hardware capabilities. I will probably get NGP down the road, but so far, it's not giving me any hooks.
XBL_Sciontist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XBL_Sciontist
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts

Cafe will blow the roof off

TheEpicGoat
This!
spookykid143

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 spookykid143
Member since 2009 • 10393 Posts

I'm more excited for the Vita.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
Depends on the games shown for Cafe and the games shown for NGP/Vita.
soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
Much more interested in the cafe.
wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts
Cafe has hardware and software reveal. PSV just has software...
dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dark_drag765

Cafe has hardware and software reveal. PSV just has software...wolverine4262

But that could be a point of why some would hype the PSV more as they know what the device is and want to know the line up and more concrete details.

Its like saying their is a new Star Wars and showing an awesome trailer for a different movie and then opening both in theatres.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 wolverine4262

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]Cafe has hardware and software reveal. PSV just has software...dark_drag765

But that could be a point of why some would hype the PSV more as they know what the device is and want to know the line up and more concrete details.

Its like saying their is a new Star Wars and showing an awesome trailer for a different movie and then opening both in theatres.

Thats definitely true, but I feel like overall the more unknowns, not to mention all the crazy controller rumors, make it more highly anticipated. Thats just for me. We can only really speak for ourselves.
dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

I'm excited for both. I like that Sony is pushing the handheld tech and Nintendo likes to surprise everybody. Should be interesting.

forgot_it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 forgot_it
Member since 2004 • 6756 Posts
Cafe has hardware and software reveal. PSV just has software...wolverine4262
Again, it'll boil down to software.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#13 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
home console > handheld console
dontshackzmii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 dontshackzmii
Member since 2009 • 6026 Posts

port station 2

omho88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 omho88
Member since 2007 • 3967 Posts

Vita for sure ... but I am also keeping an eye on Cafe till I know its specs then it shall be as dead as thwe Wii for me ( unless Nintendo blows me away with something totally unexpectd).

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 wolverine4262
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]Cafe has hardware and software reveal. PSV just has software...forgot_it

Not really. The subject is which you are anticipating more. That isnt dependent on the games necessarily. Although I am interested in the psv and its games, I am much more interested in seeing how Ninty could shove a screen into a controller, and what potential gameplay features come from that.
adamlovesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 adamlovesu
Member since 2010 • 829 Posts

I mean do not get me wrong the Cafe is interesting and I hope it turns out well but the fact that their are no pictures of it sort of kills the hype for me a little bit. This is as if I imagine what it looks like and its specs I will most likely end up disappointed and filled with scorn for Nintendo ( hyperbole I know).

The 360 I am not hyped for because of last years show, and the PS3 and 360 share alot of their games. I guess seeing a Rare game would be nice or maybe show Too Human 2. I just am not hyped for the supposed Halo remake because as much of a classic the first was, it has not aged terribley and is backwards compatible with the 360.

The Psp I am not hyped for because their will not be many games to show (unless Capcom finally sheds light on the Resident Evil title they promised >_> ).

I guess I am somewhat excited about the 3DS announcements on the line up but what really makes me excited about the NGP is that I am a huge psp fan. The NGP games shown at the reveal looked good (aside from the tacked on gimmicks in Uncharted ) but I am curious onto the line up of the device and what Sony has coming.

The device also catches my attention because it is said to be priced competitively and Sony's ad campaign so farseems pretty down to Earth (saying it was not as powerful as the PS3, saying that it does not make phonecalls, and distancing it from the Ps3's mistakes via declaring it would not cost $600). I mean the details on the device could really help me decide rather or not to buy this or the 3DS initially. (Although I plan to buy both eventually).

A rumor I hope is true is the declaration that it is the Vita as I personally prefer that to 3DS... Much better sound to it in my opinion.

Does anyone else find the tease and almost complete and utter withdraw of information on the NGP/Vita and the fact that it has an announced list of developers who will potentially announce titles to be more enticing than a mystical console with little information?

dark_drag765
Having nearly no info and no pictures doesn't do anything but make people want to see it... Ngp has already been seen and played with there's nearly no surprise factor everyone knows what it is... Cafe is the new nintendo console which already has an up on a handheld and no one knows anything about it ... Saying people don't care because we don't know anything is pure bs as it's all anyone wants to see already.
SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
No, I have seen a lot of NGP stuff already.
dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dark_drag765

port station 2

dontshackzmii

Funny because the Cafe is rumored to get ports of 360 games and the 3DS has been recieving ports and remakes galore...

I mean none of theVita titles announced so far are ports from what I understand.

I do not get how ports would be a bad thing though (if you do not like it you do not have to buy it), I mean the MGS collection is coming to the 360 and many ps2 gamers who did not buy a Ps3 initially due to it's ludicrous price will find enjoyment in these PS2 ports as will Ps3 gamers.

Spreading good games out is a good thing in my opinion and games like the Orcarina of Time remake introduce classics to new gamers. I do not see how enhanced ports and remakes are viewed in such negative conatations.

adamlovesu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 adamlovesu
Member since 2010 • 829 Posts
[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]Cafe has hardware and software reveal. PSV just has software...forgot_it

Since no one kows anything about cafe it won't. It's a home console... The future of console gaming.... The future of nintendo... Ngp is songs followup to the worst handheld of the gen.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ThePlothole
Member since 2007 • 11515 Posts
Depends on what Project Cafe turns out to be. If they abandon motion controls for this rumored touchscreen gamepad, frankly I'll be quite disappointed.
Avatar image for GunSmith1_basic
GunSmith1_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#22 GunSmith1_basic
Member since 2002 • 10548 Posts
Depends on what Project Cafe turns out to be. If they abandon motion controls for this rumored touchscreen gamepad, frankly I'll be quite disappointed. ThePlothole
lol nintendo can't win!
eboyishere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 eboyishere
Member since 2011 • 12681 Posts

both tbh will be good...but new hardware is new hardware it's hard to top that

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SaltyMeatballs
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"]Depends on what Project Cafe turns out to be. If they abandon motion controls for this rumored touchscreen gamepad, frankly I'll be quite disappointed. GunSmith1_basic
lol nintendo can't win!

He is in the minority, and if we go by rumours then Cafe will support Wii controller as it's BC. Motion controls right there!
dark_drag765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 dark_drag765

[QUOTE="dark_drag765"]

[QUOTE="wolverine4262"]Cafe has hardware and software reveal. PSV just has software...wolverine4262

Thats definitely true, but I feel like overall the more unknowns, not to mention all the crazy controller rumors, make it more highly anticipated. Thats just for me. We can only really speak for ourselves.

True some of the rumours and minor details sound very inticing and it is perfectly understandable that there would be hype for the Cafe and Zelda HD, Mario HD, etc. I really anticipate the presentation of the device as it could potentially be a disaster or could work out very well. I am also anticipating that they will leave some aspects of the Cafe up for speculation which makes me anticipate the console even less.

For the device itself though I definately anticipate the Vita more do to the fact that the general specs and features of the device are known as well as a couple of titles. This leads me to anticipate the Vita presentation more as I have compiled information and the details and line up they reveal could justify me purchasing a Vita before a 3DS.

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Nah. I want software and when it comes to my tastes I know TGS is the only event thatll get me actually excited for the NGP.

E3 can be a bit too western focused.

Cafe pretty much has all my excitement.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ThePlothole
[QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"][QUOTE="ThePlothole"]Depends on what Project Cafe turns out to be. If they abandon motion controls for this rumored touchscreen gamepad, frankly I'll be quite disappointed. SaltyMeatballs
lol nintendo can't win!

He is in the minority, and if we go by rumours then Cafe will support Wii controller as it's BC. Motion controls right there!

We'll see who's in the minority. And the Wiimote would become an accessory, which pretty much guarantees that it will see little if any support. WiimotionPlus, being an accessory to an accessory, practically wouldn't exist.
HaloPimp978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#28 HaloPimp978
Member since 2005 • 7329 Posts

I excited for both. Can't wait to see what Cafe looks like and to see what other games Vita has to offer.

lbjkurono23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lbjkurono23
Member since 2007 • 12544 Posts
I'm more excited for the cafe, because we don't know anything about it(just like I was more excited for the ngp when we knew a lot about the 3ds a few months ago). Still I'm very excited for both and can't wait to purchase both when it becomes available. :D
calvinx6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 calvinx6
Member since 2004 • 1788 Posts

Cafe for me.

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

Cafe... but Vita is cool too

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

Consumers will look forward to the NGP compared to the Nintendo console because the NGP will arrive sometime this year in at least a single territory (followed shortly after in other territories). The Nintendo console's keynote will more than likely be along the lines of the 3DS keynote. At E3 2009,Nintendo had a 3DS prototype device and software which was also prototypical. The NGP on the other hand will have actual fleshed out 1st party titles and third party titles becausedevs have been working on devkits since 2008.The NGP will also have pre-orders from numerous companies like amazon begging and around the time the price for the NGP announced (assuming it is announced tomorrow).

There is a chance some consumers will look to invest in the Ninty console however, the NGP will provide the products/services at least one entire year before the Ninty console arrives. Around the time the Ninty console arrives, the NGP would have time to deliver on all or most goods and services promised at this yeas E3 (from betas to early concepts). There is also going to be even more prospects for consumers (of the NGP) to look forward to at the 2012 E3 when more games and things of that nature are reveled.

Looking forward to the PSP 2 a lot. A lot. Best wishes to those going to E3!

lordlors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lordlors
Member since 2004 • 6128 Posts

Consumers will look forward to the NGP compared to the Nintendo console because the NGP will arrive sometime this year in at least a single territory (followed shortly after in other territories). The Nintendo console's keynote will more than likely be along the lines of the 3DS keynote. At E3 2009,Nintendo had a 3DS prototype device and software which was also prototypical. The NGP on the other hand will have actual fleshed out 1st party titles and third party titles becausedevs have been working on devkits since 2008.The NGP will also have pre-orders from numerous companies like amazon begging and around the time the price for the NGP announced (assuming it is announced tomorrow).

There is a chance some consumers will look to invest in the Ninty console however, the NGP will provide the products/services at least one entire year before the Ninty console arrives. Around the time the Ninty console arrives, the NGP would have time to deliver on all or most goods and services promised at this yeas E3 (from betas to early concepts). There is also going to be even more prospects for consumers (of the NGP) to look forward to at the 2012 E3 when more games and things of that nature are reveled.

wakefulness
Yeah right kiddo, can i have your crystal ball?
verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

I find consoles to be more interesting than handhelds because they typically have more appeal to gamers over 13 and more great games to play.

Therefore, I'm more excited for Project Cafe vs the NGP at this point.

wakefulness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 wakefulness
Member since 2010 • 3989 Posts

[QUOTE="wakefulness"]

lordlors

Yeah right kiddo, can i have your crystal ball?

Pervert! :B

NaveedLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 NaveedLife
Member since 2010 • 17179 Posts

Cafe a lot more than Vita, but I am interested in both.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#37 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

This E3 has me excited for anything possibly relating to Rayman Origins, Beyond Good and Evil 2, Dragon Quest X, and anything Nintendo. Otherwise I'm not interested in anything else much. So I'd go for Project Cafe for sure

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

As interested as I am in NGP, for me handhelds don't so much as take a back seat, but may as well me fastened to the back wheel for all I care, when comparing to home consoles.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 SaltyMeatballs
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="GunSmith1_basic"] lol nintendo can't win!

We'll see who's in the minority. And the Wiimote would become an accessory, which pretty much guarantees that it will see little if any support. WiimotionPlus, being an accessory to an accessory, practically wouldn't exist.

Among gamers you are the minority from what I have seen. However I would like them to use motion controls where it would be good, it has a place for some games.
ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ThePlothole
[QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"] He is in the minority, and if we go by rumours then Cafe will support Wii controller as it's BC. Motion controls right there!

Among gamers you are the minority from what I have seen. However I would like them to use motion controls where it would be good, it has a place for some games.

if you go by the general opinions on forums such as these then a touchscreen isn't going to be any more popular.

And it's worth noting that critics often out voice supporters, regardless of their actual percentage.

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#41 T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

I'm much more interested in Nintendo's new console but my gut is telling me that Nintendo will find a way somehow to disappoint us. I hope I'm wrong.

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SaltyMeatballs
[QUOTE="ThePlothole"][QUOTE="SaltyMeatballs"][QUOTE="ThePlothole"] We'll see who's in the minority. And the Wiimote would become an accessory, which pretty much guarantees that it will see little if any support. WiimotionPlus, being an accessory to an accessory, practically wouldn't exist.

if you go by the general opinions on forums such as these, a touchscreen isn't going to be any more popular.

Maybe not, I will at least wait to see the syste at E3. And I always was talking about gamers, so sorry for the confusion.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
Anyone who believes for a second that Project Cafe will not own this year's E3 is sadly mistaken. I'm not even all that interested in it, but I'm sure we all know that people go nuts over new consoles, especially anything from Nintendo.
Avatar image for dafonkiemonkie2
dafonkiemonkie2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 dafonkiemonkie2
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
If by blowout you mean Vita's tire blowing out causing it to crash and burn, then fo sho.
Avatar image for KevinnButlerNPK
KevinnButlerNPK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 KevinnButlerNPK
Member since 2010 • 1145 Posts

I'm sorry, Vita? Sounds like a geweric energy drink. Did Sony let their IT department name their handheld?

T-razor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#46 T-razor1
Member since 2002 • 1164 Posts

Anyone who believes for a second that Project Cafe will not own this year's E3 is sadly mistaken. I'm not even all that interested in it, but I'm sure we all know that people go nuts over new consoles, especially anything from Nintendo. MrSelf-Destruct

Don't get me wrong I'm excited for it and I agree that people go crazy over fresh new consoles. But will Nintendo deliver the goods? I want to see some good hardware specs for this console along with games and prove to me that 3rd party devs are on board and fully committed. If they can do that for me I'll be happy.

ThePlothole

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ThePlothole
Maybe not, I will at least wait to see the syste at E3. And I always was talking about gamers, so sorry for the confusion.SaltyMeatballs
There are no maybes about it. Just look at what people say about the DS and smartphones. There are a number of vocal individuals who believe a mouse and keyboard or a gamepad are the only "real" way to play a game. Everything else is a gimmick. No exceptions.
Avatar image for deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#48 deactivated-5d6e91f5c147a
Member since 2008 • 26108 Posts
Cafe. I'm interested in what Nintendo's gonna do.
Easyle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Easyle
Member since 2010 • 2034 Posts

I'm excited for both. I like that Sony is pushing the handheld tech and Nintendo likes to surprise everybody. Should be interesting.

dream431ca
This. But I am more excited for Sony.
Jonzey123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Jonzey123
Member since 2005 • 356 Posts
Personally I don't see how people get more excited for more on something we already know than for something brand new and potentially groundbreaking, but to each their own.