Do you agree the next Nintendo system shouldn't be upgraded at all?

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PhoebusFlows
Member since 2007 • 2050 Posts

It should stay exactly the bloody same as it is now. Let's see how they will endure this test of their so-called faith to Nintendo.

"Graphics don't matter, I play games!"

"Hardware doesn't matter, I dont play physics or draw distance, I play games!" :cry:

Listen here, when Wii 2 has updated HD graphics in 2010 or 2011, and you're here on the GS or IGN forums looking at new HD Zelda screenshots or new HD Mario screenshots, you'll be drooling and excited as ever, and you'll basically be praising what the Xbox 360 and PS3 do NOW. Lemmings, hermits, and cows, we all see how hilarious this is. It's like the 11 year old boy who says "ick!" to girls and then, suddenly over summer, something changes inside and he sees girls as a delightful vision, intensely aroused just by their passing....It's like that --watching someone who doesnt get it yet.

This is funny where's the popcorn

Jared2720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Jared2720
Member since 2007 • 2200 Posts
Next generation, Nintendo should re-release the Nintendo 64.
LTomlinson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 LTomlinson21
Member since 2004 • 24423 Posts
Define aroused.
Avatar image for comstrikeiscool
comstrikeiscool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 comstrikeiscool
Member since 2004 • 3616 Posts
For Next Gen graphics will be good on all systems so it won't really matter.
A_New_Life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 A_New_Life
Member since 2007 • 494 Posts

Just re-launch the gamecube with waggle...

Ibacai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Ibacai
Member since 2006 • 14459 Posts

A_New_Life
 Clever.
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 murat8
Member since 2006 • 10362 Posts
its hard to answer your question seriously because u basically insulted me(wii owner), it will be hard not to flame u but ill try to answer your question seriously if Wii2 has graphics like the 360 and PS3 have rite now then it will be fine not everyone cares about graphics as much as u
Slurms_M

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Slurms_M
Member since 2007 • 530 Posts

not everyone cares about graphics as much as umurat8

But there are people that do which is why some people spend money upgrading their PCs.

murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 murat8

[QUOTE="murat8"]not everyone cares about graphics as much as uSlurms_M

But there are people that do which is why some people spend money upgrading their PCs.

and i understand that and graphics are a great plus but their not the most important thing and bad graphics doesn't mean bad system/game
Gimli524

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Gimli524
Member since 2004 • 1527 Posts
They should come out with a console thats really expensive and (GET THIS) no good games at all. That would be the bomb right? Oh wait that would be copying Sony, oh well.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Actually, that's a really good point. I totally agree.
gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts
[QUOTE="Slurms_M"]

[QUOTE="murat8"]not everyone cares about graphics as much as umurat8

and i understand that and graphics are a great plus but their not the most important thing and bad graphics doesn't mean bad system/game

But it does mean a bad-looking game ...most of the time atleast, I say most because Mario Galaxy looks great but the artistic side is what saves it, but why not have both great gameplay and great graphics? see: Uncharted, Mass Effect, Half Life, etc. theres really no excuse for the Wii having such bad graphics other then to make a quick buck on cheap hardware, hopefully Nintendo goes all out next-gen when it comes to graphics and all that kinda stuff, I personally just wanna see Nintendo vs. Sony next gen go all out.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

The Wii is more powerful than the GCN, so the Wii2 needs to be more powerful than the Wii.

--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 --ProtoMan--
Member since 2007 • 1376 Posts

Gotta love the flamebait! And then it'll be more "OMG why are teh sheep so defensive, what crybabies".

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PhoebusFlows

There is a person in this thread with a very inappropriate signature pic. Keep that stuff on Google images, not here. I dont watch Hentai okay

the question it not hard to answer. there are not many answers in the thread from sheep because I know they dont want to expose any bit of hypocrisy, to outwardly and constantly bring down the importance of graphics and hardware, but inside they want it as well. it's called the great interior anguish of people with double standards. people being tongue-tied is answer enough. I have succeeded in my mission tonight.

Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Erebyssial
Member since 2007 • 2903 Posts
You Wii haters and graphics whores just don't get it, do you? No one says they wouldn't like HD graphics, it's just that it's not needed. For Wii owners such as myself, I take good graphics as an extra feature. I don't buy or hype a game because it looks really nice. *holds up sign saying Lair and runs*
deniiiii21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deniiiii21
Member since 2007 • 1261 Posts
Nintendo needs to increase production somehow they are losing a lot of money and people are buying other systems beacuse they cant find the Wii anywhere, they did great this gen, if the sales ever start to dip for them in future a price cut would do the trick, by then it will probably take less than 100$ to manufacture a Wii.
--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 --ProtoMan--

There is a person in this thread with a very inappropriate signature pic. Keep that stuff on Google images, not here. I dont watch Hentai okay

the question it not hard to answer. there are not many answers in the thread from sheep because I know they dont want to expose any bit of hypocrisy, to outwardly and constantlybring down the importance ofgraphics and hardware, but inside they want it as well. it's called the great interior anguish of people with double standards. people being tongue-tied is answer enough. I have succeeded in my mission tonight.

PhoebusFlows

Just so you know, I like graphics as much as the next guy (although not to the point that I care which version of DMC4 looks better).

But I still cannot comprehend why you of all people would promote non-insulting and logical posts and then go out of your way to make fun of sheep by stereotyping and insulting them. And don't tell me you're just pointing out double-standards, because you're doing so in a very belittling way.

ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#19 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
[QUOTE="murat8"][QUOTE="Slurms_M"]

[QUOTE="murat8"]not everyone cares about graphics as much as ushadyd1717

But it does mean a bad-looking game ...most of the time atleast, I say most because Mario Galaxy looks great but the artistic side is what saves it, but why not have both great gameplay and great graphics? see: Uncharted, Mass Effect, Half Life, etc. theres really no excuse for the Wii having such bad graphics other then to make a quick buck on cheap hardware, hopefully Nintendo goes all out next-gen when it comes to graphics and all that kinda stuff, I personally just wanna see Nintendo vs. Sony next gen go all out.

lets look at lair beautiful game terrible game-play
gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts

There is a person in this thread with a very inappropriate signature pic. Keep that stuff on Google images, not here. I dont watch Hentai okayPhoebusFlows

lol @ "inappropriate", how do you play GTA?
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Erebyssial

Nintendo needs to increase production somehow they are losing a lot of money and people are buying other systems beacuse they cant find the Wii anywhere, they did great this gen, if the sales ever start to dip for them in future a price cut would do the trick, by then it will probably take less than 100$ to manufacture a Wii.deniiiii21

Nintendo losing money? o_o where have you been?

I don't really think people are buying other systems just because they can't get a Wii. The price difference is a big factor here. Sure there's people out there that are buying another system because of the shortages, but eventually they're going to get a Wii anyway if they were keen before.

--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 --ProtoMan--
PhoebusFlows, I am more than willing to discuss thiswith you, if you are interested.
kayn83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kayn83
Member since 2004 • 2214 Posts
If Wii 2 is like a full vr thing or some other thing, I wouldn't care as much if the graphics were up to par with the PS4/Xbox 720. I think as long as Nintendo keeps doing something new and different, I'll probably be into it. Then again, I'm as loyal sheep as they come lol so I might just have to buy it to be a completist.
--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 --ProtoMan--

How surprising! Another hit-and-run sheep-bashing thread!

This is pretty sad, PhoebusFlows. Last time we debated, I specifically remember you speaking out against inflammatory comments and personal insults (you didn't like being called a hater).

And now here we are with the whole "Wii owners are like little boys who haven't hit puberty" and "so-called faith to Nintendo" and the plain assumption and stereotype that Wii owners are just a bunch of hypocrites.

I'm still waiting for a reply.

-wii60-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 -wii60-
Member since 2007 • 3287 Posts
I think this guy got raped by a wiimote cuz he hates so much the wii, its like an obsession or something.
X_Evo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 X_Evo
Member since 2005 • 1016 Posts
It was already stated by nintendo next gen will be HD... so this thread = pointless
murat8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 murat8
I think this guy got raped by a wiimote cuz he hates so much the wii, its like an obsession or something.-wii60-
lol
rowzzr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#28 rowzzr
Member since 2005 • 2375 Posts

It should stay exactly the bloody same as it is now. Let's see how they will endure this test of their so-called faith to Nintendo.

"Hardware doesn't matter, I dont play physics or draw distance, I play games!" :cry:

Listen here, when Wii 2 has updated HD graphics in 2010 or 2011, and you're here on the GS or IGN forums looking at new HD Zelda screenshots or new HD Mario screenshots, you'll be drooling and excited as ever, and you'll basically be praising what the Xbox 360 and PS3 do NOW. Lemmings, hermits, and cows, we all see how hilarious this is. It's like the 11 year old boy who says "ick!" to girls and then, suddenly over summer, something changes inside and he sees girls as a delightful vision, intensely aroused just by their passing....It's like that --watching someone who doesnt get it yet.

PhoebusFlows

11 yr olds say "ick" to girls? i've been delighted by the site of a fully-grown woman ever since i was four. but that's besides the point. next-generation, we need something that could compete with the competition. not make a weak hardware of a console and say "it's for the casuals" as an excuse.

--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 --ProtoMan--

From an old thread:

PhoebusFlows

If the TC posts "stop gaming" and "hello sissy fanboys" I would think I have the right to reply, in a very tame manner, that Xbox 360 is #1 in software sales.I made no personal attack the way he did, no threat or deadly ultimatum to his life hobbies. He does the most damage, I did the least. And yet he is praised the hero, I am condemned.

You're a sheep and I'm surprised you dont know who[darthpsychosis] is. Notice in the original post he even says [paraphrased] "if you dont like these Wii games then STOP GAMING." ... and you support that? a bullyish comment?

Gotta love them double-standards! "Hey guys, no bullying here... unless it's against the sheep!"

EmilioDigsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 EmilioDigsIt
Member since 2005 • 4391 Posts
Nintendo already said they'd be making their next system as powerful as whatever would be in the market.
So I'm guessing there will be more HDTVs by that time, meaning of course the console will have HD, and of course it'll have more GPU and CPU power.
All I'm thinking about is how they're going to continue with the Wii remote for the next console.
Erebyssial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Erebyssial
[QUOTE="PhoebusFlows"]

rowzzr

11 yr olds say "ick" to girls? i've been delighted by the site of a fully-grown woman ever since i was four. but that's besides the point. next-generation, we need something that could compete with the competition. not make a weak hardware of a console and say "it's for the casuals" as an excuse.

Well guess what, it does compete, no matter how it's done. The Wii isn't a casual system, it just appeals to the casuals more. There's still core games on the Wii that aso do something different and that's why it's popular and competes. Doing something new is competing, it's all basic business stuff.

SSCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32 SSCyborg
Member since 2007 • 7625 Posts

Gotta love them double-standards! "Hey guys, no bullying here... unless it's against the sheep!"

--ProtoMan--

Shemmings have immunity! Join us. We have cookies.

--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 --ProtoMan--
[QUOTE="--ProtoMan--"]

SSCyborg

Shemmings have immunity! Join us. We have cookies.

I do own a 360, as of this Christmas.

hellfire9988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 hellfire9988
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts
[QUOTE="Slurms_M"]

[QUOTE="murat8"]not everyone cares about graphics as much as umurat8

There are some great games, with awful graphics, but I can't bring myself to play them due to seeing the same texture 1,000,000 times, or having to watch the same animation over and over. Better hardware makes better games. Not that you know SNES games are bad or anything, just that you can play the same or better games now w/ the techinical upgrade.

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PhoebusFlows

I consider these occasional topics of mine amusing yet tiny philosophical exercises. Confound the opposition, fluster them a little, and slap on a bit of icy panache. They will remember you, remember the point, and see the truth -- all seven inches of the Wii Waggling truth. Let's be honest, nobody listens to politeness here. I could be as gentlemanly here as possible, and nobody would listen. I consider it a waste of words in a forum like this. Oh, my dialogue with other people is most polite and gracious elsewhere. If people are miffed at my slight cynicism here at GS, blame the forum first. Until I see an improvement in the way people speak and act with each other, I will respond accordingly. I think even chimpanzees know how to read the social "temperature" of their clan members and adjust. But since I don't see this kindness myself, I act pretty much the way I see the forum acts. Short, cynical, punchy bursts of words, preferably ending with a face_plain. I could pretend I'm Mother Teresa and post every post with warm, gushing, open-hearted kindness, but that's just ridiculous when we're talking about Killzone 2 and Call of Duty 4. If you want to talk more seriously and with deeper respect, meet me elsewhere. But since we're talking about video games here, it's not exactly a topic demanding seriousness like Mathematics or other complex subjects.

Civility in the exchange of words always works. no question there. But there needs to be a little Devil in the message in a forum like this. it's the only way people listen.

Proto Man, I am talking to other people online. I do not get to GS posts immediately. I am a little saddened you had to actually go back and get an old post of mine and post it here. It feels weird. dont make me feel weird anymore. in a way are you telling me I bring up such good rousing points you are very eager to see my response? I am deeply flattered as I munch on this greasy popcorn

--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 --ProtoMan--

Don't belittle me.

I don't get your attitude. One day it's "Don't resort to personal insults; don't support bullyish statements" and the next it's "I don't have to be polite and gracious." It's just amazing that you could use "Well, everybody else is doing it" as a defense for your cynicism.

I still fail to see how my posting of your previous comments is sad. It's just a double-standard, plain and simple. Tell sheep to stop being bullies, then bully them right back.

--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 --ProtoMan--
I also find it funny how you dodged my question about your own double-standards. By your own logic, being tongue-tied makes you guilty...
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I want N to relase a console that has as good as tech as they can fit in to $200-$250 while still making a profit.

Tech wise, I really don't care about anything else. Never have, never will. I'm not the same as you, get over it.

PhoebusFlows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PhoebusFlows

The formula goes like this: 70%-80% good, thoughful posts. Enough to show the person has a good understanding of things and a good foundation for thinking more analytically. These are the kind of posts you can proudly put a signature on and show mom what you spend your days on.

20%-30% of the posts out of the total amount can be hair-raising, slightly pushy, and make people clench their fists but not know how to respond. Playing slightly out of the boundaries once in a while is an essential component, given the person knows the boundaires. Beethoven knew this formula well, otherwise he wouldn't be Beethoven but a forgotten schumck.

tonight I gave you the scintillating 20% post. I allow myself this luxury once in a while because I know the ball game rules. Now, i return to Orville Redenbacher. Cheerio.

PS2_ROCKS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 PS2_ROCKS
Member since 2003 • 4679 Posts
Yeah and it would keep getting ports from the PS2.
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

So your saying it would be exactly like this gen? Sony and Microsoft will exceed in graphics but Nintendo will be behind?

It will be a repeat of this gen, and this same thread will be made in 2011 or whatever by another idiot...

Zenfoldor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Zenfoldor
Member since 2003 • 1775 Posts

PhoebusFlows

Heh, if the graphics didn't improve, I wouldn't care at all. Real gamers play for gameplay.

That said, I think casuals play for gameplay too, because the Wii is gonna far and away, win this gen. It sold 400,000 consoles in japan this week alone. Those are launch numbers.

Did you know your systems were getting owned.

It's so funny reading someone who just doesn't get it.

Ah Phoebus, your such a riot.

Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts

it works the same with cows and lemmings.

your all like "OMGz teh HD, SO PRETTY" but when next gen comes around you'll be laughing at 360/ps3 graphics and saying they hurt your eyes.

siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 siafni
Member since 2005 • 629 Posts

A_New_Life

AGAIN???

siafni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 siafni
Member since 2005 • 629 Posts

its hard to answer your question seriously because u basically insulted me(wii owner), it will be hard not to flame u but ill try to answer your question seriously if Wii2 has graphics like the 360 and PS3 have rite now then it will be fine not everyone cares about graphics as much as umurat8

Why not current WII graphics? Graphics is a tool of evil, remember?

Avatar image for ---OkeyDokey---
---OkeyDokey---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 ---OkeyDokey---
Member since 2007 • 3318 Posts

The average Wii owner apparently doesn't care if they don't get a graphics upgrade, looks like there going to be stuck playing last gen games for the rests of there days. Being fed constant Zelda and Mario games over and over, an infinite loop that will never end.

I wonder what retarded gimmicky controller Nintendo will come up with next to justify the means of not actually upgrading the hardware in the console, just sticking last gen hardware inside it. My guess is the return of the power glove. It's so bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya0F83Bmbl4

Dahaka-UK

eh, the last console zelda and mario games swept up almost every GOTY award known to man, so i don't mind if nintendo keeps em coming :)

prozack28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 prozack28
Member since 2006 • 735 Posts
your right. i have wii and 360. i bought my wii at launch, but i mostly play 360 now.
--ProtoMan--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 --ProtoMan--

The average Wii owner apparently doesn't care if they don't get a graphics upgrade, looks like there going to be stuck playing last gen games for the rests of there days. Being fed constant Zelda and Mario games over and over, an infinite loop that will never end.

I wonder what retarded gimmicky controller Nintendo will come up with next to justify the means of not actually upgrading the hardware in the console, just sticking last gen hardware inside it. My guess is the return of the power glove. It's so bad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ya0F83Bmbl4

Dahaka-UK

I wish you wouldn't use such a derogatory attitude.... but I'm sure if I complain too much I'll get another moderation for trolling (I still don't get it).

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#50 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
typical misunderstanding. most nintendo fans will not say graphics don't matter. they say that gameplay is more important. there's a difference. by 2010-2011 the technology for HD graphics will be cheap, the average person might actually have an HDTV, and developers might actually know how the get the most out of the multicore cpus. I think nintendo made the right choice but of course the market tells us that as well.