Do Some Of You Seriously Not Want Vita To Get Games And Fix Its Issues?!

• 68 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 ms555
Member since 2007 • 2665 Posts
Lets put it simply, the logical fallacy with vita haters is a bit mind boggling lol. Their issue with vita is that it has no unique games. Then when people post on system wars "hey turns out a cool unique game is coming", the haters then say WHY BOTHER ITS DYING ANYWAYS, But the fact unique games are coming is the solution to the reason why they say vita is dying So whether thats what they intended to express or not, those kinds of people are saying sony shouldnt even be trying and vita should never get a solution. But when people ask them why they hate vita, they say ITS BECAUSE SONY ISNT TRYING VITA HASNT GOT A SOLUTION. Do you notice the logical fallacy here? But what i honestly want to know, from those vita haters....., is there seriously NOTHING VITA COULD EVER REALISTICALLY DO to earn your respect? Not ur purchase but at least ur respect? Will it seriously not matter what game vita ever gets? (and be realistic, cus vita isnt getting zelda and it isnt going to drop to 100 bucks haha) (on a side note, dont say THIS IS SYSTEM WARS IF ITS TOO HOT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN.... Lets not forget at the computers of each of these posters is a human with reasonable and rationale qualities haha)
ispeakfact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ispeakfact
Member since 2011 • 5317 Posts
Psst, the issue with Vita haters is that they don't have one. :cool:
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ms555
Psst, the issue with Vita haters is that they don't have one. :cool:ispeakfact
Hahaha, may be kinda true
mysticstryk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mysticstryk
Member since 2008 • 1709 Posts

It needs games that people would want to play on a handheld. I don't want to play uncharted and assassins creed on a handheld.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ms555

It needs games that people would want to play on a handheld. I don't want to play uncharted and assassins creed on a handheld.

mysticstryk
Well im asking you whole heartedly, what game would u need on vita. Give me an example. For example theirs word vita is going to get its own resident evil. Is that a bad thing to you?
jamejame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 jamejame
Member since 2005 • 10634 Posts

I couldn't care less about the Vita succeeding or failing to be honest. Handheld gaming has always felt second-rate to me. However, I do care about Sony, and the Vita failing is obviously bad for them, so I suppose I care about the Vita second-hand at least.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts
People still complain about console franchises coming vita, but I never hear a peep about ports of console games(not handheld games with console ips attached to them) on 3ds from the same camp. Uncharted game designed specifically for a handheld? Boo. LOZ, starfox mgs 3 ports? Sign me up please.
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Looking at recent sales the amount of haters is staggering !

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ms555
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]People still complain about console franchises coming vita, but I never hear a peep about ports of console games(not handheld games with console ips attached to them) on 3ds from the same camp. Uncharted game designed specifically for a handheld? Boo. LOZ, starfox mgs 3 ports? Sign me up please.

Exactly thats one of the major issues, the problem is that proper reasoning requires u to apply the same logic to both nintendo and sony. But while people are too cruel to sony, they are way ro forgiving to nintnedo. If ports are bad on vita, then ports should technically be bad on 3ds. Theres no loophole to this haha.
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

[QUOTE="ispeakfact"]Psst, the issue with Vita haters is that they don't have one. :cool:Caseytappy

Vita is not primarily aimed at kids and casuals but gamers.
And price is an issue for most gamers. I think people are waiting for a price drop, Even though they know it is the best handheld out.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MFDOOM1983
[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]People still complain about console franchises coming vita, but I never hear a peep about ports of console games(not handheld games with console ips attached to them) on 3ds from the same camp. Uncharted game designed specifically for a handheld? Boo. LOZ, starfox mgs 3 ports? Sign me up please.

Exactly thats one of the major issues, the problem is that proper reasoning requires u to apply the same logic to both nintendo and sony. But while people are too cruel to sony, they are way ro forgiving to nintnedo. If ports are bad on vita, then ports should technically be bad on 3ds. Theres no loophole to this haha.

The funny thing is that uncharted isn't even a port. It was designed to be played in 10-15 min chunks just like RE revelations. Hypocrites gonna hypocrite
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ms555
[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"]People still complain about console franchises coming vita, but I never hear a peep about ports of console games(not handheld games with console ips attached to them) on 3ds from the same camp. Uncharted game designed specifically for a handheld? Boo. LOZ, starfox mgs 3 ports? Sign me up please.

The funny thing is that uncharted isn't even a port. It was designed to be played in 10-15 min chunks just like RE revelations. Hypocrites gonna hypocrite

Another funny thing is that some people then point out the bad score gamespot gave it, but then completely ignore that mario 3d lamd got about the same score haha. That doesnt mean they are both bad, but you cant say uncharted is bad cus its badly reviewed then ignore that mario 3d land was scored about the same
Caseytappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Caseytappy
Member since 2005 • 2199 Posts

Don't you see the difference between a game like Uncharted or Starfox working for a handheld on the go ?

Nintendo knows what type of game works for it's machine , the way they designed Mario 3DS or Kid Icarus totally with the 3DS in mind is obvious once you play them , there's nothing wrong with Vita but the games .

MicrosoftRules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MicrosoftRules
Member since 2012 • 835 Posts

But what i honestly want to know, from those vita haters....., is there seriously NOTHING VITA COULD EVER REALISTICALLY DO to earn your respect? Not ur purchase but at least ur respect? Will it seriously not matter what game vita ever gets?ms555

Why so serious? I'm joking most of the time. Vita and 3DS are just handhelds, don't care what happens to them really.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ms555

[QUOTE="Caseytappy"]

[QUOTE="ispeakfact"]Psst, the issue with Vita haters is that they don't have one. :cool:g0ddyX

Vita is not primarily aimed at kids and casuals but gamers.
And price is an issue for most gamers. I think people are waiting for a price drop, Even though they know it is the best handheld out.

For vita haters thta just say they are waiting for the games or waiting for the price cuts, i have a bit more respect for the,. But for some people, unless vita sales surpass 3ds sales, they will never be satisfied. And considering 3ds has basically the entire child population of america as likely customers, vita sales wont surpass 3ds
PillyChickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 PillyChickle
Member since 2011 • 745 Posts

A handheld should not cost $250, have $40-$50 games, require proprietary storage and have watered down console experiences, so no.

kyacat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 kyacat
Member since 2003 • 4408 Posts
The same can be say about the 3DS and 360 back on topic I want the vita to succeed and can't wait to see what games will come out for the vita
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ms555

Don't you see the difference between a game like Uncharted or Starfox working for a handheld on the go ?

Nintendo knows what type of game works for it's machine , the way they designed Mario 3DS or Kid Icarus totally with the 3DS in mind is obvious once you play them , there's nothing wrong with Vita but the games .

Caseytappy
Fair enough lol, im just glad you gave a logical answer haha. In my opinion, have u ever tried uncharted vita? Its actually pretty good for the go, it has many levels and each of the levels goes relativlpely quickly. Like res evil, they made sure u could whip it out and beat a level fast on a train ride, ya know?
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ms555

A handheld should not cost $250, have $40-$50 games, require proprietary storage and have watered down console experiences, so no.

PillyChickle
Though im not going pretend u have absolutely no way of complaining about vita, the "watered down console" theory is also a big logical fallacy. Only because what vita haters will call watered down console games on vita, they will call great new additions to the library on 3ds. But ive seen the arguments before, when somebody tries to argue u can apply the same logic to 3ds games, saying for example that mario 3d land is just a watered down mario galaxy, nintendo fans will suddenly claim nintendo games are the exception. Its basiclaly the equivalent of when kids at the park tag somebody and as soon as they do they say NO TAG BACKS!
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 p4s2p0
Member since 2010 • 4167 Posts

mysticstryk
Uncharted being stop seller tells me plenty of people want to play it, even if you don't.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17870 Posts
little kings story is coming to the vita....i have to admit now the vita looks really tempting. as i understand it its a new game also...not a port of the wii game (which is also brilliant and shame on anyone who didnt get it...grrrr :P). that is also a game that, with a few tweaks, could really work very well on a handheld (going out boss hunting on the wii game needed some time...something to be addressed for a handheld version). really really tempting. if it turns out well then i may be adding a vita to my wish list. what else would make the vita really tempting for me? android. even if sony were to sell android for a few bob extra it could be really ace. if sony were to commit to bringing out the latest android as much as possibly to vita then i would be happy to shell out the full 40 or so euro for it. or have it as a 5 quid per update major update...im not fussy. i am looking out for a good and reasonably priced android device to play with development (the emulator in the SDK is really bad in my experience). hardware wise the vita is ideal. set it up as dual boot so i can select android or the vita OS when i turn the vita on and i would be really happy. that would really tip it to a sale for me. a good racer for on the move. unfortunately F1 sounds like it was a poor port. but a good racer is great to have while on the move. the 3DS so far has bupkis on this front (MK7 was very dissapointing imho). another game i really enjoyed on the PSp was dungeon siege. so a new hack and slasher like diablo/torchlight/dungeon siege would be good. unfortunately i am getting a bit hammered with this type of game. i just finished torchlight recently, torchlight 2 is on pre order and heroes of ruin its on its way to the 3DS on the 15th i think. so between those i am going to be hacked and lotted out :S. but still an ideal type of game to have on a portable. ooooh something like borderlands though would be brilliant. not borderlands itself as i would play that on my PC but something like that that is exclusive to vita and made by a top notch dev. something like civ would also be grerat for on the move. since the vita has a touch screen that type of game should be fine controls wise. so yeah....something like borderlands, little kings story, android, a good racer and Civ. these are things the 3DS is currently not doing and most of them sell (dam you humanity and your lack of love for LKS! ). oh and an elder scrolls....portable elder scrolls. oh yes please :D.
PillyChickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 PillyChickle

[QUOTE="PillyChickle"]

ms555

Though im not going pretend u have absolutely no way of complaining about vita, the "watered down console" theory is also a big logical fallacy. Only because what vita haters will call watered down console games on vita, they will call great new additions to the library on 3ds. But ive seen the arguments before, when somebody tries to argue u can apply the same logic to 3ds games, saying for example that mario 3d land is just a watered down mario galaxy, nintendo fans will suddenly claim nintendo games are the exception. Its basiclaly the equivalent of when kids at the park tag somebody and as soon as they do they say NO TAG BACKS!

There is no comparison. You think you can compare the two simply because they're Mario games? :|

MicrosoftRules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 MicrosoftRules
Member since 2012 • 835 Posts

Here's the low down on dedicated handheld gaming... the rest of the world has phones for portable, cheap, time-wasters. I carefully choose my devices and the big three would be an entertainment device (console), a portable personal computer (laptop), and a pocket sized device for keeping up on-the-go (phone). I have zero percent interest in a devoted handheld gaming device.

danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#24 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
[QUOTE="ms555"]Lets put it simply, the logical fallacy with vita haters is a bit mind boggling lol. Their issue with vita is that it has no unique games. Then when people post on system wars "hey turns out a cool unique game is coming", the haters then say WHY BOTHER ITS DYING ANYWAYS, But the fact unique games are coming is the solution to the reason why they say vita is dying So whether thats what they intended to express or not, those kinds of people are saying sony shouldnt even be trying and vita should never get a solution. But when people ask them why they hate vita, they say ITS BECAUSE SONY ISNT TRYING VITA HASNT GOT A SOLUTION. Do you notice the logical fallacy here? But what i honestly want to know, from those vita haters....., is there seriously NOTHING VITA COULD EVER REALISTICALLY DO to earn your respect? Not ur purchase but at least ur respect? Will it seriously not matter what game vita ever gets? (and be realistic, cus vita isnt getting zelda and it isnt going to drop to 100 bucks haha) (on a side note, dont say THIS IS SYSTEM WARS IF ITS TOO HOT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN.... Lets not forget at the computers of each of these posters is a human with reasonable and rationale qualities haha)

Not gonna read (too tired), but for some reason people think that less competition and options is somehow great.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 p4s2p0

Caseytappy
I don't, both are home console ip's designed around portables. I don't consider one more designed for portables than the other since both have unique controls,more save points,etc. I have just as much fun on resistance or unit 13 as 3ds users do mario or starfox, I feel sony knows perfectly what I want.
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ms555

[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="PillyChickle"]

PillyChickle

There is no comparison. You think you can compare the two simply because they're Mario games? :|

Heres the funny thing, nintendo thesmelves made the comparison before i even did. They said mario galaxy is the feast to mario 3d lands burger. Miyamoto in an interview said that mario 3ds would be similar to a more bite sized mario galaxy. Thats nintendo themselves acknowledging mario 3d land is similar to mario galaxy only on a smaller scale.do the research, the proof is there just look for it
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="ispeakfact"]Psst, the issue with Vita haters is that they don't have one. :cool:Caseytappy

I don't think you understand.

All Vita haters don't have a Vita, but not all people who don't have a Vita are Vita haters.

Basic logic.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
If it leads to more threads like this then yes! :D
ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ms555
[QUOTE="osan0"]little kings story is coming to the vita....i have to admit now the vita looks really tempting. as i understand it its a new game also...not a port of the wii game (which is also brilliant and shame on anyone who didnt get it...grrrr :P). that is also a game that, with a few tweaks, could really work very well on a handheld (going out boss hunting on the wii game needed some time...something to be addressed for a handheld version). really really tempting. if it turns out well then i may be adding a vita to my wish list. what else would make the vita really tempting for me? android. even if sony were to sell android for a few bob extra it could be really ace. if sony were to commit to bringing out the latest android as much as possibly to vita then i would be happy to shell out the full 40 or so euro for it. or have it as a 5 quid per update major update...im not fussy. i am looking out for a good and reasonably priced android device to play with development (the emulator in the SDK is really bad in my experience). hardware wise the vita is ideal. set it up as dual boot so i can select android or the vita OS when i turn the vita on and i would be really happy. that would really tip it to a sale for me. a good racer for on the move. unfortunately F1 sounds like it was a poor port. but a good racer is great to have while on the move. the 3DS so far has bupkis on this front (MK7 was very dissapointing imho). another game i really enjoyed on the PSp was dungeon siege. so a new hack and slasher like diablo/torchlight/dungeon siege would be good. unfortunately i am getting a bit hammered with this type of game. i just finished torchlight recently, torchlight 2 is on pre order and heroes of ruin its on its way to the 3DS on the 15th i think. so between those i am going to be hacked and lotted out :S. but still an ideal type of game to have on a portable. ooooh something like borderlands though would be brilliant. not borderlands itself as i would play that on my PC but something like that that is exclusive to vita and made by a top notch dev. something like civ would also be grerat for on the move. since the vita has a touch screen that type of game should be fine controls wise. so yeah....something like borderlands, little kings story, android, a good racer and Civ. these are things the 3DS is currently not doing and most of them sell (dam you humanity and your lack of love for LKS! ). oh and an elder scrolls....portable elder scrolls. oh yes please :D.

Elder scrolls portable would be ultimate haha, but i really womder if even vtia can handle an elder scrolls game. Thats gotta be tough to fit on a chip
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 p4s2p0

Here's the low down on dedicated handheld gaming... the rest of the world has phones for portable, cheap, time-wasters. I carefully choose my devices and the big three would be an entertainment device (console), a portable personal computer (laptop), and a pocket sized device for keeping up on-the-go (phone). I have zero percent interest in a devoted handheld gaming device.

MicrosoftRules
You mean the low down on cell phone games since you are not in the same market as we dedicated portable users are. Which would be like a sports car owner trying to explain why 4x4 aren't good vehicles. Another words you don't understand our market and just sound ridiculous. Not that there is anything wrong with phone gaming but I wouldn't be interested unless it had control capabilities like vita's dual analogs,2 touch surfaces,gyroscope.
Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts
[QUOTE="MicrosoftRules"]

p4s2p0
You mean the low down on cell phone games since you are not in the same market as we dedicated portable users are. Which would be like a sports car owner trying to explain why 4x4 aren't good vehicles. Another words you don't understand our market and just sound ridiculous. Not that there is anything wrong with phone gaming but I wouldn't be interested unless if had controls capabilities like vita dual analogs.

A sports car is a PC, you're using a moped and sneering a bicycle. Good job! :P
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MFDOOM1983
[QUOTE="MicrosoftRules"]

p4s2p0
You mean the low down on cell phone games since you are not in the same market as we dedicated portable users are. Which would be like a sports car owner trying to explain why 4x4 aren't good vehicles. Another words you don't understand our market and just sound ridiculous. Not that there is anything wrong with phone gaming but I wouldn't be interested unless if had controls capabilities like vita dual analogs.

Keep pretending there's no overlap with mobile and handheld gamers.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 p4s2p0
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="MicrosoftRules"]

blue_hazy_basic

A sports car is a PC, you're using a moped and sneering a bicycle. Good job! :P

That's a good one, but I would think of vita and 3ds as jets or helicopters since they can reach places cars can't. Phones would be hot air balloons lol.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I need more addictive stuff like patapon

RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts
People on SW always want games and systems to fail. I thought everyone is use to this by now.
p4s2p0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 p4s2p0
[QUOTE="p4s2p0"][QUOTE="MicrosoftRules"]

MFDOOM1983

Keep pretending there's no overlap with mobile and handheld gamers.

Agree both are portable and can be played anywhere,even have some of the same games. But they also differ just as much as overlap.
themajormayor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 themajormayor
Member since 2011 • 25729 Posts
It already has games :?
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

Too little too late?

menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

Lets put it simply, the logical fallacy with vita haters is a bit mind boggling lol. Their issue with vita is that it has no unique games. Then when people post on system wars "hey turns out a cool unique game is coming", the haters then say WHY BOTHER ITS DYING ANYWAYS, But the fact unique games are coming is the solution to the reason why they say vita is dying So whether thats what they intended to express or not, those kinds of people are saying sony shouldnt even be trying and vita should never get a solution. But when people ask them why they hate vita, they say ITS BECAUSE SONY ISNT TRYING VITA HASNT GOT A SOLUTION. Do you notice the logical fallacy here? But what i honestly want to know, from those vita haters....., is there seriously NOTHING VITA COULD EVER REALISTICALLY DO to earn your respect? Not ur purchase but at least ur respect? Will it seriously not matter what game vita ever gets? (and be realistic, cus vita isnt getting zelda and it isnt going to drop to 100 bucks haha) (on a side note, dont say THIS IS SYSTEM WARS IF ITS TOO HOT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN.... Lets not forget at the computers of each of these posters is a human with reasonable and rationale qualities haha)ms555

The problem with the Vita is the same problem that was originally with the PS3. There is this "just wait, the games are still coming" attitude, but look at the history of the PS3. Where was the knockout games that was supposed to sell the system? The answer is it never happened besides some first party games that while great weren't the system seller that Sony was bragging about.

BTW I hope to someday to own a Vita, so I don't hate it and don't hope it fails. But realistically Sony hasn't done an impressive job with supporting it.

ms555

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 ms555

[QUOTE="ms555"]Lets put it simply, the logical fallacy with vita haters is a bit mind boggling lol. Their issue with vita is that it has no unique games. Then when people post on system wars "hey turns out a cool unique game is coming", the haters then say WHY BOTHER ITS DYING ANYWAYS, But the fact unique games are coming is the solution to the reason why they say vita is dying So whether thats what they intended to express or not, those kinds of people are saying sony shouldnt even be trying and vita should never get a solution. But when people ask them why they hate vita, they say ITS BECAUSE SONY ISNT TRYING VITA HASNT GOT A SOLUTION. Do you notice the logical fallacy here? But what i honestly want to know, from those vita haters....., is there seriously NOTHING VITA COULD EVER REALISTICALLY DO to earn your respect? Not ur purchase but at least ur respect? Will it seriously not matter what game vita ever gets? (and be realistic, cus vita isnt getting zelda and it isnt going to drop to 100 bucks haha) (on a side note, dont say THIS IS SYSTEM WARS IF ITS TOO HOT GET OUT OF THE KITCHEN.... Lets not forget at the computers of each of these posters is a human with reasonable and rationale qualities haha)menes777

The problem with the Vita is the same problem that was originally with the PS3. There is this "just wait, the games are still coming" attitude, but look at the history of the PS3. Where was the knockout games that was supposed to sell the system? The answer is it never happened besides some first party games that while great weren't the system seller that Sony was bragging about.

BTW I hope to someday to own a Vita, so I don't hate it and don't hope it fails. But realistically Sony hasn't done an impressive job with supporting it.

I feel u a bit...tho on a side note i know alot of people and have seen slot of people buy ls3 just to play uncharted
Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Far_RockNYC
Member since 2012 • 1244 Posts

Sony needs to move on , vita has no vida.

Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Far_RockNYC

Far_RockNYC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Far_RockNYC

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17870 Posts
[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="osan0"]little kings story is coming to the vita....i have to admit now the vita looks really tempting. as i understand it its a new game also...not a port of the wii game (which is also brilliant and shame on anyone who didnt get it...grrrr :P). that is also a game that, with a few tweaks, could really work very well on a handheld (going out boss hunting on the wii game needed some time...something to be addressed for a handheld version). really really tempting. if it turns out well then i may be adding a vita to my wish list. what else would make the vita really tempting for me? android. even if sony were to sell android for a few bob extra it could be really ace. if sony were to commit to bringing out the latest android as much as possibly to vita then i would be happy to shell out the full 40 or so euro for it. or have it as a 5 quid per update major update...im not fussy. i am looking out for a good and reasonably priced android device to play with development (the emulator in the SDK is really bad in my experience). hardware wise the vita is ideal. set it up as dual boot so i can select android or the vita OS when i turn the vita on and i would be really happy. that would really tip it to a sale for me. a good racer for on the move. unfortunately F1 sounds like it was a poor port. but a good racer is great to have while on the move. the 3DS so far has bupkis on this front (MK7 was very dissapointing imho). another game i really enjoyed on the PSp was dungeon siege. so a new hack and slasher like diablo/torchlight/dungeon siege would be good. unfortunately i am getting a bit hammered with this type of game. i just finished torchlight recently, torchlight 2 is on pre order and heroes of ruin its on its way to the 3DS on the 15th i think. so between those i am going to be hacked and lotted out :S. but still an ideal type of game to have on a portable. ooooh something like borderlands though would be brilliant. not borderlands itself as i would play that on my PC but something like that that is exclusive to vita and made by a top notch dev. something like civ would also be grerat for on the move. since the vita has a touch screen that type of game should be fine controls wise. so yeah....something like borderlands, little kings story, android, a good racer and Civ. these are things the 3DS is currently not doing and most of them sell (dam you humanity and your lack of love for LKS! ). oh and an elder scrolls....portable elder scrolls. oh yes please :D.

Elder scrolls portable would be ultimate haha, but i really womder if even vtia can handle an elder scrolls game. Thats gotta be tough to fit on a chip

oh yeah no problem. vita games come on 4GB sticks as far as i know. skyrim is only 5GB. the game wouldnt look as good as skyrim since the vita is not that powerful but it would still look significantly better than morrowind. the reduction in graphical quality would also reduce the size of the game. audio can also be compressed a bit more if needed. so getting it to fit on a vita cart wouldnt be a problem and if an xbox 1 can run an elder scrolls then a vita can certainly run an elder scrolls.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#45 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
of course i want it. vita being a solid competition puts nintendo on the edge. nintendo dropped the price when vita info started appearing, once the vita becomes a threat, nintendo will be forced to up their act again. but as far as wanting one for myself? pass.
PillyChickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 PillyChickle

[QUOTE="PillyChickle"]

[QUOTE="ms555"] Though im not going pretend u have absolutely no way of complaining about vita, the "watered down console" theory is also a big logical fallacy. Only because what vita haters will call watered down console games on vita, they will call great new additions to the library on 3ds. But ive seen the arguments before, when somebody tries to argue u can apply the same logic to 3ds games, saying for example that mario 3d land is just a watered down mario galaxy, nintendo fans will suddenly claim nintendo games are the exception. Its basiclaly the equivalent of when kids at the park tag somebody and as soon as they do they say NO TAG BACKS!ms555

Heres the funny thing, nintendo thesmelves made the comparison before i even did. They said mario galaxy is the feast to mario 3d lands burger. Miyamoto in an interview said that mario 3ds would be similar to a more bite sized mario galaxy. Thats nintendo themselves acknowledging mario 3d land is similar to mario galaxy only on a smaller scale.do the research, the proof is there just look for it

The clear difference is this: you get games developed by Nintendo's best teams on their handhelds, with Sony you get grade B and C devs to make games based off of console franchises that are of a much lower standard, look Resistance and Uncharted on the Vita and compare those to their console counterparts... 5.5 and 7.0? lol

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="ms555"][QUOTE="PillyChickle"]

PillyChickle

The clear difference is this: you get games developed by Nintendo's best teams on their handhelds, with Sony you get grade B and C devs to make games based off of console franchises that are of a much lower standard, look Resistance and Uncharted on the Vita and compare those to their console counterparts... 5.5 and 7.0? lol

3d land 8.0... A team... Bwahaha
fadersdream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#48 fadersdream
Member since 2006 • 3154 Posts

"want" implies desire... I don't care.

I wanted PSP to be great, but it wasn't and Vita seems like a barely upgraded PSP.

I Want Vita to die quickly if it's going to die. Do whatever it's going to do, but do it quickly because it's annoying to keep reading about it.

Is there a Hospice for failing video game systems?

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I don't care, there's already a cheaper, better handheld out for me to purchase. Vita lost its chance.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

[QUOTE="mysticstryk"]

ms555

Well im asking you whole heartedly, what game would u need on vita. Give me an example. For example theirs word vita is going to get its own resident evil. Is that a bad thing to you?

Kinda. Games I imagine on the Vita are like Dissidia, FF6 or 7 remake, Phantasy Star Portable, Monster Hunter etc. The Vita (I own it so I can criticize it) is suffering from PSP issues all over again. While getting rid of one proprietary format, Sony ends up doing another proprietary format (UMD begone no insert Sony's own memory card format that no major company uses). We BC players are also waiting for PSN games and PSP titles to show up still on the system, and it doesn't help the fact that Sony's price points are not competing with the handheld market (at least Nintendo shifted their act).