Do Gamespot ratings really matter to you?

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts

didnt you know?

gamespot ratings are only used for system wars

they post their REAL ratings in yahoo

pfft. :P

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#52 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64040 Posts

Not really......I do start to second guess the game if it gets a terrible review...but usually all i want is over an 8.0

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
My rule is I trust every GS review, which aren't open world & atmospheric(R & C ToD, Scarface, etc etc)
gingerdivid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#54 gingerdivid
Member since 2006 • 7206 Posts

No they don't, but reviews still influence my decisions. I've often opted for a more acclaimed choice rather than one I've actually wanted. That's not becuase I'm weak minded, I think that's an odd and irrational criticism of those who rely on scores, I just want to be assured that I'm making a good, economical decision when I purchase a game.

There's nothing wrong about being receptive of others opinions and being prudent in purchasing games.

mdisen2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 mdisen2
Member since 2005 • 1133 Posts
As far as my personal taste goes, Gamespot is the most accurate/consistant reviewer, minus Lark Anderson.
McManus107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 McManus107
Member since 2008 • 6356 Posts
kind of,I don't buy games that have been rated under 6 by verious websites,not just gamespot.and if the game is between 6 and 7 then I'm cautious about the game and will only buy it if I really want it and all the games I want that get more then a 7,I would buy them when I can.
angry_fork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 angry_fork
Member since 2008 • 2184 Posts

Gamespot reviews are the difference between life and death for me.

Everyday I fight to live on, Gamespot gives me the strength to carry on, to hold my chest high and mighty, and remember that I am a human being, if a review disappoints me, my world falls apart. The gravity by which i'm anchored to the floor suddenly crumbles as if I were Isaac from Deadspace.

If Gamespot was suddenly shut down, then I would cease to exist, may God have mercy if that day ever shows its face.

Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#58 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts

No. Their reviews means nothing to me any more (lol). I usually go by a combinatíon Gametrailers, IGN's closing comments, Gamerankings and my own personal judgement in good games. It has never failed me so far and I only buy and play superb games.

Gamespot reviews are stale and booring. The only thing that spice things up are the emblems.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44195 Posts
Mostly for a general idea of a game and also for SW fun & gun. :twisted:
W1NGMAN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#60 W1NGMAN-
Member since 2008 • 10109 Posts

I bought Socom Confrontation, and I'm loving every mintue of it....well almost every minute, there's still some freezing problems and lag issues once in awhile...

but anyways that should give you an idea on how much importance I put into GS reviews.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
no I could care less about GS's ratings. now if EVERYONE said this game was garbage including GS then I would listen to that kind of but other than that nope. I vote to change this place from Gamespot to forumspot since that is the only reason why I come here now.
Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#62 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

They dont matter to me, I've played flops, I play AITD, Haze, Lair, Fable 2. I really just like to use the reviews as a stepping stone to wether or not im going to buy a gae

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#63 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
I don't really care. But it was funny to watch the Cows piss and whine about all of their games flopping last year and it's funny to watch the Lemmings piss and whine about all of their games flopping this year.
xgraderx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#64 xgraderx
Member since 2008 • 2395 Posts
When I want to see a games rating,I go to gamerankings.I find the whole SW,only gamespot matters rule silly.In the real world one reveiw doesnt make or break a game.