DmC Devil May Cry costume DLC announced

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by FastEddie2121 (3081 posts) -

Well played Capcom. Well played.

typical

#52 Posted by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -
This would have been a nice way of saying "we care" to the fan base if it was free. Instead it's just another quick cash in by Capcom.BigBoss255
\ It's not just capcom.....
#53 Posted by AgentA-Mi6 (16325 posts) -

This would have been a nice way of saying "we care" to the fan base if it was free. Instead it's just another quick cash in by Capcom.BigBoss255

What part of Capcom did you not understand? Free DLC? For a NEW game?

I'm sure there is a strong word in the Japanese language to express extreme reluctance. I just don't know what it is.

#54 Posted by OneSanitarium (6928 posts) -

[QUOTE="BigBoss255"]This would have been a nice way of saying "we care" to the fan base if it was free. Instead it's just another quick cash in by Capcom.AgentA-Mi6

I'm sure there is a strong word in the Japanese language to express extreme reluctance. I just don't know what it is.

Bloody Palace.

#55 Posted by BPoole96 (22814 posts) -

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

[QUOTE="BigBoss255"]This would have been a nice way of saying "we care" to the fan base if it was free. Instead it's just another quick cash in by Capcom.OneSanitarium

Bloody Palace.

So a mode that is included a launch for DMC3 and DMC4 being given to consumers post launch for free is considered an act of charity?
#56 Posted by LustForSoul (5911 posts) -
Why release costumes when all the people who would even consider getting it already completed the game 5 times?
#57 Posted by OneSanitarium (6928 posts) -

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

BPoole96

Bloody Palace.

So a mode that is included a launch for DMC3 and DMC4 being given to consumers post launch for free is considered an act of charity?

Wasn't in DMC3 at launch. Had to buy SE.

And I'm just saying it IS free.

#58 Posted by OneSanitarium (6928 posts) -

Why release costumes when all the people who would even consider getting it already completed the game 5 times? LustForSoul

So they can keep playing through it with the different costumes.

#59 Posted by BPoole96 (22814 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

Bloody Palace.

OneSanitarium

Doesn't matter, I suppose it's good that they aren't being total scumbags and charging for it but a feature that was available in the previous version should be ready at launch. Imagine if CoD shipped with no co op mode and then released it a month later for free. People would go nuts.
#60 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Remember when we had costumes and skins as unlockables rather than paid downloadable content for full priced games.

AgentA-Mi6

Cannot wait for the next MGS game.

Infinite Ammo Bandana day one DLC ha.

#61 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6745 posts) -

Gross.

it had like 4 map packs....and its coming up for a year old, stop overrexaggerating thats actually fairly normal for games with a multiplayer component.FM 4 got a carpack every month for a year and a few were utter belters at a fiver a pop.

razgriz_101

What form of the english language is this?

#62 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

Gross.

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

it had like 4 map packs....and its coming up for a year old, stop overrexaggerating thats actually fairly normal for games with a multiplayer component.FM 4 got a carpack every month for a year and a few were utter belters at a fiver a pop.

senses_fail_06

Fiver a pop = Five pounds per thing

#63 Posted by madsnakehhh (14992 posts) -

That's great news!!!!! Capcom you rulez!!!!

Now all i need is a DLC that fixes the stupid dialogues, jokes and the "mature" attitude and also one that fixes the gameplay, just until then we will probably have a decent and proper Devil May Cry.

#64 Posted by OneSanitarium (6928 posts) -

[QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

[QUOTE="BPoole96"] So a mode that is included a launch for DMC3 and DMC4 being given to consumers post launch for free is considered an act of charity?BPoole96

Doesn't matter, I suppose it's good that they aren't being total scumbags and charging for it but a feature that was available in the previous version should be ready at launch. Imagine if CoD shipped with no co op mode and then released it a month later for free. People would go nuts.

That's doubtful. They're acknowledging it COULD have been there, so they're giving it to everyone for free. That's a tad bit better than, I don't know, not giving it to anyone ever? It's a different developer, so they won't exactly be used to the 'standards' of the previous games, especially when they're trying to give the game a different look and feel from the others.

But this is Capcom, whenever they do something right or nice, everyone tries their damndest to find something wrong with it. Like you are now.

#65 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6745 posts) -

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]

Gross.

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

Ilovegames1992

I've heard that one once, but what does utter belters mean?
#66 Posted by BPoole96 (22814 posts) -

[QUOTE="BPoole96"][QUOTE="OneSanitarium"]

OneSanitarium

That's doubtful. They're acknowledging it COULD have been there, so they're giving it to everyone for free. That's a tad bit better than, I don't know, not giving it to anyone ever? It's a different developer, so they won't exactly be used to the 'standards' of the previous games, especially when they're trying to give the game a different look and feel from the others.

But this is Capcom, whenever they do something right or nice, everyone tries their damndest to find something wrong with it. Like you are now.

I'm not damning them for this, I'm just saying that giving a feature that was free on release for the two previous games is hardly something to cheer them on about. Rather than this beig something nice, this was them not being a**holes for once. There is a difference. Nice would have been giving us this DLC for free since many fans were not pleased with the new Dante, so they address it by giving players alternate costumes that may suit them more, but no, they had to charge for that.
#67 Posted by BPoole96 (22814 posts) -
[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]

senses_fail_06

My guess is that they were good deals or a steal for that price.
#68 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"]

senses_fail_06

Belter = amazing, excellent thing.

e.g that home run was a belter :)

#69 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6745 posts) -
[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"][QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

BPoole96

My guess is that they were good deals or a steal for that price.

I was thinking it was the opposite...a belter sounds like it would be something that was more than what it should be.
#70 Posted by senses_fail_06 (6745 posts) -

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"][QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

Ilovegames1992

Ah I see. I will use you for all my English to ummm English translations.
#71 Posted by Ilovegames1992 (14221 posts) -

[QUOTE="Ilovegames1992"]

[QUOTE="senses_fail_06"] I've heard that one once, but what does utter belters mean? senses_fail_06

Ah I see. I will use you for all my English to ummm English translations.

Its just slang really.

Although i can't forgive him for saying 'overexaggerate' haha.

#72 Posted by majadamus (10284 posts) -

LOL at people dumb enough to buy this. :lol:

Jonwh18

Yes, a whole four bucks is really going to break the bank. Sucks being poor, don't it? :)

#73 Posted by PSP107 (12360 posts) -
[QUOTE="Razor_defiace"]

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

Well, that'ss what ou get fr crying about the new design and they can make money off the crying. Win-win I guess?

What's even more sh*tty is that the true ending is available as DLC in february. If you didn't get the preorder bonus, you have pay to 10$ to get the full conclusion (if it actually has a conclusion that is).

what?
#74 Posted by DarkLink77 (31886 posts) -

Capcom has shown there is no low they won't stoop to to make money throughout this gen, and you people still act surprised. I really don't understand.

#75 Posted by Lionheart08 (15625 posts) -

The real funny thing is people are going to go out and buy it. I don't fault capcom because gamers this gen have shown that they're willing to buy whatever DLC is released just to fulfil their completionist drive.

#76 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

The pack will include three costumes: Classic Dante, Dark Dante, and Neo Dante.

Should have been available from the beginning. Screw you Capcom.

#77 Posted by WTA2k5 (3997 posts) -

They should've made the classic costume cost $30 or something. There are definitely people who still would've bought it.

#78 Posted by PSP107 (12360 posts) -

They should've made the classic costume cost $30 or something. There are definitely people who still would've bought it.

WTA2k5
They cant be that crazy?
#79 Posted by TheWiikestLink (1730 posts) -

I havent posted in years...and I just have to express the way i feel they messed up this game... "SERIOUSLY!?" what kind of ending was this?!!! anyway really>? classsic dante!>? what happened to "not in a million years!?" ...secondly...where is classic vergil? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH wont buy till i see this.

#80 Posted by vashkey (33770 posts) -
Don't see what te big deal is. Costumes are just cosmetic. Doesn't effect gameplay and no one's forcing you a gun point to buy them if you don't like the price.
#81 Posted by PSP107 (12360 posts) -

I havent posted in years...and I just have to express the way i feel they messed up this game... "SERIOUSLY!?" what kind of ending was this?!!! anyway really>? classsic dante!>? what happened to "not in a million years!?" ...secondly...where is classic vergil? AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH wont buy till i see this.

TheWiikestLink
Classic Virgil might come.
#82 Posted by GarGx1 (3383 posts) -

So has it been confirmed as on disc content yet? ;)

#83 Posted by PSP107 (12360 posts) -

So has it been confirmed as on disc content yet? ;)

GarGx1
give them(hackers) time
#84 Posted by HaloPimp978 (7329 posts) -

Thats Crapcom for ya

#85 Posted by Animal-Mother (27137 posts) -

Thats Crapcom for ya

HaloPimp978
But everyone will run out and buy monster hunter :roll:
#86 Posted by Lotus-Edge (50439 posts) -
Looks worse than his normal look....
#87 Posted by PSP107 (12360 posts) -
Looks worse than his normal look.... Lotus-Edge
Do you mean the EMO look?
#88 Posted by Chrome- (1683 posts) -
Will get this now classic Dante is boss.
#89 Posted by PSP107 (12360 posts) -
Will get this now classic Dante is boss.  Chrome-
lol
#90 Posted by jackfruitchips (1058 posts) -

LOL at people dumb enough to buy this. :lol:

Jonwh18
#91 Posted by BPoole96 (22814 posts) -

Just found of the Steam copy comes with the costumes if you pre ordered

#92 Posted by DivineSword (15782 posts) -

They want 4 dollar for just 3 costume, yep sounds like Capcom to me alright.

#93 Posted by Jag85 (5347 posts) -

Capcom, the king of franchise milking since 1991...