shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

There's the sense that the artists and designers have been unleashed to create one of the most striking open world environments you can experience. Everything from the density per scene, the choice of colour, the fluidity of the animation and volume of assets really impresses here. We've seen a lot of large, open-ended games this year but it's clear that Guerrilla Games stands at the top of the industry with its efforts. Even with the growing sense of open world fatigue, we found that the world and lore was interesting enough to carry us through the game, while the quality of these visuals and the solidity of the presentation is unparalleled. For us, Horizon Zero Dawn is an essential release - and The Frozen Wilds genuinely adds further to the experience.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-horizon-the-frozen-wilds-is-an-unmissable-tech-showcase

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56534 Posts

Everything in Horizon: Zero Dawn is so beautiful and it's not the Environments that breathtaking, the gameplay was fluid fun to play as. Horizon: Zero Dawn is really my PS4 GOTY 2017!

Gotta admit, Guerrilla Games surpass my expectations ever since this game was reveal years ago.

shadiezz2012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 shadiezz2012
Member since 2012 • 2474 Posts

@davillain- said:

Everything in Horizon: Zero Dawn is so beautiful and it's not the Environments that breathtaking, the gameplay was fluid fun to play as. Horizon: Zero Dawn is really my PS4 GOTY 2017!

Gotta admit, Guerrilla Games surpass my expectations ever since this game was reveal years ago.

Yeah, they are always been among the best along with ND and SSM

and it looks like Sucker Punch is going to join them too

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Too bad I can't be bothered to play it for another second. Still I want to know what Kojima will make of that engine.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

Graphics and gameplay tour de force.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

Playing it again when the DLC dropped made me realize just how stunning Horizon is. It would be my GotY if not for BotW.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44313 Posts

Pfffft... Quantum Break & Rise of the Tomb Raider on Mighty X1X poo all of over anything on PS Bore Poo. lol :P

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8 superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Can't wait to play this at bro in law's place this Christmas. :D

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

It is a mighty beautiful game. Is also a lot of fun.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

Game was amazing when I played it like 6 months ago. I tried to play it again, game play felt clunky as hell

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

I'm excited to try the DLC when I get to that point. I'm really torn between it and BotW for my favorite games this year. BotW is unquestionably richer in physics and mechanics - I've never seen anything like it. But it's also less focused, and while it offers unsurpassed opportunities to be creative in combat, the combat is less pulse-pounding and threatening than in Horizon. The narrative in Horizon is delivered in a one-note and sometimes ham-fisted way, but it's cohesive and tells an interesting world-building story. BotW lacks that - the narrative is almost Demon's Souls-esque in how it emerges from little tidbits and clues in the world. Which is nice in that it's less constrained, but it's also - honestly - less interesting. I would kill for Link to be able to roll or dodge better - his little vertical hop with a side-to-side translation is awkward at best. On the other hand, his melee weapon handling is good (not great), while Aloy's is... well, it lets you hit things I guess.

Overall, I think BotW has numerically more positives than Horizon, but when it comes to enjoying the end-user experience I'm kinda tied at loving both of them to death. I recognize their clear limitations, but I'm glued to the screen when I play them both

And yeah, Horizon looks amazing. It does look better than TW3 on Ultra, Juub :-P I can't tell you how many awful textures I notice in the background in TW3 at max settings. Don't know where you were coming from in that argument 6 mos ago or whenever it was :-P *Shock arrows fired*

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 298

#12 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2990 Posts

How did I know there wouldn't even be a screenshot

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

You'll never get a game as better looking as this on XBX.

Todddow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 Todddow
Member since 2017 • 916 Posts

Game of this gen of consoles, IMHO.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

Weirdly the EG review didn’t think the game was that great and failed to get a coveted EG recommend award.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

To bad I can't get through the first game because for whatever reason it is boring as shit to me. Have no idea why, but the game is not fun to me. It plays just like all the other Sony AAAE so it feels to much like been there done that for me.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 scatteh316

@Xabiss said:

To bad I can't get through the first game because for whatever reason it is boring as shit to me. Have no idea why, but the game is not fun to me. It plays just like all the other Sony AAAE so it feels to much like been there done that for me.

Spoken like someone who's never played it.

dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@Xabiss said:

Yea because there are a so many games that feature taking out large robotic dinosaurs with only a bow and arrow.....

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#20  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

I haven't played the DLC yet, but HZD is easily the most technically impressive game i have ever seen. It's U4 quality and attention to detail in a huge open world!

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#21 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

That does look really good, I almost want to get this DLC just for that :D

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Xabiss

@dalger21 said:
@Xabiss said:

Yea because there are a so many games that feature taking out large robotic dinosaurs with only a bow and arrow.....

Sorry but the game feels like all the other 3rd person games Sony has released mechanics wise. Just replace those dinosaurs with any other object and it is the same as all of the other 3rd person Sony games.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Xabiss

@scatteh316 said:
@Xabiss said:

Nope I have it on my PS4 Pro so sorry you lose again. :P It plays just like all of the 3rd person Sony games.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50704 Posts

@Xabiss: it literally plays nothing like them

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Xabiss

@scatteh316 said:
@Xabiss said:

Someone just got PWNED!

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator

@Xabiss said:

To bad I can't get through the first game because for whatever reason it is boring as shit to me.

I stop reading there.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Xabiss

@davillain- said:
@Xabiss said:

To bad I can't get through the first game because for whatever reason it is boring as shit to me.

I stop reading there.

Poor thing someone doesn't like the same games you do. Sorry the game is boring to me. :P

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@davillain- said:
@Xabiss said:

I stop reading there.

Poor thing someone doesn't like the same games you do. Sorry the game is boring to me. :P

When it comes to gameplay, Zelda and The Witcher 3 destroys it. Gotta agree with Xabiss, the game never hooked me like I thought it would.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@Epak_ said:
@Xabiss said:
@davillain- said:
@Xabiss said:

I stop reading there.

When it comes to gameplay, Zelda and The Witcher 3 destroys it. Gotta agree with Xabiss, the game never hooked me like I thought it would.

Haven't played Zelda but I've got to agree, The Witcher 3 is a better game with a more in depth and fleshed out world to play in. Horizon is still a great game and I thoroughly enjoyed it but it's not the best open world game out there, far from it in fact. Alloy is too masculine as well, why bother with having a female protagonist if you're going to turn her into a man?

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

My favorite part of seeing Horizon's success, both regarding sales and critical acclaim, is that near everyone thought this would be at-best a mediocre game that just looked good due to the studio tied to it and flop as a result.

Which reinforces the idea that gamers as a whole face the same difficulty anticipating what's good and bad as much as the gaming press, studio heads, and console manufacturers.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

@shadiezz2012 said:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-horizon-the-frozen-wilds-is-an-unmissable-tech-showcase

Loading Video...

DIGITAL FOUNDRY: ...the quality of these visuals and the solidity of the presentation is unparalleled...

Damn..

But hrt_rulz01 said cows can't talk about graphics anymore? :(

Someone should tell Digital Foundry quick before they get contacted by the xbox fanboy police.

:P so much for that theory xbros.

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

Good looking game

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hrt_rulz01  Online
Member since 2006 • 22423 Posts

@scatteh316 said:

UnnDunn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 UnnDunn
Member since 2002 • 3979 Posts

Horizon Zero Dawn is definitely a fantastic game, and I can't wait to dig into the Frozen Wilds as soon as I get my PS4 back from my friend.

But let's not pretend Xbox One X won't have games that stomp all over it graphically.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

The amazing thing is that it manages to play really good while being a graphics showcase. Easily one of the best games this gen and my personal GOTY.

? @ the jealous lemmings in here. It takes more than horse power to achieve graphics like this, it also requires serious talent and time. Something MS Studios doesn’t have much of these days. I doubt X1X will be getting a showcase like this anytime soon if ever.

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

@dalger21 said:

Playing it again when the DLC dropped made me realize just how stunning Horizon is. It would be my GotY if not for BotW.

Pretty much my sentiment, but I have yet to get the DLC for HZD. I made the mistake of playing BoTW first then HZD, so there were spots where i couldn't climb a 3 foot ledge and it was annoying, but otherwise it was a really fun game.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@Phazevariance: yeah the freedom of movement in BotW really puts most TP adventure/action/rpg games to shame. Too bad his combat movement is so awkwardly limited, because it's otherwise a high water mark

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#38 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

the base game looked great, I just wish I enjoyed playing it more

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DaVillain  Moderator

@GarGx1: I played Breath of the Wild & Horizon: Zero Dawn, but I never bother to compare the two when they both launch, it never came to my mind gamers were doing it, but I didn't see the similarities besides there both open-world games. If you want my opinion, I still say Witcher 3 is by far, the better open-world game to date, no questions ask. I just happen to enjoy playing Horizon only because it was something new to PS4 and I do dig the Mad Max style it has going for.

Breath of the Wild is a fantastic Zelda game but I played too many Zelda's in my life time so it's why I never been fully hype then the rest of Nintendo fans here.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 scatteh316

@Xabiss said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Xabiss said:

Someone just got PWNED!

That proves nothing.... lmao.... pick a game and I'll use Google to bring up a list like that....ahaha

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5014 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Xabiss said:

Nope I have it on my PS4 Pro so sorry you lose again. :P It plays just like all of the 3rd person Sony games.

Even if you own it, it doesn't mean you've played it.

In fact, you seem to have a habit of buying games you don't like for some reason.

Is that Nier: Automata in that list I see? Funny....

@Xabiss said:

ROFLMAO Cows calling it an exclusive... Golden! Nice score for a multiplat! I played the demo and didn't really care for it.

in this thread:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/nier-automata-reviews-incoming-33383475/?page=1

Unless the game dramatically changed in appeal suddenly.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By lexxluger

lol, this thread is delivering and a reality check for xbox fans.

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@scatteh316 said:

But just last week you were saying...

@hrt_rulz01 said:

Cows now moving on to bragging about sales, since they can't brag about graphics anymore. LOL.

As you're making your statement ..

Loading Video...

DIGITAL FOUNDRY: ...the quality of these visuals and the solidity of the presentation is unparalleled...

Sony has IN HOUSE developers that CREATE engines from the ground up to run specifically on PS4 hardware that that out does popular 3rd party engines that run on 3rd party games like UE4.

This is why Sony titles are ALWAYS going to be in the discussion of best looking games in the industry and best technical graphics.

Sorry to break it to you resolution =/= graphics.

@UnnDunn said:

Horizon Zero Dawn is definitely a fantastic game, and I can't wait to dig into the Frozen Wilds as soon as I get my PS4 back from my friend.

But let's not pretend Xbox One X won't have games that stomp all over it graphically.

Umm what?

I think you've got that backwards buddy.

The only way to make an argument that Xbox one X would have games that "stomp all over (HZD) graphically" lol is if you ARE pretending.

And you'd have to be pretending pretty hard!

What games does Xbox one X have that could potentially stomp all over HZD graphically? Better yet can you name any announced games in development for Xbox one X that looks like they could do that? lol talking about stomping all over HZD graphically with no in-house AAA devs from MS to do it, you can't get any more pretend than that.

Forza couldn't even beat GTSport graphically and that's the best (damn near only) dev team MS has. So who's pretending with a statement like you just made?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By scatteh316

@UnnDunn said:

Care to name any?

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 lexxluger

@scatteh316 said:
@UnnDunn said:

Care to name any?

It's literally the most contradictory statement someone can make trying to hype xbox games over playstaton games now...

"let's not pretend" LOL

That's literally what you're doing when you're talking about xbox one games compared to any other system's games much less Sony's top tier AAA industry topping titles.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

@appariti0n said:
@Xabiss said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Xabiss said:

In fact, you seem to have a habit of buying games you don't like for some reason.

@Xabiss said:

ROFLMAO Cows calling it an exclusive... Golden! Nice score for a multiplat! I played the demo and didn't really care for it.

in this thread:

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/nier-automata-reviews-incoming-33383475/?page=1

lmao! Xabiss caught flat-out lying about owning a PS4 with his fake list so he can slag all the games off pretending he's played them. lol what a fucking moron!

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Xabiss

@scatteh316 said:
@Xabiss said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Xabiss said:

Someone just got PWNED!

That proves nothing.... lmao.... pick a game and I'll use Google to bring up a list like that....ahaha

Just face the facts that I owned it and I have played it. The game is boring as shit! Doesn't mean you can't like it it. Just not my kind of game because it feels like the rest of Sony's 3rd person games.

YOU WERE PWNED!

DrLostRib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 DrLostRib
Member since 2017 • 5931 Posts

@Xabiss said:
@dalger21 said:
@Xabiss said:

Sorry but the game feels like all the other 3rd person games Sony has released mechanics wise. Just replace those dinosaurs with any other object and it is the same as all of the other 3rd person Sony games.

which ones?

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 scatteh316

@Xabiss said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Xabiss said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Xabiss said:

Someone just got PWNED!

Just face the facts that I owned it and I have played it. The game is boring as shit! Doesn't mean you can't like it it. Just not my kind of game because it feels like the rest of Sony's 3rd person games.

YOU WERE PWNED!

Lmao.....write your name on a piece of paper with my name and todays date on and take a picture of it next to your TV showing your PSN account showing you bought Horizon on 27th Feb and I'll gladly accept my ownage.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 lexxluger

@Xabiss said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Xabiss said:

Someone just got PWNED!

Hmm I also own HZD, just bought it though.

Didn't know you were a PS4 owner and with HZD no less, how far did you make it in the game? What's your PSN ID. I'll send you a friend request :)

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@appariti0n said:
@Xabiss said:
@scatteh316 said:
@Xabiss said:

@Xabiss said:

in this thread:

lol REKT!