hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38906 Posts

I warned you that we're looking at a 10/10 banger, and you didn't believe me. From now on, i demand to be taken seriously.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44572 Posts

Why's it so hardwenzen to say Moon Studios 🌙, the creators of the celebrated Ori & The Blind Forest and Ori & The Will Of The Wisps, are making this game? That's all I need to know.

No doubt it may be utterly awesome, but I wouldn't have so much faith in GameSpot knowing a good game. They gave the first Ori game an 9/10 and it's sequel an 8/10, but perhaps that Xbox tax is real and now that this next game is multiplatform it'll get that 10/10 after all.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3 KathaarianCode
Member since 2022 • 3415 Posts

As expected.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12987 Posts

If this is half as good as Moon Studios' Xbox exclusive Ori games, I am so there.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 hardwenzen

@kathaariancode said:

As expected.

We agree on something.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44216 Posts

The two Ori games were fantastic so am definitely keeping an eye on this game.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56135 Posts

Totally expected this outcome.

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 6891 Posts

This looks amazing, can't wait for it.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tdkmillsy  Online
Member since 2003 • 5890 Posts

Developer of the Ori games predicted to make another good game.

Not exactly hard to predict.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7705 Posts

Gonna play tomorrow, looks really good

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 301 Posts

You can never be taken seriously...never forget this thread 😂😂😂

Can you say 🤡 honk honk?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#12  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17812 Posts
@tdkmillsy said:

Getting harder and harder these days. Look what happened to Rocksteady, DICE, Bioware, etc.. They were all top developers that now put out shit games.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#13  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34621 Posts

Damn, looks pretty.

I'll wait until it's out of early access.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46329 Posts

@boiled-hotdug said:

You can never be taken seriously...never forget this thread 😂😂😂

Can you say 🤡 honk honk?

Ghosts has vanished but at least we have hardwenzen to entertain us.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#15 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58336 Posts

EARLY ACCESS ON STEAM! WOOO WOOOOOOOOT!

And just when I got done saying "OK you bought enough games this month" rofl.

One more to buy.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60714 Posts

Awesome, looking forward to it.

Boiled-Hotdug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Boiled-Hotdug
Member since 2022 • 301 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: Haha you been good bro? I gotta hit you up on Steam

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23926 Posts

@BassMan said:
@tdkmillsy said:

Getting harder and harder these days. Look what happened to Rocksteady, DICE, Bioware, etc.. They were all top developers that now put out shit games.

With the exception of Rocksteady, those had a common denominator: EA Games.

And even with BioWare the writing was on the wall with KOTOR. By then their games were using the same predictable BioWare formula. With the gameplay getting worse with every new game. There was a noticable decline in encounter design from BG2 -> Throne of Bhaal -> NWN -> KOTOR.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hardwenzen

@tdkmillsy said:

Its very hard because nobody on here took their next game seriously. Even heard many say that it looks fugly.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hardwenzen

The only negative i am hearing from people who've put a bunch of time into the game is the inventory management.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6083 Posts

Had no interest in the Ori games and have no interest in this one, and I would never watch something from digital floundry I value my time.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#22 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 16005 Posts

Looks pretty good. Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hardwenzen

@last_lap said:

Had no interest in the Ori games and have no interest in this one, and I would never watch something from digital floundry I value my time.

If you value your time, wtf are you doing on a dead gaming forum?😂Truying to sound smart doesn't always work when you aren't.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6083 Posts

@hardwenzen: I'm on here when at work, what else am I supposed to waste my time while at work, working? I very rarely post when I'm at home. Digital Floundry is a waste of time, they pause a game zoom in X 10, well would you look at that, the main characters shadow has jaggies, please gtfo with that bs.

And you of all people shouldn't be saying someone isn't smart, you hyped Lords of the Fallen 2 🤣🤣🤣

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Maroxad

60% positive (Mixed) rating on steam.

Common complaints include optimization and durability. The former concerns me, the latter not so much.

Edit: Steam ratings are pretty useless I think, but reading the contents of reviews tends to give me a good outlook. I am very much seeing a gem in the rough with this game. Hopefully they can optimize it.

Edit 2: Actually I dunno about that anymore. Seeing lots of common complaints about tedious stamina "management" combat. Hard pass. Wait for opening -> attack till low on stamina -> roll away -> wait for stamina to recover -> rinse repeat. Such a fun combat system🙄

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Litchie
@Maroxad said:

Common complaints include optimization and durability. The former concerns me, the latter not so much.

Edit: Steam ratings are pretty useless I think, but reading the contents of reviews tends to give me a good outlook. I am very much seeing a gem in the rough with this game. Hopefully they can optimize it.

Edit 2: Actually I dunno about that anymore. Seeing lots of common complaints about tedious stamina "management" combat. Hard pass. Wait for opening -> attack till low on stamina -> roll away -> wait for stamina to recover -> rinse repeat. Such a fun combat system🙄

I think people have way too many opinions about games that aren't finished. Checked a bit, and half of the reviews complaining seems to be because they suck at the game more than anything. Watched a streamer play it yesterday, and it took him a few minutes until he understood the combat and did well. Then there's the ability to level up, giving you more stamina if it's a problem for you. "Tedious stamina management" sounds like a bullshit complaint to me.

Actually thought about you when I saw the dodging. Yeah, game will not be for you, most likely. I still find that combat system fun, so I'm cool with it.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k

Oh it's like Dark Souls you say?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Maroxad

@Litchie said:
@Maroxad said:

I think people have way too many opinions about games that aren't finished. Checked a bit, and half of the reviews complaining seems to be because they suck at the game more than anything. Watched a streamer play it yesterday, and it took him a few minutes until he understood the combat and did well. Then there's the ability to level up, giving you more stamina if it's a problem for you. "Tedious stamina management" sounds like a bullshit complaint to me.

Actually thought about you when I saw the dodging. Yeah, game will not be for you, most likely. I still find that combat system fun, so I'm cool with it.

Yeah I can see why people enjoy this combat system. So I don't think it should be a disqualifier for everyone. If anything, I recommend people to find views that resonate with them. And see if the game's "ingredient list" matches their preferences, while allowing for a bit of flexibility.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Litchie

@Maroxad: Yeah. I mean

@Maroxad said:

Wait for opening -> attack till low on stamina -> roll away -> wait for stamina to recover -> rinse repeat.

sounds pretty boring when put that way. But it isn't boring when you take different weapons, attacks, spells, movements, enemies' different attacks, level design, etc. into account. The combat needs skill and focus, you need to know when and where to dodge and when to use your different abilities. It will challenge you and be fun (for most) to pull off well. I bet it'll have more than enough variety.

Like Souls games, I guess. Yeah, you can pick the spear and do one stab move and dodge throughout the whole game. But luckily we aren't forced to play the games in such a boring way.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 hardwenzen

@Maroxad said:

Everyone is bitchin' about the inventory system, its worse than Dragon's Dogma. But that's why you have early access, its an easy fix.

Combat in this indie game is far superior to any Nintendo made title ever made. Think about how pathetic this is.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7172 Posts

@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

Everyone is bitchin' about the inventory system, its worse than Dragon's Dogma. But that's why you have early access, its an easy fix.

Combat in this indie game is far superior to any Nintendo made title ever made. Think about how pathetic this is.

zelda is zelda and mario is mario. its fine the gameplay fits so games. its what makes those games. you rather have the souls games gameplay over and over again.

hardwenzen whats every game be the same.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 hardwenzen

@gifford38 said:
@hardwenzen said:
@Maroxad said:

zelda is zelda and mario is mario. its fine the gameplay fits so games. its what makes those games. you rather have the souls games gameplay over and over again.

hardwenzen whats every game be the same.

What are you talking about? I love souls games, but nowhere have i said that its the best combat system, nor do i want it in every game. My fav combat system is from Monster Hunter with the Charge Blade to be exact. I love the combat system in newer god of war games, a combat system that isn't very deep, but has the "feels good and impactful", nioh combat system, dragon's dogma combat system, DMC, Ninja Gaiden, etc. Nintendo's offerings are straight up mobile level, and that's why they suck. They were good for mid 2000's and prior, but nowdays Genshin Impact has more depth lmao. Combat systems made for babies.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 GirlUSoCrazy
Member since 2015 • 1059 Posts

I'm not sure if I will like the camera in this game. Anyway it's only Early Access so I am not excited. Does anyone know what the full game release date is?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k

@girlusocrazy said:

I'm not sure if I will like the camera in this game. Anyway it's only Early Access so I am not excited. Does anyone know what the full game release date is?

As per the devs:

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“The feature roadmap shown on this page is the main outline for Early Access. We're excited about the road ahead, and we'd love to receive your suggestions and feedback. While we have an idea of how long Early Access development should be, this may change based on feedback and the desire to reach the Moon level of quality. We’ll be sharing updates along the way.”

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

Looks bang average tbh. Though interested in the concept of "mixing" Souls and Diablo.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Maroxad

@Litchie said:

@Maroxad: Yeah. I mean

@Maroxad said:

Wait for opening -> attack till low on stamina -> roll away -> wait for stamina to recover -> rinse repeat.

sounds pretty boring when put that way. But it isn't boring when you take different weapons, attacks, spells, movements, enemies' different attacks, level design, etc. into account. The combat needs skill and focus, you need to know when and where to dodge and when to use your different abilities. It will challenge you and be fun (for most) to pull off well. I bet it'll have more than enough variety.

Like Souls games, I guess. Yeah, you can pick the spear and do one stab move and dodge throughout the whole game. But luckily we aren't forced to play the games in such a boring way.

If this is an improvement over the combat of FromSoft games that is great. But still very skeptical, since I am not the biggest fan of this style of combat.

Anyways, I are having a blast, if you got this game! Moon Studios havent let me down yet so that is why I am still cautiously optimistic for this.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11293 Posts

@Maroxad: As opposed to standing still and clicking until enemies are dead like Diablo 4?

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Maroxad
@Mozelleple112 said:

@Maroxad: As opposed to standing still and clicking until enemies are dead like Diablo 4?

You do realize there are melee systems that aren't Diablo 4 or rollfests?

The elephant in the room being Lost Ark. Which has the best isometric ARPG combat I have seen.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@R4gn4r0k: It sounds like it is a lot left to do and it will be a long wait. There could be many big changes and much unknown content added to the game, making it difficult for me to consider playing/following at this point.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 R4gn4r0k

@girlusocrazy: I do like early access for getting games at a discount and supporting ideas I like eg. boomer shooters and singleplayer fps.

Having said that, I think the game will have to win me over with its punishing souls combat style.

GirlUSoCrazy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GirlUSoCrazy

@R4gn4r0k: It's nice to support smaller developers. For the price, games drop in price after they're released so generally I'm not worried about missing out on an early deal.

Hopefully the game turns out good. Good combat is very important, I agree. And hopefully there will be more camera options as development progresses.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#43 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44572 Posts

So it's early access on PC? When will it come to consoles?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#44 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69532 Posts

Get it now for less than $40