SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 SolidGame_basic  Online
Member since 2003 • 45601 Posts

I don't think it's that bad at all. I like the world and atmosphere. Platforming is fun. Shooting is enjoyable. I'm hoping it will get even better. Your thoughts on this game, SW? Did you get it?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#2 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

Yeah I was talking about it last night with another SW poster. Platforming is fun, combat can be fun and challenging at times. Overworld gets bland though. It has entertainment and fun to it. It's an ok, fun at times game.

SinjinSmythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 SinjinSmythe
Member since 2008 • 1049 Posts

I have a massive following on Twitter. (at least 247 people) and all of the talk has been overwhelmingly positive. So much that it convinced me to buy it. Not the shit review from this shit site.

I will start playing it tomorrow after this binge ends.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

I haven't got it yet. I like how everyone is saying the gameplay is good, it's just the performance issues that hurt it. I'm looking forward to playing it. I like what I see. But I want to hear someone's impressions that beat the whole game. I heard the end game was a bunch of padded, artificially lengthening waste of time. I'll get it when it goes down a bit and hopefully fixes the performance.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

Buying FH3 and already bought NBA 2K17, so ReCore will have to wait. Glad people are enjoying it though and are not beholden to review scores.

SuperFlyZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SuperFlyZero
Member since 2015 • 414 Posts

Still getting it asap.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: But, but, Gamespot said it's a 6 therefore you must abide by that 6, oh wait a minute cows will abide by that 6 and tell you it's a bad game, my bad carry on :)

I haven't bought it yet but will when i get the chance.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

Maybe I'll get it this weekend

dynamitecop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dynamitecop
Member since 2004 • 6395 Posts

It scored better here than The Order: 1886, and has the same Metacritic score of a 63, and The Order: 1886 was one of the top games for me of 2015, so it could possibly be good, it just depends on the person.

A-new-Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 A-new-Guardian
Member since 2015 • 2458 Posts

It looks like an old school ps2 shooter/platformer like jak and ratchet games. I'm all for archaic games.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#11  Edited By suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

So far I've played it for about 12 hours. The first 2 days I spent roughly 3 hours each day progressing the story and enjoying the hell out of it, the game was a solid 80-85 in my mind. Then yesterday I found that door every reviewer talks about, the one that should open but won't because the requirements to open it are insane. By the time I was done yesterday I was frustrated, hadn't accomplished a god damn thing, and fully in agreement with the Gamespot review. Unlike Tamoor and all the other shitty reviewers though, I didn't give up on the game, I put some more time into it today, just clearing dungeons and taking care of all of the cores hidden in the world, and I enjoyed myself again. I don't think I'll give the game an 80 anymore, but it could creep back into the 70-75 range. Tomorrow I want to get the last two bots, boost my level to around 25, and finish off the game.

The thing that bothers me the most is that Tamoor reviewed a game he didn't even beat, and to make things worse, first little challenge and suddenly he's ready to write the game off. He mentions the first 3 friendly corebots in his review, but fails to mention the other two. Why? It also clearly states in the 'About the author' section that he 'made it to the final area'. I just went back and read some of his complaints, and they're total bullshit. Finding the prismatic cores hidden in the levels isn't even hard, they're not hidden in the sand, though Tam would have you believe they are. I never faced any crashes of any kind so far, and the load times are about half of what he claimed they were(though I do admit they're still quite a bit too long).

They might as well start publishing reviews based on Beta Tests and Demos if they're not even going to finish the damn thing. Absolute joke of a review.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#12 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Wait, a review was published and the reviewer didn't finish the game? Wtf

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46718 Posts

Seems like a good game to pick up on sale.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: honestly its just okay so far. Im having trouble keeping interest. The platforming is fun but the shooting gets kind of boring, and i hate the fetch quests to progress to the next area of the game. i looked for all those cores in that mine area for like half hour shit sucked.

i rented it so even if it turns out horrible i didnt really lose any money

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

I went with Pes 17.

Made the right choice as well. This game is phenomenal.

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#17 oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

I've already spoken my piece on it and think GS low balled the score. People try to say 6 is average, but when I see 6 I think D- when the game is really more like a B-.

My biggest complaints are the load times and the lack of variety with Joule's weapon. Would have been nice if they had thrown in some DmC style combos to her gun with different effects.

I feel the game is pretty fun, the combat is fluid and not boring. I like that they made the gathering pickups like a platformer where I don't have to click on everything. The big problem imo is reviewers aren't reviewing the game as a platformer but as an open world rpg. To top that off they get frustrated with the difficulty then just say the game sucks, because if you're not good at platforming, it can make you frustrated especially with the time limits on the dungeons.

All in all though the game is pretty fun and has some unique gameplay and definitely isn't a bad game, it's worth playing even if you wait for it to go on sale.

I'd say it's a 7.5-8 game. I have about 10 hours in unlocked the spiderbot.

I haven't put more time into lately due to playing For Honor alpha and Friday night is mandatory QT/date night with the other half for me, but I'll probably try to put a bit more into it tonight.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

@SinjinSmythe said:

I have a massive following on Twitter. (at least 247 people) and all of the talk has been overwhelmingly positive. So much that it convinced me to buy it. Not the shit review from this shit site.

I will start playing it tomorrow after this binge ends.

Whether or not the review from this site is shit (it is), the current aggregate score on Opencritic is 61. Sure, it's not bad, but I was hoping this game would turn out to be something more than it apparently did, especially from part of the team that made Metroid Prime.

Granted, I hear there is a fetch quest right near the end that is literally the same fetch quest from Prime.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

lolno I don't play bad games.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7035 Posts
@jcrame10 said:

@SolidGame_basic: honestly its just okay so far. Im having trouble keeping interest. The platforming is fun but the shooting gets kind of boring, and i hate the fetch quests to progress to the next area of the game. i looked for all those cores in that mine area for like half hour shit sucked.

i rented it so even if it turns out horrible i didnt really lose any money

My attention span has been poor for a while so I play this game in short spurts but when I do I find enjoyment.

Overall it has some compelling elements making me want to persevere farther into the game. Currently I have put in a few hours and I am guessing this isn't Metroid-esque in needing new weapons to advance. I assume obtaining the animal creatures is what helps you move ahead along with the cores. The dungeons have not blown me away yet. The two I have been in seem quite similar. One complaint I can agree with is how the world seems barren. There exists quite a bit of landscape with a minimal amount of structure. Is this GOTY? No. Does it deserve higher than what GS gave it? Yes.

xdude85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 xdude85
Member since 2006 • 6559 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts

@Zen_Light: cant say a game is bad unless you play it. Just like you cant judge a book by its cover.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Black96Z

I have been playing it for the past couple days and i am enjoying it. 2 things i would change. 1. I think the difficulty of the game should be adjustable. And i will admit that i dont think i am very far into the game and my opinion of this could change. 2. The numbers that pop up around the enemy when your shooting them get to be annoying and i wish that could be shut off.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Been watching it on twitch, the openworld can look great, but the platforming sux

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

#25 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38036 Posts

@suicidesn0wman said:

So far I've played it for about 12 hours. The first 2 days I spent roughly 3 hours each day progressing the story and enjoying the hell out of it, the game was a solid 80-85 in my mind. Then yesterday I found that door every reviewer talks about, the one that should open but won't because the requirements to open it are insane. By the time I was done yesterday I was frustrated, hadn't accomplished a god damn thing, and fully in agreement with the Gamespot review. Unlike Tamoor and all the other shitty reviewers though, I didn't give up on the game, I put some more time into it today, just clearing dungeons and taking care of all of the cores hidden in the world, and I enjoyed myself again. I don't think I'll give the game an 80 anymore, but it could creep back into the 70-75 range. Tomorrow I want to get the last two bots, boost my level to around 25, and finish off the game.

The thing that bothers me the most is that Tamoor reviewed a game he didn't even beat, and to make things worse, first little challenge and suddenly he's ready to write the game off. He mentions the first 3 friendly corebots in his review, but fails to mention the other two. Why? It also clearly states in the 'About the author' section that he 'made it to the final area'. I just went back and read some of his complaints, and they're total bullshit. Finding the prismatic cores hidden in the levels isn't even hard, they're not hidden in the sand, though Tam would have you believe they are. I never faced any crashes of any kind so far, and the load times are about half of what he claimed they were(though I do admit they're still quite a bit too long).

They might as well start publishing reviews based on Beta Tests and Demos if they're not even going to finish the damn thing. Absolute joke of a review.

You know, I was wondering why the review never mentioned the last 2 bots. I think you're on to something here. He didn't finish the game I bet. Wow. Also the segment of the lobby which is "Ask the reviewer", I watched and he wasn't even there to answer questions about it. LOL Whatever, as I have told others its a fair game with some fun to be had.

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I'm some way after I acquired that spider robot and I really like the game so far, its flaws nothwithstanding. Which are: framedrops in some dungeons, bland environments that you have sometimes trouble determine which structure is jumpable and which isn't (which can sometimes be a good thing too, surprisingly), longish load times for certain actions and maybe some minor inconveniences with the structure of fast travel. The whole rest is really solid and the game is refreshing. I love how hardcore dungeons are, especially traversal ones in which platforming shines. Most notably Cavern Rush and Repository Blitz.

Protip: learn to dash from the ledge then double jump then dash again. Otherwise you'll fail to reach many secret areas or not complete dungeons in time.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

If you consider Recore a bad game then I guess you don't play any games period!

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: You completely abandoned your "ask me anything" about Recore thread.. :/

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29  Edited By Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

@Salt_The_Fries: Agreed, my assessment would be similar except I actually like the environments, don't mind the bland setting because to me it's just part of the game's atmosphere and story it's supposed to be like that and I think it makes the characters and robtos stand out more. There's always something around the corner to keep me interested. There is no handlholding in this game, it reminds me of the old school difficult games and I'm really digging it. When I got the 3rd Robot it was fun going back to the areas I couldn't access.

The game is rough around the edges technically speaking and could have used a few more months of polish, otherwise I'm really digging it and I love the tough difficulty because the core gameplay is overall solid, and for me it just gets a little tricky when I'm surrounded by enemies by I'm used to it now I just adjusted the sensitivty and overall having a great time.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#30  Edited By Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70663 Posts

I am at the stage where the game has increased the challenge but the controls and mechanics are not refined enough to make the challenge enjoyable. The end experience is just frustrating because all of the flaws with the gameplay blossoms. In addition to that Eden Tower is super lazy. Its like they gave up on creativity. Currently that is the weakest section of the game and is adding to my overall displeasure.

@Salt_The_Fries said:

Repository Blitz.

There is an awful glitch in that Dungeon that respawns you at a location where you can perpetually die.

Loading Video...

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

I played it for a couple hours on PC yesterday. Really liked it, mostly. The game mechanics, platforming, and corebot customization is pretty cool. The game feels a ltl fetch questy, but so far it gets a pass bc of the patforming.

Dakur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Dakur
Member since 2014 • 3275 Posts
@Zen_Light said:

This. Flopcore is a mediocre game tailored for lemmings. The Quad owners don't have time for mediocrity, we spend time only on awesomeness.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Not into 6/10 games.

nvm i bought Destiny... go away

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#34 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 4589 Posts

I'll pick it up on a sale, or later this year at the $40.00 launch price. I need to get FH3 first. It is my most anticipated game of the year.

I like the look of the game, and it seems to have a classic platforming feel to it. I'm really good with that. A few people on my friends list are really loving it.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Black96Z

One thing i read about this game is claims of the game taking 8 hours. I would say that is completely false. There is no way a person game beat this game in 8 hours and enjoy it. A person would have to completely ignore as much of the game as possible/ complete the very minimum on order to complete the game in that time frame.

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#36 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Jesus Christ, this game is ugly as sin. Might even be more ugly than No Man's Sky

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9752 Posts

I'll leave this here

Loading Video...

OmegaTau

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 OmegaTau
Member since 2007 • 908 Posts

Flop

Avatar image for deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
Member since 2003 • 666 Posts

I've been playing it a few days now and its pretty fun. I like the Star wars like sand environment and upgrading /crafting.