Diablo 3 - on the ps3?

• 93 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 sturshel
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

Blizzard! Whyyyyyyyyyyyy? Why wont you guys create a well designed port to the console market? Why wont they?! Gamers everywhere will benefit!

J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts

Cuz no one will buy it

sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 sturshel

Cuz no one will buy it

J-WOW

Many ppl will buy it! Why will no one buy it?

Phoenix534

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Phoenix534
Member since 2008 • 17774 Posts

Diablo won't work without a keyboard and mouse. Look at Diablo for PS1. Terrible.

mystervj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mystervj
Member since 2010 • 2213 Posts
Is because of control scheme. M&K isn't standard for PS3.
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

Diablo won't work without a keyboard and mouse. Look at Diablo for PS1. Terrible.

Phoenix534

You do know that PS3 supports KB and mouse right?

I would still buy it for PC though ^.^

J-WOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 J-WOW
Member since 2010 • 3105 Posts
[QUOTE="sturshel"]

[QUOTE="J-WOW"]

Cuz no one will buy it

Many ppl will buy it! Why will no one buy it?

no PS3 owner will buy it for the PS3, and no PC owner will buy for PS3
kingman03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kingman03
Member since 2003 • 5202 Posts

Would NEVER work. It's deff. meant for PC. And PC ONLY.

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
on ps3 :lol:,that made me lol...why would anyone want to play a massive watered down game that is meant to be play on PC.
mattuk69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mattuk69
Member since 2009 • 3050 Posts

It belongs on PC but in all fairness it could work with Move. But its not just K&M why diablo wouldn't work with consoles.

AznKSor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 AznKSor
Member since 2010 • 1400 Posts

on ps3 :lol:,that made me lol...why would anyone want to play a massive watered down game that is meant to be play on PC.Tessellation
Why would anyone play FF13 on the Xbox360 when its meant for the PS3?

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

FragTycoon

But then we go right into:

Cuz no one will buy it

J-WOW

Most probably it won't work. If stuff like that worked a lot of people would be playing their fighters on PC.

sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sturshel

Yeah, I hear ya'all, but still, all I hear is the negative part of why it aint gonna work, "the controls are wrong", "it's a pc game", that is why I posed the question, the developers should figure out a way to make it work well on a console, if they figured it out, packaged and sold as a respectable port, with "comparable graphics" - as best as the console limitations can handle, as well as a good control system / mechanics, then, we would have a great game on our hands now wouldn't we?

ohthemanatee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ohthemanatee
Member since 2010 • 8104 Posts

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]on ps3 :lol:,that made me lol...why would anyone want to play a massive watered down game that is meant to be play on PC.AznKSor

as far as I know only the graphics were watered down on the 360

Avatar image for Raymundo_Manuel
Raymundo_Manuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Raymundo_Manuel
Member since 2010 • 4641 Posts

Time to get a PC it seems

AznKSor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AznKSor

[QUOTE="AznKSor"]

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]on ps3 :lol:,that made me lol...why would anyone want to play a massive watered down game that is meant to be play on PC.ohthemanatee

I know.I just wanted to prove something :P

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

Yeah, I hear ya'all, but still, all I hear is the negative part of why it aint gonna work, "the controls are wrong", "it's a pc game", that is why I posed the question, the developers should figure out a way to make it work well on a console, if they figured it out, packaged and sold as a respectable port, with "comparable graphics" - as best as the console limitations can handle, as well as a good control system / mechanics, then, we would have a great game on our hands now wouldn't we?

sturshel
All that time they spent trying to figure out how to get it to run on limited hardware could go towards making the actual game better. Diablo should stay on PC.
millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

[QUOTE="AznKSor"]Why would anyone play FF13 on the Xbox360 when its meant for the PS3?

AznKSor

You didn't prove anything :?
Avatar image for rpgs_shall_rule
rpgs_shall_rule

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rpgs_shall_rule
Member since 2006 • 1943 Posts
Didn't the 360 version also have like 50 disks though? Oh, and no... I wants my PC gamez!!!
Sky-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sky-
Member since 2010 • 4682 Posts

Haha, keep dreaming. The system requirements won't even be that high, so why not just get it for PC?

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]on ps3 :lol:,that made me lol...why would anyone want to play a massive watered down game that is meant to be play on PC.AznKSor

well for one, the only difference between FF13 on PS3 and 360 was graphics and audio, but Diable 3 is using Blizzard's battle.net, something PS3 does'nt have and so it would be losing out on the online portion of the game

AznKSor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 AznKSor

[QUOTE="AznKSor"]

[QUOTE="ohthemanatee"]

millerlight89

He said why would anyone play Diablo on the PS3 if its meant for the PC...So i said why would anyone play FF13 on the Xbox when its meant for the PS3. :? Example....I have a Powerful PC and a PS3.Im getting Crysis 2. Which one should I get it for. The PC which it was meant for or the PS3.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts

Phoenix534
Sacred II worked great with a controller. Just sayin'. ;)
sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 sturshel

Haha, keep dreaming. The system requirements won't even be that high, so why not just get it for PC?

Sky-

Because I got sick and tired of upgrading, downloading new drivers, figuring out hardware clashes, bla, bla, bla - and I got a console now (and never going back to the pc for gaming - NEVER) , my current PC - laptop is for work related programs and stuff, it aint gonna do much else

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

FragTycoon

I am so tired of people saying this... So what you are telling me...is that a strong majority of PS3 gamers are willing to pay 40-60$ for a keyboard to play games?
AznKSor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 AznKSor

[QUOTE="AznKSor"]

[QUOTE="Tessellation"]on ps3 :lol:,that made me lol...why would anyone want to play a massive watered down game that is meant to be play on PC.Mitazaki

well for one, the only difference between FF13 on PS3 and 360 was graphics and audio, but Diable 3 is using Blizzard's battle.net, something PS3 does'nt have and so it would be losing out on the online portion of the game

I know that. Im just saying.....

Mitazaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mitazaki
Member since 2005 • 1501 Posts

[QUOTE="millerlight89"][QUOTE="AznKSor"] I know.I just wanted to prove something :P

AznKSor

He said why would anyone play Diablo on the PS3 if its meant for the PC...So i said why would anyone play FF13 on the Xbox when its meant for the PS3. :? Example....I have a Powerful PC and a PS3.Im getting Crysis 2. Which one should I get it for. The PC which it was meant for or the PS3.

that still didnt prove anything, despite lower graphics, it is the same game on both systems. it would not be the same game if PS3 got Diablo 3 as it uses Battle.net, something PS3 doesnt have.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

that would be interesting to try out as i always wanted to try diablo but its only a dream

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 glez13

sturshel

They could change some of the target specific spells to something else, to compensate for the mouse.

They could create some sort of quick access menu system to compensate for the keyboard.

The problems with these things is that they have more chances to be potentially diminishing than to emulate. The same has happened to other games that go from PC to consoles. Consoles to PC usually works better than PC to consoles.

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xsubtownerx

that would be interesting to try out as i always wanted to try diablo but its only a dream

Chris_Williams
Most computers can run Diablo II. It's a fun game, but Icewind Dale II is much better. Try that instead. :)
FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts

[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

JangoWuzHere

I am so tired of people saying this... So what you are telling me...is that a strong majority of PS3 gamers are willing to pay 40-60$ for a keyboard to play games?

I would say a strong majority of PS3 owners already have a USB kb/m (if not bluetooth)

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

[QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

xsubtownerx

Sacred 2, compared to Diablo 3, is what wheelchair olympics are when compared to Gran Turismo or Formula 1.

Fizzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#33 Fizzman
Member since 2003 • 9895 Posts

Ewwww, I don't even want to imagine playing the game on a controller.

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts
[QUOTE="Chris_Williams"]

xsubtownerx
Most computers can run Diablo II. It's a fun game, but Icewind Dale II is much better. Try that instead. :)

yeah, just as i type that i figured, wait i can just go download it on my pc, thanks man, icewind dale? i'll go check that out
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 xsubtownerx

[QUOTE="xsubtownerx"][QUOTE="Phoenix534"]

N30F3N1X

Sacred 2, compared to Diablo 3, is what wheelchair olympics are when compared to Gran Turismo or Formula 1.

How could you possibly say that without having played Diablo III, and most likely Sacred 2? :?
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 N30F3N1X

How could you possibly say that without having played Diablo III, and most likely Sacred 2? :?xsubtownerx

Keep your assumptions to yourself.

I have played Sacred 2 enough to get bored of it.

Diablo 3's gameplay vids have been shown yesterday at Blizzcon.

The speed and the control scheme complexity in D3 are otherworldly.

_Pedro_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 _Pedro_
Member since 2004 • 6829 Posts

I would say a strong majority of PS3 owners already have a USB kb/m (if not bluetooth)

FragTycoon
That's the point. It's not going to be heavy on the system requirements so why would you go out of your way to play this game on your console if you already own a pc?
sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sturshel

[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

_Pedro_

That's the point. It's not going to be heavy on the system requirements so why would you go out of your way to play this game on your console if you already own a pc?

+ Move Controllers.... why would I want to play it on a console? Because it is there? Cos the TV screen is like 20 times larger? cos it is easier? Because, well, WHY not?

More gamers = more money = Blizzard happy = more games

Sp4rtan_3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Sp4rtan_3
Member since 2010 • 3495 Posts
Because the playingg feild wont be leveled at all when your have K/B &M users destroying controller users in online games. atleast with the PC almost everyones prefers KB&M.
glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 glez13

[QUOTE="_Pedro_"][QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

sturshel

+ Move Controllers.... why would I want to play it on a console? Because it is there? Cos the TV screen is like 20 times larger? cos it is easier? Because, well, WHY not?

So what, they shove Move support to it. Now you have a pointer to emulate the mouse. What about the keyboard? You change a mouse for a less comfortable airborne mouse. Or you use move controller in one hand and in a weird way the DS in the other, and then still they have to make some kind of quick access menu anyways. Also Bnet is basically Blizzards equivalent to XBL and PSN they control it and say what goes and what doesn't. Unless Sony lets them handle PSN as they wish it is an automatic HELL NO! from Blizzard.

sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 sturshel

[QUOTE="sturshel"]

[QUOTE="_Pedro_"] That's the point. It's not going to be heavy on the system requirements so why would you go out of your way to play this game on your console if you already own a pc?glez13

So what, they shove Move support to it. Now you have a pointer to emulate the mouse. What about the keyboard? You change a mouse for a less comfortable airborne mouse. Or you use move controller in one hand and in a weird way the DS in the other, and then still they have to make some kind of quick access menu anyways. Also Bnet is basically Blizzards equivalent to XBL and PSN they control it and say what goes and what doesn't. Unless Sony lets them handle PSN as they wish it is an automatic HELL NO! from Blizzard.

Fair enough, but I'm still saying that it can be done, and that it can be fun, and that ultimately, with a bit of effort, they could make a really great port to delight the masses, it's all I am trying to say - it can be done

Eggimannd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Eggimannd
Member since 2009 • 1734 Posts

[QUOTE="glez13"]

[QUOTE="sturshel"]

sturshel

Fair enough, but I'm still saying that it can be done, and that it can be fun, and that ultimately, with a bit of effort, they could make a really great port to delight the masses, it's all I am trying to say - it can be done

Sure it can be done. Would it be as good as the PC version? Definitely not.

Not to mention they would have to do quite a bit of work to make it work. Probably change the interface a bit to make it work on consoles and make something equivalent to Bnet or implement Bnet on consoles (which would take a lot of work). All in all it probably wouldn't be worth it for them seeing as we don't know how many people would actually want to buy the game.

argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

Because blizzard is a respectable company that is not yet willing to dumb down their games to appease the console kids.

WhenCicadasCry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WhenCicadasCry
Member since 2010 • 2727 Posts

Well, seeing as a budget PC will probably produce the same visuals as a PS3, I don't see the point of porting it.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

FragTycoon

And I say you are very very wrong.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 N30F3N1X

[QUOTE="FragTycoon"]

JangoWuzHere

And I say you are very very wrong.

He's not wrong, he just said something irrelevant to the context - he forgot to mention "that they are willing to hook to their PS3".

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
Wouldnt work for a controller. Simple as that.
sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 sturshel

Because blizzard is a respectable company that is not yet willing to dumb down their games to appease the console kids.

argetlam00

"dumb down their games to appease the console kids" - WOW, in the face of such undeniable thought, logic and, well, and the finality of that statement, well, wow, forget I posed the question, you just sorted it out for me :shock: you make me wanna be a PC fanboy again.....

xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 xsubtownerx

Diablo 3's gameplay vids have been shown yesterday at Blizzcon.

The speed and the control scheme complexity in D3 are otherworldly.

N30F3N1X
Yeah I watched those also. "otherworldly", eh? :lol:
argetlam00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 argetlam00
Member since 2006 • 6573 Posts

[QUOTE="argetlam00"]

sturshel

"dumb down their games to appease the console kids" - WOW, in the face of such undeniable thought, logic and, well, and the finality of that statement, well, wow, forget I posed the question, you just sorted it out for me :shock: you make me wanna be a PC fanboy again.....

Diablo 3 on consoles will be butchered so badly it would be unrecognizable. Not only that, the PC version may suffer because of console limitations.