Devs: Star Citizen NOT Possible on PS4 & X1. "Scale too big"

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

DSOGaming writes :

Matteo Carrara, co-founder of PC-Gaming.it, has informed us about their latest interview with Star Citizen’s Eric “wingman” Peterson. According to Peterson, current (and old) gen consoles could not handle the scope of Star Citizen, which is precisely why this game is being developed as a PC exclusive.

When asked why Star Citizen is not coming to consoles, Peterson said that consoles cannot handle a game like Star Citizen. Therefore, and in order to keep the image fidelity as good as possible, the team decided to focus on the most powerful platform.

“In recent times we have had the feeling that the PC had been a little put aside, and that the games that came out were often ported from console with sub visuals that did not show the potential of the PC. Today’s gaming PCs are really formidable, they have more powerful processors, more powerful video cards, and are best in every aspect. Even the new generation of consoles can not hold a candle to, their internal components are already older than what I can now mount on a home PC. We wanted to create a game that showed all the capabilities of today’s PCs, and above all, we wanted to create a game for all those who enjoy to assemble really high-end PCs with dual graphics cards and liquid cooling, especially since no game so far has ever allowed to exploit the full potential of such PCs.“

So what you guys think .?

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

its obviously console cant run this game. i mean its fully open world space. Space sim, FPS section, MMO. 2 games in one (star citizen and Squadron 42).

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

Consoles should stick to corridor movie set piece titles once a year.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

sorry TC a lemming stole your thunder

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#6  Edited By PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Far enough, the game looks incredible, just like Crysis in 2007! Yet it ended up being ported :P

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#7 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

PC's running 8GB of RAM, Core i3 (and AMD equivalent) with Radeon HD7XXX series cards have trouble running the dogfighting module on low at a playable framerate.

I know this because that's what my laptop is running and it chugs on anything that isn't free flight by myself.

If anyone keeps up with what Cloud Imperium is going through with this game, you'll realize just how out of consoles league it really is.

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#8 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

Scale isn't the problem, it's how much are you willing to sacrifice. Look at Xenoblade.

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

News just in...Star Citizen is pretty.

More to follow.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

@PAL360 said:

Far enough, the game looks incredible, just like Crysis in 2007! Yet it ended up being ported :P

and it ended up looking like total ass have having content cut on the ports

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
blue_hazy_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 blue_hazy_basic  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 30854 Posts

Sorry, already a thread on this.