Devil May Cry 4 DEMO - ONLY UNBIASED IMPRESSION!!

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Captain-win
Member since 2008 • 199 Posts

First of, let me say if you've never played a DMC game you'll find yourself confused at the cheesy lines not realisisng thats part of the games appeal. Its stylish.

Moving on to the graphics, its a very nice upgrade from DMC3 obviously and considering this is the build from E3'06 I say it looks impressive. Deffinitely looking like more of an upgrade that Ninja Gaiden 2 is.

Gameplay, this game plays smoothly like a dream. Its more responsive than DMC3 and from what I can tell from Nero, there are huge possibilities for massive combo's. From playing this DEMO many of you DMC first timer's will come on here and say outright ridiculous things like "the game is too easy" and "combat was too simple".

Let me educate you a little on DMC. The game is too easy because this is a demo set on easy mode, just incase you didnt know DMC games are some of the hardest ever made. As for the combat being "too simple", this is not NG ( dodge and attack ), DMC is about combo's and learning how to execute them. Beng that in the demo you are basically stripped down to basic movies, you can't get an experience of what its like.

Long story short, the gameplay is simple to you because you're a n00b. THATS IT. DMC3 starts of the same way but go further in the game and you play like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3T_RdUPNg6k [ link me plz ] and from what I hear DMC4 has even more combo possibilities with the inclusion of Nero's arm. I saw this in a thread today "No more heroes ahs better gameplay" :lol:

Basically what I'm saying is, if you've never played a DMC game, this DEMO will be shallow and easy to you - which its meant to be - but after you play the real game and can't get past the 3rd level ( lol Cerberus in DMC3 ) you'll come on SW complaining how hard it is and I will laugh...loudly...over the internetz :D

As you can tell, I LOVED IT. Fans of this game will get it, as for you new comers, assuming DMC is easy is a fatal mistake on your part ;) lol ENJOY IT.

blackice1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 blackice1983
Member since 2006 • 2021 Posts

First of, let me say if you've never played a DMC game you'll find yourself confused at the cheesy lines not realisisng thats part of the games appeal. Its stylish.

Moving on to the graphics, its a very nice upgrade from DMC3 obviously and considering this is the build from E3'06 I say it looks impressive. Deffinitely looking like more of an upgrade that Ninja Gaiden 2 is.

Gameplay, this game plays smoothly like a dream. Its more responsive than DMC3 and from what I can tell from Nero, there are huge possibilities for massive combo's. From playing this DEMO many of you DMC first timer's will come on here and say outright ridiculous things like "the game is too easy" and "combat was too simple".

Let me educate you a little on DMC. The game is too easy because this is a demo set on easy mode, just incase you didnt know DMC games are some of the hardest ever made. As for the combat being "too simple", this is not NG, DMC is about skill and acquiring combo's and learning how to execute them. Beng that in the demo you are basically stripped down to basic movies, you can't get an experience of what its like. Long story short, the gameplay is simple to you because you're a n00b. THATS IT. DMC3 starts of the same way but go further in the game and you play like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3T_RdUPNg6k [ link me plz ] and from what I hear DMC4 has even more combo possibilities with the inclusion of Nero's arm. I saw this in a thread today "No more heroes ahs better gameplay" :lol:

Basically what I'm saying is, if you've never played a DMC game, this DEMO will be shallow and easy to you - which its meant to be - but after you play the real game and can't get past the 3rd level ( lol Cerberus in DMC3 ) you'll come on SW complaining how hard it is and I will laugh...loudly...over the internetz :D

As you can tell, I LOVED IT. I own NG aswell but to me DMC4 is looking far more promising that NG2. Fans of this game will get it, as for you new comers, assuming DMC is easy is a fatal mistake on your part ;) lol ENJOY IT.

Captain-win

if youve never played dmc before how do you know its more smooth?

Arsenal325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Arsenal325
Member since 2005 • 4899 Posts
yeah ive actually never gotten around to play a DMC game.. dont know why.. but i played this and thought it was awesome.. my favorite move is to jump up, grab an enemy and bring him up.. then shoot him in the air as im walking around on the ground.. i love how they stay up there as your shooting them. so awesome
iFuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 iFuel
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts
[QUOTE="Captain-win"]

Let me educate you a little on DMC. The game is too easy because this is a demo set on easy mode, just incase you didnt know DMC games are some of the hardest ever made. As for the combat being "too simple", this is not NG, DMC is about skill and acquiring combo's and learning how to execute them. Beng that in the demo you are basically stripped down to basic movies, you can't get an experience of what its like. Long story short, the gameplay is simple to you because you're a n00b. THATS IT. DMC3 starts of the same way but go further in the game and you play like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3T_RdUPNg6k [ link me plz ] and from what I hear DMC4 has even more combo possibilities with the inclusion of Nero's arm. I saw this in a thread today "No more heroes ahs better gameplay" :lol:

As you can tell, I LOVED IT. I own NG aswell but to me DMC4 is looking far more promising that NG2. Fans of this game will get it, as for you new comers, assuming DMC is easy is a fatal mistake on your part ;) lol ENJOY IT.

blackice1983

this thread....FAILED
Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Captain-win
[QUOTE="Captain-win"]

blackice1983

I've played ALL 3 DMC games. WTH are you talking about?? :|

Where di I say I haven't?

Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Captain-win

this thread....FAILED
iFuel
Appears you failed my child. Since i've played ALL DMC games :lol: mwuahahaha

bluewrxman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 bluewrxman
Member since 2004 • 1799 Posts

i really liked the demo, definitely getting it when it comes out...

MechaDragon92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 MechaDragon92
Member since 2005 • 47 Posts

Uhhh...this is unbiased?

Have you tried No More Heroes?

Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Captain-win
yeah ive actually never gotten around to play a DMC game.. dont know why.. but i played this and thought it was awesome.. my favorite move is to jump up, grab an enemy and bring him up.. then shoot him in the air as im walking around on the ground.. i love how they stay up there as your shooting them. so awesomeArsenal325
Indeed. This is an idea of what DMC can play like if you get good: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3T_RdUPNg6k
Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Captain-win

Uhhh...this is unbiased?

MechaDragon92

NMH has better gameplay than Ninja Gaiden :|

See the foolery in that? yeah? yes. Not the same genre. One a hardcore game, the other semi-causal fun.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Arjdagr8
Member since 2003 • 3865 Posts

Let me educate you a little on DMC. The game is too easy because this is a demo set on easy mode, just incase you didnt know DMC games are some of the hardest ever made. As for the combat being "too simple", this is not NG, DMC is about skill and acquiring combo's and learning how to execute them. Beng that in the demo you are basically stripped down to basic movies, you can't get an experience of what its like.

Long story short, the gameplay is simple to you because you're a n00b. THATS IT. DMC3 starts of the same way but go further in the game and you play like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3T_RdUPNg6k and from what I hear DMC4 has even more combo possibilities with the inclusion of Nero's arm. I saw this in a thread today "No more heroes ahs better gameplay" :lol:

Captain-win

i completely agree. seriously i cant even get past level 4 on dmd mode in dmc3 but ive completed master ninja mode on ngb. seriously this game is far from shallow. in fact it even encourages you to mix up your attacks. NG if you know the izuna drop your sorted, except against berserkers and orges and the larger bosses.

also because i like your post, im going to linkify your link :D

DerekLoffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 47

#12 DerekLoffin
Member since 2002 • 9095 Posts
[QUOTE="Captain-win"]

blackice1983

You fail at reading comprehension.

krunkfu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 krunkfu2
Member since 2007 • 4218 Posts

shouldn't a demo give you a feel for what the real game is like?

the combat does seem too simple, there should've been more moves to execute.

the combat doesn't seem that fast either.

I will probably not buy this game because of this demo, i'll probably only rent it now.

Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Captain-win

I will probably not buy this game because of this demo, i'll probably only rent it now.

krunkfu2

Not in this case where the quality of the gameplay inreases exponentially as you play. This is not a racing game or some random FPS. You really should watch the vid in my OP. Oh well don't buy it.

Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Arjdagr8

krunkfu2

watch the burnout video review and watch what alex navarro says at the end.

CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
I love the DMCs and after playing this Demo of DMC4 just made me want the game more i cant wait for it to come out, and im sick of people bashing this game saying its not that great well a lot of 360 owners and ps3 owners will be buying the game so shut your mouths haters
Solid_Link22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 Solid_Link22
Member since 2006 • 5698 Posts

Uhhh...this is unbiased?

MechaDragon92

This is a DMC4 topic. There is no need for NMH.

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 _en1gma_
Member since 2004 • 14617 Posts

The demo sucked, was boring, dull, ugly, simple, and stupid.

So will the final game. I'll stick with NG2, thanks. That's a real action game.

lolkie_81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 lolkie_81
Member since 2008 • 2004 Posts

Let me educate you a little on DMC. The game is too easy because this is a demo set on easy mode, just incase you didnt know DMC games are some of the hardest ever made. As for the combat being "too simple", this is not NG, DMC is about skill and acquiring combo's and learning how to execute them. Beng that in the demo you are basically stripped down to basic movies, you can't get an experience of what its like.

Long story short, the gameplay is simple to you because you're a n00b. THATS IT. DMC3 starts of the same way but go further in the game and you play like this: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3T_RdUPNg6k [ link me plz ] and from what I hear DMC4 has even more combo possibilities with the inclusion of Nero's arm. I saw this in a thread today "No more heroes ahs better gameplay" :lol:

Captain-win

Why would anyone be biased???/ This is multiplat, if it sucks it sucks on both consoles. Biased would be if it was only on the ps3 and the lemmings were dissing the game for the *&* of it.

blackice1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 blackice1983
[QUOTE="blackice1983"][QUOTE="Captain-win"]

DerekLoffin

You fail at reading comprehension.

i noticed that about an hour ago but i was to busy to edit.

flclempire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#21 flclempire
Member since 2004 • 4914 Posts
Threads don't fail this hard very often, kudos.
Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Captain-win

_en1gma_

Funny guy. NG2 will be a disappointment, minor upgrade with the main increament being blood. DMC4 is clearly better.

blackice1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 blackice1983
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]

Captain-win

Funny guy. NG2 will be a disappointment, minor upgrade with the main increament being blood. DMC4 is clearly better.

combo games lol

Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Captain-win

Threads don't fail this hard very often, kudos.flclempire
HAHAH :lol: We got some haterssss

Any reason why you're so mad?

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Saturos3091
Member since 2005 • 14937 Posts

_en1gma_

Basing that off of a demo from '06 really wouldn't give you a good impression.
Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Captain-win
[QUOTE="Captain-win"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"]

blackice1983

combo games lol

I know they're so awesome. Too bad 90% of n00bs cant pull a combo passed slash - slash- izuna drop. How can they survive in DMC?
Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Captain-win

Nero DT 8)

http://www.capcom-fc.com/devil4monograph/2008/01/post_2.html

_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"]

Saturos3091

It's DMC. I don't expect much from it.

And BTW, even if NG2 is only a minor upgrade from the first, that's amazing. Ninja Gaiden is arguably one of the best action games ever conceived. It is an honor to say upgrade, even if it is minor.

I can't even fathom how someone can think DMC is a good game compared to NG. *shutters*

blackice1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 blackice1983
[QUOTE="blackice1983"][QUOTE="Captain-win"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"]

Captain-win

combo games lol

I know they're so awesome. Too bad 90% of n00bs cant pull a combo passed slash - slash- izuna drop. How can they survive in DMC?

6 button combos lol

Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Captain-win
[QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"]

_en1gma_

And BTW, even if NG2 is only a minor upgrade from the first, that's amazing. Ninja Gaiden is arguably one of the best action games ever conceived. It is an honor to say upgrade, even if it is minor.

I can't even fathom how someone can think DMC is a good game. *shutters*

That would be Devil May Cry. I can't fathom how anyone sees NG as a great action game, its good - thats it. Stale story, gameplay rely's on dogdign and lacks combo's making it easier for n00bs. The only advangtage NG ever had over DMC - graphics, is now gone.

DMC rules.

Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Saturos3091
[QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"]

_en1gma_

Well, that's your choice I guess. NG2 will be a great game (at least I'm hoping) but I'm not too impressed with the way they seem to be going with it (regenerating health, lame new weapons like the claws, etc.) Hopefully they'll add some unique new gameplay and a story, and base it more around combos instead of the Izuna Drop.
Gamingrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Gamingrulez
Member since 2008 • 387 Posts
[QUOTE="Captain-win"]

blackice1983

"FIRST OFF, LET ME SAY IF YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED A DMC GAME..."

read... b4r speaking

Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Captain-win

6 button combos lol

blackice1983

Yes?

Capcom are the kings of combat in video games. SF, DMC etc. Wonderful company.

Gnr_Helsing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Gnr_Helsing
Member since 2004 • 1602 Posts
I wasn't too impressed with the demo, but it was fun. I might purchased after reading some reviews first.
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#35 Dante2710
Member since 2005 • 63164 Posts
i would have agreed thisthread was unbiased till i saw u mention NG2......fission mailed
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Arjdagr8
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"]

Captain-win

That would be Devil May Cry. I can't fathom how anyone sees NG as a great action game, its good - thats it. Stale story, gameplay rely's on dogdign and lacks combo's making it easier for n00bs. The only advangtage NG ever had over DMC - graphics, is now gone.

DMC rules.

i like both as much as each other. mainly because they are different in fighting. dmc relies on varied combat, amazing combos and good timing. ng relies on amazing timing and accurate attacks.

Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Captain-win
i would have agreed thisthread was unbiased till i saw u mention NG2......fission mailedDante2710
EDITED. Do you like my thread now? :)
_en1gma_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 _en1gma_
[QUOTE="_en1gma_"][QUOTE="Saturos3091"][QUOTE="_en1gma_"]

Saturos3091

Well, that's your choice I guess. NG2 will be a great game (at least I'm hoping) but I'm not too impressed with the way they seem to be going with it (regenerating health, lame new weapons like the claws, etc.) Hopefully they'll add some unique new gameplay and a story, and base it more around combos instead of the Izuna Drop.

I guess it's because I was never a DMC fan. I just can;t get into them... But I fell in love with NG.

I guess it is preference. We have to wait and see how NG2 plays...but I have high hopes.

blackice1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 blackice1983
[QUOTE="blackice1983"][QUOTE="Captain-win"]

Gamingrulez

"FIRST OFF, LET ME SAY IF YOU'VE NEVER PLAYED A DMC GAME..."

read... b4r speaking

take your own advice and read the forum because if you did that you would know i already commented on my mistake before

gtawoof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gtawoof
Member since 2003 • 1843 Posts
I have a question to TC, in the full DMC games do they have any kinda tutorial or something on combo's and stuff? like how are you supposed to figure out all the moves on your own when they require a lot of certain timing and stuff like that, well how are non-dmc players supposed to figure it out. I liked the demo and I think i'll get it, but I'd like to learn more moves, I basically only use triangle, I dont know much about the exceed L2 thing, I've charged it up and used it but I havent seen much damage difference only the huge fire-type attack when you hold it.
Saturos3091

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Saturos3091

I guess it's because I was never a DMC fan. I just can;t get into them... But I fell in love with NG.

I guess it is preference. We have to wait and see how NG2 plays...but I have high hopes.

_en1gma_

Me as well, I used to hold the DMC franchise in such low regards, but after playing the demo thinking it was similar to release, and then finding out it was the E3 '06 demo...I was like...amazed. I was having fun with the old demo despite it's several flaws.

Although my hopes for NG2 are incredibly high at this point, I know it'll be a great game no matter how I play it, but I'm wondering if they'll go that extra step and make it a game I won't forget anytime soon...
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts

krunkfu2

I wouldn't go by the demo. Yeah it was easy but I'm pretty sure the final version will be much harder.

_en1gma_

Did you even play the demo? You didn't explain why you didn't like it.

Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Captain-win

I have a question to TC, in the full DMC games do they have any kinda tutorial or something on combo's and stuff? like how are you supposed to figure out all the moves on your own when they require a lot of certain timing and stuff like that, well how are non-dmc players supposed to figure it out. I liked the demo and I think i'll get it, but I'd like to learn more moves, I basically only use triangle, I dont know much about the exceed L2 thing, I've charged it up and used it but I havent seen much damage difference only the huge fire-type attack when you hold it.shadyd1717
In previous DMC games they give you a short video clip ( with the button combination ) showing how moves you buy are executed, but its really up to you to figure out how to link several of them together. So basically you create your own combo's that can be different everytime.

The L2 thing is to be used during a combo streak. Its all about the timing.

Check this video out to see different combo's ppl come up with: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3T_RdUPNg6k

Its from DMC3.

Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dante2710
[QUOTE="Dante2710"]i would have agreed thisthread was unbiased till i saw u mention NG2......fission mailedCaptain-win

its fine, i just dont like people comparing dmc to NG.....different games......
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Arjdagr8

[QUOTE="shadyd1717"]I have a question to TC, in the full DMC games do they have any kinda tutorial or something on combo's and stuff? like how are you supposed to figure out all the moves on your own when they require a lot of certain timing and stuff like that, well how are non-dmc players supposed to figure it out. I liked the demo and I think i'll get it, but I'd like to learn more moves, I basically only use triangle, I dont know much about the exceed L2 thing, I've charged it up and used it but I havent seen much damage difference only the huge fire-type attack when you hold it.Captain-win

In previous DMC games they give you a short video clip ( with the button combination ) showing how moves you buy are executed, but its really up to you to figure out how to link several of them together. So basically you create your own combo's that can be different everytime.

The L2 thing is to be used during a combo streak. Its all about the timing.

Check this video out to see different combo's ppl come up with: http://youtube.com/watch?v=3T_RdUPNg6k

Its from DMC3.

in past games you use the red orbs to buy moves, weapon upgrades, gun upgrades and loads more. When you buy more moves theres is a clear instruction on how to perform them

Captain-win

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Captain-win
[QUOTE="Captain-win"][QUOTE="Dante2710"]i would have agreed thisthread was unbiased till i saw u mention NG2......fission mailedDante2710

True.
CommanderTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CommanderTy
Member since 2007 • 2285 Posts
yeah why the heck did NG get thrown into this topic 2 different games ppl come on jeez stop haten btw he said unbiased
Dante2710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Dante2710
[QUOTE="Dante2710"][QUOTE="Captain-win"][QUOTE="Dante2710"]i would have agreed thisthread was unbiased till i saw u mention NG2......fission mailedCaptain-win

True.

dmc4 will be great, specially if ur a big dmc fan...im buying it on the first day and same thing goes for NG.....two games u cant go this year without playing imo
Soulja_West

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Soulja_West
Member since 2003 • 15084 Posts
I'm not even a Devil May Cry fan and I found the demo quite impressive. I'm getting this game when it comes out.
Arjdagr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Arjdagr8

yeah why the heck did NG get thrown into this topic 2 different games ppl come on jeez stop haten btw he said unbiasedCommanderTy

why do i keep falling for your sig