Deus Ex: Manking Divided Trademarked

#1 Posted by Animal-Mother (26948 posts) -

Thanks, Gaf Is this the Deus Ex sequel we asked for?

Name: DEUS EX: MANKIND DIVIDED

Filing number: 012735353

Basis: CTM

Date of receipt: 27/03/2014

Type:Word

Nature: INDIVIDUAL

Nice classes: 9, 16, 41 ( Nice classification )

Vienna classification

Filing date: 27/03/2014

Registration date:

Expiry date:

Designation date:

Filing language: English

Second language: French

Application reference: JR/AM/N31025

Trade mark status: Application under examination

Acquired distinctiveness: No

#2 Edited by SolidTy (43300 posts) -

Title: Deus Ex: Manking Divided Trademarked

---

Dem Mankings need to be divided lest they team up to rule the world. inb4 title change.

#3 Posted by Desmonic (14056 posts) -

inb4 iOS/Android exclusive.

#4 Posted by Animal-Mother (26948 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

---

Dem Mankings need to be divided lest they team up to rule the world. inb4 title change.

Nahh manking sounds better.

#5 Posted by Animal-Mother (26948 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Yah think?

#6 Edited by SolidTy (43300 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@SolidTy said:

---

Nahh manking sounds better.

That's what I am saying, hence the added story about these dreaded Kings and why I employed the reverse psychology spoiler in hopes for the typo to remain.

My other post is disappeared. Shame that, however it seems all is going according to plan and everyone wins.

#7 Posted by lundy86_4 (43419 posts) -

Come on you glorious barstewards. Gimme some more Deus Ex goodness.

#8 Posted by Desmonic (14056 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

Yah think?

Considering the last one was indeed an iOS exclusive.... :P

Nah but seriously, would love a proper sequel! Deux Ex: HR was a lot of fun! :)

#9 Posted by Animal-Mother (26948 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:

Come on you glorious barstewards. Gimme some more Deus Ex goodness.

Have you tried the fall? It seems like they did an ok job with it.

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

Yah think?

Well it came to steam recently and looks a little more "proper"

And I agree HR was a goddamn blast.

#10 Posted by Kaze_no_Mirai (11344 posts) -

@SolidTy said:

---

I spent a good five seconds trying to figure out how to read it before realizing it was a typo, haha

#11 Edited by SolidTy (43300 posts) -

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

@SolidTy said:

---

I spent a good five seconds trying to figure out how to read it before realizing it was a typo, haha

Hahaha. That title caught my eye from the main page, that's for sure. lol.

Here's hoping it's a kick ass sequel. :)

#12 Posted by TheShadowLord07 (22129 posts) -

I am excited but I am expecting the worse really. If its just another tom clancy division/destiny type of game, I will sorely be disappointed(amd very pissed). Also someone on neogaf mention it could be running on unreal engine 4, so it should look pretty good graphics wise.

#13 Posted by Heil68 (44508 posts) -

Hope it turns out to be a proper game and not an IOS game.

#14 Posted by Desmonic (14056 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

@Animal-Mother said:

@Desmonic said:

Yah think?

Well it came to steam recently and looks a little more "proper"

And I agree HR was a goddamn blast.

I've heard (from Blab). Though he didn't seem to like it much :P

HR was awesome, though there was indeed a lot they could improve. You were given master sneak skills but the combat was lousy, many areas felt very straightforward and tiny despite the ability to pursue different paths or methods, the side-quests started really strong early on (IMO) but kinda lost steam after a while, etc.

So yeah, looking forward for a proper sequel! :D They have a strong base to build upon, hope they don't waste that chance!

#15 Posted by AznbkdX (3203 posts) -

Hilariously enough 'Manking' would actually be justifiable for the Deus Ex series. :P

#16 Edited by SolidTy (43300 posts) -

@AznbkdX said:

Hilariously enough 'Manking' would actually be justifiable for the Deus Ex series. :P

I was thinking that too, lol, but I couldn't construct a strong enough reference/ Deus Ex joke in time and also be the first post. I'll just quote and endorse this post instead. :)

#17 Posted by -God- (466 posts) -

does it take place after or before Jesus Christ Denton?

#18 Edited by SolidTy (43300 posts) -

@-God- said:

does it take place after or before Jesus Christ Denton?

Lol. Shout out to my boy, JC! Denton

#19 Edited by Blabadon (26331 posts) -

@Desmonic: It controls like shit mainly. I imagine if you're up for Deus Ex with concessions it'll be fine on PC.

Hoping Manking... kind is an upcoming game for 2015 or so. With this and Arkham Knight it's harder to resist the next gen.

#20 Posted by Desmonic (14056 posts) -

@Blabadon said:

@Desmonic: It controls like shit mainly. I imagine if you're up for Deus Ex with concessions it'll be fine on PC.

Going Manking... kind is an upcoming game for 2015 or so. With this and Arkham Knight it's harder to resist the next gen.

Ah, I see. I'll try to check it out soon enough (aka when it goes on sale :P ).

Yeah, it would appear I'll either have to properly upgrade my PC or just buy a PS4/X1 before the end of the year. Dem games man!

#21 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

Hopefully a good successor to the original.

#22 Posted by lundy86_4 (43419 posts) -

@Animal-Mother said:

Have you tried the fall? It seems like they did an ok job with it.

Not Yet. I might have to give it a go sometime.

#23 Posted by Desmonic (14056 posts) -

I like how the title is still about Manking's :P

#24 Edited by tymeservesfate (1847 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Hope it turns out to be a proper game and not an IOS game.

lol aheh...but no, i wouldnt mind a next gen Deus Ex. the last one was alright...it might have had too options actually lol.

#25 Edited by Flubbbs (3093 posts) -

i want it inside me now.. i mean in my ps4

#26 Posted by silversix_ (14592 posts) -

hopefully this one doesn't look like a pc title from 03

#27 Posted by -God- (466 posts) -

@Flubbbs said:

i want it inside me now.. i mean in my ps4

I'm gonna get it on PC, where it controls, looks and runs better.

#28 Posted by PhazonBlazer (11845 posts) -

I am the Manking.

Bow before me scrubs!

#29 Posted by R4gn4r0k (16612 posts) -

@Desmonic said:

Can't be a true sequel if it's not for IOS/Android

#30 Posted by Stringerboy (7021 posts) -

The team who made Human Revolution are definitely working on another Deus Ex. This could be it.

#31 Posted by Animal-Mother (26948 posts) -

@PhazonBlazer said:

I am the Manking.

Bow before me scrubs!

You dare challenge the manking?

@Stringerboy said:

The team who made Human Revolution are definitely working on another Deus Ex. This could be it.

Hopefully they've been talking about having there cross media stuff for a while so. But you're most likely right a new DR is definitely is in the works.

#32 Posted by jg4xchamp (48116 posts) -

Cool, how about this time

-No shitty boss fights that contradict the whole building your character process
-Stealth mechanics/shooting mechanics that actually are satisfying, or at the least become more satisfying as you go forward. Game was janky/sluggish and relying too often on it's branching paths to make the gameplay exciting. Because the mechanics and the enemies sure as hell didn't.
-Less binary design. The original Deus Ex had so many areas that had more going for them than "go through this vent behind the soda machine" or "go in guns blazing because yolo".
-Less yellow. Like universally it be great if that game universe completely ignored the color yellow.

#33 Edited by cainetao11 (17550 posts) -

@SolidTy:

LOL I was thinking that's a strange title, until I opened the thread. Cant let them ever get together

#34 Posted by Animal-Mother (26948 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

-No shitty boss fights that contradict the whole building your character process

-Stealth mechanics/shooting mechanics that actually are satisfying, or at the least become more satisfying as you go forward. Game was janky/sluggish and relying too often on it's branching paths to make the gameplay exciting. Because the mechanics and the enemies sure as hell didn't.

-Less binary design. The original Deus Ex had so many areas that had more going for them than "go through this vent behind the soda machine" or "go in guns blazing because yolo".

-Less yellow. Like universally it be great if that game universe completely ignored the color yellow.

lol "go in guns blazing because yolo"

#35 Posted by SNIPER4321 (10143 posts) -

This is stupid stupid name.

#36 Posted by SolidTy (43300 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

@SolidTy:

LOL I was thinking that's a strange title, until I opened the thread. Cant let them ever get together

No, it's going to be tough, but we're up to the challenge...provided we spend $60. Some people think the thread title is the real title, hahaha.

#37 Edited by organic_machine (9686 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

Also, adequate AI. I'm not even asking for good AI (althought don't get me wrong, that'd be nice), I'm asking for AI that isn't terrible!

#38 Edited by Jankarcop (9515 posts) -

I hope they bring "skills" back, maybe in the forms of perk lines.

Also more active augs.

#39 Posted by jg4xchamp (48116 posts) -

@organic_machine said:

@jg4xchamp said:

Also, adequate AI. I'm not even asking for good AI (althought don't get me wrong, that'd be nice), I'm asking for AI that isn't terrible!

Yeah, that too.

What did you think of Dishonored? Not that the game had good AI or anything(it really didn't), but the game mitigated that stuff better with better thought out guard patterns and mission designs. Plus overall that game at the least makes the using stealth for killing option enjoyable(that shit sucks in the new Deus Ex), only thing Dishonored needs to work on is make stealthing around the game not an absolute joke(you're too OP for that style of gameplay to be satisfying with the way they made missions, plus you ever get that see through walls perk? gg difficulty if you plan on being sneaky).

That said though I bought I had more freedom in Dishonored than I do when playing Human Revolution. I'm not all that into the hype train behind the original Deus Ex, but I do appreciate the novelty of that game and how much different shit it had going on. Human Revolution on the flip side is straight neutered.

#40 Edited by Basinboy (11168 posts) -

I truly hope they don't wind up using it. The intended audience is smart enough to recognize a new Deus Ex when it's shown - they don't need a generic subtitle to sell copies to the mainstream