Deep Down PS4 Gameplay

• 174 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#151 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

You're not alone. It really is as dark as you think. I can barely see any ambient lighting and most of everything is just cloaked in black. That pic is just of a very brightly lit, small enviornment. 

cfisher2833

I agree it was dark as shit but some of that has to do with it not being Direct Feed. At least I hope so

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#152 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

Some info

- Its online only

- Randomly generated levels

- Set in New York in the year 2094

- PS4 Esclusive

- SCE co-developing the game

- WWS (Naughty Dog, Santa Monica) Co-developing the Panta Rhei engine with Capcom.

Obviously_Right

This better not be a next gen trend... Basically these games will depend on the liveliness of the community. They can be shut down at any point and the game becomes useless...

List of next gen games heavily relying on internest connection

-Driveclub

-Titan Fall (required)

-Deep Down (required)

-Destiny (required)

Screw that!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#153 deactivated-59b71619573a1

This better not be a next gen trend... Basically these games will depend on the liveliness of the community. They can be shut down at any point and the game becomes useless... Screw that!

Pikminmaniac

I reckon it will happen, it stinks of being a thinly veiled DRM policy

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#154 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11514 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

This better not be a next gen trend... Basically these games will depend on the liveliness of the community. They can be shut down at any point and the game becomes useless... Screw that!

seanmcloughlin

I reckon it will happen, it stinks of being a thinly veiled DRM policy

Yeah that's exactly how it feels to me.

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155 AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

[QUOTE="trollhunter2"]

[QUOTE="zeeshanhaider"]

So they manage to make it run on PS4 after downgrading it.:lol:

zeeshanhaider

downgrade it :? you can really see the quality from recorded camera footage :?? Gosh trolls on systemwars doesnt make sense anymore. Wait until we have direct footage of it, before judging the graphics :roll: *sigh*

It was shown on a PC first while being an exclusive in a Sony exclusive show then a teaser released with $hitty graphics now this. Remain butthurt.:lol:

What they showed today easily matched the initial trailer now its confirmed exclusive to PS4 stay butthurt you don't get it at all.

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#156 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

Some info

- Its online only

- PS4 Esclusive

- WWS (Naughty Dog, Santa Monica) Co-developing the Panta Rhei engine with Capcom.

Pikminmaniac

Honestly I think it sucks that many games will probably be like this, but at the same time think that people are going overboard with all this stuff about being shut down, or not having good performance. 

By this point especially in the first world, if you don't got any form of internet yet and you buy anything remotely from this age, or are just afraid of things that work off the internet, then you might as well give up several features of many modern products tbh. It's an integral part to everything now. So much that they decided to directly put everything through it.

I thought Nintendo was behind the times but some of you guys still complain about this shit?

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 rjdofu
Member since 2008 • 9171 Posts

[QUOTE="rjdofu"][QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

I bet if this was shown and was said to be X1 exclusive tonnes of people would say it looks downgraded

seanmcloughlin

It's already said by a few people in this thread.

Correct, I should have said it as "a lot more people" 

The game is weird though, some sections I see like the dragon fight look great then other scenes where there's more lighting look weak. 

like this screenshot is terribly underwhelming.and the lack of AA is concerning, we shouldn't be having such noticeable jaggies with next gen

deepdown_lower_marqz6umg.jpg

True, add to the fact that we don't know what framerate this game will run on. My guess is 30FPS, which makes it even worse. Jaggies is not a huge problem to me,downgrade to improve performance is fine, but downgrade while performance still staying low is unacceptable.
cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#158 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

[QUOTE="Obviously_Right"]

Some info

- Its online only

- PS4 Esclusive

AznbkdX

Honestly I think it sucks that many games will probably be like this, but at the same time think that people are going overboard with all this stuff about being shut down, or not having good performance. 

By this point especially in the first world, if you don't got any form of internet yet and you buy anything remotely from this age, or are afraid of things that work off the internet, then you might as well give up several features of many modern products tbh. It's an integral part to everything now. So much that they decided to directly put everything through it.

I thought Nintendo was behind the times but some of you guys still complain about this shit?

You're missing the point. The issue isn't MY internet, the issue is THEIR internet. Specifically: their servers

If Blizzard can't do it, no one can do it. Maxis should have known this and Capcom should know it. 

Tessellation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159 Tessellation
Member since 2009 • 9297 Posts
Dat massive downgrade :cool:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 deactivated-59b71619573a1

True, add to the fact that we don't know what framerate this game will run on. My guess is 30FPS, which makes it even worse. Jaggies is not a huge problem to me,downgrade to improve performance is fine, but downgrade while performance still staying low is unacceptable.rjdofu

Agreed, I really wanna see a direct feed clip of that boss fight though to really judge the game. 

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161 Phazevariance
Member since 2003 • 12356 Posts

So a randomly generated corridor TPS that looks like DarkSouls.  ... nah, i'll pass.

rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162 rjdofu

So a randomly generated corridor TPS that looks like Ryse.  ... nah, i'll pass.

Phazevariance

eh, wtf are you talking about?

xOMGITSJASONx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163 xOMGITSJASONx
Member since 2009 • 2634 Posts

I hope this game does what Demon's Souls did for the PS3. 

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#164 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

[QUOTE="AznbkdX"]

[QUOTE="Pikminmaniac"]

cfisher2833

By this point especially in the first world, if you don't got any form of internet yet and you buy anything remotely from this age, or are afraid of things that work off the internet, then you might as well give up several features of many modern products tbh. It's an integral part to everything now. So much that they decided to directly put everything through it.

You're missing the point. The issue isn't MY internet, the issue is THEIR internet. Specifically: their servers

If Blizzard can't do it, no one can do it. Maxis should have known this and Capcom should know it. 

You have a point and I didn't really read it carefully due to so much crap about this stuff lately. Flows in one ear and out the other. Sorry about that Pikmin if you are reading this. :(

Anyways, it's still silly that people are still freaked out about this stuff. So far most of these games have been around for awhile now that have online only connection. If it does get shut down you can be sure that their is already a sequel. :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 deactivated-59b71619573a1

I hope this game does what Demon's Souls did for the PS3. 

xOMGITSJASONx

I really doubt it will

Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166 Phazevariance

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"]

So a randomly generated corridor TPS that looks like Darksouls.  ... nah, i'll pass.

rjdofu

Fixed
rjdofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167 rjdofu
[QUOTE="rjdofu"]

[QUOTE="Phazevariance"]

So a randomly generated corridor TPS that looks like Darksouls.  ... nah, i'll pass.

Phazevariance

Fixed

Do you know what TPS stands for?
Phazevariance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 Phazevariance
[QUOTE="Phazevariance"][QUOTE="rjdofu"]

rjdofu
Fixed

Do you know what TPS stands for?

That Pesky Sony The Proverbial Sasquatch Time Provokes Stupidity maybe Three People Solvent? Looks pretty third person to me even if he is using a stick as a weapon.
g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169 g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

Looks Epic.
I bet the people comparing it Demons Souls and Dark Souls (great games) probably have not played them.

Just because it has Sword and Shield and a Dragon does not make it a copy of Demons Souls.

ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts
looks like demons soul/dark soulsnarutosup
hybridize with Assassins Creed story concept :p
Blazed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 Blazed
Member since 2005 • 2947 Posts

This looks better 

ss6.jpg

ss3.jpg

Samus3D

The gameplay is better but graphically no

dd3.gif

SexyJazzCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172 SexyJazzCat
Member since 2013 • 2796 Posts

Looks Epic.
I bet the people comparing it Demons Souls and Dark Souls (great games) probably have not played them.

Just because it has Sword and Shield and a Dragon does not make it a copy of Demons Souls.

g0ddyX

I don't understand why people are complaining. Them copying Demons Souls is a FVCKING GOOD THING!!!

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#173 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

ac type with japanese writters? omg good luck extracting actual information and clarity.....long winded mess is what im predicting. hows the gameplay demo compared to the reveal trailer? i cant tell from that vid

Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

I'm actually very happy with how this game is looking atm, and I don't just mean graphically.
That last "Survival Horror" esq trailer set my hype for this pretty low but I'm really looking forward to it now.

Also randomly generated areas = oh mother f*cking yes, MP is gonna fun.