Dedicated Servers coming to COD: Ghosts on all Platforms

• 63 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PhazonBlazer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1 PhazonBlazer
Member since 2007 • 12013 Posts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/07/call-of-duty-ghosts-to-use-dedicated-servers-on-all-platforms

Bu...but teh Xbone exclusive lel.

ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 ramonnl
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

They better be, they earn so much money from milking cod. they can give some back.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 XBOunity
Member since 2013 • 3837 Posts

good news for ps4 owners, but i doubt the experience will be as good. dat proxy server garbage.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#5 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts
Where is the power of the cloud now, Microsoft?
Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Still gonna have garbage matchmaking.

muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

Where is the power of the cloud now, Microsoft?charizard1605

GTA Online showed the power of the cloud. 

muffin200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 muffin200
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts

Where is the power of the cloud now, Microsoft?charizard1605

GTA Online showed the power of the cloud. 

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#10 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

Had my PS4 version pre-ordered since the day they announced it.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

good news for ps4 owners, but i doubt the experience will be as good. dat proxy server garbage.

kingoflife9

huh? i sense jealousy and anger.

jealousy? of what proxy servers and inferior online to XBL? Nope, i said good news for PS4 owners, hope matchmaking works a little bit for you my friend.

Consternated

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Consternated
Member since 2013 • 848 Posts
Meh. MW was great on PC, but dedicated servers aren't enough to get me buying CoD10.
inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#13 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Didn't lems use this as ownage that only they got exclusive servers for CoD?

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10503 Posts

Didn't lems use this as ownage that only they got exclusive servers for CoD?

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="kingoflife9"]

kingoflife9

jealousy? of what proxy servers and inferior online to XBL? Nope, i said good news for PS4 owners, hope matchmaking works a little bit for you my friend.

hey buddy, your delusional. i just finished a black ops 2 match on the "inferior" psn. had zero lag, went 21-5 with zero problems and no deaths around corners. so i have no idea what your talking about.

so much so you have to explain that to me? lets throw a party, lol, your PSN didnt crash lol!! talk about setting the bar low. I hope you dont get proxy servers and I hope matchmaking isnt 2006ish esquelike experience. also Sony wants your money.

LA-Nighthawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LA-Nighthawk
Member since 2013 • 335 Posts
PlayStation always one step behind. CoD is so 2009, it's all about Titanfall.
Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Whiteknight19
Member since 2003 • 1303 Posts

You all do know the dedi they be using is the same setup as to what GG is doing half peer to peer and half dedi so basically what that means is they find a  suitable high pinged host n if that host leaves the  dedicated server will take over until a more suitable host comes along

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

[QUOTE="kingoflife9"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

XBOunity

Inferior? :lol: have you ever played on PSN? there is nothing superior about XBL it was always the party chat and now that its coming to PS4 there is nothing so "superior" about XBL heck there is no point in it being $10 more than PS+.

playing CoD on PSN never ever caused a lag and this is coming from a pretty big CoD fan who played every single CoD game on PS3 to date ;)

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts
Well at least a ps4 game is getting dedicated servers.
Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

So much for XBL being a superior online service and the power of the cloud :lol:

There is literally no reason anymore for anybody to buy an Xbone. Even if all you play is COD you get the same experience and the better controller for $100 cheaper on PS4.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="kingoflife9"]

finalstar2007

Inferior? :lol: have you ever played on PSN? there is nothing superior about XBL it was always the party chat and now that its coming to PS4 there is nothing so "superior" about XBL heck there is no point in it being $10 more than PS+.

playing CoD on PSN never ever caused a lag and this is coming from a pretty big CoD fan who played every single CoD game on PS3 to date ;)

yes the speed of PSN is fast right? You never owned a 360 and never been online on XBL. take it from someone who has been on both. PSN is a piece of sh*t compared to XBL, in all aspects. Try it sometime, and yeah PSN so superior it was down 24 days because it was hacked with childlike network security. Lets be real here.

ramonnl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 ramonnl
Member since 2010 • 769 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

XBOunity

yes the speed of PSN is fast right? You never owned a 360 and never been online on XBL. take it from someone who has been on both. PSN is a piece of sh*t compared to XBL, in all aspects. Try it sometime, and yeah PSN so superior it was down 24 days because it was hacked with childlike network security. Lets be real here.

xbl is paid PSN was free, now that psn will be paid it should work much better.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 XBOunity

Well at least a ps4 game is getting dedicated servers. RoslindaleOne

lets throw a party, and lets hope its not proxy, still a party if its that proxy garbage.

RoslindaleOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RoslindaleOne
Member since 2006 • 7566 Posts

[QUOTE="RoslindaleOne"]Well at least a ps4 game is getting dedicated servers. XBOunity

lets throw a party, and lets hope its not proxy, still a party if its that proxy garbage.

Now now. Be nice to the calves. :)
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

ramonnl

we can only hope, last I heard xbox live is the one adding about 295,000 servers and actively improving. so yes its improving, but you are getting a 2007 ish experience on PSN that I have already experienced. whereas on XBL its another ballgame, welcome to 2013. dont worry PSN will lag behind and try and implement all the things that XBL will do, and hopefully we they can improve on DL speed. If they dont I wouldnt be surprised, id never put a dollar into that network, especially after it got hacked by some 12 year old hacker.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="kingoflife9"]

hey buddy, your delusional. i just finished a black ops 2 match on the "inferior" psn. had zero lag, went 21-5 with zero problems and no deaths around corners. so i have no idea what your talking about.

kingoflife9

so much so you have to explain that to me? lets throw a party, lol, your PSN didnt crash lol!! talk about setting the bar low. I hope you dont get proxy servers and I hope matchmaking isnt 2006ish esquelike experience. also Sony wants your money.

what the hell? you mad haha.

no buddy, not mad, just realistic. good luck i hope pSN delivers you a good experience with COD

darkangel115

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 darkangel115
Member since 2013 • 4562 Posts

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10/07/call-of-duty-ghosts-to-use-dedicated-servers-on-all-platforms

Bu...but teh Xbone exclusive lel.

PhazonBlazer
you mean listen servers...like killzone? dedis =/= listen servers. why mention listen servers at all since we know PC, X1, and 360 have dedis (already confirmed) Sony will have listen servers which is still P2P
Whiteknight19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Whiteknight19
Member since 2003 • 1303 Posts

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

XBOunity

yes the speed of PSN is fast right? You never owned a 360 and never been online on XBL. take it from someone who has been on both. PSN is a piece of sh*t compared to XBL, in all aspects. Try it sometime, and yeah PSN so superior it was down 24 days because it was hacked with childlike network security. Lets be real here. Also im gay

xbox live has been hacked to

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="ramonnl"]

kingoflife9

we can only hope, last I heard xbox live is the one adding about 295,000 servers and actively improving. so yes its improving, but you are getting a 2007 ish experience on PSN that I have already experienced. whereas on XBL its another ballgame, welcome to 2013. dont worry PSN will lag behind and try and implement all the things that XBL will do, and hopefully we they can improve on DL speed. If they dont I wouldnt be surprised, id never put a dollar into that network, especially after it got hacked by some 12 year old hacker.

I dont even want to bring this up but I had an in depth convo with people actually working with the x1 and Live will be a completely different experience on the x1 than it was on the 360...its much worse. What you know of Live now is not the same Live coming to the x1, it will be much worse. Thats all Im allowed to say.

who shen the make believe dev? yes i know, i saw and laughed about what he wrote. he also is convinced that im an astroturf marketer being paid to post on this site for microsoft. think as you may, ill stick to what never failed me in XBL. i wouldnt pay a dime for PSN plus, the multiplayer should of stayed free for many reasons, and one of them is being hacked and having the security of a mom and pop internet company. That was a shame, and its a shame they are charging.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

So much for XBL being a superior online service and the power of the cloud :lol:

There is literally no reason anymore for anybody to buy an Xbone. Even if all you play is COD you get the same experience and the better controller for $100 cheaper on PS4.

NathanDrakeSwag
DLC first on X1 ;)
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="finalstar2007"]

Whiteknight19

yes the speed of PSN is fast right? You never owned a 360 and never been online on XBL. take it from someone who has been on both. PSN is a piece of sh*t compared to XBL, in all aspects. Try it sometime, and yeah PSN so superior it was down 24 days because it was hacked with childlike network security. Lets be real here. Also im gay

xbox live has been hacked to

\

nope sorry. only thing remotely close is people who were stupid enough to give out info on a phishing scam. never been hacked, never been down for 24 days like pSN, never had to bow and apologize like Kaz did for Sony. lets be real, Microsoft is good at what they do, i dont discount Sony in the hardware area, but then again im realistic.

XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="kingoflife9"]

I dont even want to bring this up but I had an in depth convo with people actually working with the x1 and Live will be a completely different experience on the x1 than it was on the 360...its much worse. What you know of Live now is not the same Live coming to the x1, it will be much worse. Thats all Im allowed to say.

kingoflife9

who shen the make believe dev? yes i know, i saw and laughed about what he wrote. he also is convinced that im an astroturf marketer being paid to post on this site for microsoft. think as you may, ill stick to what never failed me in XBL. i wouldnt pay a dime for PSN plus, the multiplayer should of stayed free for many reasons, and one of them is being hacked and having the security of a mom and pop internet company. That was a shame, and its a shame they are charging.

mark my words. you will regret the x1. remember this effin face, whenever you think of xbox one fail you'll see this effin face. no oen knows games like me, not this little F, none of you little F's out there...

hqdefault.jpg

ok i have no idea what you are talking about, implying, or getting at. But no, i wont take your word for it, or shens :lol: ill take my own word for it, i have been on XBL since the beta. The beta had less problems than PSN did.

Avatar image for Thecongregation
Thecongregation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Thecongregation
Member since 2013 • 146 Posts
Wow people. It's only one game.
XBOunity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 XBOunity

[QUOTE="XBOunity"]

[QUOTE="kingoflife9"]

mark my words. you will regret the x1. remember this effin face, whenever you think of xbox one fail you'll see this effin face. no oen knows games like me, not this little F, none of you little F's out there...

hqdefault.jpg

kingoflife9

ok i have no idea what you are talking about, implying, or getting at. But no, i wont take your word for it, or shens :lol: ill take my own word for it, i have been on XBL since the beta. The beta had less problems than PSN did.

they made psn awesome on the ps4, cant wait to use it. and you never even had psn, i had live and psn. see no difference except that psn was free. but good luck with everything I hope it works out well for you. just remember this effin face when Live become shit.

ok psn for ps4 is awesome, glad you experiencing it. silent bob and jay wont take down XBL, tell Shen i said lol and good luck, im on PSN if you want my gamertags PM me brother. ill friend you up.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts
cant be true according to lems...xbone is the only system to have dedicated servers
lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

whoopty doo

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Well at least a ps4 game is getting dedicated servers. RoslindaleOne

DriveClub has dedicated servers.

Netherscourge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 Netherscourge
Member since 2003 • 16364 Posts

[QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

xxyetixx

DLC first on X1 ;)

Yea, and we thank you again for Beta Testing that DLC content for us PS4 owners.

Make sure you squash all those bugs so we get the nice, clean version of it.

;)

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

[QUOTE="xxyetixx"][QUOTE="NathanDrakeSwag"]

Netherscourge

DLC first on X1 ;)

Yea, and we thank you again for Beta Testing that DLC content for us PS4 owners.

Make sure you squash all those bugs so we get the nice, clean version of it.

;)

lol, yeah as if Activision would actually fix bugs

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

But teh Powah of teh Cloud?!

Microsoft sold these Xbox fanboys a dream.

Avatar image for Deadman_est1982
Deadman_est1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Deadman_est1982
Member since 2004 • 1188 Posts

I took a break during Black Ops 2. Tried it. Really liked the campaign but hated the multiplayer. Dedicated servers for Ghosts huh? Hmmm. Looks like I'll be stepping back in the COD universe.

Avatar image for Deadman_est1982
Deadman_est1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 Deadman_est1982
Member since 2004 • 1188 Posts

I took a break during Black Ops 2. Tried it. Really liked the campaign but hated the multiplayer. Dedicated servers for Ghosts huh? Hmmm. Looks like I'll be stepping back in the COD universe.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
deactivated-5c79c3cfce222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#50 deactivated-5c79c3cfce222
Member since 2009 • 4715 Posts
Wonder why this took such time to confirm. Microsoft planning on moneyhatting it, but things fell through?