Dead Rising and Lost Planet to keep exclusive

This topic is locked from further discussion.

elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts

"Dead Rising and Lost Planet are not slated to appear on Wii or PS3," noting that the reasons for the continued exclusivity "are quite convoluted" and are bound by a slew of suspicious non-disclosure agreement

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/26/dead-rising-and-lost-planet-to-remain-xbox-360-exclusives/

capcom can go to hell. they are  money hungry pigs...talking about all this crap about spreadin their love for million of  fans by makin their  games mulitplatform..lmao..capcom offically lost my respect..this how they show loyality to sony by stabbin them in the back..if they are able to make dmc4 mulitplatform? i dont see who they cant do the same with lost planet and dead rising...i hope capcom wipe their butt with all the money they gettin from microsoft..

rykaziel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 rykaziel
Member since 2003 • 1149 Posts
It's because there are not enough PS3s to justify the cost of porting it over yet. This isn't a difficult concept.
Puckhog04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Puckhog04
Member since 2003 • 22814 Posts
Both have sold 1+ million on the 360. It would be a waste for them to port either at this point.
Avatar image for RurouniSaiyajin
RurouniSaiyajin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 RurouniSaiyajin
Member since 2007 • 4951 Posts

It's because there are not enough PS3s to justify the cost of porting it over yet. This isn't a difficult concept. rykaziel

No. It's because Capcom doesn't believe in going back in time and redoing games for other systems according to the article. However, based on what they are saying in this article, you can expect the sequels to these two games to be multiplatform.

Avatar image for Mikazukinoyaiba
Mikazukinoyaiba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mikazukinoyaiba
Member since 2007 • 733 Posts
Capcom NEVER had a loyalty towards Sony. Unless Sony wanted to start signing the paychecks for Capcom's employees. This is what THIRD PARTY DEVELOPER means. Honestly you guys getting all pissy about simple business politics and manners, it is YOUR fault for actually believing Capcom would always be with Sony.
JeffGenocideX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 JeffGenocideX
Member since 2004 • 4853 Posts

"Dead Rising and Lost Planet are not slated to appear on Wii or PS3," noting that the reasons for the continued exclusivity "are quite convoluted" and are bound by a slew of suspicious non-disclosure agreement

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/03/26/dead-rising-and-lost-planet-to-remain-xbox-360-exclusives/

capcom can go to hell. they are  money hungry pigs...talking about all this crap about spreadin their love for million of  fans by makin their  games mulitplatform..lmao..capcom offically lost my respect..this how they show loyality to sony by stabbin them in the back..if they are able to make dmc4 mulitplatform? i dont see who they cant do the same with lost planet and dead rising...i hope capcom wipe their butt with all the money they gettin from microsoft..

elementz28

:lol: awww someone is upset, its ok. Everything will be ok.

pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts
This crying is getting way out of hand. Capcom doesn't own anything to Sony.
Avatar image for fighttothedeath
fighttothedeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fighttothedeath
Member since 2004 • 66 Posts
Contracts my friend, I'm sure Capcom is bound by some sort of agreement by Microsoft as to what they can do with those 2 titles, MS ain't no fool!!!  Cry all you want it's all about business
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
Cows self-owned themselves yet again, assuming these titles would be multiplat. It's a shame really.
geist117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 geist117
Member since 2006 • 4419 Posts
Yeah, but the sequals might go over to PS3 if the sales ever pick up, if not. I doubt cows will ever get to play a dead rising or lost planet game on their beloved Flopstation 3.
BioEffect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BioEffect
Member since 2007 • 521 Posts

elementz28
Lost Planet 2 and Dead Rising 2 will be multiplatform. I understand why they wouldnt wanna go back and make an old game when they can work on a whole new one. Dont worry they are coming to PS3.
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
It's because there are not enough PS3s to justify the cost of porting it over yet. This isn't a difficult concept. rykaziel
hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 hellsing321
Member since 2005 • 9608 Posts
Why cry over it? If you really want to play them you can always buy a 360. I'm sure the future sequels will probably be multi-plat, since the PS3 will have a larger user base to justify bringing them over.
Paktahn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Paktahn
Member since 2002 • 2093 Posts
So it's Capcom's fault that Sony added blue ray and pushed up the price of the PS3 so it could win the format war? If it didn't cost $600 it would be selling more and developers could make a profit on exclusive games. It's also hard to program for, even though this wouldn't be a problem if it were selling better. Companies need to make profits or they die and Capcom isn't the only one taking their PS3 exclusive multiplat.
Grive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Grive
Member since 2006 • 2971 Posts
Wait wait wait. What? Money hungry pigs... that means releasing on the PS3 will actually make them lose money (otherwise, they'd be all over it). And barring that, weren't cows mooing left and right that these two games sucked and flopped and whatnot? And in any case, this sounds almost, but not quite, exactly like what they said to RE4. Capcom ain't particularly honest when it comes to something being exclusive.
conceru3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 conceru3
Member since 2007 • 507 Posts

elementz28

So that leaves Bioshock, Elveon, Two Worlds and Eternal Sonata for PS3, those can be the only games that 1UP suggested 360 should loose to PS3

omarguy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 omarguy01
Member since 2004 • 8139 Posts

[QUOTE="rykaziel"]It's because there are not enough PS3s to justify the cost of porting it over yet. This isn't a difficult concept. RurouniSaiyajin

No. It's because Capcom doesn't believe in going back in time and redoing games for other systems according to the article. However, based on what they are saying in this article, you can expect the sequels to these two games to be multiplatform.

this is probably true... cry me a river TC :lol:
SemiMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 81

#19 SemiMaster
Member since 2006 • 19011 Posts
I wonder if people cried their eyes out when Megaman appeared on the Playstation...
Kook18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Kook18
Member since 2006 • 4257 Posts
wait, why can't you just buy a 360 for those games? do you cows really have some sort of vendetta against owning a 360? get over it.
Nugtoka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Nugtoka
Member since 2003 • 1812 Posts
I say we start a petition for capcom to bring those old games over to PS3 and help put a stop to this mad cow's disease.
joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
Yeah, they are going forward with the multi-plat stuff.  No reason to make PS3 versions of those games with the small install base of PS3 right now.  I'm sure that there will be both PS3 and 360 sequels if they decide to make them for either franchise.  By the way, speaking of Lost Planet.  Wow, that game had the most nonsensical story of any game I've ever played.  The cut scenes make about as much sense as the "All Your Base are Belong to Us" intro to Zero Wing.  I liked the game itself though, and the cut scenes actually provide great unintentional comedy.
jimbob9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 jimbob9999
Member since 2003 • 1120 Posts
So basically what you're saying is.... when Capcom port a game, they're being unloyal and greedy.
When they don't port a game, they're also being unloyal and greedy.

Well, the only solution would be for them to just not make any games anymore, great.
elementz28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 elementz28
Member since 2007 • 1829 Posts

So basically what you're saying is.... when Capcom port a game, they're being unloyal and greedy.

Well, the only solution would be for them to just not make any games anymore, great.jimbob9999

if you have friend that is only about money you better watch your back..sony learn their lesson.. 

KeyWii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 KeyWii
Member since 2006 • 4884 Posts
They'll be multiplat, if not, there sequels sure will be. If there's one thing we know, we can't believe any of that crap Capcom spoon feeds us.
hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hellsing321

[QUOTE="jimbob9999"]So basically what you're saying is.... when Capcom port a game, they're being unloyal and greedy.

Well, the only solution would be for them to just not make any games anymore, great.elementz28

if you have friend that is only about money you better watch your back..sony learn their lesson..

Capcom isn't Sony's friend. Corporations don't have any use for friends. They only work together when it benefits themselves.
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

[QUOTE="rykaziel"]It's because there are not enough PS3s to justify the cost of porting it over yet. This isn't a difficult concept. RurouniSaiyajin

But lol they did that for Resident Evil 4
Adrian_Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Adrian_Cloud
Member since 2006 • 7169 Posts
Sequels will most likely be multi-plat. All the games use the same engine, so anything is possible. PS3 has been the top selling console this week, and its sales will continue to be optomistic. Capcom knows that PS3, has over a certain amount of users, that are looking for these titles. No doubt that a similar type of game will come to PS3. The question is just when.
hellsing321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hellsing321
[QUOTE="RurouniSaiyajin"]

[QUOTE="rykaziel"]It's because there are not enough PS3s to justify the cost of porting it over yet. This isn't a difficult concept. lebanese_boy

But lol they did that for Resident Evil 4

Thats mainly because they were disappointed with the sales of RE4 considering all the critical praise it received. With DR and LP(Two new IPs) They are very happy with the way things went with them.
joe_g_patton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#30 joe_g_patton
Member since 2003 • 1548 Posts
Hell yes they did it for RE IV.  They knew it would sell well due to the fact that it was an awesome game and there were like eleventy billion PS2 owners at the time :)
alfy13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 alfy13
Member since 2004 • 3600 Posts
They'll be multiplat, if not, there sequels sure will be. If there's one thing we know, we can't believe any of that crap Capcom spoon feeds us.KeyWii
amen
jimbob9999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 jimbob9999
Member since 2003 • 1120 Posts
[QUOTE="elementz28"]

[QUOTE="jimbob9999"]So basically what you're saying is.... when Capcom port a game, they're being unloyal and greedy.

Well, the only solution would be for them to just not make any games anymore, great.hellsing321

Capcom isn't Sony's friend. Corporations don't have any use for friends. They only work together when it benefits themselves.

I wouldn't say that, I think there are relationships between companies, for instance if Microsoft provide good tools and services to Capcom then obviously Capcom's going to try and stay in Microsoft's good books so they can keep getting this kind of treatment.

Two companies can be 'friends' in this way, eg: you scratch my back, I scratch yours.
At the end of the day though, Capcom is a company just as much as Sony is, personally I don't see how worked up the cows are getting so worked up over the fact they've decided to port one of their big titles over to a console that's already proven to have good sales for thier games and has a much larger install base. DMC4 isn't going to take a hit in quality as it was and still is being developed for the PS3 and it's only being ported to the 360.

Cows, you want to be upset at somebody, be upset at Sony.
Be upset for all their late launches, false promises and lies.
No, I'm not saying it's just Sony, all I'm saying is the decisions a company like Sony make such as taking out the emotion engine in the PS3 are going to affect your experience much more than a game also being on the Xbox 360.
Drukter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Drukter
Member since 2006 • 1484 Posts
Honeslty speaking. People should have LEARNED NOT to trust their statements... JUST DONT. They said DMC4 was PS3 exclusive, look what happend. You get the point, DO NOT trust them when they say things like this.
Shut_Me_Up

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Shut_Me_Up
Member since 2006 • 810 Posts
capcom can go to hell. they are  money hungry pigs...capcom offically lost my respect..this how they show loyality to sony by stabbin them in the back..elementz28
Please SHUT UP about loyalty! They have no hearts or feelings! Capcom is a company! In fact, I should even refer to Capcom as "they" but rather as "it". Of course they are money hungry pigs, and so are the people at Sony, and at Nintendo, and at Wal-Mart, and at Disney, and at McDonald's. Their job is to make money. They don't make games because it's fun, and they sure as hell don't make games because you think they're fun. They make games for money. And they would "betray" every company on the face of the planet for a profit. They would kill children, wipe out entire species, invoke genocidal war, spread plagues, bomb the moon to bits and a number of other dispicable things if they could just make a profit. So making a game for two systems isn't that big of a deal. Grow up, honestly.... Either you're 13 or you're just brain damaged and have no life, and are therefore forced to care about stupid meaningless crap like what games are on what system. Either way, you're a tool in a major way.
sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts
Ok if you guys want to play Lost Planet and Dead Rising get a god **** 360.  I've seen nothing but crying lately since DMC4 went multiplat.  Some of you act as if you have a personal vendetta against the 360.  Its a great video game machine.  Plus capcom had alot of success with the 360 and microsoft might have these two titles gripped tight so that they don't go multiplat.  Enough crying already.  Get a 360 to play Lost Planet and Dead Rising otherwise STFU!!!!
berga52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 berga52
Member since 2003 • 146 Posts

Ok if you guys want to play Lost Planet and Dead Rising get a god **** 360. I've seen nothing but crying lately since DMC4 went multiplat. Some of you act as if you have a personal vendetta against the 360. Its a great video game machine. Plus capcom had alot of success with the 360 and microsoft might have these two titles gripped tight so that they don't go multiplat. Enough crying already. Get a 360 to play Lost Planet and Dead Rising otherwise STFU!!!!sirk1264

I agree with you that if they want to play those games then they should buy a 360. But they're just doing with what many 360 owners are doing when they say they want MGS4 and FFXIII to come to the 360. They want current exclusive titles to come to their system so they don't have to go out and buy the other system. PS3 owners are asking for 2 AA titles, 360 owners are asking for 2 titles with AAA potential.

zeonne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 zeonne
Member since 2003 • 5600 Posts
[QUOTE="KeyWii"]They'll be multiplat, if not, there sequels sure will be. If there's one thing we know, we can't believe any of that crap Capcom spoon feeds us.alfy13
amen

thirded, they'll do anything for more money
Paul_TheGreat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Paul_TheGreat
Member since 2004 • 9085 Posts
Who cares:roll:
jvonrader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 jvonrader
Member since 2006 • 2183 Posts

I remember a lot of cows, right after the DMC4 multiplat announcement, saying stuff like "can't wait for Dead Rising and Lost Planet on the PS3!!!1`1!!"

Not so much, cows.

cjnwo4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 cjnwo4life
Member since 2007 • 1587 Posts
You got it right. Why don't you guys get this. Stop being emotional and sit back and think. LP sold over 1M and more than likely will sell 2M over the next year on the 360. Not all games will appeal to everyone who owns the console so as of today there are only appr. 2.6M ps3's at people's homes. Not all of them will buy LP. So until the ps3 can get 10M sold, the games will not be ported. Now there is good news for you, when LP2 comes out it will be multiplat because by then there will be 15-17M 360 and 8-12M ps3's. Just relax everything is going to be ok!