Days gone on PS4 Pro: The best looking open world game ever made?

• 77 results
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

According to this attendant from the PS4 Pro event it is.

A lot of PC players were saying TW3 was the best looking game they'd seen before but clearly Days Gone takes a shits on that graphically and it's also an open world game so what do you think?

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

NO!

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

It might be the best looking open world game on a console, but even that's debatable.

And no, it's not shitting on TW3s graphics lol. Looks to be in about the same territory if anything.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 casharmy

@rrjim1 said:

NO!

lol

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5 uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 59162 Posts

Not even close to Assassins Creed: Unity.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

Absolutely. Sony has once again come with excellence.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6
Member since 2013 • 2638 Posts

@casharmy said:

According to this attendant from the PS4 Pro event it is.

Loading Video...

A lot of PC players were saying TW3 was the best looking game they'd seen before but clearly Days Gone takes a shits on that graphically and it's also an open world game so what do you think?

Thing is TW3 wasn't even going for photorealism.. So yeah competing with TW3 makes you sound petty. Especially when this game is tryharding photorealistic visuals.

As an example: Ori and the Blind Forest is one of the best looking games out there too. Better than a lot of games trying to look real... Know what it means when people say a game looks good. It's definitely is not limited to what you think it is.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 casharmy

Took this straight from the video here so not in 4k but you can check out the kind of detail this game has for an open world game. Yikes that's impressive.

Looks like some folks here are happy about these impressions...fanboys triggered lol.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

Sony has done it again, This Is For The Players!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

@casharmy said:

Took this straight from the video here so not in 4k but you can check out the kind of detail this game has for an open world game. Yikes that's impressive.

Looks like some folks here are happy about these impressions...fanboys triggered lol.

Nah, I think you can work on using relevant comparisons. You had to choose The Witcher 3 ? Seriously?

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

With the trend that the gap between PCs and consoles in increasing, I doubt we'll see a console-exclusive"best looking" game in the near future.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By casharmy

@acp_45 said:
@casharmy said:

Nah, I think you can work on using relevant comparisons. You had to choose The Witcher 3 ? Seriously?

Let me get this straight so, when talking about an open world games praised for graphics...The Witcher 3 is now not relevant?

lol fanboys make the most mind numbingly bad arguments which prove how desperate they are when they start grasping for straws to argue against something because of their fanboy hate.

Last year all you heard was how TW3 was the best looking game released this gen, just wow.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23719 Posts

I think TW3 sucks and tbh I'd probably rather play this game.

Sorry Cash, no agenda here, just using my eyes is all.

It's a good looking open world game, I just don't care for the hyperbole.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 casharmy

@ArchoNils2 said:

With the trend that the gap between PCs and consoles in increasing, I doubt we'll see a console-exclusive"best looking" game in the near future.

The "gap" between consoles and PC has **** all to do with the actual production of a game that delivers that in a game experience.

....Let me counter your reply by asking this: Name the best looking PC exclusive released this gen.

yeah...

Spoiler

Your argument isn't very compelling considering the results, power alone =/= best looking games.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By casharmy

@ConanTheStoner said:

I think TW3 sucks and tbh I'd probably rather play this game.

Sorry Cash, no agenda here, just using my eyes is all.

It's a good looking open world game, I just don't care for the hyperbole.

lol I didn't even quote you, yeah I saw your post and I'm just add some spice to SW it's really boring here lately.

Yeah TW3 does suk and I didn't even buy full price, even tho I really wasn't interested in this during the event this game's theme is slowly growing on me. Lastly, It's opinion, but I can see where the guy is coming from this game looks better than Zero Dawn for me and more fun to boot.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46486 Posts

Best looking ? I can't tell, but it does look like a lot of fun.

It's like a lemmings + GTA + zombies kinda game. And it's made by one of my favourite developers, who only did mostly handheld games before this.

I hope their first non-handheld game is a lot better than Ready at Dawns :)

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@casharmy said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

The "gap" between consoles and PC has **** all to do with the actual production of a game that delivers that in a game experience.

....Let me counter your reply by asking this: Name the best looking PC exclusive released this gen.

yeah...

Spoiler

Your argument isn't very compelling considering the results, power alone =/= best looking games.

Well the game looks mighty impressive (I've seen the hdr video with the molotov cocktails) but there is no release date yet for this game and there is still coming some games to the pc that will be hard to beat, star citizen for instance and kingdom come deliverance (allthough they are released for the consoles as well, the pc will probably sport higher detail settings)

But games are more than graphics only, I might pick up a ps4 pro just for this game. I won't be upgrading my pc for star citizen. Deliverance is coming to the console as well, and I'm good with that.

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

This game just looks up my alley

The graphics the zombies, the ps4 pro

the branding i just love it like

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By casharmy

@commander said:
@casharmy said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

yeah...

Spoiler

Well the game looks mighty impressive (I've seen the hdr video with the molotov cocktails) but there is no release date yet for this game and there is still coming some games to the pc that will be hard to beat, star citizen for instance and kingdom come deliverance (allthough they are released for the consoles as well, the pc will probably sport higher detail settings)

But games are more than graphics only, I might pick up a ps4 pro just for this game. I won't be upgrading my pc for star citizen. Deliverance is coming to the console as well, and I'm good with that.

A good measured yet sensible reply. I can respect that.

The games you mentioned specifically I thought of when I read the attendees title and watched his video, you nailed it bro, however considering how bleeding edge top notch those PC games are in terms of graphics (pretty much the top praised PC games coming) this lowly console game is on the same graphical level and arguably better depending on who you're asking.

This is the stuff that SW was made for lol and yeah I could see arguments for SC or kingdom, but graphically there is little anyone can say to undermine this game graphically other than pure fanboyism. It IS one of the best looking open world games I've ever seen and only those unreleased games you mentioned for PC can compared in terms of graphical impressiveness considering the open world nature IMO.

commander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#21 commander
Member since 2010 • 16217 Posts

@casharmy said:
@commander said:
@casharmy said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

yeah...

Spoiler

The games you mentioned specifically I thought of when I read the attendees title and watched his video, you nailed it bro, however considering how bleeding edge top notch those PC games are in terms of graphics (pretty much the top praised PC games coming) this lowly console game is in the same graphical level and arguably better depending on who's looking.

This is the stuff that SW was made for lol and yeah I could see arguments for SC or kingdom, but graphically there is little anyone can say to undermine this game graphically other than pure fanboyism. It IS one of the best looking open world games I've ever seen and only those unreleased games you mentioned for PC can compared in terms of graphical impressiveness considering the open world nature IMO.

well days gone will defenitely be better in npc, facial detail, hair and stuff like that but open world and foliage seems to better with kingdome. Star citizen is space , so hard to compare, but given the scale of that game it's probably going to rock more polygons.

But indeed, defending the pc dominion in this day and age is going to be harder and harder with the uhd consoles. Devs don't really care about the pc anymore like they used to, and I doubt these kickstarter games are going to keep on coming. Either they aren't properly finished (elite dangerous) or they take ages to release (star citizen).

John_Read

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 John_Read
Member since 2009 • 1214 Posts

it should be compared with cyberpunk 2077

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

looks like a locked 24fps cinematic experience. thank you sony lol.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

The demo was running in native 4k which we all know will never be possible on the pro (especially in an open world game like this). The guy is also mentioning that the person playing didn't have full control. To me this looks like a tech demo of their game running on PC (like the earliest gameplay videos of Alan Wake) and then it'll be ported/downgraded for the Poo.

It does look better than anything on the Bone, tho.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

And damn, cows and especially cowangry is still butthurt over how awesome The Witcher 3 is considering it's made by a much smaller studio and still managed to trashed all Sony exclusives in all the departments. He can't get over the fact that CDPR are a PC devs at heart.

nygamespotter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nygamespotter
Member since 2016 • 523 Posts

I thought it looked great but, sorry! RDR 2 has already taken that title.

And lol at Witcher, maybe if they hadn't downgraded it to colossal amounts, it would've been relevant.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52448 Posts

I wanna see Horizon on the Pro.

FantasyGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 FantasyGamer
Member since 2015 • 517 Posts

@casharmy said:

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34698 Posts

LOL. Yeah sure, it's the best looking open game ever. Whatever helps you sleep at night.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56269 Posts

Not really. I think Horizon: Zero Dawn is the best looking open world game I seen so far from all the gameplays vids and and it does share some of the gameplay from Witcher 3 after all.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#31  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Oh look, another Playstation exclusive cows hyping up graphics over. Nobody saw this coming.

For the record, I'm interested in this game, and excited for Horizon. I also think Horizon looks much much impressive than this so far.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61519 Posts

I'll wait for a full release before talking, but it does look damn good... Which it really should.

nathanbats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#33 nathanbats
Member since 2016 • 1057 Posts

It's a tie between days gone and horizon zero dawn.

jhonMalcovich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By jhonMalcovich
Member since 2010 • 7090 Posts

I's it an actual open world? From what I saw it looks more like The last of us with slightly bigger scenery. Is there any evidence that the game will feature a big world map like gta or any other open world game ?

Avatar image for deactivated-583c85dc33d18
deactivated-583c85dc33d18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-583c85dc33d18
Member since 2016 • 1619 Posts

Will be downgraded before release

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By deactivated-5a44ec138c1e6

@casharmy said:
@acp_45 said:
@casharmy said:

Let me get this straight so, when talking about an open world games praised for graphics...The Witcher 3 is now not relevant?

lol fanboys make the most mind numbingly bad arguments which prove how desperate they are when they start grasping for straws to argue against something because of their fanboy hate.

Last year all you heard was how TW3 was the best looking game released this gen, just wow.

uhm.. no. The Witcher 3 might still look better than this simply because they aren't shooting for the same art style. This game is is going for pure photorealism. The Witcher 3 relies on being more artistic with extreme colour schemes and that is inherently atmospheric. As I said in a previous post, Ori and the Blind Forest might still look better than this. Visually.

Comparing different games with different visual styles is mind-numbing.

People might have called TW3 a good looking game but you trying to compare it to a game that has a photorealistic focus doesn't directly oppose TW3.

meaning: TW3 might still look better.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56269 Posts

@jhonMalcovich said:

I's it an actual open world? From what I saw it looks more like The last of us with slightly bigger scenery. Is there any evidence that the game will feature a big world map like gta or any other open world game ?

From the looks of it, it does look like Last of Us spin-off just by the way those zombies move and run from the TLoU. I honestly didn't bother to look deeply into Days Gone cause there's hardly any news on this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

When I see the final product I'll decide then if it does

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#39 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9735 Posts

Here's a video in 4K if you're interested.

Loading Video...

mjorh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 mjorh
Member since 2011 • 6749 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17453 Posts

From Push Square?

Yep, completely objective, unbiased opinion.

Im sure the game will be great and im hyped for it (along with Horizon), but come on dude.

It looks good, and most of all fun, but its not the best looking console game by far, not even the best open world.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#42 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

I wanna see Horizon on the Pro.

Horizon looks amazing on the pro go watch some videos lol

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts

Looks as muddy and blurry as any other console game tbh. 4k my ass lol

Just compare the sharpness and detail with true 4k:

Loading Video...

Or open world? How about open galaxy?

Loading Video...

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#44 kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Lol No. Its crap.

tushar172787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 tushar172787
Member since 2015 • 2561 Posts

@commander said:
@casharmy said:
@commander said:
@casharmy said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

yeah...

Spoiler

The games you mentioned specifically I thought of when I read the attendees title and watched his video, you nailed it bro, however considering how bleeding edge top notch those PC games are in terms of graphics (pretty much the top praised PC games coming) this lowly console game is in the same graphical level and arguably better depending on who's looking.

But indeed, defending the pc dominion in this day and age is going to be harder and harder with the uhd consoles. Devs don't really care about the pc anymore like they used to

10/10 troll

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

RDR2 on Mighty Scorpio will crush everything ever made... Evah!! :P

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

@SecretPolice:

Scorpio is outdated already, so I doubt it.

You might be saying it jokingly....but you want ppl to believe you.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44186 Posts

@mr_huggles_dog:

Mighty Scorpio outdated? Whatever you're smoking, stop it I mean then what does that say about the Bore and Bore Poo? You must think those things are real trash and well, I suppose I can agree with that. lol :P

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@casharmy: is it really open world though? or is it more wide linear like uncharted 4 and rise of the tomb raider? horizon zero dawn seems more open than this game.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#50 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I find it funny that PC gamers take offense to a PS4 game looking incredible. You guys constantly try and crap on consoles with your tech talk but in the end PS4 games have looked incredible. X1 games also look incredible.

We're at a point where unless you've got a side to side comparison of the same game at the same frame that you're really not going to see a difference while you play. In most cases, even a side by side comparison you really have to be looking.

Graphics on any system today are great. Not sure why you guys try and turn that into a bad thing.