Days Gone actor suggest some reviewers didn't finish the game, posted misleading reviews

• 122 results
Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#101 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2313 Posts

Maybe next time don't make a boring ass generic zombie game

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#102 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45581 Posts

I played some Days Gone today. It's definitely not a 5/10 game. Sounds like GS had some kind of agenda there.

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#103 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

I played some Days Gone today. It's definitely not a 5/10 game. Sounds like GS had some kind of agenda there.

It's 78 on your beloved MC so it's not just GS.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7719 Posts

without the sony dedicated websites it'd be lot lower than 78, Edge gave it 5/10 too, so sounds like GS was on the money

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#105 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 70616 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

Scores no longer matter now? 🤭

Gym_Lion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 Gym_Lion
Member since 2020 • 2592 Posts

@Pedro said:
@SolidGame_basic said:

Scores no longer matter now? 🤭

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 SolidGame_basic

Bowling GIFs | Tenor

Shaquille Oneal GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

They probably got bored with it and I really can't blame 'em. Rather make a shorther game with replay value, than a super long game which you don't want to never play again when it's finally over.

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

@Epak_ said:

They probably got bored with it and I really can't blame 'em. Rather make a shorther game with replay value, than a super long game which you don't want to never play again when it's finally over.

I was mostly ok w/ the length of the story. I actually enjoyed the majority of the story campaign. If the gameplay mechanics and story-telling mechanics didn't artificially slow-down the game, it would have benefitted greatly.

Avatar image for deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
deactivated-60c3d23d2738e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 deactivated-60c3d23d2738e
Member since 2009 • 3934 Posts

I am loving it! 1440p at 100fps with 90 fov on a 1660 super that cost me $200 a year ago. The card is selling for $800 now on Ebay lmao.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 Epak_

@shellcase86 said:
@Epak_ said:

I was mostly ok w/ the length of the story. I actually enjoyed the majority of the story campaign. If the gameplay mechanics and story-telling mechanics didn't artificially slow-down the game, it would have benefitted greatly.

Yes. Like that mission where you just drove to a farm to change a couple of words with your buddy and that was it. Like WTF was that ? :D :D: D

shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

@Epak_ said:
@shellcase86 said:
@Epak_ said:

Yes. Like that mission where you just drove to a farm to change a couple of words with your buddy and that was it. Like WTF was that ? :D :D: D

OR a flashback scene where your riding the bike with a passenger but cannot do anything but watch.

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#113 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

@SolidGame_basic:

I was hyped for Days Gone but I listened to the reviews and passed it initially and only played it on my PS5 once it was free. Wow, it's an amazing game. I'm sorry I waited so long. I thought I could trust aggregated reviews but even those can be gamed towards a bias (just look at tlou2).

diskodite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#114 diskodite
Member since 2021 • 30 Posts

I thought Days Gone was just okay. Thank God it was free on PS Plus, I wouldn't have played it otherwise. I feel like that game just did everything so, so generically. It was like going back to when the Walking Dead was fresh, but without the freshness. Typical, boring, angsty acting protagonist who sounds almost identical to Nathan Drake, zombies, and...a customizable bike? Just boring. Like State of Decay. Days Gone is more a reference to the zombie fad of the 2010s.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115 Epak_

@shellcase86 said:
@Epak_ said:
@shellcase86 said:
@Epak_ said:

OR a flashback scene where your riding the bike with a passenger but cannot do anything but watch.

Yes, those sucked.

jaydan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 jaydan
Member since 2015 • 8480 Posts

We still getting threads over this ancient game?

Silentchief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Silentchief
Member since 2021 • 7102 Posts

I honestly thought it was a good game and terribly underrated.

Was it a standard open world game for the most part?? Yes. But it did two things exceptionally well. The motorcycle and the horde mechanic.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60723 Posts

His bitching wont change anything.

Avatar image for deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 deactivated-654dc0d1e0e5b
Member since 2021 • 1870 Posts

So I caved in and bought this on Steam (after playing about 10 hours on PS4). This game is frickin beautiful on highest settings and HDR enabled, I must say, and runs buttery smooth at over 100 fps. I'm impressed.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#120 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10590 Posts

@silentchief said:

I honestly thought it was a good game and terribly underrated.

Was it a standard open world game for the most part?? Yes. But it did two things exceptionally well. The motorcycle and the horde mechanic.

i think both were flawed but particularly the bike.

you're forever conscious of trying to conserve gas and free wheeling wherever possible because of how stingy the fuel economy is. which takes away a lot of the fun and inclination to explore the world. and you're forced into completing side quests to unlock tank / bike upgrades.

and then the decision to negate all this "realism" for any interactive story scenes that require you to ride and talk with your mate, ignoring the fuel restriction, removing it from your hud and allowing you to travel vast distances across the map without it being an issue is just jarring. apparently in a post apocalyptic world riding solo = fuel restriction, riding whilst talking with your mate = no restriction. side stepping that repeatedly when it gets in the way of the story is just poor game design

SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121 SolidGame_basic

I've played a few hours and never had issues with gas. Maybe I'm just good at the game 😎

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#122 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10590 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: or you just went everywhere on foot lol