Darkness Review up

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ragashahs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Ragashahs
Member since 2005 • 8785 Posts
8.5 with alot of merits which probably, b/c their are a alot, means it would be around 8.8 or 8.9. looks worthy of a buy. finally a multi plat done well
DriftMax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DriftMax
Member since 2007 • 591 Posts
8.8 and 8.9 dont get rounded to 8.5
SgtWhiskeyjack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3 SgtWhiskeyjack
Member since 2004 • 16364 Posts

I didn't know it was newly up :( . I read the PS3 and 360 reviews about an hour ago. PS3 version , better colour, 360 version, sharper graphics.

danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

I didn't know it was newly up :( . I read the PS3 and 360 reviews about an hour ago. PS3 version , better colour, 360 version, sharper graphics.

SgtWhiskeyjack

yeah. according to IGn, the 360 version has better AA and the PS3 has some minor framerate issues, but nothing to worry about.

I'm getting the 360 version, because i like the 360 controller better for shooters.

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

I think is the problem with the new rating system. I know most gamers are perfectionist and they want to have every details of a game acknowledged. The reviews for The Darkness for the 360 and PS3 are identical. So much so, I have to say it looked like they just cut and pasted it. That's when the .1 really comes into play. No matter how small it is, this .1 has the power to sway your decision on which version you should get or not. And I thought these "medals" would make a difference, they received the same ones!

Danm_999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Danm_999
Member since 2003 • 13924 Posts

I think is the problem with the new rating system. I know most gamers are perfectionist and they want to have every details of a game acknowledged. The reviews for The Darkness for the 360 and PS3 are identical. So much so, I have to say it looked like they just cut and pasted it. That's when the .1 really comes into play. No matter how small it is, this .1 has the power to sway your decision on which version you should get or not. And I thought these "medals" would make a difference, they received the same ones!

ReverseCycology

I definitely think that's part of the reason they switched to 0.5 increments, they don't have to justify small differences between different platforms.

ironwarrior2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ironwarrior2
Member since 2006 • 2590 Posts
[QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

Danm_999

I definitely think that's part of the reason they switched to 0.5 increments, they don't have to justify small differences between different platforms.

that's true, but I want to know which one is better, even if only by .1 because I have both consoles. I'll probabaly get the 360 version for rumble and achievements though

stevencompton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 stevencompton
Member since 2003 • 1461 Posts

ReverseCycology

Couldn't they just make a "best version" medal? But for this game, it sounds like the differences are so slight that they didnt' feel the need to claim one version's better than the other.

nintendo-4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nintendo-4life
Member since 2004 • 18281 Posts
8.8 and 8.9 dont get rounded to 8.5DriftMax
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts
[QUOTE="Danm_999"][QUOTE="ReverseCycology"]

ironwarrior2

that's true, but I want to know which one is better, even if only by .1 because I have both consoles. I'll probabaly get the 360 version for rumble and achievements though

according to IGn, the PS3 version has slight framerate issues and the 360 version has better A.i.

according to gamespot the PS3 version has better color, the 360 version is sharper.

360 version has rumble and achievements (and a better controller for shooters imo)

Ps3 version has accomplishments (..?..) and maybe some sixaxis support when controlling the demons

Oemenia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#11 Oemenia
Member since 2003 • 10416 Posts
So many merits yet only 8.5. The new system is silly, i understand why they did this, but they shouldve kept the category scores even if it doest reflect the final score because well i have VERY little idea how good it exactly is