Cross Platform play confirmed for Warframe and War Thunder

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by BPoole96 (22802 posts) -

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/10/console-makers-making-noises-about-relaxing-multiplayer-exclusivity/

"Sony, for its part, has allowed for cross-platform play between PS3s and PCs with games like Square's Final Fantasy XIV and Valve's Portal 2. That minor tradition will continue on the PS4, where games like Warframe and War Thunder will connect up with the servers for the existing PC versions. And, of course, there are plenty of games that let Vita players play against those on Sony home consoles, and vice versa."

Awesome that it is confirmed. Hopefully more games follow suit.

#2 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -

I shall destroy thee hermits.

#3 Posted by MK-Professor (3827 posts) -

@campzor said:

no...

#4 Posted by wis3boi (31458 posts) -

Cross platform on War Thunder? Plebs are gonna get shredded XD

#5 Edited by Wasdie (50000 posts) -

Fine for Warframe because it's co-op but War Thunder players are going to get destroyed. Console players that is. I've tried on many occasions to play War Thunder with an Xbox 360 controller and I don't last long. The way they built the controls for the mouse and keyboard gives the player a much larger degree of accuracy if it comes at a small loss of control of the aircraft.

#6 Posted by rjdofu (9170 posts) -

Prepare to cry a lot consolites.

#7 Posted by thedude- (2257 posts) -

Good, I hope Wii U will also deliver on the cross platform play that was talked about.

Nintendo Cross-Platform Allowance

#8 Posted by Heil68 (45122 posts) -

I'm happy to hear about WarFrame. Ive held off playing the PC version because I wanted to verify my account will go across both platforms. Fun game. I look forward to playing some more of it with you TC.

#9 Posted by ManInFlames-77 (291 posts) -

PC gamers are gonna get destroyed

#10 Posted by clyde46 (46563 posts) -

@maninflames-77 said:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

#11 Edited by GodspellWH (442 posts) -

It would be a massacre for console players

#12 Edited by KungfuKitten (21129 posts) -

I hope we can filter out the console kids. Not that they'd play alternative games to begin with.

#13 Posted by Daious (1357 posts) -

@maninflames-77 said:

I lol'd.

I wonder if there is some balancing feature. Teams consisting of Console and PC players should be pretty fair.

#14 Posted by Promised_Trini (3628 posts) -

Alright maybe this can be a reason to bond with one my younger brothers.

#15 Edited by Chutebox (37348 posts) -

Awesome news. Gonna try both of these games.

#16 Posted by Puckhog04 (22606 posts) -

@KungfuKitten said:

I hope we can filter out the console kids. Not that they'd play alternative games to begin with.

Pretty sure most of us Console players are hoping we can filter out PC Snobbish elitists that whine if you have a bad game. Just saying.

#17 Posted by Jankarcop (9612 posts) -

Console kids will understand why they are inferior.

#18 Posted by clyde46 (46563 posts) -

@Puckhog04 said:

@KungfuKitten said:

Pretty sure most of us Console players are hoping we can filter out PC Snobbish elitists that whine if you have a bad game. Just saying.

Holy insinuations batman!

#19 Edited by KellyKelly (377 posts) -

Console gamers will dance circles around Hermits

#20 Posted by BPoole96 (22802 posts) -

FYI, Warframe does now have a PVP mode called Conclave. It is by no means essential to play, but I have played against people on my friends list that use a gamepads and they got SLAUGHTERED.

#21 Posted by musicalmac (23031 posts) -

If this was PS4/One cross compatibility, I'd be really excited. Computer vs console isn't quite as exciting.

#22 Edited by killzowned24 (7345 posts) -

@campzor said:

Yes!! Can't wait to claim my first herm lol

#23 Posted by glez13 (8874 posts) -

@maninflames-77 said:

Is this like the alt of an alt?

#24 Edited by ReadingRainbow4 (14404 posts) -

neckbeard dominance.

#25 Posted by clyde46 (46563 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@campzor said:

Hahahahahahahahaa

#26 Posted by with_teeth26 (6184 posts) -

This'll bring System Wars to a whole new highly literal level

#27 Edited by tagyhag (15867 posts) -

How the hell are they going to balance War Thunder? Anyone who has played that game knows controllers are on a SEVERE disadvantage..

#28 Posted by MK-Professor (3827 posts) -

@killzowned24 said:

@campzor said:

by the time you claim your first herm you will be already killed(10 or more times) by hermes.

#29 Edited by PC_Otter (1623 posts) -

@Wasdie

For arcade yes. Those who use the mouse got it ridiculously easy. I prefer a joystick because it's more natural for me. I can't stand using a mouse for something I'm tuned to controlling via roll, pitch, yaw, thrust........

For historical, control pads make some sense though they will still be limited compared to joystick (+throttle and rudder pedals) due to available precision that a joystick will provide. In addition you have access to many more buttons that can be completely customized to ones preference. I'm sure the PS4 or War Thunder will have some kind of support for USB joysticks out of the box. I don't see why not.

Love me some War Thunder.