Could the wii win the next system war ??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LordoverFeind
Member since 2006 • 1041 Posts
I buy all the consoles so far I have a 360 and it's pretty good so far but no killer app (all the good games are mostly on pc besides GRAW) and xbla is not really what I thought it would be. The backward compatibility is a joke and if it was not for live it would be collecting dust. So far my 360 has broken inside of 6 month's but ms got it fixed fast and sent me a free game kameo. Then I looked at the ps3 basically the 360 with blu-ray and a bigger hard drive plus some exclusive great games but at $600 I have no idea wtf Sony is thinking. Seems like ps3 will have a browser plus it will work with my psp. I might have to buy a 3rd party controller to get rumble more money and they lost gta one of my favorite games as a exclusive. The ps3 looks good but not at that price I mean $600 is alot of money come holidays when i go shopping I could buy alot of stuff with that money. None of the killer apps seem to be launch games there is no mgs,soul caliber,gow3,gt5,dmc4,socom,rachet and clank,guitar hero,Final fantasy ect.

Then I look at the wii and the price is right under $250 that huge to me I could buy and have money for games compared to the 360 and ps3. Then it's got a crazy selection of retro games for under $10 plus zelda and red steel at launch that's huge. You also got square back making games plus good 3rd party support to go with nintendo's great 1st party games. The wii will also be online and have new gameplay with the wii-mote plus real backward compatibility all the way from the nes now that huge. Also I never had a problem with any nintendo system unlike Sony with the ps2 and ms with the 360. Nintendo also is using dvd finally plus it rumored to be 50% stronger than the xbox that made games like black,ninja gaiden,halo2,doa3 that nothing to laugh at. However no hdtv support is a letdown coming from the 360 and so far no optical output for sound sucks major balls.

Looking at all 3 I feel nintendo has a pretty good shot this time at the #1 spot with great games, new gameplay,finally online and a mass market price. I will still get all 3 the ps3 last due to the price and the launch games don't have what I am looking for yet. Sony please get it together if you get square to remake FF7 then I will for give your foolish $600 launch price and no rumble. To the 360 how about some rpg's some more xbla games and fix the b/c asap. The wii needs optical out but aside from that looks great.

Looks like we could have a new champ this gen let the system wars begin.
Narwaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 Narwaffle
Member since 2005 • 2043 Posts
The Wii is actually looking like it might sell some serious numbers, especially in Japan. Here's hoping it doesn't flop commercially like the poor Gamecube.
Teh_Stevz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Teh_Stevz
Member since 2005 • 5678 Posts
I don't think it'll flop like the GC. It should shift pretty well and should keep owners waiting for more.

As for winning (Market-share)... We'll have to see.
ChupacabraIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ChupacabraIII
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts
Wii will NEVER. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS win the next-gen console war.
poopooman89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 poopooman89
Member since 2004 • 1842 Posts
Wii will NEVER. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS win the next-gen console war.ChupacabraIII

Because its new gen? :P

Wii has a very good chance of selling more than the PS3 and 360, because its cheap, offers something new, something jus pick up and play and if it really does sell well as a secondary console as well as a primary console, then it will win.
DopeyDavoid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 DopeyDavoid
Member since 2004 • 5375 Posts
Wii will definitely not flop like the GC did and neither will it dominate the other 2 systems.
But i actually think there is a chance for it to be the top seller.
ChupacabraIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ChupacabraIII
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

[QUOTE="ChupacabraIII"]Wii will NEVER. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS win the next-gen console war.poopooman89

Wii has a very good chance of selling more than the PS3 and 360, because its cheap, offers something new, something jus pick up and play and if it really does sell well as a secondary console as well as a primary console, then it will win.

Right you are :P

stop_loading

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 stop_loading
Member since 2006 • 5131 Posts
possible, better chance than x360, x360 failed in japan
Articuno76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 Articuno76
Member since 2004 • 19799 Posts
I think it will do well. But not the best. Even if it comes in third, their is a big difference between a weak position and a strong one (compare the weak 2nd place N64 to the strong 2nd place xbox)
LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 LordoverFeind

[QUOTE="poopooman89"] [QUOTE="ChupacabraIII"]Wii will NEVER. NEVER IN A MILLION YEARS win the next-gen console war.ChupacabraIII

Right you are :P

Yea the wii price is a huge weapon it will be my 2nd or primary system. You got the ps3 and 360 fighting with the 360 sucking in Asia and the ps3 $600 price slowing them up to about even with the 360 worldwide. I like the 360 but it's $400 and I found that hard to take but I love live so I opened my wallet then Sony goes and gets higher. If Sony didn't have a couple of games I love I would write them off totally even so I won't get one at launch till a good game comes out.
coltACP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 coltACP
Member since 2004 • 1044 Posts
Wii has a chance just like the other two, gotta wait and see and enjoy playing them. Also the GC flopped? Nintendo made money and it had some amazing games developed for it so it far from flopped, it just had less sales than the other two, partly due to recovery from developer loss in the N64 days.
Maximus_xcv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Maximus_xcv
Member since 2004 • 2755 Posts
I believe it could. As for optical output, I don't see why they don't include it, pretty much every single dvd player you can buy has optical out and it isn't really a significant impact on system resources. Plus seeing as the wii will play dvds wouldn't it make sense to have optical out? At least they have that speaker in the controller, but it would still be great to have optical out.

HisBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#13 HisBrother
Member since 2006 • 2751 Posts
Wii won't win the next system war it will win the new system war.
Notsogr8one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Notsogr8one
Member since 2004 • 3739 Posts
[QUOTE="Maximus_xcv"]I believe it could. As for optical output, I don't see why they don't include it, pretty much every single dvd player you can buy has optical out and it isn't really a significant impact on system resources. Plus seeing as the wii will play dvds wouldn't it make sense to have optical out? At least they have that speaker in the controller, but it would still be great to have optical out.

That speaker in the controller didn't sound like much at first but after hearing about some of the features in Zelda it just sounded really cool. Like when you fire an arrow from the bow you hear the drawstring pull back then when you let it fly you hear it steadily fade from the controller to the T.V. where it gets louder giving the illusion it's actually traveling across the room. Now that just sounds badass.
jucker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jucker
Member since 2004 • 427 Posts
Can and will.
bretg80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 bretg80
Member since 2003 • 81 Posts
[QUOTE="Maximus_xcv"]I believe it could. As for optical output, I don't see why they don't include it, pretty much every single dvd player you can buy has optical out and it isn't really a significant impact on system resources. Plus seeing as the wii will play dvds wouldn't it make sense to have optical out? At least they have that speaker in the controller, but it would still be great to have optical out.

Nintendo has made it fairly clear that they are not going to follow MS and Sony into the whole "media center gaming experience."  Nintendo wants their console to be a gaming console for the most part, and in doing so will probably keep their costs down.  My experience with the console DVD players... If you want a good DVD player go pick a stand-alone unit up for $100.  It's well worth it.

I think it will really depend on how the Wii launches, and with what titles.  If it makes an incredibly strong launch (which it might), and succeeds at luring in new areas that have not been prone to gaming previously, then we may really see a resurgence for Nintendo.  Nintendo may even edge out the probably second place contender, in that it may become a secondary console, provided that the 360 and PS3 have almost identical titles barring a few exclusives...  If the Wii comes in at under $200, then Nintendo may very well win this round.  And if I were Nintendo, I'd go for the arteries, not the veins.  They have a truly unique product that has the potential to shake up a gaming industry with two heavy weights.
LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LordoverFeind
[QUOTE="Notsogr8one"] [QUOTE="Maximus_xcv"]I believe it could. As for optical output, I don't see why they don't include it, pretty much every single dvd player you can buy has optical out and it isn't really a significant impact on system resources. Plus seeing as the wii will play dvds wouldn't it make sense to have optical out? At least they have that speaker in the controller, but it would still be great to have optical out.

That speaker in the controller didn't sound like much at first but after hearing about some of the features in Zelda it just sounded really cool. Like when you fire an arrow from the bow you hear the drawstring pull back then when you let it fly you hear it steadily fade from the controller to the T.V. where it gets louder giving the illusion it's actually traveling across the room. Now that just sounds badass.

The fishing in Zelda looks great too can't believe Zelda is a launch game that should move units also. Unlike the 360 and ps3 launches with no killer app. If the ps3 had MGS or some major hit at launch then I would be tempted to give the shaft to some people on my Xmas list.
HisBrother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#18 HisBrother
Member since 2006 • 2751 Posts
[QUOTE="LordoverFeind"] [QUOTE="Notsogr8one"] [QUOTE="Maximus_xcv"]I believe it could. As for optical output, I don't see why they don't include it, pretty much every single dvd player you can buy has optical out and it isn't really a significant impact on system resources. Plus seeing as the wii will play dvds wouldn't it make sense to have optical out? At least they have that speaker in the controller, but it would still be great to have optical out.

The fishing in Zelda looks great too can't believe Zelda is a launch game that should move units also. Unlike the 360 and ps3 launches with no killer app. If the ps3 had MGS or some major hit at launch then I would be tempted to give the shaft to some people on my Xmas list.

Whats amazing is Zelda is a gamecube game.
LordoverFeind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 LordoverFeind
[QUOTE="HisBrother"] [QUOTE="LordoverFeind"] [QUOTE="Notsogr8one"] [QUOTE="Maximus_xcv"]I believe it could. As for optical output, I don't see why they don't include it, pretty much every single dvd player you can buy has optical out and it isn't really a significant impact on system resources. Plus seeing as the wii will play dvds wouldn't it make sense to have optical out? At least they have that speaker in the controller, but it would still be great to have optical out.

It was a gamecube game but it got pushed back to the wii.
Avatar image for darknavarone101
darknavarone101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 darknavarone101
Member since 2004 • 276 Posts
its possible...but not very likely..

if the PS3 doesn't stop Wii..which it probably will...the Xbox360 will be there to finish it off..

my fanboyism aside..

the xbox might win

the ps3 might win

the Wii might win..

who knows?
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I think it will be on top after 2 years. It surpass the 360 in 60% of the time M$ had to gain support.
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts
No it won't win, because it will be to busy dominating the New-Gen than the Next-Gen, since it's not in the next-gen category......
tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21653 Posts

[QUOTE="HisBrother"] [QUOTE="LordoverFeind"] [QUOTE="Notsogr8one"] [QUOTE="Maximus_xcv"]I believe it could. As for optical output, I don't see why they don't include it, pretty much every single dvd player you can buy has optical out and it isn't really a significant impact on system resources. Plus seeing as the wii will play dvds wouldn't it make sense to have optical out? At least they have that speaker in the controller, but it would still be great to have optical out.

LordoverFeind

It was a gamecube game but it got pushed back to the wii.

It still a gamecube game. There will be another port of the game on the Wii though, but it still coming out on the GC.....

McLarenAK47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 McLarenAK47
Member since 2003 • 14169 Posts

another pipedream summoned by the sheep:lol: lets see them exceed gc sales first..:lol: poor sheep and their pipe dreams

IhateMario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 IhateMario
Member since 2005 • 1332 Posts
I think the wii will do great this gen. I'm really looking forward for it to be released.
Idonomeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Idonomeus
Member since 2006 • 2273 Posts
Well it's not impossible. All they need is some really good long term 3rd party support and I think the Wii could win no problem.
napp123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 napp123
Member since 2007 • 865 Posts
I don't think wii should be compared to the 360 pr ps3 it's too different from either one
Nills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#28 Nills
Member since 2005 • 1573 Posts

I think the wii does have a good chance of pulling ahead of microsoft and sony and staying there for awhile. Although in my opinion I think the wii will eventually lose its momentum, unless nintendo does something to furtherimpress thegaming society.I mean---how far CAN you go[nintendo]?

goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts
Yeah, it's in the bag.