BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

#2 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Well, I mean The Order 1886 looks damn good. But, its lacking in gameplay. Since this thread is specifically about graphics though... the order would've been a better comparison.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3 FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@bldgirsh said:

Well, I mean The Order 1886 looks damn good. But, its lacking in gameplay. Since this thread is specifically about graphics though... the order would've been a better comparison.

Well if we look The Order 1886 then textures are blurry. Just film grain and black white picutre makes it look good(called art) but graphics not so good.

I need to find more pictures of The Order 1886

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By Wickerman777
Member since 2013 • 2164 Posts

Yeah, the new consoles suck. I think Epic Games hit the nail on the head when they said this generation should have 2.5 tflops consoles. Sony failed to deliver that and MS enormously failed to deliver it.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

........ Oh wait.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

go away fake boy

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Wickerman777
@Cloud_imperium said:

........ Oh wait.

It's just a guy's face. Of course you can have a lot of detail when you're just rendering a guy's face.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@bldgirsh said:

I took Uncharted 4 because console owners says that Uncharted 4 has BEST GRAPHICS they ever seen and it looks like real life. Yes, they said that. You can re-read forum.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Cloud_imperium
@Wickerman777 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

........ Oh wait.

It's just a guy's face. Of course you can have a lot of detail when you're just rendering a guy's face.

That's sarcasm. Sony fanboys were using it in every thread before the reveal of Uncharted 4 actual gameplay but after that they stopped doing that. That's why I said "Oh wait" .

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 FreedomFreeLife

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Wickerman777 said:
@Cloud_imperium said:

........ Oh wait.

That's sarcasm. Sony fanboys were using it in every thread before the reveal of Uncharted 4 actual gameplay but after that they stopped doing that. That's why I said "Oh wait" .

Now they saying "its alpha" or "wow this looks a lot better than E3 2014 trailer".

santoron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 santoron
Member since 2006 • 8584 Posts

Lolno, and using a game exclusive to consoles as evidence shows what you're really whining about.

Truth is the power of the PCs that the average PC gamer has is what holds PC gaming back.

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

LOL I always love this claim, because as we all know no developer could possibly just make a game for the PC only and ramp the graphics up so high only the top 1% of pc gamers could play it....yep they aren't able to do it because of some sort of mind control employed by Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft that keep them from doing it.

It couldn't possibly be that they would only be serving 1% of people and only about 0.01% of that would actually buy the game instead of getting it through illegal means.

hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts

OP, you're such a fakeboy.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17443 Posts

You is wrong

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Cloud_imperium

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@WilliamRLBaker said:

LOL I always love this claim, because as we all know no developer could possibly just make a game for the PC only and ramp the graphics up so high only the top 1% of pc gamers could play it....yep they aren't able to do it because of some sort of mind control employed by Sony, Nintendo, and Microsoft that keep them from doing it.

It couldn't possibly be that they would only be serving 1% of people and only about 0.01% of that would actually buy the game instead of getting it through illegal means.

Stop this 1% bullshit.

GTX680 came out this year and it sold already 10 million. THIS IS JUST ONE VIDEO CARD FROM 1000 DIFFERENT VIDEO CARD. And GTX680 is more powerful than consoles and card alone costs 400 dollars.

One video card of 1000 video cards, sold 10 million and price was 400 and outsold PS4 and just with few month. OUCH

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Pretty much THIS

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lostrib

@FreedomFreeLife: that's not what was said. Stop spreading misinformation shit head

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 navyguy21

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Stop this 1% bullshit.

GTX680 came out this year and it sold already 10 million. THIS IS JUST ONE VIDEO CARD FROM 1000 DIFFERENT VIDEO CARD. And GTX680 is more powerful than consoles and card alone costs 400 dollars.

One video card of 1000 video cards, sold 10 million and price was 400 and outsold PS4 and just with few month. OUCH

I think you proved his point...

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Cloud_imperium
@WilliamRLBaker said:

There is this thing called "scalability" .

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#21 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

PC elitists are holding back a positive mindset for humanity.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 navyguy21

@Cloud_imperium said:
@WilliamRLBaker said:

Wouldnt that affirm the OP?

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#23 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14419 Posts

Stop making threads, you're such a fakeboy.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lostrib

@Telekill: aren't console fanboys the ones who send death threats over games going multiplat?

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#25 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30570 Posts

Not any time soon, TC. With some exceptions, like Star Citizen, these consoles will be capable of doing anything on PC for the next 3 or 4 years.

Sure, they aren't as powerful as some PCs, but they are still 10 or 12 times more powerful than last gen consoles.

Avatar image for deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 deactivated-62825bb2ccdb4
Member since 2003 • 666 Posts

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Exactly this. PC gamers should look in the mirror for the reason why there hasn't been a big improvement on the platform. That and DirectX .

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lostrib

@PAL360: anything for the next 3-4 years? They couldn't even do 1080p in BF4. Or 60fps in GTA V

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

@lostrib: It's actually all gamers that thrive on the shit that pours out of forums like this. Humanity in general has a fucking horrid mind set, but gamers have become the sweltering cesspool of humanity. More often than not, I'm ashamed to be considered a gamer and with that thought, it's probably time for me to find a new forum to chat in.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Cloud_imperium

@navyguy21 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@WilliamRLBaker said:

1. Saying that there are 1% high end PCs is very inaccurate. That said, new consoles aren't more powerful than a mid range PC. Let alone High End PCs.
  2. People can play the game at any settings they want (Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Maxed Out, Combination of different settings etc) based on their hardware specs.
  3. Take Witcher 2 as an example. On Xbox 360 it looks even worse than lowest settings on PC. If it was a console game, then Xbox 360 graphics would be high graphics on PC with some after thought nVIDIA features, anti aliasing and small improvements here and there. Instead it was a game designed for Top of the line PCs but those with mid range PCs could also run it quite well on lower settings and it still looked better than console version.
Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Wickerman777

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Stop this 1% bullshit.

And it's because of stuff like this that I feel it was a mistake by Sony and MS to limit themselves to such cheap hardware like they did. They could have sunk $100 more into their APUs and charged $500 for the machines (Minus Kinect) and everything would have gone fine and console gamers would have been a lot more pleased with what they got.

navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 navyguy21

@Cloud_imperium said:

@navyguy21 said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@WilliamRLBaker said:

1. Saying that there are 1% high end PCs is very inaccurate. That said, new consoles aren't more powerful than a mid range PC. Let alone High End PCs.
  2. People can play the game at any settings they want (Low, Medium, High, Very High, Ultra, Maxed Out, Combination of different settings etc) based on their hardware specs.
  3. Take Witcher 2 as an example. On Xbox 360 it looks even worse than lowest settings on PC. If it was a console game, then Xbox 360 graphics would be high graphics on PC with some after thought nVIDIA features, anti aliasing and small improvements here and there. Instead it was a game designed for Top of the line PCs but those with mid range PCs could also run it quite well on lower settings and it still looked better than console version.

What i meant is that by allowing for scalability usually in itself is holding the game back so that it can run on all kinds of hardware. Sure, games developed with consoles in mind do inherently hold the game back. But as a software developer, i think that the variations in hardware do FAR more to limit a games' scope and technical achievements more than consoles. This is why you see mods that FAR surpass the vanilla game. Those modders are developing for that niche market that has the hardware that can run it.

You dont think Bethesda couldve made Skyrim look as good as ENB mods with realistic lighting? Those effects dont scale well, and even if they did, it would be pointless. Im not saying scalability is a bad thing........in fact it is a very good thing..........but i am saying that its not ONLY console development that holds back games. Its more that PC is a unpredictable platform and you to support so many different kinds of hardware. I could argue that consoles make PC game development more efficient.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

#32 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

Uncharted 4 looks like real life.

Riverwolf007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Riverwolf007
Member since 2005 • 26023 Posts

i was playing modded skyrim two years ago and it looked as good if not better than this years console titles so it's not that console holds back pc it's that pc got it's leap forever ago and now consoles have parity.

of course now pc has outstripped console gfx again and the circle continues.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wickerman777

@princessgomez92 said:

Uncharted 4 looks like real life.

Then the life you're leading is a lot more cartoony than mine. I'm not saying that game looks bad but I've never seen a game that looks real.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Consoles are not holding back graphical leap, cost of processors, graphical cards, Ram memory modules is what limits the power of the graphical leap in consoles, you can´t expect MS, Sony or Nintendo to make use of a 400 dollar card in their products, console games are different from PC gamers, while PC gamers are willing to spend 400 bones in a card and more to build their toy console gamers are not willing to put out that kind of cash in their toy.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Wickerman777

@raugutcon said:

Consoles are not holding back graphical leap, cost of processors, graphical cards, Ram memory modules is what limits the power of the graphical leap in consoles, you can´t expect MS, Sony or Nintendo to make use of a 400 dollar card in their products, console games are different from PC gamers, while PC gamers are willing to spend 400 bones in a card and more to build their toy console gamers are not willing to put out that kind of cash in their toy.

I never expected the new consoles to match what high-end PC graphics cards can do. The power requirements of those cards alone make that impossible. But they could and should have matched mid-level PC rigs. Right around 2.5 tflops for the GPUs was certainly doable for the time they launched and I think gamers would have been satisfied with that but they cheaped out and targeted entry-level instead ... X1 did anyway ... PS4 is somewhere between entry and mid-level, not really squarely in the camp of either for a late 2013 launch. But that's just the GPU side of the equation. In terms of the CPUs these don't qualify even as entry-level.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

Stronger clocked quad cores and faster GPU's would of been doable considering I've built a PC that packs twice the power of PS4 for not much more then a PS4 costs.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@Wickerman777 said:

@raugutcon said:

I never expected the new consoles to match what high-end PC graphics cards can do. The power requirements of those cards alone make that impossible. But they could and should have matched mid-level PC rigs. Right around 2.5 tflops for the GPUs was certainly doable for the time they launched and I think gamers would have been satisfied with that but they cheaped out and targeted entry-level instead ... X1 did anyway ... PS4 is somewhere between entry and mid-level, not really squarely in the camp of either for a late 2013 launch. But that's just the GPU side of the equation. In terms of the CPUs these don't qualify even as entry-level.

It´s not possible to match mid level PC rigs trying to maintain the retail price of $350-450, that is what console gamers are willing to pay for the product. The console is not viewed as a PC, it´s viewed as an entertainment gadget that does a lot of things but it´s not going to do what a PC does.

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Wickerman777

@raugutcon said:

@Wickerman777 said:

@raugutcon said:

It´s not possible to match mid level PC rigs trying to maintain the retail price of $350-450, that is what console gamers are willing to pay for the product. The console is not viewed as a PC, it´s viewed as an entertainment gadget that does a lot of things but it´s not going to do what a PC does.

They could have targeted $500 and everything would have been fine. People spend several hundred dollars on phones for cripe's sake. The dollar has lost 40% of it's value since the old consoles launched back in 2005 and 2006. That makes a $400 console 40% worse now than it would have been then. You can't release a $400 console nowadays without it being crap, not if you're not going to heavily subsidize it. People would rather spend $100 more than be stuck with crap for the next several years.

FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By FreedomFreeLife

@PAL360 said:

Not any time soon, TC. With some exceptions, like Star Citizen, these consoles will be capable of doing anything on PC for the next 3 or 4 years.

Sure, they aren't as powerful as some PCs, but they are still 10 or 12 times more powerful than last gen consoles.

Consoles not gonna have better graphics.

PS4 can´t even run Crysis with max settings and 1080p and 60fps.

In fact Crysis still has better graphics(2007) than Uncharted 4.

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts
@Telekill said:

@lostrib: It's actually all gamers that thrive on the shit that pours out of forums like this. Humanity in general has a fucking horrid mind set, but gamers have become the sweltering cesspool of humanity. More often than not, I'm ashamed to be considered a gamer and with that thought, it's probably time for me to find a new forum to chat in.

Yup, gamers are the worst of the worst and are probably responsible for the majority of the real problems in the world today such as wars, resource depletion, biodiversity loss and pollution ;)

Wickerman777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Wickerman777
@FreedomFreeLife said:

@PAL360 said:

I think those pics are unfair, lol. The Crysis captures are high quality, the Uncharted 4 pic is not.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@WilliamRLBaker said:

Stop this 1% bullshit.

No, Gtx 680 is older than that, i bought gtx 780 somewhere between end of 2013- early 2014

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By lostrib

@Wickerman777: pretty sure it's modded crysis

AM-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By AM-Gamer
Member since 2012 • 8116 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife: Nice bullshots of Crysis bro. The funny thing is regardless of what mod you use the AA on the foliage in Crysis is terrible. UC4 shits all over the original Crysis and the fact we have pc gamers arguing this shows how pathetic you trolls have become.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Ah I miss the days when dumbass threads like this would get locked.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@PAL360 said:

No it doesn't

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lostrib

@Ballroompirate: well tc has a pretty good track record of having his shit locked, I expect this will be added to the pile

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#49 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@PAL360 said:

find me gameplay where Crysis looks like in those pictures.

I bet you won't find even one video.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50  Edited By 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23832 Posts

Here is a shot I took with my 8800GT SLI back in the day Crysis no mods.