Comparing uncharted graphics to gears is an INSULT to gears

• 96 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 leadernator
Member since 2003 • 9064 Posts

[QUOTE="novasypder77"]After all of this hype surrounding the demo, its safe to say this game isn't even in the same leauge as gears. Game is AA at best and looks about on par with the average 360 game. Sony will have to wait for their AAAEAgentVX

Give the poor sony fanboys some hope.....they always claim how the next game will be the next big thing, sort of like Lair and Heavenly Sword.....only to wind up disappointed yet again.

Sony fanboyism is a disease, very similar to buying lottery tickets. They know deep down that the next game just won't break AAA status, but there is always that distance glimmer of hope they hold on too. Desperation has a tendency to do this to the human phycie

NERD ALERT

Liquid-GEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 Liquid-GEAR
Member since 2007 • 1574 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="novasypder77"]After all of this hype surrounding the demo, its safe to say this game isn't even in the same leauge as gears. Game is AA at best and looks about on par with the average 360 game. Sony will have to wait for their AAAEleadernator

Give the poor sony fanboys some hope.....they always claim how the next game will be the next big thing, sort of like Lair and Heavenly Sword.....only to wind up disappointed yet again.

Sony fanboyism is a disease, very similar to buying lottery tickets. They know deep down that the next game just won't break AAA status, but there is always that distance glimmer of hope they hold on too. Desperation has a tendency to do this to the human phycie

NERD ALERT

and you are an Internet pimp?
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 leadernator
[QUOTE="leadernator"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="novasypder77"]After all of this hype surrounding the demo, its safe to say this game isn't even in the same leauge as gears. Game is AA at best and looks about on par with the average 360 game. Sony will have to wait for their AAAELiquid-GEAR

NERD ALERT

no, but definitely cooler than that guy :lol:

Avatar image for MIYAMOTOnext007
MIYAMOTOnext007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 MIYAMOTOnext007
Member since 2006 • 3061 Posts
[QUOTE="Liquid-GEAR"][QUOTE="leadernator"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="novasypder77"]After all of this hype surrounding the demo, its safe to say this game isn't even in the same leauge as gears. Game is AA at best and looks about on par with the average 360 game. Sony will have to wait for their AAAEleadernator

NERD ALERT

No
leadernator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 leadernator
[QUOTE="leadernator"][QUOTE="Liquid-GEAR"][QUOTE="leadernator"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

[QUOTE="novasypder77"]After all of this hype surrounding the demo, its safe to say this game isn't even in the same leauge as gears. Game is AA at best and looks about on par with the average 360 game. Sony will have to wait for their AAAEMIYAMOTOnext007

NERD ALERT

No

says the guy with the slim shady sig :|

MIYAMOTOnext007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 MIYAMOTOnext007
[QUOTE="MIYAMOTOnext007"][QUOTE="leadernator"][QUOTE="Liquid-GEAR"][QUOTE="leadernator"][QUOTE="AgentVX"]

NERD ALERT

No

says the guy with the slim shady sig :|

yep I'm the one who said it.
ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#57 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

[QUOTE="ImaPirate0202"]About a couple months ago I would agree with you. But after playing the demo you are way, way off.donalbane

I played the demo last night, and it was terribly disapointing. The graphics, while nice, are not better than Gears. Hell, they aren't any better than Heavenly Sword. Its not that great looking and the gameplay was nothing special, and if you think it is the PS3s system seller,prepare to be surprised when the press gives it 8s.Drakes is going to be recieved similarly to Heavenly Sword... so get ready for it.

I guess we will just have to wait and see.;)

WuTangG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 WuTangG
Member since 2007 • 2189 Posts

[QUOTE="novasypder77"]After all of this hype surrounding the demo, its safe to say this game isn't even in the same leauge as gears. Game is AA at best and looks about on par with the average 360 game. Sony will have to wait for their AAAEAgentVX

:lol:

Greatest analogy ever, Kudos to you:P (and to Sony for pasting PGR images):lol:

LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts

Oh man, this is starting to get really good, as a 360 owner, the game looks fine to me, I didn't thing it looked that great a few weeks ago but I did see some in game video on some podcast and I thought it really looked good, but someone tell me when this game is due for launch, I can't wait to see the reviews and how the forum will lose its mind, doesn't matter if its a good orbad review its going to be pure mayhem in here.

CAN'T WAIT!

ImaPirate0202

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 ImaPirate0202
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

Oh man, this is starting to get really good, as a 360 owner, the game looks fine to me, I didn't thing it looked that great a few weeks ago but I did see some in game video on some podcast and I thought it really looked good, but someone tell me when this game is due for launch, I can't wait to see the reviews and how the forum will lose its mind, doesn't matter if its a good orbad review its going to be pure mayhem in here.

CAN'T WAIT!

LEGEND_C4A

November 19th

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#61 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16714 Posts

Its really over this time lems

Uncharted Graphics (Ps3 Exclusive )>>>>>>>>>>>>GEOW (360 exclusive)

MIYAMOTOnext007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 MIYAMOTOnext007

AgentA-Mi6
:lol: at cows, you get a game that looks better graphically than a year old game and you say its over now:lol: Uncharteds gameplay looks very mediocre.
NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts
um Uncharted looks just as good if not better than Gears and I don't even have a PS3 or plan on getting one anytime soon. I guess that makes me a lemming but I know quality when I see it. Graphically Uncharted is a very nice looking game.
Liquid-GEAR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Liquid-GEAR
Member since 2007 • 1574 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

MIYAMOTOnext007

:lol: at cows, you get a game that looks better graphically than a year old game and you say its over now:lol: Uncharteds gameplay looks very mediocre.

How do you look at gameplay? :|

XTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 XTy
Member since 2006 • 2434 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentA-Mi6"]

MIYAMOTOnext007

Well, to be fair and logical, Gears came out one year after 360's launch, as Uncharted is coming out 1 years after PS3's launch. They both are 2nd Generation games, so comparing is quite fair.

Using Logic, he has a point, but I am not convinced Uncharted has better Graphix as I haven't played it (No PS3), but I do like Xbox.

Even if the PS3 is slightly better than 360, it doesn't take away from the fact that 360 still rocks, so I don't care. (Although I am on my 3rd 360 due to RROD! :()

FreeMan5407

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 FreeMan5407
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts

wow novasypder you bash every ps3 game i ask why?

and in my book bioshock, ratchet and clank , cod4 and now uncharted beat gears of war(360 ver)in graphics ( the first time i play gears i was in shock but get over it man a couple of games beat it now)

uncharted is awesome andtruly is a current gen game stop the hating fellas

inertk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 inertk
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

Lemmings are never going to let Gears of War go are they?

Jeez.

jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#69 jlh47
Member since 2007 • 3326 Posts
Gears graphics are outdated now. Uncharted looks alot better, but Crysis is king of all graphics.BlazeDragon132
jlh47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#70 jlh47
Member since 2007 • 3326 Posts

[QUOTE="novasypder77"]After all of this hype surrounding the demo, its safe to say this game isn't even in the same leauge as gears. Game is AA at best and looks about on par with the average 360 game. Sony will have to wait for their AAAEmazdero

Gears hasn't been graphics king for a while now. You lemmings need to give it up already. Uncharted DOES look better than Gears, as do a few other games that are out. Just because cows are out of control with the uncharted hype(nothing new), doesn't mean you have to hate.

what dethroned gears that HAS come out? crysis will but it's not out yet.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="mazdero"]

[QUOTE="novasypder77"]After all of this hype surrounding the demo, its safe to say this game isn't even in the same leauge as gears. Game is AA at best and looks about on par with the average 360 game. Sony will have to wait for their AAAEjlh47

Gears hasn't been graphics king for a while now. You lemmings need to give it up already. Uncharted DOES look better than Gears, as do a few other games that are out. Just because cows are out of control with the uncharted hype(nothing new), doesn't mean you have to hate.

The UT3 demo, GeOW PC, Bioshock - Hell Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts, and Supreme Commander Forged Alliance aswell imo. Even STALKER looks better in some instances. Oh I forgot World in Conflict.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#72 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts

[QUOTE="BlazeDragon132"]Gears graphics are outdated now. Uncharted looks alot better, but Crysis is king of all graphics.skrat_01

I agree BUT.

Gears characters look MUCH better than uncharted. They look like barbie / plastic dolls imo.

And Gears' characters look like giant apes carved out of stone.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 l-_-l
Member since 2003 • 6718 Posts
After all of this hype surrounding the demo, its safe to say this game isn't even in the same leauge as gears. Game is AA at best and looks about on par with the average 360 game. Sony will have to wait for their AAAEnovasypder77
Joke thread right? :lol: I mean really, nobody can be THAT blind can they? Anybody can tell that Uncharted has it in the bag between these two when it comes to graphics.
l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 l-_-l

[QUOTE="BlazeDragon132"]Gears graphics are outdated now. Uncharted looks alot better, but Crysis is king of all graphics.ljlrj

crysis waittill thereviews

:lol: you are kidding right? Nobody has to wait for a review to know Crysis has the best graphics period. All they have to do is look at screen shots or play the demo. No review needed.
osirisomeomi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 osirisomeomi
Member since 2007 • 3100 Posts
Uncharted looks better than Gears of War. They both have the art st*les that use bump mapping, but in gears every looks lke its clay covered in ashes, while uncharted everything looks like its real life covered in plastic wrap. Both deliberate art st*les. Technically, Uncharted looks noticeable better, with better textures, lighting, and animations.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
[QUOTE="skrat_01"]

[QUOTE="BlazeDragon132"]Gears graphics are outdated now. Uncharted looks alot better, but Crysis is king of all graphics.InsaneBasura

I agree BUT.

Gears characters look MUCH better than uncharted. They look like barbie / plastic dolls imo.

What can I say, Xbox gamers have a taste for beefy, macho, 'manly' men.

Heck in one of my new gaming magazines there is a guy teabagging another guy in a Smack Down vs Raw 08 ad. Kid you not. Some serious halo 3 insparation right there. Heh its even funnier that the image takes up half the page.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 l-_-l
Wait, are we talking the 360 version or the PC version? I just thought about that. If we are talking PC version, I don't know, because I haven't seen it. But as for the 360 version, Uncharted wins in the graphics department.
munu9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#78 munu9
Member since 2004 • 11109 Posts
Sure... if it makes you happy, keep telling yourself that...
VendettaRed07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 VendettaRed07
Member since 2007 • 14012 Posts
i thought this was one of the best games this gen. it was just so much fun, i can frikin wait to get it, i mean, how could you hate gears + tomb raider + indiana jones
bearbones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 bearbones
Member since 2006 • 1332 Posts

i thought this was one of the best games this gen. it was just so much fun, i can frikin wait to get it, i mean, how could you hate gears + tomb raider + indiana jonesVendettaRed07

1. You're a lemming or,
  2. you're a sheep.
Killfox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Killfox
Member since 2004 • 6666 Posts

[QUOTE="BlazeDragon132"]Gears graphics are outdated now. Uncharted looks alot better, but Crysis is king of all graphics.ljlrj

crysis waittill thereviews

The only review of crysis that matter to me is PCgamers 9.8. Owned.

l-_-l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 l-_-l

Dear fellow 360 owners. I too greatly enjoy the console. It has the best library of the three. It rocks out with its rooster out.

Now with that said.

LET GEARS GO!

Bioshock beats it. And many PS3 games look just as good at this point, perhaps better in some respects.

Just let it go. Its become a little sad gripping onto that game for dear life. Bioshock looks better. Uncharted looks better. Just because its not brown and yellow doesn't mean it looks bad. Heavenly Sword is very impressive but again I think this is just a bias against bright colors. Not everything has to be dark to look good.

Bread_or_Decide
WOW, I MEAN FREAKIN WOOOOOW. A sane logical Lemming. I have heard stories they existed, but I thought it was only folk tell. I can't believe I actually met one. Wait until I tell my friends. :lol: j/k Nice post man.
LEGEND_C4A

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 LEGEND_C4A
Member since 2003 • 3186 Posts
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"][QUOTE="skrat_01"]

[QUOTE="BlazeDragon132"]Gears graphics are outdated now. Uncharted looks alot better, but Crysis is king of all graphics.skrat_01

I agree BUT.

What can I say, Xbox gamers have a taste for beefy, macho, 'manly' men.

Heck in one of my new gaming magazines there is a guy teabagging another guy in a Smack Down vs Raw 08 ad. Kid you not. Some serious halo 3 insparation right there. Heh its even funnier that the image takes up half the page.

I don't understand how people can insult 360 gamers cause they play a game with huge characters in it(gears of war), but at the same time can't wait to get their hands on UT3 which basically has the same type of characters.

Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

artsyle is different, but in terms of detail and textures, they don't really differ that much. stop being dramatic about it.

The games look great.

PS360Fanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#85 PS360Fanboy
Member since 2007 • 2096 Posts
Uncharted graphi's look more polished than gears and I'd say it will no doubt get AAA, the demo was awesome
darthzew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#86 darthzew
Member since 2005 • 1213 Posts
Depends. Gears of War actually does look nicer when you look at the art design and use of art, but Uncharted is probably technically better. I would say Gears is better just because it in the end looks nicer. Andd, what's with a lot of the character models in Uncharted looking like they're covered in oil?
exiledsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 exiledsnake
Member since 2005 • 1906 Posts

I agree BUT.

What a coincidence, IMO Gears characters are like action figures. Uncharted characters do look plasticky though. but the great animations just cancel it out.

saolin323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 saolin323
Member since 2007 • 3121 Posts

After all of this hype surrounding the demo, its safe to say this game isn't even in the same leauge as gears. Game is AA at best and looks about on par with the average 360 game. Sony will have to wait for their AAAEnovasypder77

I would say it pushes as much as Gears, has better textures, worst shaders, worst grass, etc Also Gears pushes more in backgrounds

But i like Drake best TBH, much better art for my tastes, yet, it is not what people hyped it to be, the graphics are just great, not mindlowing comparing to other games or Gears, and the gameplay is boring to me

CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts

You lems are panicking and it shows. There must be something to this argument if you guys are creating so many threads about it.

caseypayne69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#90 caseypayne69
Member since 2002 • 5395 Posts

Lots have already said it looks better then gears. Show me the avg 360 game that it looks like.

mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts
[QUOTE="mazdero"]

[QUOTE="novasypder77"]After all of this hype surrounding the demo, its safe to say this game isn't even in the same leauge as gears. Game is AA at best and looks about on par with the average 360 game. Sony will have to wait for their AAAEjlh47

Bioshock looks better than gears, although I am aware the game is not that great, Lair looks better than gears, so does heavenly sword, andactually so does Halo 3. COD4 looks better than Gears as well. I won't mention PC games because it isn't fair ;)

Uncharted,Assassins Creed, andMass Effect look to murder Gears graphics, and those will be out very very soon.

wisdomWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 wisdomWarrior
Member since 2007 • 326 Posts

Uncharted does look better and more colorful than Gears. But that doesn't mean GS will score it AAA, they'll just flop it like they did to R&C and plead "TEH IDENTITY CRISIS".

game_masta14

Sadly, I'm inclined to agree with you. I doubt they will give it a good score since they don't seem to rate PS3 games all that highly--ever.

Having said that the reviewers are entitled to their opinions. I didn't mind the R&C review from gamespot because I realise that everyone is different and if this guy thought it was a good game but not great then that is his opinion and that is fine.

He stated his reasons. It's fair enough.

-Unreal-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#93 -Unreal-
Member since 2004 • 24650 Posts

[QUOTE="Jynxzor"]Gears was not that good...DragonfireXZ95

I was just playing the game on my PC with everything on high, and I must say I disagree with you big time.

It looks a good bit better on PC. I have it on 360 and PC and its a lot sharper and clearer on PC.

mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts
uncharted is the best looking console game to date, by far
Pro_wrestler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#95 Pro_wrestler
Member since 2002 • 7880 Posts

I agree BUT.

I agree with this statement 100%. I was explaining this same thing to a Cow. Uncharteds models look like grease coated 75watt lightbulbs. Its enviornments are great though.

Anti-Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Anti-Gamer
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts
I pretty much dont like the demo. But the graphics looks on par with gears.
kmadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 kmadon
Member since 2006 • 204 Posts

Lol, and u sound like an xbox 360 fanboy..