IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1848 Posts

And I was really looking forward to it, excited that COD would return back to the WW2. Especially when they showed the Soviet campaign in their E3 phootage. Soviets are back, hell yeah !!! After watching some MP gameplay though I extremely disappointed with it.

Things that annoyed me as hell ?:

1. Inclusion of hip hop/ pop song/ rap in their e3 trailer. If some of that music actually makes it to the final product of a supposedly historical setting such as WW2, I swear God I will burn Activision headquarters to the ground. Hip-hop and pop music has no place in games that pretend to be historically accurate in some degree. It's a matter of principles to me - stop shoveling the bruh culture everywhere.

2. Call of Duty is not going Batllefield as we were hoping. Vehicle gameplay in MP is scripted and driven by AI, only allowing you to be a turret. Why even include them then. Gosh vehicle sections look so awful.

3. Graphically, after BF1, it makes my eyes sore to look at it. Small maps, very simple smoke and other whether effects, scripted destruction. I mean seriously, somehow it looks worse than Advanced Warfare. After gorgeous AW, ALL consequent CODs were getting worse-looking somehow, and the COD WW2 is no exception. No graphic improvement what so ever, at least in MP. The difference with BF1 is striking.

4. It's unbelievable how poor the gunplay looks at this point, compared to the same BF1 again. Guns have no recoil what so ever. They literally took Modern Warfare guns and smashed WW2 skins on top of them. Unbelievably awful job. Historical weapons such as Russian ppsh, Tommy gun and german mp40 have no fucking recoil. I mean are they for real. What killed me even more are silencers on the same guns. I am not a historical expert, but were there actual silencer for automatic guns back then? I haven't seen any war movie that would feature those.

5. Female soldiers. It's a fact that there were female soldiers in red army. They were mostly snipers, pilots and field medics. But they were not assault or storm troopers that's for sure. Many women soldiers were for propagandistic purposes as well. But even Soviets would never throw women into meatgrinding battles. Men were disposable, women were not. But in MP, women have 50/50 presence and fulfilling roles that they have never fulfilled in real life. I mean, running and gunning as assault troopers. I hope women soldier are only in the Soviet band, because if I see them when playing allies that would be a huge hit against any remaining sense of historical accuracy and respect. I have nothing against SJW and feminists, but shall not rewrite our history in order to please them.

Now I don't even know I want to buy this game even for its SP campaign. With this awful gunplay and shitting on history, I am not sure it's the game WW2 fans were waiting for.

Sorry for spelling. Was writing on my phone with auto-corrector.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

It looks like it's still using the modified Quake 3 Engine it's had since COD 1.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

You can remove the multiplayer part in your title and it would still be on point

R10nu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 R10nu
Member since 2006 • 1679 Posts

This is the point where people realize that this utter staleness is exactly why developers have moved on from WW2 in the first place.

madrocketeer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -6

#5 madrocketeer
Member since 2005 • 10591 Posts

Oh look, it's Call of Duty, the crime procedural of video games.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

Imma buy that day 1 ?????? Looks great, can't wait to play it and buy all the DLC and have fun for an entire year with it!!!

ShoTTyMcNaDeS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 ShoTTyMcNaDeS
Member since 2011 • 2784 Posts

@ivangrozny said:

And I was really looking forward to it, excited that COD would return back to the WW2. Especially when they showed the Soviet campaign in their E3 phootage. Soviets are back, hell yeah !!! After watching some MP gameplay though I extremely disappointed with it.

Things that annoyed me as hell ?:

1. Inclusion of hip hop/ pop song/ rap in their e3 trailer. If some of that music actually makes it to the final product of a supposedly historical setting such as WW2, I swear God I will burn Activision headquarters to the ground. Hip-hop and pop music has no place in games that pretend to be historically accurate in some degree. It's a matter of principles to me - stop shoveling the bruh culture everywhere.

2. Call of Duty is not going Batllefield as we were hoping. Vehicle gameplay in MP is scripted and driven by AI, only allowing you to be a turret. Why even include them then. Gosh vehicle sections look so awful.

3. Graphically, after BF1, it make my eyes sore to look at it. Small maps, very simple smoke and other whether effects, scripted destruction. I mean seriously, somehow it looks worse than Advanced Warfare. After gorgeous AW, ALL consequent CODs were getting worse-looking somehow, and the COD Ww2 is no exception. No graphic improvement what so ever, at least in MP. The difference with BF1 is striking.

4. It's unbelievable how poor the gunplay looks at this point, compared to the same BF1 again. Guns have no recoil what so ever. They literally took Modern Warfare guns and smashed WW2 skins on top of them. Unbelievably awful job. Historical weapons such as Russian ppsh, Tommy gun and german mp40 have no fucking recoil. I mean are they for real. What killed me even more are silencers on the same guns. I am not a historical expert, but were there actual silencer for automatic guns back then? I haven't seen any war movie that would feature those.

5. Female soldiers. It's a fact that there were female soldiers in red army. They were mostly snipers, pilots and field medics. But they were not assault or storm troopers that's for sure. Many women soldiers were for propagandistic purposes as well. But even Soviets would never throw women into meatgrinding battles. Men were disposable, women were not. But in MP, women have 50/50 presence and fulfilling roles that they have never fulfilled in real life. I mean, running and gunning as assault troopers. I hope women soldier are only in the Soviet band, because if I see them when playing allies that would be a huge hit against any remaining sense of historical accuracy and respect. I have nothing against SJW and feminists, but shall not rewrite our history in order to please them.

Now I don't even know I want to buy this game even for it's SP campaign. With this awful gunplay and shitting on history, I am not sure it's the game WW2 fans were waiting for.

Sorry for spelling. Was writing on my phone with auto-corrector.

So you are a BF fanboy I see. Why would CoD devs want to create a game that simply copies BF? CoD has NEVER been about massive maps, tons of free to roam vehicles and whatever else you are complaining about! From the sounds of it, you have never played a CoD game.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 FLOPPAGE_50

@R10nu said:

This is the point where people realize that this utter staleness is exactly why developers have moved on from WW2 in the first place.

It's just mind boggling how little upgrade the Quake 3 Engine has gotten.

Sure, graphically it can look nice, but it's still the same old base gameplay.

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#10 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3130 Posts

Not a big FPS guy but everyone's heard of and played COD. I'm honestly surprised that the series has survived this long with the same copy & paste formula for decades now. I thought they'd make 2-3 games then bow out like Army of Two. I loved Army of Two btw lol

Avatar image for deactivated-63d2876fd4204
deactivated-63d2876fd4204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-63d2876fd4204
Member since 2016 • 9129 Posts

And it will still be the best selling game of 2017.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 FLOPPAGE_50

@goldenelementxl said:

And it will still be the best selling game of 2017.

I feel MAYBE Battlefront II may take that crown, depending on how much content they add.

but no, you're probably right.

kvally

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#13  Edited By kvally
Member since 2014 • 8445 Posts

Day One for sure. Game looks AWESOME.

nomadic8280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nomadic8280
Member since 2017 • 476 Posts

How in the hell is CoD not "going Battlefield" a bad thing? BF is BF, CoD is CoD, its best they stay different. I for one do not have fun playing BF. I agree with the female soldiers bit, BUT its a video game, not worth pissing off the SJW's and feminists. If someone gets their knowledge of history straight from a video game as 100% truth, then we are a far cry from the "greatest generation" today for sure.

Also LOL at all the hate. Good lord, lighten up people.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#15  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I think I'll buy Battlefront II for some brainless shooting. Still a little tired of WW2. What do the fans think of it?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44417 Posts

Awww c'mon guys. Are we still gonna be hatin' on CoD after all these years?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 deactivated-5c8ff6a32bb23
Member since 2012 • 3185 Posts

I haven't played a Call of Duty since Black Ops.

I'm considering buying this.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20164 Posts

Wow they ripped off a few things from BF1.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46521 Posts

I know now that when they said 'we are going to return to CODs roots' it meant the same as: it's the same as previous COD games but with a WW2 skin.

Also the pretty brilliant looking multiplayer trailer showed teamwork and faction specific weapons... The gameplay I saw had none of that.

Along with God of War this is the most disappointing game at E3 for me. But I shouldn't have expected better from Activision/COD.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 R4gn4r0k

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

It looks like it's still using the modified Quake 3 Engine it's had since COD 1.

Activision spares no expense when it comes to their top tier Destiny and Call of Duty franchises.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#21 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

the game mode looks a bit more involved than your typical CoD fare but my god the gunplay looks so boring and flat. and that will be in the campaign as well.

I went from being vaguely curious about this game to totally disinterested.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#22  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

It looks like the gameplay has somehow regressed over the years. They went "back to roots" but the gameplay looks less interesting than the original Call of Duty's. It's just slow, no recoil guns, and very uninteresting map design.

xxyetixx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xxyetixx
Member since 2004 • 3041 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: I actually think if anything Sony having the marketing right really killed any buzz COD may have had. It was awful, horrible trailer and moved on and it's been that way since Sony has gotten the rights.

At least MS gave it the stage and some fanfare. Even if it was very dude bro and Doritos and Mt Dew. It got you excited for it.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 with_teeth26

@Archangel3371 said:

Awww c'mon guys. Are we still gonna be hatin' on CoD after all these years?

i'd have no problem praising it if they actually made meaningful improvements to the gameplay but this looks bad

Avatar image for deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
deactivated-5eb6f92daae05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 deactivated-5eb6f92daae05
Member since 2015 • 916 Posts

I'm still waiting on Modern Warfare standalone...lol

Syferonik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Syferonik
Member since 2006 • 3060 Posts

Why are they releasing a WaW dlc in 2017?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 R4gn4r0k

@xxyetixx said:

@R4gn4r0k: I actually think if anything Sony having the marketing right really killed any buzz COD may have had. It was awful, horrible trailer and moved on and it's been that way since Sony has gotten the rights.

At least MS gave it the stage and some fanfare. Even if it was very dude bro and Doritos and Mt Dew. It got you excited for it.

Yeah you are right. MS had a stage demo and everything, showing a bit of the campaign being played... it actually got you excited.

Sony was just: here, have a trailer guys

@Wasdie said:

They went "back to roots"

How ?

This looks nothing like Call of Duty 1 or 2 or UO multiplayer.

They went back to roots in setting alone. The multiplayer campaign is still the exact same it has been for years.

PyratRum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 PyratRum
Member since 2013 • 778 Posts

Reminds me of World at War, which is a good thing. Just be happy that we're aren't getting another futuristic COD with shoehorned movement mechanics.

Looking forward to it myself but my money is on (literally) Battalion 1944 for a tight, competitive multiplayer WWII shooter.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56316 Posts

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@R10nu said:

It's just mind boggling how little upgrade the Quake 3 Engine has gotten.

Sure, graphically it can look nice, but it's still the same old base gameplay.

I think it looks okay-ish but everyone needs to remember sch-if shooters are oversaturated as hell now! Halo, Killzone, Gears of War, Star Wars, and Destiny are getting stale with all this space shooters, everyone wants to go back into WW2 eras. There's a reason why Battlefield 1 wanted to go WW1, even EA was smart enough to know sci-fi shooters are getting played out and seeing CoD WW1 looks cool but even then, I need to see some more gameplay before I'm ready to go back WW2 shooters.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#30  Edited By Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@R4gn4r0k: That's what they said they were going to do. Clearly it didn't work.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 R4gn4r0k

@Wasdie said:

@R4gn4r0k: That's what they said they were going to do. Clearly it didn't work.

Because they didn't do it :P

They just made a reskin. I mean I'm still excited for the singleplayer campaign, but yeah the Multiplayer was not what I wanted from it.

And it doesn't feel like a true sequel or change to me after three years of development.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#32 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

Battlefront 2 is gonna be my big shooter purchase this year. Looks way more promising and free DLC.

GetsLaidAlot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GetsLaidAlot
Member since 2017 • 121 Posts

I'm sorry but as long as I don't see people running up walls and jetpacking around like a bunch of morons then I'm sold. I haven't bought a COD game this entire gen so I'm kind of itching for one.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

Could only take 30 seconds of that video. So boring...I can't believe people still play these shitty games.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k

@sirk1264 said:

Battlefront 2 is gonna be my big shooter purchase this year. Looks way more promising and free DLC.

+1

I mean COD beats it in setting. But Battlefront beats COD in everything else .

Also if I'm gonna place my bets on a solide PC version I'm going with DICE :P

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#36  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25009 Posts

It definitely looks terrible. this awful gameplay will be in SP most likey so there goes my hope of 10% of this being decent.

COD MP has always been crap unfortunately this is why series is popular.

This is COD world war 2 feminist edition.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 R4gn4r0k

I thought something was up with the Karabiner 98k model

Loading Video...

But then I saw how he reload the gun... I spilled my coffee.

hahahahahaha

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

Multiplayer looks like the same old poo.

That would have been OK with me if they gave it a great campaign with some squad strategy or something innovatve, but it seems to follow the same old scripted boom-boom explosions formula there as well.

We need another Operation Flash-point or proper SOCOM style game to make it to consoles. Only way to get something different. Call of Duty and Battlefield are just going to keep sticking to the same formula with a different skin. With Battlefield that hasn't been so terrible since at least their Frostbite engine keeps moving forward. Call of Duty is still stuck in 2005. Not much has changed except console resolutions.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

Did you expect any different? It's COD, same shit different skin.

joe_b1_kenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 joe_b1_kenobi
Member since 2007 • 849 Posts

Meh it's COD. The casuals lap it up every year so why would they bother to innovate. I'd personally rather play anything else but to each their own. There's plenty of better offerings, especially in the fps and multiplayer space.

narlymech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#41 narlymech
Member since 2009 • 2132 Posts

Hmmm, this looks like tired gameplay. Will wait for reviews and a sale, but I may be sticking with BF1.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 2Chalupas

@pyratrum said:

Reminds me of World at War, which is a good thing. Just be happy that we're aren't getting another futuristic COD with shoehorned movement mechanics.

Looking forward to it myself but my money is on (literally) Battalion 1944 for a tight, competitive multiplayer WWII shooter.

As a recent CoD hater, Infinite Warfare campaign was surprisingly decent. But I admittedly never even bothered with the online. I just don't care anymore. I bought that game only because I got the version with COD4 and only paid $50 at launch for it. Probably a dumb purchase, but i hadn't played CoD in a few years and it didn't feel like a total ripoff with COD4 thrown in.

This would have been the perfect opportunity for them to finally go with a different engine. Why else go back to WW2 but to introduce a new engine (thereby resetting the bar for all future CoD games). I actually had slight hope they would do this. Looks like that was a false hope. This is just another rehash. Same game, new skin. Been going for over 10 years now.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

There seems to be a lot of female characters included in games lately...even ones that make absolutely no sense like a WWII game. Almost feels like a goddamn fad.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By with_teeth26

@R4gn4r0k said:

hahahahahaha

wow

that says a lot right there

edit: he must be using the extended mag attachment XD

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#45 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 25009 Posts

@lifelessablaze said:

There seems to be a lot of female characters included in games lately...even ones that make absolutely no sense like a WWII game. Almost feels like a goddamn fad.

I agree. it doesnot make sense in these games at all. I mean if they make counter strike and team fortress today. they will include female characters as well.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1848 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

Loading Video...

hahahahahaha

For people who didn't understand, this is how Mouser 98K is reloaded

Loading Video...

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Best comment on the video:

they forgot to censor white males, hope they fix it before release

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

Oh I like this one:

>no swastikas

>cant play as nazis

>female soldiers

What is political correctness going to ruin next?

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

Did anyone expect anything different? Of course it was going to use the same old crappy formula.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 2Chalupas

@Jebus213 said:

Oh I like this one:

>no swastikas

>cant play as nazis

>female soldiers

What is political correctness going to ruin next?

Wait, no swastikas? LOL. They always used to do this with the German version, but it's really embarrassing to "scrub" the rest the world. I suppose "who cares", the game is not going to be historically accurate to anything anyway. But it's still embarrassing that it even entered their minds to do this.

I almost get not having it in the multiplayer. Or at least a "cleaned up" multiplayer would be OK with me as far as fighting *as* the Nazi's. But to scrub the campaign of the primary historical enemy you are supposed to be fighting? Idiocy.