Casual gamers will decide...?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

I see many people on SW laughing at the PS4/X1/Wii U about their flaws but the casual gamer could care less

The PS4 is out and the world is talking about it. My friends are what you guys would call "casual" gamers". They play COD,Fifa and the odd exclusive here and there.

Most of them could care less about 1080p, processors etc. The only thing they cared about was the fact PS4 is $100 cheaper than the X1.

Most picked up a 360 last gen because it was cheaper so i am wondering if you guys agree that casual gamers will decide which system comes out on top despite the fact people here look down upon them?

As of now it is:

1. Wii U

2. PS4

3. X1(Not yet released)

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

The casuals are going to go with the PS4, imo.

CloudStrife213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By CloudStrife213
Member since 2006 • 430 Posts

Yes. I do agree. Contrary to what most people believe. The vast majority of people who play video games aren't forum posters, or regular commenters on video game articles. Most casual gamers/people don't really care to read much about video games online. It's funny how people assume that if most people agree with your opinion online, then it must be true for the majority of people. Never has an assumption been so wrong.

People were bashing the Wii for being a kiddie console, but the casuals decided it to be the best selling video game console last-gen. Selling 100 million units. You would think that that wouldn't be so because a majority of forum posters online hate casual/kiddie gaming. Casuals will decide which console will sell the most, not hardcore gamers.

The price does have a lot to do with what console people will purchase, there is no denying that.

The Wii U's sales aren't really doing well though, maybe because the last generation hasn't really died off yet, and most people can't really find much of a reason to switch now to the next-generation. But I believe that will change come Christmas, as it only costs $300, and most parents will find that as a great present to their children.

As for me, I'm buying both the PS4 and Xbox One. I will never buy the Wii U. Never been a fan of the Wii.