Can we stop calling the next X-box "x-box 720"

• 89 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

I have no idea why everyone calls the next X-box this....

The reason 360 was good because it means all around. it sounds cool in a way. 720 makes almost no sence. Can we not just call it X-box 3 or "the next x-box". Really "X-box 720" would have to be the dumbest name I ever heard for a console:x

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts

The reason 360 was good because it means all around. it sounds cool in a way. 720 makes almost no sence. Can we not just call it X-box 3 or "the next x-box". Really "X-box 720" would have to be the dumbest name I ever heard for a console:x

JangoWuzHere
But its 360... times 2 :shock:
DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

JIT93

720 degrees of excitement!
swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#4 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts
The 3rd Xbox should be called Xbox 3: Revenge of the RRoD
black_tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 black_tempest
Member since 2008 • 2459 Posts
Agreed, I was going to make a thread about this to, but I felt that people would view me as petty, so I didn't bother
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Silverbond
Member since 2008 • 16130 Posts
The 3rd Xbox should be called Xbox 3: Revenge of the RRoDswazidoughman
That is not funny.....at all. Like seriously, that REALLY was not funny. Of course, that is my opinion.
rolo107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 rolo107
Member since 2007 • 5469 Posts
Eh... It's not like we are actually thinking it will be called that. Just an easy name to remember and use. The next xbox? x-box 3? Great names...
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts

Do you really have such a problem with it that you felt the need to create a thread on it? :P

Seriously, it's just a placeholder name until Microsoft's next console is announced. No one is implying it will be called that and no one cares that it doesn't make sense, all that matters is that when someone says "X-Box 720" we know they mean the next X-Box. Why use it? It fits with the theme of the current X-box's title, simple as that.

JIT93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 JIT93
Member since 2007 • 5590 Posts
[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]The 3rd Xbox should be called Xbox 3: Revenge of the RRoDSilverbond
That is not funny.....at all. Like seriously, that REALLY was not funny.

In your opinion, I thought it was hilarious :lol:
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts
i have very high expectations for the next xbox.
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 JangoWuzHere
[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]The 3rd Xbox should be called Xbox 3: Revenge of the RRoDSilverbond

Ummm ok? Someone got up on the wroung side of the bed.
black_tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 black_tempest
[QUOTE="JIT93"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

By that logic, the next wii should be wiiwii??? :P
joopyme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 joopyme
Member since 2008 • 2598 Posts
[QUOTE="black_tempest"][QUOTE="JIT93"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

yes, just like the playstation 6... :shock:
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JangoWuzHere

Do you really have such a problem with it that you felt the need to create a thread on it? :P

Seriously, it's just a placeholder name until Microsoft's next console is announced. No one is implying it will be called that and no one cares that it doesn't make sense, all that matters is that when someone says "X-Box 720" we know they mean the next X-Box. Why use it? It fits with the theme of the current X-box's title, simple as that.

TreyoftheDead

Do you really have such a problem with it that you felt the need to create a thread on it?

...................Yes?:|

Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silverbond

[QUOTE="Silverbond"][QUOTE="swazidoughman"]The 3rd Xbox should be called Xbox 3: Revenge of the RRoDJangoWuzHere

I can't critique bad jokes? To me, that was not funny.

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#16 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts

[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"][QUOTE="Silverbond"] That is not funny.....at all. Like seriously, that REALLY was not funny.Silverbond

Never said it was funny.

YOU BROKE MY LIFE!! 

SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts

JangoWuzHere
I agree the first time my friend said "XBOX 720" I lol'd & said Wtf they're they are just going to double the numbers now? :P Doubt it would be called that anyways :P
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 135

User Lists: 25

#18 vashkey
Member since 2005 • 33781 Posts
How bout the Log-Box 720?
Silverbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Silverbond
[QUOTE="swazidoughman"][QUOTE="Silverbond"]

Ummm ok? Someone got up on the wroung side of the bed.JangoWuzHere

Never said it was funny.

YOU BROKE MY LIFE!! 

Um, okay.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vashkey
[QUOTE="black_tempest"][QUOTE="JIT93"][QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

Or the Wiini!! (Ni is japanese for two)
SonyMarksman70

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SonyMarksman70
Member since 2008 • 1628 Posts
[QUOTE="swazidoughman"]The 3rd Xbox should be called Xbox 3: Revenge of the RRoD

LOL I think I found this funny because I was already laughing at the first post after TC
TreyoftheDead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TreyoftheDead
Member since 2007 • 7982 Posts
[QUOTE="TreyoftheDead"]

JangoWuzHere

Do you really have such a problem with it that you felt the need to create a thread on it?

...................Yes?:|

Why? I cannot understand why you have such a problem with it. Yes, you gave reasons, but none of them justify the need to create a thread about it. I'm sorry if I'm coming off as a stick in the mud, but I just think it's silly. Maybe if MS does decide to call it the X-Box 720, but until they make an announcement...who cares what people call it?

kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
next xbox = xbox 2 not 720
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#24 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts
It's probobly gonna be called like the Xbox 1080... A it's not just 1 revolution, it's 3!
DivinitySkate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#25 DivinitySkate
Member since 2008 • 485 Posts
Who knows it could be a sphere then the name would make sense. But oh a circle would be aesthetically appealing but so unconventional imagine trying to fit it onto a self or something it would have to be a rectangle or a George Foreman like the ps3.
vashkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 vashkey
How bout the X- Disco ball!
Janton3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Janton3
Member since 2005 • 319 Posts
[QUOTE="JangoWuzHere"]

JIT93

hahaha.....that would suck if it was only 2 times powerful
wmc540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 wmc540
Member since 2006 • 2620 Posts

NeXbox

Guarentee it.

LibertySaint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 LibertySaint
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Never!
black_tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 black_tempest
[QUOTE="black_tempest"][QUOTE="JIT93"] But its 360... times 2 :shock:vashkey

Or the Wiini!! (Ni is japanese for two)

The wiini will take next gen by name alone!
D-Throne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 D-Throne
Member since 2008 • 92 Posts
It's just a prototype name, so it doesnt really matter what it's called.
munkeypoo45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#32 munkeypoo45
Member since 2008 • 3221 Posts

How bout the X- Disco ball!vashkey

hahha wtf? that doesnt make sense.

ReaperV7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ReaperV7
Member since 2008 • 6756 Posts
They are gonna call it the Xiistation 3. (Wii + Xbox + playstation 3 + third xbox)... M$ is gonna sell it for $50....and its going to have motion controls and VIRTUAL REALITEEEE!!!!1111111111
WhiteDesert89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 WhiteDesert89
Member since 2007 • 691 Posts
How about Sir Xbox the 3rd?
bethwo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bethwo
Member since 2008 • 1718 Posts
Until it's actual name is revealed is should be called: The Next Box
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#36 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

First of all, TC, 720 is just a code name. That's it.

Secondly, It's EASY to type, that's why it sticks. IT's called Internet Efficiency, deal it it.

Furthermore, you said the Xbox 360 is a good name? Let's look at that :

XBOX = Wow, the word BOX isn't cool at all, but the X in front of it makes it XTREME to the max! Forget Direct X reasoning, It's the EXTREME BOX! A Box LIKE NO OTHER! Whoa! If you cut open the XBOX, it bleeds MOUNTAIN DEW, it's EXTREME! I snowboard with the XBOX, it's so dang extreme!The word BOX was never cool, and it never will be.

Now let's take a look at the second part of the name, the 360? Huh? That's not good either. It's lame. BOX = SQUARE, and 360 = CIRCLE....We like a system that means SQUARE CIRCLE? Maybe M$ was PROPHETIC, and knew RROD was coming, and that's what the 360 MEANS, lol.

If you REALLY think about it, Xbox 360 isn't a good name at all. But it does do something with marketing.

You see, naming the XBOX 360, the XBOX 2 would have made the XBOX 2 market up against the Playstation 3.

Casuals see, OMG! XBOX 2 vs. PS3? I want the 3, since it's BIGGER than the 2! It's marketing. The Xbox 360, has SIXTY MORE of something than the Playstation 3, which lacks the sixtysomething. So Casuals now see 360 VS. 3, 360 is Bigger than 3!

I could go on and on about the Xbox Brand, and Direct X, and M$ choosing to keep the name after it was just a project name, and even how the X in JAPAN is a negative connotation, but there's no need to.

Does the Xbox 360 deliver on GAMING though, making naming irrelevant? Sure, Shakespeare said it best in the 16 century, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name, would smell as sweet."

So, M$ could name it the SmellyPoopbox : Toilet edition, and it would be just as great, the delivery mechanism for great gaming experiences.

+1 post that never gets read in SW, this is why I keep my thoughts so brief in here. 

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 JangoWuzHere

Secondly, It's EASY to type, that's why it sticks. IT's called Internet Efficiency, deal it it.

XBOX = Wow, the word BOX isn't cool at all, but the X in front of it makes it XTREME to the max! Forget Direct X reasoning, It's the EXTREME BOX! A Box LIKE NO OTHER! Whoa! If you cut open the XBOX, it bleeds MOUNTAIN DEW, it's EXTREME! I snowboard with the XBOX, it's so dang extreme!The word BOX was never cool, and it never will be.

Now let's take a look at the second part of the name, the 360? Huh? That's not good either. It's lame. BOX = SQUARE, and 360 = CIRCLE....We like a system that means SQUARE CIRCLE? Maybe M$ was PROPHETIC, and knew RROD was coming, and that's what the 360 MEANS, lol.

If you REALLY think about it, Xbox 360 isn't a good name at all. But it does do something with marketing.

You see, naming the XBOX 360, the XBOX 2 would have made the XBOX 2 market up against the Playstation 3.

Casuals see, OMG! XBOX 2 vs. PS3? I want the 3, since it's BIGGER than the 2! It's marketing. The Xbox 360, has SIXTY MORE of something than the Playstation 3, which lacks the sixtysomething. So Casuals now see 360 VS. 3, 360 is Bigger than 3!

I could go on and on about the Xbox Brand, and Direct X, and M$ choosing to keep the name after it was just a project name, and even how the X in JAPAN is a negative connotation, but there's no need to.

Does the Xbox 360 deliver on GAMING though, making naming irrelevant? Sure, Shakespeare said it best in the 16 century, "What's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name, would smell as sweet."

So, M$ could name it the SmellyPoopbox : Toilet edition, and it would be just as great, the delivery mechanism for great gaming experiences.

+1 post that never gets read in SW, this is why I keep my thoughts so brief in here. 

SolidTy
ummmm ok... But ill tell you that 720 would make no sense. and if this is the internet then it would be much more easy to type X-box 3 not 720. and 360 to me means all around. Dosen't mean that it has to be a circle or sphere or ummm whatever:o
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

JangoWuzHere

ummmm ok... But ill tell you that 720 would make no sense. and if this is the internet then it would be much more easy to type X-box 3 not 720. and 360 to me means all around. Dosen't mean that it has to be a circle or sphere or ummm whatever:o

Did you read what you typed? Did you really read what I typed?

720 (3 characters 7,2,0 ) is easier to type than X-Box 3 (6 characters X,-,B,O,X,3 ). Think about it, I don't feel like explaining it. Furthermore, 720 may not make sense, but neither did 360. A circle? Well, the 720 is Two Circles? Who cares? It's just a code name. 720 is just as bad as 360, so Blame M$ for naming it 360 in the first place.

Perhaps you haven't learned to 10-key (The actual human skill is what I'm refering too, just in case you don't understand).

You think you can beat a meme anyways?

"What's in a name..."

DrinkDuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DrinkDuff
Member since 2004 • 6762 Posts
Nextbox by Microsoft Corporation.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SolidTy

Nextbox by Microsoft Corporation.DrinkDuff
That's what The 360 was called before the 360 released. Bringing it back from the dead, again, won't save it from it's name.

What's after the NEXTBOX? The NextBoxAfterNext? The After Box? It won't feel so next when the system after it is coming. M$ didn't choose it for the 360, so it's Xtremely unlikely to get resurrected as well.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 killerfist
Member since 2005 • 20155 Posts
I said this before, I will say it again XXbox for women XYbox for men
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SolidTy

I said this before, I will say it again XXbox for women XYbox for menkillerfist

It's a great idea, but you are alienating your hermaphrodite audience. :)

user_nat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 user_nat
Member since 2006 • 3130 Posts

It will be 720 because it will actually be able to run games at 720p. Maybe.

killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 killerfist

[QUOTE="killerfist"]I said this before, I will say it again XXbox for women XYbox for menSolidTy

*smacks head* of course! lol how could I've missed the biggest market of all. --- but anyway, who cares what people call it now. It's fine as long as everyone knows what you mean..
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 SolidTy
[QUOTE="SolidTy"]

[QUOTE="killerfist"]I said this before, I will say it again XXbox for women XYbox for menkillerfist

*smacks head* of course! lol how could I've missed the biggest market of all. --- but anyway, who cares what people call it now. It's fine as long as everyone knows what you mean..

QFT. I totally agree, that's how I am in real life, and most other forums.

I just enjoy the arguing here in SW. :)

Snowboarder99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Snowboarder99
Member since 2006 • 5460 Posts
A lot of you guy take names too seriously...
killerfist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 killerfist
I just enjoy the arguing here in SW. :) SolidTy
And it shows in your previous posts here in this thread. lol
JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts