Can MS get any worse?

• 57 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ZoomZoom2490
Member since 2008 • 3943 Posts

Ms is removing KZ2 videos from Youtube?

What are your thoughts about that?

http://translate.google.nl/translate?prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ps3hype.nl%2Fnieuws%2F2827-microsoft-haalt-ps3-filmpjes-van-youtube-af&sl=nl&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

Panther501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Panther501
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts

Ms is removing KZ2 videos from Youtube.

ZoomZoom2490
how is that possible?
ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 ZoomZoom2490
[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

Panther501

how is that possible?

Let me find the link, hold on.

swazidoughman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#4 swazidoughman
Member since 2008 • 3520 Posts
[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

Panther501

how is that possible?

teh h4x!!!

But I seriously doubt that MS can do that.

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 cowgriller
Member since 2008 • 3153 Posts
microsoft doesn't own youtube. news corp. (fox) does.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#6 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

ZoomZoom2490

Do you have some kind of proof, preferably in the form of a link, to back up this claim? :?

Avatar image for EzioTheAssassin
EzioTheAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 EzioTheAssassin
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts
Proof?
ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ZoomZoom2490
Yes, it has started fine.Het jaloerse Microsoft is weer begonnen met acties tegen de PS3 hype.The jealous Microsoft has started with actions against the PS3 hype.Met de release van Killzone 2 is de PS3 erg gewild bij gamers.With the release of Killzone 2 the PS3 is very popular with gamers.Echter doet Microsoft er alles aan om ervoor te zorgen dat de goede games van de PlayStation 3 zo min mogelijk naar voren komen op youtube.However, Microsoft does everything to ensure that the good games from the PlayStation 3 as possible to emerge on youtube.Ik wou zojuist mijn zelf gemaakte trailer op youtube uploaden genaamt: The Reason To Buy A PS3.I just wanted my self-made trailer on youtube upload genaamt: The Reason To Buy A PS3.En wat denk je ik krijg direct een bericht dat de video niet wordt uitgezonden vanwegen een aanklacht van Viacom (het bedrijf dat helpt om voor Microsoft te adverteren).And what do you think I get an immediate message that the video is not sent due to a charge of Viacom (the company that helps Microsoft to advertise).Klik snel op lees meer.Click to read more.

Heel smerig dus hoe Microsoft en Viacom dit spelen. Very dirty so how Microsoft and Viacom this play. Ze halen dus filmpjes die het beste van de PlayStation 3 laten zien weg van youtube door een geschil in te dienen. They get so that the best movies of the PlayStation 3 show away from youtube by a dispute in question. Maar wat is er dan zo verkeerd aan mijn filmpje? But what's so wrong with my movie? Ik laat alleen de beste PS3 games zien? I only accept the best PS3 games? Copyright schending? Copyright violation? Tuurlijk niet. Of course not. En al helemaal niet bij Viacom aangezien zei geen games uitbrengen en al helemaal niet op de PlayStation 3. And certainly not with Viacom said no games since launch and certainly not on the PlayStation 3.

http://translate.google.nl/translate?prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ps3hype.nl%2Fnieuws%2F2827-microsoft-haalt-ps3-filmpjes-van-youtube-af&sl=nl&tl=en&history_state0=&swap=1

masterflame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 masterflame10
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts

ZoomZoom2490

Wow. I'm speechless. This doesn't seem likely, but if this is true, I lose what little respect I had for Microsoft.

masterflame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 masterflame10
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts
Yes, it has started fine.Het jaloerse Microsoft is weer begonnen met acties tegen de PS3 hype.The jealous Microsoft has started with actions against the PS3 hype.Met de release van Killzone 2 is de PS3 erg gewild bij gamers.With the release of Killzone 2 the PS3 is very popular with gamers.Echter doet Microsoft er alles aan om ervoor te zorgen dat de goede games van de PlayStation 3 zo min mogelijk naar voren komen op youtube.However, Microsoft does everything to ensure that the good games from the PlayStation 3 as possible to emerge on youtube.Ik wou zojuist mijn zelf gemaakte trailer op youtube uploaden genaamt: The Reason To Buy A PS3.I just wanted my self-made trailer on youtube upload genaamt: The Reason To Buy A PS3.En wat denk je ik krijg direct een bericht dat de video niet wordt uitgezonden vanwegen een aanklacht van Viacom (het bedrijf dat helpt om voor Microsoft te adverteren).And what do you think I get an immediate message that the video is not sent due to a charge of Viacom (the company that helps Microsoft to advertise).Klik snel op lees meer.Click to read more.

Heel smerig dus hoe Microsoft en Viacom dit spelen. Very dirty so how Microsoft and Viacom this play. Ze halen dus filmpjes die het beste van de PlayStation 3 laten zien weg van youtube door een geschil in te dienen. They get so that the best movies of the PlayStation 3 show away from youtube by a dispute in question. Maar wat is er dan zo verkeerd aan mijn filmpje? But what's so wrong with my movie? Ik laat alleen de beste PS3 games zien? I only accept the best PS3 games? Copyright schending? Copyright violation? Tuurlijk niet. Of course not. En al helemaal niet bij Viacom aangezien zei geen games uitbrengen en al helemaal niet op de PlayStation 3. And certainly not with Viacom said no games since launch and certainly not on the PlayStation 3.

ZoomZoom2490

That's a new low for them, but they aren't exactly taking off all Killzone 2 videos off Youtube. Then again, that will attract attention. Hmm...

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ZoomZoom2490
[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]

masterflame10

Wow. I'm speechless. This doesn't seem likely, but if this is true, I lose what little respect I had for Microsoft.

its very true and you wont hear about it from NA sources.

johnnyblazed88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 johnnyblazed88
Member since 2008 • 4240 Posts

ZoomZoom2490

whats worse is your blaming MS for something they prolly didnt do lol

stopping it from hitting stores would be more effective

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ZoomZoom2490
[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]Yes, it has started fine.Het jaloerse Microsoft is weer begonnen met acties tegen de PS3 hype.The jealous Microsoft has started with actions against the PS3 hype.Met de release van Killzone 2 is de PS3 erg gewild bij gamers.With the release of Killzone 2 the PS3 is very popular with gamers.Echter doet Microsoft er alles aan om ervoor te zorgen dat de goede games van de PlayStation 3 zo min mogelijk naar voren komen op youtube.However, Microsoft does everything to ensure that the good games from the PlayStation 3 as possible to emerge on youtube.Ik wou zojuist mijn zelf gemaakte trailer op youtube uploaden genaamt: The Reason To Buy A PS3.I just wanted my self-made trailer on youtube upload genaamt: The Reason To Buy A PS3.En wat denk je ik krijg direct een bericht dat de video niet wordt uitgezonden vanwegen een aanklacht van Viacom (het bedrijf dat helpt om voor Microsoft te adverteren).And what do you think I get an immediate message that the video is not sent due to a charge of Viacom (the company that helps Microsoft to advertise).Klik snel op lees meer.Click to read more.

masterflame10

That's a new low for them, but they aren't exactly taking off all Killzone 2 videos off Youtube. Then again, that will attract attention. Hmm...

Many people over at youtube have reported that their KZ2 videos in Hidef have been removed.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#14 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

ZoomZoom2490

This is legit.... Really? Its come to this? Its not even in English.... Just wow, an all new low.

DragonxanderPR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 DragonxanderPR
Member since 2008 • 292 Posts

Wow. I'm speechless. This doesn't seem likely, but if this is true, I lose what little respect I had for Microsoft.masterflame10

That's more likely to happen than the rumor I just heared about Microsoft & the PS3: Microsoft buying PS3s in order to avoid many future PS3 owners from buying PS3 games. If that were the case (too unlikely to happen), they're doing a terrible job.

FragTycoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 FragTycoon
Member since 2008 • 6430 Posts
I still see a ton of vids on KZ2 on youtube. If they really are trying to do something, it's not working. :|
dgsag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#17 dgsag
Member since 2005 • 6760 Posts
microsoft doesn't own youtube. news corp. (fox) does.cowgriller
The hell are you talking about? GOOGLE owns them...
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#18 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

ZoomZoom2490

That...is hardly proof.

You can barely make out what is being said in the garbled mess of incredibly poorly translated paragraphs.

I'll wait to see this reported by a few english sources before I throw MS under the bus.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#19 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts

[QUOTE="cowgriller"]microsoft doesn't own youtube. news corp. (fox) does.dgsag

And you just owned him!:lol:

As for the topic, it sounds like nothing more than fanboy tinfoil hat rhetoric. It's from PS3hype.com, and I bet when fully translated it from its forum. If true, rip MS a new one but come with a source that's a bit more grounded.

Avatar image for EzioTheAssassin
EzioTheAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 EzioTheAssassin
Member since 2009 • 71 Posts
I actually lol'd reading that
one_on_one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 208

#21 one_on_one
Member since 2008 • 2368 Posts
Sweet, just like CNET, I guess MS owns Youtube too?
mccoyca112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 mccoyca112
Member since 2007 • 5434 Posts
[QUOTE="ZoomZoom2490"]Yes, it has started fine.Het jaloerse Microsoft is weer begonnen met acties tegen de PS3 hype.The jealous Microsoft has started with actions against the PS3 hype.Met de release van Killzone 2 is de PS3 erg gewild bij gamers.With the release of Killzone 2 the PS3 is very popular with gamers.Echter doet Microsoft er alles aan om ervoor te zorgen dat de goede games van de PlayStation 3 zo min mogelijk naar voren komen op youtube.However, Microsoft does everything to ensure that the good games from the PlayStation 3 as possible to emerge on youtube.Ik wou zojuist mijn zelf gemaakte trailer op youtube uploaden genaamt: The Reason To Buy A PS3.I just wanted my self-made trailer on youtube upload genaamt: The Reason To Buy A PS3.En wat denk je ik krijg direct een bericht dat de video niet wordt uitgezonden vanwegen een aanklacht van Viacom (het bedrijf dat helpt om voor Microsoft te adverteren).And what do you think I get an immediate message that the video is not sent due to a charge of Viacom (the company that helps Microsoft to advertise).Klik snel op lees meer.Click to read more.

The_Game21x

That...is hardly proof.

You can barely make out what is being said in the garbled mess of incredibly poorly translated paragraphs.

I'll wait to see this reported by a few english sources before I throw MS under the bus.

Well for what its worth bud, you could actually use the translation link. Still it seems like one man doing a blog ranting about it so it may or may not be true.

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 cowgriller

whoops. my mistake.:shock:

cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 cowgriller

[QUOTE="dgsag"][QUOTE="cowgriller"]microsoft doesn't own youtube. news corp. (fox) does.bez2083

As for the topic, it sounds like nothing more than fanboy tinfoil hat rhetoric. It's from PS3hype.com, and I bet when fully translated it from its forum. If true, rip MS a new one but come with a source that's a bit more grounded.

yea he did. and it hurt.:cry: i coul've sworn that news corp. owned them but it turns out they own youtube's floptastic rival wonderhowto.com. i know. i've never heard of it either.

going back to the topic. it's pure bs. ms had nothing to do with it. the tc is p.o.'ed that a video was taken down from a site that has crappy image quality to begin with.

hey tc, if you want kz2 videos, i'm pretty sure gs, ign, gt, g4tv, and psn have plenty of them. and their free!

ZoomZoom2490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ZoomZoom2490
[QUOTE="bez2083"]

[QUOTE="dgsag"] The hell are you talking about? GOOGLE owns them...cowgriller

yea he did. and it hurt.:cry: i coul've sworn that news corp. owned them but it turns out they own youtube's floptastic rival wonderhowto.com. i know. i've never heard of it either.

going back to the topic. it's pure bs. ms had nothing to do with it. the tc is p.o.'ed that a video was taken down from a site that has crappy image quality to begin with.

hey tc, if you want kz2 videos, i'm pretty sure gs, ign, gt, g4tv, and psn have plenty of them. and their free!

more people visit those sites around the world than Youtube? rofl

btw, who was talking about quality of videos anyway? i know i didnt, why you changing subjects?

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
I'm convinced by that totally reliable source. I will go, spit on my Xbox and throw it out of the window right now.
Trigger_Hppy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 Trigger_Hppy
Member since 2007 • 847 Posts
I also hear from my cousin who is the roommate of a taxi driver in Italy that Microsoft kidnaps the babies of high ranking Sony officials as leverage. Its really disgusting, what has Microsoft come to?
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 deactivated-5e7be39d87e0b
Member since 2005 • 4624 Posts
I also hear from my cousin who is the roommate of a taxi driver in Italy that Microsoft kidnaps the babies of high ranking Sony officials as leverage. Its really disgusting, what has Microsoft come to? Trigger_Hppy
My uncle plays WoW with a guy whose brother is a sausage maker in Germany and told me that when you get RRoD, the red is actually the blood of a puppy used to make the console. For shame, M$.
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cowgriller

I'm convinced by that totally reliable source. I will go, spit on my Xbox and throw it out of the window right now.nethernova

careful. that gpu could be used as a thermobaric bomb. you might want to put it in the freezer first.

black_tempest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 black_tempest
Member since 2008 • 2459 Posts
Can MS get worse, I'd say so http://consumerist.com/5160187/identifying-yourself-as-a-lesbian-gets-you-banned-on-xbox-live
cowgriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 cowgriller

I also hear from my cousin who is the roommate of a taxi driver in Italy that Microsoft kidnaps the babies of high ranking Sony officials as leverage. Its really disgusting, what has Microsoft come to? Trigger_Hppy

yea i know right. god forbid they cut off a goats head during the launch of a popular game.

n00bkid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#33 n00bkid
Member since 2006 • 4163 Posts
Lost all respect for MS if this is true. There scared of competition :|
lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18042 Posts

I tought there was something wrong with his post :lol: But yeah to get back on topic; it's impossible for MS to do that. Even if they asked or wanted to pay Google, they're not exacly friends.
TheTrystero024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 TheTrystero024
Member since 2006 • 567 Posts
Fanboys in general are just getting desperate these days. We saw the "MS owns CNET" crap. Then this?
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts
The only people who could have KZ2 links removed from youtube are SONY and Guerrila Games, MS cannot have any form of content unrelated to their enterprise removed. This is all crap, sony has the stuff removed, and people blame MS. Lovely.
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
For the people hating on microsoft: Literally the only proof we have of this is someone who put a video up on YouTube and had it taken down, with a message saying it was taken down by the request of Viacom; who don't own Microsoft at all, but own a smaller company who microsoft has used in the past to advertise with. That is the only link this person has for saying 'microsoft is taking down killzone 2 videos'. Honesly... :roll:
Ninja-Hippo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#38 Ninja-Hippo
Member since 2008 • 23434 Posts
Lost all respect for MS if this is true. There scared of competition :|n00bkid
Because Killzone 2 is going to single-handedly bring down microsoft!
urdead18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 urdead18
Member since 2008 • 3630 Posts
Well, it's definetely not working. They're are millions of Killzone 2 vids on the web. Didn't it just get 10 million views on Gametrailers?
Darth_Stalin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Darth_Stalin
Member since 2005 • 8681 Posts
MS doesn't own youtube, they would have to file a lawsuit to remove Killzone 2 from youtube, if the guys at youtube want to keep the videos. The PC area is a different sect from gaming. If MS hated sony that much there would be no windows on Sony computers.
navyguy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 navyguy21
Member since 2003 • 17466 Posts
That article was taken from an angry fanboy over at N4G, a known PS3 fanboy safehouse. And Viacom removed the video due to copyright infringment. http://www.n4g.com/industrynews/NewsPendingCom-284621.aspx?CT=1
Ross_the_B0SS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Ross_the_B0SS
Member since 2008 • 1210 Posts
The worst part isn't that MS did this, but that people actually believe this nonsense is true based off nothing:roll:
Nagidar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nagidar
Member since 2006 • 6231 Posts

For the people hating on microsoft: Literally the only proof we have of this is someone who put a video up on YouTube and had it taken down, with a message saying it was taken down by the request of Viacom; who don't own Microsoft at all, but own a smaller company who microsoft has used in the past to advertise with. That is the only link this person has for saying 'microsoft is taking down killzone 2 videos'. Honesly... :roll:Ninja-Hippo

Bingo!, This was in that link:

"To our English visitors this is what the email said:

Dear samich2007,

Your video called "The Reason To Buy A PS3" may contain content that is in possession of or is licensed by Viacom.

You do not take action. However, if you are interested in the impact on your video, go to the "Index-id agreements of your account.

Sincerely,
- The YouTube Team"

Youtube took it down.

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts
This is obviously untrue.
yoyo462001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#46 yoyo462001
Member since 2005 • 7535 Posts
The worst part isn't that MS did this, but that people actually believe this nonsense is true based off nothing:roll:Ross_the_B0SS
Exactly the guy has not even posted a link first of all and second google own youtube so its impossible, is this how desperate cows are now.
zarshack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 149

#47 zarshack
Member since 2009 • 9936 Posts

all sorts fanboys have desperate attack threads, not just the cows lol...

angelkimne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 angelkimne
Member since 2006 • 14037 Posts
Viacom removed the video, not MS. But of course they are linked in some way so that means it must of been MS's plan all along.
SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

Viacom removed the video, not MS. But of course they are linked in some way so that means it must of been MS's plan all along.angelkimne

Yeah, there is some sort of connection there, so it must be! Thsi thread is nutty.

The only odd thing is if Sony isn't pulling it down, I would like to know why it was actually pulled, but we will never know.

Maybe YouTube has fanboys working over there, lol.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#50 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

uhg ghod. Killzone is copyrighted material. It's probably the copyright owners that took it down. It happens all the time. But I forgot, Microsoft owns everything.

Facepalm.