can god of war be dethroned?

• 83 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ___gamemaster__
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ___gamemaster__
Member since 2009 • 3349 Posts

when can we see a game that will dethrone god of war as the king of hack and slash action adventure? Heavenly sword couldnt do it, Ninja Gaiden couldnt do it , Ninja blade couldnt do it.. Is it safe to say that GOW is the best hack and slash action adventure?? Discuss.

doobie1975

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 doobie1975
Member since 2003 • 2806 Posts

god of war never dethroned ninja gaiden. ninja gainden is the king

MachoBuzzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 MachoBuzzzy
Member since 2009 • 4638 Posts
Score wise NG is still the king
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ___gamemaster__

doobie1975

i disagree.. although i have to admit ninja gaiden is the closest on dethroning god of war.. in metacritic, and gamerankings, GOW series never get an score below AAAE. even GOW COO in PSP except here in GS where GOW COO got 8.6 not sure, and it proves to be a system seller. whereas ninja gaiden has always mixed reviews and gaiden 2 has alot of flaws.. even in real life kratos will smash ryu in half easily. :lol:

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
Didn't GOW2 and NGB get the same score?
CreepyBacon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 CreepyBacon
Member since 2005 • 3183 Posts

Please don't even compare NG to GOW. It's insulting. Ones a button smasher with to many quick time events and ones got a deep combat system that requires skill to master.

riou7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#7 riou7  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 10842 Posts

NO WAY! GoW can't be dethroned

MachoBuzzzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 MachoBuzzzy
Member since 2009 • 4638 Posts
Both Ninja gaiden and Black got 9.4 on GAMESPOT,Kratos has yet got his truly next gen game which will be amazing but till then Ninja Gaiden series is still scored higher
Avatar image for deactivated-5f24e9d9ab22f
deactivated-5f24e9d9ab22f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 deactivated-5f24e9d9ab22f
Member since 2004 • 530 Posts
God of War is the one with the naked breasts while Ninja Gaiden covers them up right? This is pretty clear.
Gamingcucumber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 Gamingcucumber
Member since 2004 • 5612 Posts
To be fair I used to be a Nr#1 God Of War fan, but looking back at it I can honestly say that beyond the awesome violence and cool slick style it isn't that deep. It's brainless enjoyment with cool bosses and superb scale, but it's also shallow and Kratos has become somewhat a whiner and a bit too powerful for my liking. I would still say that it's number 1 or 2 in terms of hack and slash tie with Ninja Gaiden. Though I possibly would give NG the edge over GoW. Devil May Cry is so distant I don't even want to hear Dantes one liners.
Eddie-Vedder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Eddie-Vedder
Member since 2003 • 7810 Posts

Please don't even compare NG to GOW. It's insulting. Ones a button smasher with to many quick time events and ones got a deep combat system that requires skill to master.

CreepyBacon
One has a kick ass story, top notch graphics, amazing production values, and is extremely FUN to play. NG is great but being hard doesn't make it better.
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ___gamemaster__

[QUOTE="CreepyBacon"]

Eddie-Vedder

One has a kick ass story, top notch graphics, amazing production values, and is extremely FUN to play. NG is great but being hard doesn't make it better.

i agree with this.. NG series for hard core gamers only. GOW series for every type of gamers.

TecmoGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TecmoGirl
Member since 2007 • 3965 Posts

doobie1975

I wholeheartedly agree--though im sure my username won't exactly make that seem unbiased.

skanjos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 skanjos
Member since 2006 • 647 Posts

score wise i dont know but in my heart zone of the enders beats god of war series hands down, i really want kojima to make a 3rd zoe ,ohhh the possibilities with ps3 ,graphic wise and with online battle mode ,it would be awesome

MortalDecay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 MortalDecay
Member since 2005 • 4298 Posts
[QUOTE="___gamemaster__"]

[QUOTE="doobie1975"]

i disagree.. although i have to admit ninja gaiden is the closest on dethroning god of war.. in metacritic, and gamerankings, GOW series never get an score below AAAE. even GOW COO in PSP except here in GS where GOW COO got 8.6 not sure, and it proves to be a system seller. whereas ninja gaiden has always mixed reviews and gaiden 2 has alot of flaws.. even in real life kratos will smash ryu in half easily. :lol:

Yeah, because Kratos, and Ryu exsist in real life. :roll:
clembo1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 clembo1990
Member since 2005 • 9976 Posts
God of war is better than NG
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ___gamemaster__

[QUOTE="___gamemaster__"]

[QUOTE="doobie1975"]

MortalDecay

Yeah, because Kratos, and Ryu exsist in real life. :roll:

my mistake sorry, if ever they exist only (in fantasy though) i mean.. :lol:

boredy-Mcbored

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 boredy-Mcbored
Member since 2007 • 1566 Posts
I always though NG was a little to serious and not as fun as GOW.
Trinners

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Trinners
Member since 2009 • 2537 Posts

CreepyBacon

NG only has gameplay that's it. In every other area NG simply is mediocre at best. While GoW is good on all fronts. GoW is better.

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 gamespot4life
Member since 2007 • 1301 Posts

doobie1975

agreed! although god of war is pretty good, ninja gaiden still holds the throne, and lets not leave devil may cry out of the mix.

gamespot4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gamespot4life
Member since 2007 • 1301 Posts

lets not forget nightmare creatures!!! another great hack n slash

___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ___gamemaster__

yup played NG sigma yeah its cool but it got old very easily while GOW is very intense and the pace is fast you will never get bored.. and i love those button mashers and mini game.. unlike NGS where you always press square and block.. GOW series is in top of the food chain..

Dystopian-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Dystopian-X
Member since 2008 • 8998 Posts

when can we see a game that will dethrone god of war as the king of hack and slash action adventure? Heavenly sword couldnt do it, Ninja Gaiden couldnt do it , Ninja blade couldnt do it.. Is it safe to say that GOW is the best hack and slash action adventure?? Discuss.

___gamemaster__

The king of hack and slash huh?

More like king of button mashing, repetitive combos and quick time events. Srsly the best thing GOW has going for it are the, puzzles, platforming and over the top action sequences but other than that it's core action, fighting is not as good as NG and DMC.

jjenkins78x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jjenkins78x
Member since 2009 • 751 Posts
Score wise NG is still the kingMachoBuzzzy
How?

CreepyBacon
On the other hand, one is an epic game with high production values, unforgettable boss fights and fantastic presentation and story-telling, the other has no story, horrible production values, cliche boss fights and generally godawful presentation, from the music to the menu screens. NG combat system is literally the only thing about it that is great, the rest is barely average. GOW masters everything else.
jjenkins78x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jjenkins78x
Are we forgetting that NG2 got an 8.0? GOW has never even got a score close to that. That's like saying Tony Hawk is still the king of skateboarding because ONE game got a 10. You can hardly say it's still a better franchise than Skate.
RyanShazam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 RyanShazam
Member since 2006 • 6498 Posts

I would have to say God of War is also the best. I think the main thing i like about God of War is the whole Greek Mythology story it has.

The game always looks amazing, game play is easy, where as Ninja Gaiden's game play just gets tiddious.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
GOW cannot be dethroned, no. Never. Negative. Absolutely positively not.
sasapac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sasapac
Member since 2008 • 1056 Posts

gow is the best hack and slash game in my opinion and neither ninja gaiden nor devil may cry can dethroned it

jjenkins78x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jjenkins78x
Are GOW/NG/DMC really "hack and slash"? Diablo is hack and slash. Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance is hack and slash. I have heard hack and slash tons of times when it refers to action RPGs, but never to action games like GOW.
Englandfc1966

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Englandfc1966
Member since 2005 • 2217 Posts
God Of War 3 won't look as good or play as good as Ninja Gaiden 2. Fact.
The_Game21x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#31 The_Game21x
Member since 2005 • 26440 Posts

[QUOTE="CreepyBacon"]

Trinners

NG only has gameplay that's it. In every other area NG simply is mediocre at best. While GoW is good on all fronts. GoW is better.

And we all know GAMEplay isn't the most important part of a game to get right...
Jrfanfreak88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#32 Jrfanfreak88
Member since 2008 • 1792 Posts

___gamemaster__
GOW is like Halo, regardless of what games are in the same genre there is no way to overpower or reduce it's greatness. Both games are timeless.
Jrfanfreak88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#33 Jrfanfreak88
Member since 2008 • 1792 Posts
[QUOTE="Englandfc1966"]God Of War 3 won't look as good or play as good as Ninja Gaiden 2. Fact.

Will that really matter when you're on the back of a titan that's a moving level? Or battling 50+ enemies on the screen at once? OR controlling a huge cyclops and demolishing your foes? ORRRRRRRRRRR when you slice open an enemy to see his guts spill out all over the place?!!?!?!?!
abuabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 abuabed
Member since 2005 • 6606 Posts
GoW is exclusive so it must be better :roll: :P lol seriously speaking I find NG to be good specially in combat but GoW is better in everything else and more fun specially the plot and the main char which are two elements that always draw me into games.
gamer620

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamer620
Member since 2004 • 3367 Posts

___gamemaster__
My guess is in your opinion, it will never happen, but I am sure there are people that consider Ninja Gaiden or DMC to be superior.
II_Seraphim_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 II_Seraphim_II
Member since 2007 • 20534 Posts
God of War will never be dethroned and once GoW3 is released and gets AAA, it will be settled. God of War as a franchise will officially have a higher average score than the Ninja Gaiden Franchise.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

god of war is accessible, while NG is more niche. both are fun games though.

___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ___gamemaster__

gow is the best hack and slash game in my opinion and neither ninja gaiden nor devil may cry can dethroned it

sasapac

agreed.. gamesplay , score, story, and sales wise. :P

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#39 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

Ninja Gaiden = Better Gameplay

God of War = overall Better Game.

That's how I see it.

Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts
Devil May Cry 3 > Ninja Gaiden/B/S/2 > God of War 1/2 > Devil May Cry 1 = Devil May Cry 4 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Devil May Cry 2, imo.
HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 HoldThePhone
Member since 2007 • 3364 Posts

doobie1975
Current gen battle yes yet to decided, and with NG2 being an underwhelming sequel, my money is GoW3 to blow it away.
Avatar image for dark-warmachine
dark-warmachine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 dark-warmachine
Member since 2007 • 3476 Posts
[QUOTE="doobie1975"]

HoldThePhone
Current gen battle yes yet to decided, and with NG2 being an underwhelming sequel, my money is GoW3 to blow it away.

Don't count NG2 out just yet, we have Sigma 2 for the ps3 coming out this year with co op and other added content. It's definitely going to be more polished than the 360 version.
HoldThePhone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 HoldThePhone
Member since 2007 • 3364 Posts
[QUOTE="HoldThePhone"][QUOTE="doobie1975"]

dark-warmachine

Don't count NG2 out just yet, we have Sigma 2 for the ps3 coming out this year with co op and other added content. It's definitely going to be more polished than the 360 version.

true, i just think GoW3 will be a more balanced package. And the fact that it has not only a comprehensible story, but a pretty good one makes a big difference to me.
___gamemaster__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ___gamemaster__

[QUOTE="dark-warmachine"][QUOTE="HoldThePhone"] Current gen battle yes yet to decided, and with NG2 being an underwhelming sequel, my money is GoW3 to blow it away.HoldThePhone

true, i just think GoW3 will be a more balanced package. And the fact that it has not only a comprehensible story, but a pretty good one makes a big difference to me.

Just like its title, GOW will be god in its genre. NG will be closed though.

Archaic8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Archaic8
Member since 2009 • 343 Posts
I don't see why God of War can't be the king of hack an slash genre. Its the full package, great and varied gameplay, great story, great presentation and a great musical score. I think people don't want to call it the king because its considered a "casual" game. I think most people like to say Ninja Gaiden is the best because it makes them look "hardcore". Ninja Gaiden at its core is a great game but everything other than its gameplay is trash.
Warzone876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Warzone876
Member since 2009 • 171 Posts

God Of War cant be dethroned. It will always be the top Hack n slash adventure game as long as it exists.:P

Avatar image for Synthetic_NinJI
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Synthetic_NinJI
Member since 2006 • 2809 Posts
[QUOTE="doobie1975"]

HoldThePhone

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is current gen. To TC. Ninja Gaiden has always been better than GoW, that is a fact.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#48 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
[QUOTE="HoldThePhone"][QUOTE="doobie1975"]

Synthetic_NinJI

Ninja Gaiden Sigma is current gen. To TC. Ninja Gaiden has always been better than GoW, that is a fact.

I believe it's an opinion.
Avatar image for Synthetic_NinJI
Synthetic_NinJI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Synthetic_NinJI
Member since 2006 • 2809 Posts
[QUOTE="aaronmullan"][QUOTE="Synthetic_NinJI"][QUOTE="HoldThePhone"] Current gen battle yes yet to decided, and with NG2 being an underwhelming sequel, my money is GoW3 to blow it away.

It is a fact, actually.
aaronmullan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#50 aaronmullan
Member since 2004 • 33426 Posts
[QUOTE="Synthetic_NinJI"][QUOTE="aaronmullan"][QUOTE="Synthetic_NinJI"] Ninja Gaiden Sigma is current gen. To TC. Ninja Gaiden has always been better than GoW, that is a fact.

It is a fact, actually.

Oh? Please explain.