Call of Duty : Black Ops expansion pack is out...

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Dibdibdobdobo
Member since 2008 • 6683 Posts

Yes its out people. Black ops : First strike. My little bro whos not at school today (Had pendacitus blow up inside of him so no school for couple more weeks) is running around like a kid in a candy shop.

How are you guys enjoying it?!

Keep to the discussion at hand rather than posting rubbish and things which have no relevence to the post at hand.

Iantheone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Iantheone
Member since 2007 • 8242 Posts
IDK, im too busy playing Dungeon Siege 2. I thought it wasnt this close to release?
emperorzhang66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emperorzhang66
Member since 2009 • 1483 Posts

Yes its out people. Black ops : First strike. My little bro whos not at school today (Had pendacitus blow up inside of him so no school for couple more weeks) is running around like a kid in a candy shop.

Dibdibdobdobo
Running round after that? I swear all i did was sleep when i had that, it was years ago but still... :) ontopic : already? was sooner than expected, i only got it now that the bugs have been kinda fixed, will play the full game then see.
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

Sold my Blops copy a week ago. Big disappointment.
I can understand why your little bro' loves it though, it's a game more suited for the younger ones amongst us.

Anyway, I'm having a blast with Mass Effect 2.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts

I can understand why your little bro' loves it though, it's a game more suited for the younger ones amongst us.

Sagem28

Ironic that kids enjoy it more especially considering the game has a mature rating. They should remove all the blood and stuff and make it teen. Although, then the young kids wouldn't think it's cool enough to play. Guess you can't win them all.

Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

DragonfireXZ95

Ironic that kids enjoy it more especially considering the game has a mature rating. They should remove all the blood and stuff and make it teen. Although, then the young kids wouldn't think it's cool enough to play. Guess you can't win them all.

Haters gonna hate.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

Sandvichman

Haters gonna hate.

Know what I see here? "I have no rebuttal."

tutt3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tutt3r
Member since 2005 • 2865 Posts

Sagem28

mmmmm yes the watered down "rpg" that plays just like GeoW. But I can understand why you love it, it's a game more suited for rpg casuals.

I understand your personal preferences may prevent you from enjoying cod, but you shouldn't catagorize and belittle an entire community because you don't find the appeal.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

DragonfireXZ95

Yeah the 20 million people who buy COD are all little kids :roll:

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

locopatho

17 is a kid to me. So yeah, I bet quite a lot of them are.

locopatho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 locopatho
Member since 2003 • 24259 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] Ironic that kids enjoy it more especially considering the game has a mature rating. They should remove all the blood and stuff and make it teen. Although, then the young kids wouldn't think it's cool enough to play. Guess you can't win them all.

DragonfireXZ95

Some just can't accept that COD is a fun game series...
DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 DragonfireXZ95

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Yeah the 20 million people who buy COD are all little kids :roll:

locopatho

I'm sure it's fun for many, it was more of a joke post anyway.

What is new in the expansion anyway?

coreybg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 coreybg
Member since 2009 • 2608 Posts

Teh milking has begun

fueled-system

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 fueled-system
Member since 2008 • 6529 Posts

I am gonna enjoy it by saving my hard earned money and not buying some overpriced dlc. If it was cheaper I would support it...

Grawse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Grawse
Member since 2010 • 4342 Posts

I was actually going to buy the map pack until 1 of the maps were wasted on a zombie map.

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 AmnesiaHaze
Member since 2008 • 5685 Posts

i want to download it on my ps3 but i'm a bit afraid if it's worth it , i do not mean if the maps are worth the cash - i don't care , what concerns me are the reports by some players of cheaters/hackers online , not sure if should continue to play this game at all cause of this fact ...

Can anyone advisehow bad isthe situationregarding hacking in black ops currently?

RickyRevolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RickyRevolver
Member since 2010 • 1086 Posts

Yes, keep making Activision rich guys:roll:

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts
Too busy playing games that don't charge ripoff DLC prices. Or games that are multiples in worth, for the same price; e.g. Monday Night Combat. BLOPS wasn't a bad game, the DLC is still ridiculous.
-supercharged-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#21 -supercharged-
Member since 2006 • 5820 Posts

Why support a gamethatis crap and has worse graphics+gameplay compared to MW2? I still play Black Ops mainly because MW2 has been hacked and pretty much pointless to play online but Black Ops is still nowhere near better.

EddieTheHead84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 EddieTheHead84
Member since 2011 • 2131 Posts

Why support a gamethatis crap and has worse graphics+gameplay compared to MW2? I still play Black Ops mainly because MW2 has been hacked and pretty much pointless to play online but Black Ops is still nowhere near better.

-supercharged-
Or better yet, play any number of non-COD FPS games. The only good cods are the PC games up to WAW.
siddarthshetty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 siddarthshetty
Member since 2008 • 9463 Posts

Not really exicted...will just wait for users opinion and then will take decision

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
:lol: No one here has given their opinion of the DLC. People just came in to say "lolcodsucks" or "lolihateActivision"
AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AmnesiaHaze
:lol: No one here has given their opinion of the DLC. People just came in to say "lolcodsucks" or "lolihateActivision"mrmusicman247
i've asked how bad the hacking sitiuation is in black ops ps3 nowadays prior to buying the DLC ? can you advise ?
mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts
[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]:lol: No one here has given their opinion of the DLC. People just came in to say "lolcodsucks" or "lolihateActivision"AmnesiaHaze
i've asked how bad the hacking sitiuation is in black ops ps3 nowadays prior to buying the DLC ? can you advise ?

Well the DLC is not even on PSN yet. It's only on XBL. I can't answer the hacking question. I've been playing ME2 nonstop :P
enterawesome

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 enterawesome
Member since 2009 • 9477 Posts
If I do get it it will be for the new Zombies map, which looks insane.
akira2465

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 akira2465
Member since 2004 • 1194 Posts

[QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]:lol: No one here has given their opinion of the DLC. People just came in to say "lolcodsucks" or "lolihateActivision"AmnesiaHaze

The new DLC is timed exclusive for MS, so that should help you out with your decision making

AmnesiaHaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AmnesiaHaze

[QUOTE="AmnesiaHaze"][QUOTE="mrmusicman247"]:lol: No one here has given their opinion of the DLC. People just came in to say "lolcodsucks" or "lolihateActivision"akira2465

The new DLC is timed exclusive for MS, so that should help you out with your decision making

it does indeed , im afraid the more time it takes to come to ps3 the more hacker infected the game will be , unless sony/activison do something against it (unlike mw2)
Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dibdibdobdobo

[QUOTE="Dibdibdobdobo"]

emperorzhang66

Running round after that? I swear all i did was sleep when i had that, it was years ago but still... :) ontopic : already? was sooner than expected, i only got it now that the bugs have been kinda fixed, will play the full game then see.

Well he's not running around. Its been a Month since it 1st happened and after the op he caught neumonia (SP) then had a infection in his wound, Then the Dr's found a virus in the septic stuff which came out. He lost in all 3 and half stone and was in hospital for a month. He's just started getting his feet back on the ground but he is still still having those side affects of sleeping quite alot.

On topic: Sweet, Ive just come to spend a couple of hours with my little bro and will try out the new maps. Give us your opinion when you tried them out. I've damaged my thumb so its hard to play games at the moment, Damn you punching mitts lol.

PS: to all the people who are like (kids should not be playing games like that)My brother is 14 and quite capable of making his own mind up on what games he likes and dislikes and he likes FPS (He's just brought Battle Field) so why should i question his judgement when i was playing Resident Evil at the age of 12 when it was released on the PSX back in 1997. Yes the game is violent but my brother isnt going to reinact the violence which he sees on the game while myself am a violent person who would rather play Little King Story than CoD.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
Now time for us PS3 owners to wait an extra month for the maps only because Microsoft paid Activision off to hold them from releasing them. That really pisses me off the more I think about it. I'm not that anxious to get the maps or anything, I don't have a problem waiting another month... but what's really lame is how Activision sells out it's own loyal customers like that. We paid the same amount of money for the game, so we should get the same stuff at the same time. First they release crappy ports on the PS3 and PC, then they sell those customers out by waiting longer for new maps just because M$ paid them. If anything, us PS3 and PC owners should get those maps EARLY and FREE for having to put up the horrible ports we got. :|
Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

[QUOTE="Sagem28"]

tutt3r

mmmmm yes the watered down "rpg" that plays just like GeoW. But I can understand why you love it, it's a game more suited for rpg casuals.

I understand your personal preferences may prevent you from enjoying cod, but you shouldn't catagorize and belittle an entire community because you don't find the appeal.

When did I ever belittle an entire community:? ? I just said I think BO is more suited for younger gamers, because of the easy learningcurve this game has. That's my opinion anyway....
If you're an older guy who enjoys it, hey more power to you.

millerlight89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 millerlight89
Member since 2007 • 18658 Posts
[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"]

[QUOTE="locopatho"] Yeah the 20 million people who buy COD are all little kids :roll:

While I do agree CoD is fun. I mean it isn't my go to MP game, but it is fun. However, don't you think the series should take a break? I think they should skip a year or two.
Sandvichman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Sandvichman
Member since 2010 • 4006 Posts

[QUOTE="Sandvichman"]

[QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] Ironic that kids enjoy it more especially considering the game has a mature rating. They should remove all the blood and stuff and make it teen. Although, then the young kids wouldn't think it's cool enough to play. Guess you can't win them all.

DragonfireXZ95

Haters gonna hate.

Know what I see here? "I have no rebuttal."

Rebute what? Some dude on a forum who knows the age of 20 million people, yeah no.
kobedaGOAT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 kobedaGOAT
Member since 2006 • 293 Posts

Great, now maybe they can actually fix the game before the next expansion pack...........

ZippySlappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 ZippySlappy
Member since 2009 • 2664 Posts
I like it. Berlin wall is fun and Stadium is cool for rushing. Haven't played the others yet.
MobilechicaneX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 MobilechicaneX
Member since 2009 • 2863 Posts

I was actually going to buy the map pack until 1 of the maps were wasted on a zombie map.

Grawse

I hate most of CoD but this got me saying...

SaltyMeatballs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#38 SaltyMeatballs
Member since 2009 • 25165 Posts
Green Ops. Amirite!? :P
Avatar image for 205212669269561485377169522720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#39 205212669269561485377169522720
Member since 2005 • 14458 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"][QUOTE="DragonfireXZ95"] 17 is a kid to me. So yeah, I bet quite a lot of them are.

millerlight89

While I do agree CoD is fun. I mean it isn't my go to MP game, but it is fun. However, don't you think the series should take a break? I think they should skip a year or two.

It still makes money so there really isn't a point to it.:P

======

Seems like no one's giving their opinions on the maps themselves like the TC asked so yeah I'll give my thoughts.:P

I checked youtube vids of the new maps (minus Stadium) and they seem "okay" at best. BLOPS has a lot of mehh maps so these new maps might be a treat for some of those who are tired of them.:P I'm surprised they didn't get lazy and bring back old maps however.:P

I personally won't buy it since I'm not a fan of zombies (actually I really don't like it one bit:?) and just 4 maps and a zombie map for I don't care for about $15 doesn't sound like a good deal to me. I will surely play the new maps however or might get a redeem code for free if I'm lucky.:P

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#40 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

[QUOTE="locopatho"]

DragonfireXZ95

it's an 18 rated game,lol
BodyElite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 BodyElite
Member since 2009 • 2678 Posts
Traded in my copy yesterday. Better trade it in now while it's still worth something, because as we get closer to the next cod's release BO will be worthless
Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#43 Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

Here's the $1,000,000 question ... if you play BLOPS without the map pack, does it automatically put you in a "non map-pack" lobby?

MW2 did this right, but World at War put you in a shared lobby and then kicked you out whenever a map pack map came up in rotation.

I guess it doesn't matter, I'll be picking this up today. I'll admit I really like the game.

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Dibdibdobdobo
Traded in my copy yesterday. Better trade it in now while it's still worth something, because as we get closer to the next cod's release BO will be worthless BodyElite
Yes im going to sell someone elses property, Did you read the orignal post?! Of cause you didnt as you posted absloute rubbish which had no relevence to the post what so ever. I dont know why 90% of the people post comments as they are incapable of understanding simple question and answering it. If you dont own the expansion then dont post, If you wanna post a comment of "I dont like CoD" and "It Suxxors" then dont bother commenting its that simple.
ps3wizard45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45 ps3wizard45
Member since 2007 • 12907 Posts

I have to wait for it on ps3.... the only reason i want it is for the new zombie map...

Dibdibdobdobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Dibdibdobdobo

I have to wait for it on ps3.... the only reason i want it is for the new zombie map...

ps3wizard45
Well i watched it, It was kidna annoying as it was all in black and white, i thought the TV was broke lol.
GTSaiyanjin2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 GTSaiyanjin2
Member since 2005 • 6018 Posts

Just started downloading them right now 643mb.... Cant wait to play the new maps :D

Baranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#48 Baranga
Member since 2005 • 14217 Posts

Here's the $1,000,000 question ... if you play BLOPS without the map pack, does it automatically put you in a "non map-pack" lobby?

MW2 did this right, but World at War put you in a shared lobby and then kicked you out whenever a map pack map came up in rotation.

Dire_Weasel

Neogaf says it does it right this time.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#49 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

I would get it if the maps were like $5. This $15 for a few maps is just bull.

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
Master_ShakeXXX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 142

#50 Master_ShakeXXX
Member since 2008 • 13361 Posts

I would get it if the maps were like $5. This $15 for a few maps is just bull.

Wasdie

Agreed. I wont be buying these unless there's a price drop. Guess I wont ever be buying them :lol: