Buying Okami, does it support Clover anymore?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NobuoMusicMaker
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NobuoMusicMaker
Member since 2005 • 6628 Posts

Since Capcom demolished Clover so early in the game and they reformed an independent studio called Seed, does buying Okami mean the former Clover sees any of the cash? I mean if devs don't get to see any cash from anyone who buys the game now, does it go all to Capcom?

Capcom pulled the trigger way too early and should had invested in this creative dev team. If what I say is true, they're cashing in by closing down the studio. I feel that Okami is much better than Wind Waker and TP. I hope people just buy a used copy to prevent further profits going to Capcom for this atrocity.

Crunchman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Crunchman
Member since 2003 • 9316 Posts
Buy three copies just to make sure.
Carmilla31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Carmilla31
Member since 2005 • 3335 Posts
Since Capcom disbanded Clover im assuming they get no further profits of the game. It doesnt matter anyway since Okami is such a poor seller. It sold 100k in Japan and like 300k in America. Its a critical success but a commercial failure.
LINKloco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LINKloco
Member since 2004 • 14514 Posts
Clover was straight up gangsta. They will be missed. R.I.P. *pours a 40oz*
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 NobuoMusicMaker

Since Capcom disbanded Clover im assuming they get no further profits of the game. It doesnt matter anyway since Okami is such a poor seller. It sold 100k in Japan and like 300k in America. Its a critical success but a commercial failure.Carmilla31

Well it's definitely not the games fault. The game feels just like an Zelda adventure. Might be a hiccup on Capcom's side of things because this game definitely should sell.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

Since Capcom demolished Clover so early in the game and they reformed an independent studio called Seed, does buying Okami mean the former Clover sees any of the cash? I mean if devs don't get to see any cash from anyone who buys the game now, does it go all to Capcom?

Capcom pulled the trigger way too early and should had invested in this creative dev team. If what I say is true, they're cashing in by closing down the studio. I feel that Okami is much better than Wind Waker and TP. I hope people just buy a used copy to prevent further profits going to Capcom for this atrocity.

NobuoMusicMaker
If you were really interested in supporting Clover then you should have bought the game when it first came out, like I did. I also disagree with your opinion that Okami is "much better" than those Zelda games. Okami is basically a rip-off of the Zelda series in almost every way, having said that I think they are all great games that are similar to one another.
NobuoMusicMaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NobuoMusicMaker

Even though it doesn't you should still seriously buy the game!! Its jsut amazing. And if you like Zelda at all you will reasure this game :)

This is my garentee to anyone that hasn't palyed it yet.

TC btw I have to say that I like Windwaker much more than Okami. But Okami was just so much fresher than Twilight princess...not saying TP isn't a wonderful game either. Saying that I have to admit that the only problem with Okami is that they pretty mcuh copied much of Zeldas gameplay..

other than that its awesome!

alchemist007

I have the game since I preordered it. I don't think they copied anybit of Zelda except the fact that it's a free roaming adventure (how many are out there?).

I'm just hypothesizing where the money goes when you buy the game after Clover is gone. I mean, you buy games because you like what the developer made, but if they're non-existant, it brings up that question.

voxware00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 voxware00
Member since 2004 • 5018 Posts

bought it the day it came out, good price too

if people think zelda was too easy dont expect much challenge here

id favor some puzzles instead of quests

i had some high expectations too since i was one of the few people hyping this game so much just so people would notice it

btw, speaking of SEEDS , i hear shinji mikami just joined them for an upcoming project

Panzer_Zwei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Panzer_Zwei
Member since 2006 • 15498 Posts

It's not like Clover was going to see any of the cash Okami made either way.

Most probably, they got paid their agreed wages for making the game and that's that. The profit of the game goes straight to Capcom.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#11 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

Capcom is the publisher. Clover was a studio within Capcom. Capcom owns everything. All money goes to Capcom since the Clover employees got paid a salary. Since Clover is no more, Capcom gets the cash from Okami. It's only fair since they paid for the development of the game.

Sorry.

cabjnico

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 cabjnico
Member since 2003 • 748 Posts
why do you even care who gets the money?
Gallion-Beast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gallion-Beast
Member since 2005 • 35803 Posts
Nope, it doesn't.