BulletStorm sequel shelved, Epic games blames PC pirates for PC sales

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11811 Posts

Piracy and Used games are the escapegoat of the gaming industry

Let's not forget the demo got released on consoles in January and by the time the PC demo came out which was April the game was released in February. So they made PC gamers wait 4 MONTHS for a demo and the game was released a month Earlier. Plus they used Crap for Windows Live.

Epic Games if you actually are making a PC exclusive you better take the PC platform more seriously cause you've already shown how out of touch you are.

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Thank God for piracy or else companies might have to take responsibility for their own actions.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

He's right. PC gamers pirate more games than they buy originals. Don't try to negate that :P

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

**** ports = **** sales.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#5 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41571 Posts
Wait, isn't Epic making a PC Exclusive? Isn't this kind of... hypocritical?
Jynxzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Jynxzor
Member since 2003 • 9313 Posts
Couldn't be because people didn't like the game right? Had to be piracy!
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 N30F3N1X
Member since 2009 • 8923 Posts

Tanked on all platforms.

Therefore, it's PC pirates' fault.

Seems legit.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

Wait, isn't Epic making a PC Exclusive? Isn't this kind of... hypocritical?nintendoboy16
$10 says its either a facebook game or a free(pay) 2 win game

Avatar image for HaloinventedFPS
HaloinventedFPS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 HaloinventedFPS
Member since 2010 • 4738 Posts

lol what blaming piracy? Bulletstorm was a crap game, so it sold like crap, the singleplayer was like 2 hours long

Cliffy B went on twitter and insulted all PC gamers by saying "HAHA NO DEMO FOR YOU, U MAD?"

of course being a mediocre game and a awful console port have nothing to do with poor sales, its TEH PIRATES

also didnt they blame used game sales & rentals for Bulletstorm selling poorly on consoles? i think they did, always an excuse

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26650 Posts
Meh, it was kind of a stupid game anyway. Doesn't really need a sequel.
Nega3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nega3
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts

fbgfr

I was looking forward to a sequel! :cry:

majestix1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 majestix1988
Member since 2006 • 822 Posts

even it can have second series it will die because of other popular franchise like COD or other shooters + pirates

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

Are they still releasing a sequal on the PS3 and 360? Would that keep everyone happy?

Cherokee_Jack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#14 Cherokee_Jack
Member since 2008 • 32198 Posts

Couldn't be because people didn't like the game right? Had to be piracy!Jynxzor

It was well-liked. It probably wouldn't have failed if they had more realistic expectations of its audience, ie not GOW and COD players.

Ironically, it might have been more successful as a lower-budget PC exclusive.

Pikachu69er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pikachu69er
Member since 2012 • 1381 Posts

pc will be the death of gaming.

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Hermits, you filthy pirates

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#17 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
nooooo.jpg. It would be good to have a bulletstorm sequel.
gamebreakerz__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 gamebreakerz__
Member since 2010 • 5120 Posts
What was wrong with the port?? There were few graphics options, but the graphics were great....
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Why do hermits steal so many games?

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

He's right. PC gamers pirate more games than they buy originals. Don't try to negate that :P

nameless12345

Dont try to negate the fact that not even half of pirates would buy original either. Not even half ... 1/4 most likely . I really think companies should care about their games more not about pirates. Im start thinking that piracy is their excuse when their game fails to sale.

How comes some other FPS selling nice ? Did they ever wonder that ? Stop crying , start working.

LordRork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#21 LordRork
Member since 2004 • 2692 Posts

Bigboi500

Wrong question. Where is the proof that Bulletstorm was pirated to the point it didn't sell too well?

Piracy is a lazy excuse, and the fact that they allude to a sloppy port shows their PR guys just have to find something else to blame.

Stream_Beta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Stream_Beta
Member since 2007 • 352 Posts

It wasn't piracy that hurt that game, it was the fact that the game was terrible. I didn't even want to torrent it

because I already knew it was terrible.

Make great games and people will buy them.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Tanked on all platforms.

Therefore, it's PC pirates' fault.

Seems legit.

N30F3N1X

LOL

Blade8Aus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Blade8Aus
Member since 2006 • 1819 Posts

It wasn't piracy that hurt that game, it was the fact that the game was terrible. I didn't even want to torrent it

Stream_Beta

LOL.

If the demo was any better, I might've considered pirating the full version. :P

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 razgriz_101
Member since 2007 • 16875 Posts

[QUOTE="nameless12345"]

AzatiS

Dont try to negate the fact that not even half of pirates would buy original either. I really think companies should care about their games not about pirates. Im start thinking that piracy is their excuse when their game fails to sale.

When you get your foot in a creative industry you'll understand this mentality.

Dev's need money to survive and keep producing games, if dev's ARENT making money and able to turn a profit it hits the pan.Its harrowing in cases like this where a great game and concept are being shelved because it didnt sell enough yet faired well critically and enjoyed a lot by those who bought it, and to boot it was a highly replayable game.

It's annoying a lot of idiots pirated it based on the fact it had a short campaign and no real focus on online, but there are those PC gamers out there who even hermits admit exist who just pirate everything..they exist on consoles but its a bigger problem on PC as its a tad bit easier and theres a little less repercussions compared to say pirating on the 360 if your a live user :P

When your in a creative industry (im heavily involved in music and in the midst of starting my own gig promotion company as a little extra cash on the side since no promoter here handles the more extreme spectrum of metal/hardcore) you learn a few things and even more in a band every penny does count and i can see where developers are coming from, i've seen many a band split because its not financially viable any more a honest to god good example is Anterior a stellar band who's split well before their time because they just couldnt keep going.

Its a shame when you see something with a ton of potential shelved because they just cant make money, because some little bozo thinks its better to pirate the game sure im coming off with a draconian attitude but the people who expect more than they deserve attitdues (most of SW) just need a clobbering over the head and brought back to reality.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 razgriz_101

Stream_Beta

Clearly nevver actually played the game then......

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

lol what blaming piracy? Bulletstorm was a crap game, so it sold like crap, the singleplayer was like 2 hours long

Cliffy B went on twitter and insulted all PC gamers by saying "HAHA NO DEMO FOR YOU, U MAD?"

of course being a mediocre game and a awful console port have nothing to do with poor sales, its TEH PIRATES

also didnt they blame used game sales & rentals for Bulletstorm selling poorly on consoles? i think they did, always an excuse

HaloinventedFPS

LOL no it wasn't, Bulletstorm was great and it actually had a pretty meaty campaign.

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Don't release PC demo.

Make sloppy port.

Blame pirates.

EPIC FAIL ?

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#29 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]

LordRork

Wrong question. Where is the proof that Bulletstorm was pirated to the point it didn't sell too well?

Piracy is a lazy excuse, and the fact that they allude to a sloppy port shows their PR guys just have to find something else to blame.

There's no denying that piracy is a huge problem on PC. Even if this was the greatest game in the world it would still be pirated to death. There should be a Martin Luther King/Bill Cosby of the PC to preach to people about the evils of stealing.

RyviusARC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 RyviusARC
Member since 2011 • 5708 Posts
[QUOTE="gamebreakerz__"]What was wrong with the port?? There were few graphics options, but the graphics were great....

When the game first came out it was plagued with issues. I got 16 bit color even though I had everything maxed. Character textures disappeared when getting to close. The shadows were screwed up and the performance went down the drain if you played at a 16:10 resolution like 1680x1050. They didn't fix these issues for so long and the work around before that made the game run even worse.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

Well it wasn't much of a good port and there was no demo. Those were huge blunders.

However.

Bulletstorm, even on the PC despite its problems, was an excellent game - and one of my favourites n recent memory.

And low and behold Epic are also developing a PC title reportedly.

Videogames.

ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

Odd, it goes on sale all the time. Sales should be fine for PC.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 N30F3N1X

Dev's need money to survive and keep producing games, if dev's ARENT making money and able to turn a profit it hits the pan.Its harrowing in cases like this where a great game and concept are being shelved because it didnt sell enough yet faired well critically and enjoyed a lot by those who bought it, and to boot it was a highly replayable game.

It's annoying a lot of idiots pirated it based on the fact it had a short campaign and no real focus on online, but there are those PC gamers out there who even hermits admit exist who just pirate everything..they exist on consoles but its a bigger problem on PC as its a tad bit easier and theres a little less repercussions compared to say pirating on the 360 if your a live user :P

When your in a creative industry (im heavily involved in music and in the midst of starting my own gig promotion company as a little extra cash on the side since no promoter here handles the more extreme spectrum of metal/hardcore) you learn a few things and even more in a band every penny does count and i can see where developers are coming from, i've seen many a band split because its not financially viable any more a honest to god good example is Anterior a stellar band who's split well before their time because they just couldnt keep going.

Its a shame when you see something with a ton of potential shelved because they just cant make money, because some little bozo thinks its better to pirate the game sure im coming off with a draconian attitude but the people who expect more than they deserve attitdues (most of SW) just need a clobbering over the head and brought back to reality.

razgriz_101

Plenty of good bands play in their free time, as a hobby. Disbanding because "it's not financially viable" means you're too greedy.

N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 N30F3N1X

There's no denying that piracy is a huge problem on PC. Even if this was the greatest game in the world it would still be pirated to death. There should be a Martin Luther King/Bill Cosby of the PC to preach to people about the evils of stealing.

Bigboi500

Oookay. So what?

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts
Piracy is a big deal on pc. Don't know why so many people here a sweeping it under the rug. Unless you guys are pirates too.
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 N30F3N1X

Piracy is a big deal on pc. Don't know why so many people here a sweeping it under the rug. Unless you guys are pirates too.ultraking

Ah, but of course. A thread whose topic is about piracy couldn't miss the average moron accusing everyone of being pirates.

How refreshing for SW.

razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

N30F3N1X

Plenty of good bands play in their free time, as a hobby. Disbanding because "it's not financially viable" means you're too greedy.

Clearly you've never played in a band then.

Playing gigs can be a costly affair, doing tours is a very costly affair aswell,Anterior done a tour in Japan out their own pocket i might add..Because they cant sustain a moderate living like you and me means they are greedy?

Trust me if you ever met Anterior you would know they arent greedy, they loved what they did and they just couldnt afford to keep pushing on.They had a label but the label dont want to fund touring and various other things, its a shame because they do have a good following in the UK.

If you cant afford to live life and pay rent is more what i mean by not being financially viable, might be wise to do a bit of reasearch on the band im speaking bout aswell tbh and clearly shows first hand you really do have F all experience when it comes to being in a band...playing gigs can be a costly game if you've got backline and van hire..

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 ultraking

[QUOTE="ultraking"]Piracy is a big deal on pc. Don't know why so many people here a sweeping it under the rug. Unless you guys are pirates too.N30F3N1X

Ah, but of course. A thread whose topic is about piracy couldn't miss the average moron accusing everyone of being pirates.

How refreshing for SW.

no need to be an a hole. So sorry I posted in a forum and said something
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#39 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

So let me get this straight:
It was hurt by piracy.
And it may have been hurt by being a bad port.

LordRork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#40 LordRork
Member since 2004 • 2692 Posts

Bigboi500

But how do we define the problem? It happens, but what is the actual impact? As has been mentioned, a vast chunk of pirates are never going to buy the game anyway.

If piracy is losing the developers/publishers money, they must have a method of actually measuring its impact on their profits, not just wild speculation (Theft is hardly a new crime, regardless of medium).

Piracy is cited so often as a major problem for lack of sequels/ports that it's becoming an accepted, rather than proven, truth.

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ultraking

It was hurt by piracy.

KungfuKitten

so . If it was a perfect port then no one would have stole it for pc? Let's face it , pc gamers are going to steal games bc its just too easy

illmatic87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 564

#42 illmatic87
Member since 2008 • 17935 Posts
It tanked because it wasnt terrible. It was actually pretty damn good and probably my favourite manshootish game of last year; all 3s and 2s considered. It tanked because it didnt offer much as a package to a wide range of people. While its campaign was sharp, It was short, lacked replay value and its multiplayer was less than stellar with conflicting ideas (Trying to line up enemies for a combo will just have someone else leash them from your sights etc).
N30F3N1X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 N30F3N1X

Playing gigs can be a costly affair, doing tours is a very costly affair aswell,Anterior done a tour in Japan out their own pocket i might add..Because they cant sustain a moderate living like you and me means they are greedy?

Trust me if you ever met Anterior you would know they arent greedy, they loved what they did and they just couldnt afford to keep pushing on.They had a label but the label dont want to fund touring and various other things, its a shame because they do have a good following in the UK.

If you cant afford to live life and pay rent is more what i mean by not being financially viable, might be wise to do a bit of reasearch on the band im speaking bout aswell tbh and clearly shows first hand you really do have F all experience when it comes to being in a band...playing gigs can be a costly game if you've got backline and van hire..

razgriz_101

Plenty of people can "sustain a moderate living". If they can't they're a prime example of greed, by definition.

Can't afford gigs? Don't do them. Or stick to smaller, affordable ones. Can't afford to "pay rent"? Then what in blazes goes on in your head that makes you think you can rely on being a musician as the only source of income?

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 KungfuKitten

'Thanks for all the money, but we deserved way better.'
In a fair capitalist world your salary wouldn't have been half as high.

nutcrackr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

User Lists: 1

#45 nutcrackr
Member since 2004 • 13032 Posts
Imagine if it didn't have the Gears 3 beta, would have been a train wreck
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 KungfuKitten

[QUOTE="KungfuKitten"]

It was hurt by piracy.

ultraking

so . If it was a perfect port then no one would have stole it for pc? Let's face it , pc gamers are going to steal games bc its just too easy

So they know it was hurt by piracy. And oh maybe it was because the game wasn't so good? They don't even know whether piracy delivered or cost them sales. People don't just steal because it is too easy and piracy isn't theft.

zekere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#47 zekere
Member since 2003 • 2536 Posts

I've said it before and say it again, hermits are actually lemmings.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46548 Posts

I really regret buying the game now.

Don't get me wrong it wasn't a bad game but ending on a cliffhanger like that and not providing a sequel is extremely lame.

ducati101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ducati101
Member since 2004 • 1741 Posts
This is the same guy that said, console are pretty much dying this gen and they will be focusing on PC from now on. Then Epic confirms a new PC exclusive title. Makes absolutely no sense.
razgriz_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 razgriz_101

[QUOTE="razgriz_101"]

N30F3N1X

Plenty of people can "sustain a moderate living". If they can't they're a prime example of greed, by definition.

Can't afford gigs? Don't do them. Or stick to smaller, affordable ones. Can't afford to "pay rent"? Then what in blazes goes on in your head that makes you think you can rely on being a musician as the only source of income?

nothing does, but the case in hand is Anterior were a fairly big band on the British Metal scene and had a good roster behind them, 2 albums which were well recieved by the music press.Not to mention a very loyal following (including myself) who were like a tight nit community within the scene aswell.

Anterior barely sold 50 tickets to their last Glasgow headliner, and always came along on the past 2 sylosis headlining tours(both sellouts) as support and great lads to hang out with before a gig, they were doing fine just it became harder and harder as they were moving up the foodchain which happens when your a decent band and with rising costs everywhere its harder than ever, its all fine and well saying oh but you need another job but not many jobs will take you on if you arent going to be stable and be off a lot. i've learned this all to well last year doing stints for local bands on merch tables.

Anterior isnt a low local band, they done europe and they done Japan aswell as having plans for America, on top of that said band was actually signed to Metal blade one of the bigger imprints aswell.

2 members of Anterior have moved on to a new band, and i know Leon's quitting music playing to handle the back end stuff more often im sure.

Its a shame when a band with a following and a good loyal one cant keep going because its not affordable...its all good saying dont do gigs and stick to smaller ones but most anterior gigs were in smaller venues :S and not doing gigs means you wont build a fanbase.

As i will reiterate you need to learn more about the inner workings and movements of the music scene, i work part time, aswell as part time promotion and in the midst of saving some cash up to get some capital so i can book a venue and get a couple local bands on and try draw people in.On top of that im currently in the midst of forming a grindcore band and potentially getting ready to jump into a bassist spot in another band right now as they have problems with their current bassist.

Im heavily involved i know the inner workings, a good example of a famous-ish band that gets by just and no more is a band called the Cancer bats.Famous yet they make the modest average joe living like the rest of us and tour relentlessly i tip my hat to them, they are happy getting along but when it comes to it if its not affordable (although distort are a fantastic label and more than likely would support them) they would more than likely move on aswell.

I've got a lot of knowledge, know the inner workings of the anterior split and the situations but when you've got families, commitments,rent and a busy touring schedules somethings gotta give not to mention most bands now actually make their money from live shows and that sector has seen a sharp increase in profitability while recording has went down.