Bulletstorm > Uncharted 2

• 143 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 soapandbubbles
Member since 2010 • 3412 Posts

graphically....yeah i think so.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#2 Animal-Mother
Member since 2003 • 27362 Posts

soapandbubbles
Graphically it's a looker. Gameplay wise, I would beg to differ.
soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 soapandbubbles
[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]

Animal-Mother

Can't really compare..2 different games. Tho, Bulletstorm does play like gears..just in FP-view :)
Harisemo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Harisemo
Member since 2010 • 4133 Posts

looks nice but not on the same level as UC2

fatherofsol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 fatherofsol
Member since 2011 • 72 Posts

meh, i completely disagree. i think bulletstorm has stale character models and uninteresting fights. bulletstorm is overdone and it really kills the fun for me. and on graphics... no. just no. uncharted is supirior on a technical and artistic level in regards to graphics.

balfe1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 balfe1990
Member since 2009 • 6747 Posts

The outdoor environments are pretty stunning and the art design is something else...But have you had a good look at the character models? Butt-ugly man.

And there is no way you are going to win in this thread, the cows are not going to take kindly to a multiplat outdoing an exclusive in the looks department.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"][QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]

soapandbubbles

Can't really compare..2 different games. Tho, Bulletstorm does play like gears..just in FP-view :)

ehh thats true,I agree
soapandbubbles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 soapandbubbles

The outdoor environments are pretty stunning and the art design is something else...But have you had a good look at the character models? Butt-ugly man.

And there is no way you are going to win in this thread, the cows are not going to take kindly to a multiplat outdoing an exclusive in the looks department.

balfe1990
This is the unreal engine 3 we're talking about. character models? in gameplay the graphics are definitely on par with uncharted 2's gameplay graphics IMO... Hope you know, U2 cut scenes are not completely in-game and ARE touched up.
lowkey254

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#9 lowkey254
Member since 2004 • 6031 Posts

no.

SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
I played uc2 on my ps3 and bulletstorm on my pc and I got to say bulletstorm has the better graphics.
BlbecekBobecek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 BlbecekBobecek
Member since 2006 • 2949 Posts

[QUOTE="balfe1990"]

soapandbubbles

This is the unreal engine 3 we're talking about. character models? in gameplay the graphics are definitely on par with uncharted 2's gameplay graphics IMO... Hope you know, U2 cut scenes are not completely in-game and ARE touched up.

Rofl. Nowhere near. Imho Bulletstorm graphics are completely average. It wasnt even meant to be better then average in graphics department.http://playstationlife****net/2010/07/05/graphics-not-top-priority-for-bulletstorm-devs/

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 dakan45
Member since 2009 • 18819 Posts
[QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Graphically it's a looker. Gameplay wise, I would beg to differ.

I beg to differ too, not as good as uncharted 2 but the gameplay is insane. one of the few fps in this gen that is actually enganging. [QUOTE="soapandbubbles"] Can't really compare..2 different games. Tho, Bulletstorm does play like gears..just in FP-view :)

What? forget i said anything.
ArcFatalix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ArcFatalix
Member since 2010 • 135 Posts

Joke right?

I think you need to play both again and compare them

TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts
Oh no no no..heh heh. Just no.
dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 dakan45

TC, Really,.....youve compaired an Unreal 3 Engine game to the godly almost christlike ( according to cows ) Uncharted 2.

you MUST be new to system wars.

Uncharted 2 is on the Cow Mt Rushmore alongside Killzone, Infamous and LBP. no comparisons to those games will ever be taken seriously no matter how Advanced the game you mention is.

case in point, RAGE is universally considered the best looking game coming to consoles in 2011 and in the world of cows Uncharted 2 is still better.

it could be the year 2375 and cows would still hype Uncharted 2 as graphics king. Bulletstorm looks good, but comparing it to the COW SAVIOR called Uncharted 2 will only get you flamed, Thread locked or worse here at Cow wars.

bryn8150
Uncharted 2 use a modified unreal engine. It does not look that good. I am a cow but come on, some people are overdoing it with uncharted 2. Also rage? the whole game is an artistic joke. 60 fps and how do they achieve that? Blurry textures everywhere, static lighting, prebaked shadows and more.
TheMoreYouOwn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 TheMoreYouOwn
Member since 2010 • 3927 Posts

[QUOTE="bryn8150"]

TC, Really,.....youve compaired an Unreal 3 Engine game to the godly almost christlike ( according to cows ) Uncharted 2.

Uncharted 2 is on the Cow Mt Rushmore alongside Killzone, Infamous and LBP. no comparisons to those games will ever be taken seriously no matter how Advanced the game you mention is.

case in point, RAGE is universally considered the best looking game coming to consoles in 2011 and in the world of cows Uncharted 2 is still better.

it could be the year 2375 and cows would still hype Uncharted 2 as graphics king. Bulletstorm looks good, but comparing it to the COW SAVIOR called Uncharted 2 will only get you flamed, Thread locked or worse here at Cow wars.

dakan45

Uncharted 2 use a modified unreal engine. It does not look that good. I am a cow but come on, some people are overdoing it with uncharted 2. Also rage? the whole game is an artistic joke. 60 fps and how do they achieve that? Blurry textures everywhere, static lighting, prebaked shadows and more.

You're no cow with that statement. ;)

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MFDOOM1983
Member since 2010 • 8465 Posts

needs more pics.

Animal-Mother

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Animal-Mother
[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="Animal-Mother"] Graphically it's a looker. Gameplay wise, I would beg to differ.

I beg to differ too, not as good as uncharted 2 but the gameplay is insane. one of the few fps in this gen that is actually enganging. [QUOTE="soapandbubbles"] Can't really compare..2 different games. Tho, Bulletstorm does play like gears..just in FP-view :)

What? forget i said anything.

:P I dunno, I didn't find the gameplay to fit my needs but thats just me.
bryn8150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bryn8150
Member since 2004 • 795 Posts
[QUOTE="bryn8150"]

dakan45

i dig your enthusiasm dude, but im just pointing out as a 360 and PS3 owner that comparing anything to Uncharted 2 here in system wars is a waste of time. apparently the Irony was missed. also Uncharted 2 uses a modified Unreal engine. the COWS are going to rip you apart for that...........
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 waltefmoney
Member since 2010 • 18030 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="bryn8150"]

TheMoreYouOwn

He can be a cow without worshipping Uncharted's graphics.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 dakan45

MFDOOM1983

I am just gonna upload one of this from closer range with a bigger view, because apparently there is so much detail that this game that this shot does not do it justice.

bryn8150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 bryn8150

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]

[QUOTE="dakan45"] Uncharted 2 use a modified unreal engine. It does not look that good. I am a cow but come on, some people are overdoing it with uncharted 2. Also rage? the whole game is an artistic joke. 60 fps and how do they achieve that? Blurry textures everywhere, static lighting, prebaked shadows and more.waltefmoney

a COW not praising Graphics?? what is this...Bizarro world?
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#26 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

This part is enough for me to say Bulletstorm has better graphics than Uncharted 2, makes the train level look pretty average, hell I think its the best looking game around at the moment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J0C7YrXGDNg

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MFDOOM1983

vs.

dakan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dakan45
[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

[QUOTE="TheMoreYouOwn"]

bryn8150

a COW not praising Graphics?? what is this...Bizarro world?

:lol: Well you just fell right into the only one who doesnt. Actually i did, becasue the graphics are quite good. They are very impresive. But not graphic king. There were plenty of games that looked better than uncharted in the past say crysis and cryostasis or metro 2033. Let alone now that its 2011.
SamiRDuran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 SamiRDuran
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

[QUOTE="dakan45"][QUOTE="bryn8150"]

bryn8150

i dig your enthusiasm dude, but im just pointing out as a 360 and PS3 owner that comparing anything to Uncharted 2 here in system wars is a waste of time. apparently the Irony was missed. also Uncharted 2 uses a modified Unreal engine. the COWS are going to rip you apart for that...........

I know what you mean and I agree. It still wont change the fact that the PC version of bulletstorm puts uc2 to shame. You can easily see that from the screenshots posted here. Sony fanboys can believe what they want.

bryn8150

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 bryn8150

YIKES...is it just me or do the Uncharted 2 pics look DATED, compared to the Bulletstorm pics.

this cant be real, these pics have to be touched up!

waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 waltefmoney

YIKES...is it just me or do the Uncharted 2 pics look DATED, compared to the Bulletstorm pics.

bryn8150

Well, to be fair, aren't most of those Bulletstorm screens from the PC version of the game?

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts

soapandbubbles

Thats what opinions are for :P I disagree though.

Btw arent those pics above from the PC version? Because in that case it doesnt count. Do that with 512 RAM and then its fair.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 MFDOOM1983

bryn8150

Nope, direct feed user pics.      same guy and capturing equipment.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="bryn8150"]

waltefmoney

Well, to be fair, aren't most of those Bulletstorm screens from the PC version of the game?

Yep
waltefmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 waltefmoney

[QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

MFDOOM1983

Yep

I wonder how well the console versions hold up to Uncharted.

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="MFDOOM1983"][QUOTE="waltefmoney"]

waltefmoney

Yep

I wonder how well the console versions hold up to Uncharted.

The 360 version has less light shafts, ps3 version barely has any and uses bloom. Plus higher resolution assets and anti-aliasing.
Solid_Tango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Solid_Tango
Member since 2009 • 8609 Posts
I Dont think so, i really dislike the unreal engine, also Uncharted 2 had a lot more detail
MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 MFDOOM1983

[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]

tommyas

Thats what opinions are for :P I disagree though.

Btw arent those pics above from the PC version? Because in that case it doesnt count. Do that with 512 RAM and then its fair.

A 9800gt(512mbvram) can max it out(1050P and 4xAA) at 360 level performance(30-40fps).:P

MFDOOM1983

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MFDOOM1983

I Dont think so, i really dislike the unreal engine, also Uncharted 2 had a lot more detailSolid_Tango
How so?

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

Why do people keep saying UC2 uses a modified unreal engine ?

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#41 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

bryn8150

Get a capture device and you'll get the same results, direct feeds are like that, hell, you can take pics of the multiplayer like here:

Impress3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#42 Impress3
Member since 2008 • 234 Posts

soapandbubbles

you can tell the people who only have a 360, this topic is the most ignorant thread ever.

I've played Bulletstorm. The game does not compare graphically to Uncharted 2. You guys need to get out more or play more games.

I'm astounded by some of these threads that actually get people agreeing with this stuff. WOW

sakura_Ex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sakura_Ex
Member since 2007 • 3066 Posts

[QUOTE="soapandbubbles"]

Impress3

you can tell the people who only have a 360, this topic is the most ignorant thread ever.

I've played Bulletstorm. The game does not compare graphically to Uncharted 2. You guys need to get out more or play more games.

I'm astounded by some of these threads that actually get people agreeing with this stuff. WOW

Not to mention that the pics are from the PC version.
mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#44 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

Bulletstorm looks great though, and that chick is hot.:P

PatchMaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#45 PatchMaster
Member since 2003 • 6013 Posts

Many games can match or top Uncharted 2 when maxed out on PC. On consoles, however, Bulletstorm does not beat out Uncharted 2. /thread

ZippySlappy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ZippySlappy
Member since 2009 • 2664 Posts

Many games can match or top Uncharted 2 when maxed out on PC. On consoles, however, Bulletstorm does not beat out Uncharted 2. /thread

PatchMaster
D: it so does.
hellraiser_07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 hellraiser_07
Member since 2006 • 2171 Posts
I dunno about U2 vs BS but Killzone 3 tops them both easily.
DreamCryotank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 DreamCryotank
Member since 2011 • 1829 Posts

I played uc2 on my ps3 and bulletstorm on my pc and I got to say bulletstorm has the better graphics.SamiRDuran

This.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#49 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49581 Posts
PC version, yeah. I don't think the PS3 version of bulletstorm would stand up to the original Uncharted though--yet alone Uncharted 2.
iwasgood2u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 iwasgood2u
Member since 2009 • 831 Posts

soapandbubbles

8.0 < 9.5